Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeSRwB33XxU

Love isn't always on time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...

Sometimes it's early! Well done.

normal contact
Mar 19, 2010

Argh still not out on steam!! Come onnnnnnnn

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Nice shorts on that dude

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I don't think I've ever seen a JM-looking Ibanez like that before.

Is this a pre-lawsuit clone?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Stand the gently caress up! It isn't called "Lazy Band"!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

But then you'd just be looking at his crotch? :confused:

I mean I ain't judging but I thought this was about people playing guitar at home

YeahWhatevah
Oct 28, 2013

OhDearGodNo posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a JM-looking Ibanez like that before.

Is this a pre-lawsuit clone?

Looks like a Talman. Made in the mid 90's (to capitalize on peak Cobain Jag popularity I guess) then d/c'ed them. The acoustic version is still being made. I had a line on a tiger-striped maple sunburst with lipstick pickups in an SSS config last year, still kicking myself that I didn't pull the trigger.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

non-standers are subhuman filth v:shobon:v

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

toymach1ne posted:

Rupert Holmes - Escape
Doobie Brothers - China Grove
Toto - Hold the Line
Hall & Oats - Kiss on my List
Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'

I don't see how this pack could be conceived without first watching a few episodes of Yacht Rock.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Clitch posted:

I don't see how this pack could be conceived without first watching a few episodes of Yacht Rock.

Oh Hi, Hollywood Steve here

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Has anyone else had Star Chords go crazy and throw the same chord at you for every ship until you get to a turret run? I've just had that and got like 46mil. Was just playing G for like 80 shots.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

spamman posted:

Has anyone else had Star Chords go crazy and throw the same chord at you for every ship until you get to a turret run? I've just had that and got like 46mil. Was just playing G for like 80 shots.

Yes, and I had a ridiculously high score because of it. I went through a few turret runs, as well.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

spamman posted:

Yep, and it's the only thing that makes that stupid game playable.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
Maybe I should try that game again, then. I'm very good at playing G...

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Quinctia posted:

Maybe I should try that game again, then. I'm very good at playing G...

This is why Vasoline rhythm is the best song.

normal contact
Mar 19, 2010

Is anyone else not seeing Toto on steam?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

normal contact posted:

I looked again last night, and nope :(

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...

Nocheez posted:

I looked again last night, and nope :(

Apparently there's an issue with it on Steam; the rocksmith people have reached out to Valve according to their twitter, so hopefully we'll see it soon after Seattle wakes up.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
It's up now.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Has anyone else been watching youtube videos and have this guys Rocksmith vid as the promoted ad? It has come up twice for me at least. It doesn't seem like an official video, so maybe he just decided to buy himself some views?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0f3d2yM0Q8

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

normal contact posted:

Toto? The band? Is that the latest dlc?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Toto? The band? Is that the latest dlc?

Hold the Line is the only song, but's a lot of fun. The solo is a right bitch, however.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Nobody posted this here yet?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

JHVH-1 posted:

Nobody posted this here yet?

Easily RS's top fan. Dude has done so much for this game and community. Well deserved.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Thanks guys :)

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

toymach1ne posted:

Thanks guys :)

It's ok. I forgive you for the tele. Unless you're running it through a blooz jr

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
My tele looks identical, but needs some repair. I've had it for nearly 20 years at this point (Made in Mexico model with Fender in big letters and squire in little ones)

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Teles rule, wish I had a Tele

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
mine is an american standard :)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you don't like teles, you aren't American.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Cojawfee posted:

If you don't like teles, you aren't American.

What if you like Strats better? Mine's Burgundy Mist, like this one:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah, but how will you become a blues dad without a tele and a blues jr?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I have an tele body with a fixed strat neck/head in the mail to me right now. Best of both worlds :cool:

Literally just the body/neck/head, so it'll be a while before it's playable, but I'm still excited.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

^ Like a Tele Deluxe?

The mark of a true Bluesdad is spending fancy money on a fancy guitar. Teles are cool because they're no-nonsense and you can make one out of what the gently caress ever. It's like when Jack White does that thing in that one clip, except not poo poo. The guitar of the people!

I mean obviously there's some crossover but what are you gonna do

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.

MichiganCubbie posted:

What if you like Strats better? Mine's Burgundy Mist, like this one:

That's so pretty, I'm jealous! I've got a starburst strat, I think it's hideous, but I didn't buy it. My sister received it as a gift, but still can't play it, so it lives with me and is mine at this point. She's got another guitar, anyway.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I have a metallic blue strat that is apparently a shade of blue that they only made for a year or two which is great because I think it's the most badass blue that ever was a shade of blue.

It's the best strat in the world. :colbert:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Maybe you guys can help me understand something. I keep hearing people quip 'Strats are great but take more to get ___ out of them' and it makes no loving sense to me. I know the internet is full of bozos all pretending to be knowledgeable, but I have seen this crap in 4-5 different places in the last few days. Outside of the floating bridge being a tiny pain, the guitar is pretty easy to handle. Not to mention it is stupidly versatile, I just do not get this mentality that it is harder in any way to manage. Does anyone else actually believe this, or is this just a case of dumb luck or something?

Also Teles are pretty awesome, I am kind of conflicted whether I like Strats over them or not. I think the Strat body cuts are far superior, but the Tele just has this simple as hell awesomeness to it.

Strat also tends to look more badass when you are actually playing them, while when I hold my CV50 I often feel like Johnny Cash's retarded nephew.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Strats can be awkward with the tremolo, inline tuners, string trees and single coil pickups. Doesn't take much to get past all that but they can be irritating even to Leo Fender. That's why the Jaguar was designed as a full upgrade to fix most of these tiny faults. Of course people flipped out because the bridge literally rocks, as in back and forth. Also you can't abuse the trem and some offsets like the Bass VI have such incredible sustain that playing a string fucks up the fundamental note of the rest unless you use careful EQ'ing and effects.

Or you can just buy a Yamaha Pacifica and get a much better "S-type" guitar than most modern Fenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I love my Strat. Of all the guitar bodies I've tried, I find the Strat to be the most comfortable. I don't use the trem, and the bridge has been rest against the body instead of floating, so I've never had any of those issues.

Really my only complaint is that I'm not a big fan of the sounds I get out of the single coil bridge pickup and I usually have to roll off the tone pretty hard. I've wondered if I should modify it with a humbucker or something, but I don't know enough about the things to guarantee that I'd like the sound of the replacement either.

Maybe I'll just get a second Strat with a humbucker and the excuse that I can keep them in different tunings.