Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

African AIDS cum posted:

I pick dates up on a motorcycle. Establishes relatively close physical contact and some level of trust right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

you sit at home alone eating cream cheese you lying motherfucker

never eaten cream cheese in my life lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Boeing Troll posted:

i got passed up for a promotion that i was expecting :thumbsup: even though it was agreed that they'd put it for it as soon as i started the new position

That's some garbage but never take anything like that on the word of the HR guys, if they don't have to do something they wont.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

African AIDS cum posted:

never eaten cream cheese in my life lol

cream cheese is some serious win

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Gigi Galli posted:

That's some garbage but never take anything like that on the word of the HR guys, if they don't have to do something they wont.

yeah, that was the result of discussions over phone calls with my current boss, and i should have gotten it in writing when i accepted the job

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Cream + corn

Hmmm delicious

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

gonna think of kwagga when i tell ppl not to get MBA's. get that STEM and work from home *presses foot pedal and leans back in la-z-boy recliner*

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

they stopped accepting SAT manadarin / korean at UC schools so they arent ch*nktopias anymore i heard, if anyone was interested

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
it owns not having a boss and just doing whatever the gently caress you want

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Boeing Troll posted:

yeah, that was the result of discussions over phone calls with my current boss, and i should have gotten it in writing when i accepted the job

I hope you didnt only take the job on the condition of you getting the promotion?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
i got 99 weddings

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

it owns not having a boss and just doing whatever the gently caress you want

this except sometimes my mom forwards me job applications and my dad comes downstairs and says in a real sneering tone "videogames again huh"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

African AIDS cum posted:

this except sometimes my mom forwards me job applications and my dad comes downstairs and says in a real sneering tone "videogames again huh"

I lol that this is literally a real thing for a large percentage of this forum.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Boeing Troll posted:

im still taking less time off than my allowance for the year, i have 44 days

fuckin europe

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

hahah *pulls collar, wipes brow* same

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

serious gaylord posted:

I hope you didnt only take the job on the condition of you getting the promotion?

no but that was a selling point. it seems i wouldnt have gotten the promotion if i went with either of my other offers, but they didnt promise anything either

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

KWagga, friend. Dealt with this scenario at work myself, and here's what happened. A few months before I started taking Truvada for PrEP, I got hit up on Manhunt by a gorgeous HIV-positive guy who wanted to gently caress me bare. He was frank about it, telling me that his viral load was undetectable and had been for years and that he wouldn’t cum inside me. In all honesty, I blanched at his frankness.

For years, I had been telling friends (and anyone else who would listen) that choosing to only have sex with guys who think they’re HIV-negative wasn’t really an effective prevention strategy for guys in areas of the country like mine. Where I live, there are plenty of guys who think they’re negative who are actually positive because they haven’t been tested in eons. Transmission is mostly likely going to occur with these guys – not with guys who know they’re HIV-positive.

That may seem confusing at first, but the science behind it is straightforward. When you’re diagnosed as HIV-positive today, most doctors immediately recommend you start taking medication to treat the virus. HIV treatment can fight the virus so effectively that it makes the virus “undetectable” in your system. If the virus is undetectable in your body (and you don't have any other STIs), it’s virtually impossible for you to transmit the virus. Guys who don’t yet know they’re infected aren’t taking these drugs. Without treatment, there could be tens of thousands or even millions of those tiny little critters in just one milliliter of blood. Having that much virus in your system dramatically increases the odds that the virus will be transmitted during sex.

This isn’t just my “opinion”: a recent study estimated that the majority of new HIV-infections in the US are the result of having sex with someone who didn’t yet know that they were poz. The CDC estimates 20% of HIV-positive people in the US don’t know they’re infected – yet it’s this 20% that researchers estimate account for between 54% and 71% of new infections.

The hard-to-swallow truth is that, for guys with a lot of partners (like me), loving poz guys with undetectable viral loads is actually safer than loving raw with guys who think they’re negative.

All right, so I’ve known these numbers for years – and yet I was still having trouble wrapping my head around the idea of condomless sex with an HIV-positive guy. I had been trained my entire life to think of that as anathema, akin to reckless self-endangerment. The kind of thing only a crazy person would do. I knew the science had totally debunked that kind of stigmatizing fear-mongering, and yet here I was, faced with an enticing proposition from an HIV-positive guy and feeling downright anxious. It was then and there I decided that it was time I put my money where my mouth was; it was time for the rubber to hit the road.

Unfortunately, the guy ended up being a creep, so I didn’t get to test my metal. It wasn’t until I started taking PrEP (about two months ago) that I started to seriously think about what it would mean to gently caress with poz guys. Because I liked to gently caress raw, I had pretty much organized my sex life around the rubric of “serosorting” (or, only loving other guys with the same HIV-status) – but I knew that this system was flawed and bound to fail. With PrEP at my side, I started to incorporate poz guys into my sexual community. I started messaging them online. I joined BarebackRT, where the bulk of guys are poz. I began to open myself up to the possibility of sex across the sero-divide.

As it turns out, seeking out sex with poz guys raised a new set of issues that I didn’t anticipate. First, just as I had spent years telling myself that I wasn’t supposed to be loving poz guys, many poz guys are simply not interested or willing to have sex with HIV-negative guys. Why concern themselves with my limits, when they can find sex with poz guys who don’t have to worry about transmission?

But more importantly for me, I had to learn exactly what my limits were. This is more of an ad hoc process than I anticipated. Do I let poz guys cum inside me? And what about poz guys whose viral loads aren’t detectable? I learned my answer to both of these questions recently, but not until my legs were already in the air. Before having sex with the first poz guy I let gently caress me raw, I had a lengthy discussion about viral loads and safety. He reassured me that his partner of eight years was negative, and that “I know how to keep my bottoms safe.” It was, in fact, reassuring. As he was about to cum, though, I was faced with a dilemma. I love for guys to cum in my rear end, but I could feel the nerves running through me that told me I wasn’t so sure I was up to it. He asked where I wanted him to cum, and I told him to cum on my back. You gotta take your harm reduction where you can find it, I suppose.

More recently, I was having sex with a poz guy and he started rubbing his dick against my hole. It felt fantastic, and I wanted him inside me. But we hadn’t discussed viral load and I knew that he had only been diagnosed two or three months before. I asked him, dick-pressing-against-my-hole, “So what’s your viral load?” He looked conflicted, shyly confessing that he couldn’t remember. I kissed him. “But I guess it was something, then, and not undetectable?” “I guess so,” he replied. I told him I would be down to gently caress, but only with condoms.

I couldn’t believe the words were escaping my mouth. Condoms!? I was suggesting condoms? But as I came to realize later that day, our encounter may well have been his first time with a negative guy since he was diagnosed. We were both learning, it turned out.

I’ve heard from guys who’ve emailed me to say that PrEP has helped give them a certain peace of mind, but what has been remarkable is the variety of ways that guys report PrEP pushing their boundaries. Let’s face it: PrEP won’t magically turn a guy who’s deathly afraid of swallowing cum into a barebacking, cumguzzling trick-turner. Wherever your boundaries are now in regards to HIV, PrEP is likely to push at them – but how far, and to what end, is entirely dependent on where you begin your journey.

For me, PrEP allowed me to start incorporating poz guys into my sex life, when they had for so long been absent. I am deeply grateful for that. I have long believed that excluding them was wrong and more likely to be informed by stigma than science, but I didn’t have the guts to change my ways. PrEP changed that.

Of course, some guys out there may think PrEP and undetectable viral loads are redundant – that PrEP is really there to protect you with guys whose viral loads aren’t undetectable. Scientifically, that’s almost certainly a sound statement. But our sex lives aren’t a perfect science. They’re driven by gut, emotion, and pleasure – the kinds of things for which science can’t account.

Learning sex takes practice. There’s no manual. There’s no “right” way. We figure it out as we gently caress.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
What a load of gay poo poo!

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

serious gaylord posted:

That 3000 word essay on how the Mario games reinforce gender stereotypes is going to land them a sweet game journalist job one day, just gotta keep streaming to pay the bills in the mean while.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Boeing Troll posted:

no but that was a selling point. it seems i wouldnt have gotten the promotion if i went with either of my other offers, but they didnt promise anything either

thats annoying as poo poo but i guess is a life lesson.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

imagine the billions we are spending so these queens can do that poo poo to each other lol come on over and do your worst russia

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

African AIDS cum posted:

KWagga, friend. Dealt with this scenario at work myself, and here's what happened. A few months before I started taking Truvada for PrEP, I got hit up on Manhunt by a gorgeous HIV-positive guy who wanted to gently caress me bare. He was frank about it, telling me that his viral load was undetectable and had been for years and that he wouldn’t cum inside me. In all honesty, I blanched at his frankness.

For years, I had been telling friends (and anyone else who would listen) that choosing to only have sex with guys who think they’re HIV-negative wasn’t really an effective prevention strategy for guys in areas of the country like mine. Where I live, there are plenty of guys who think they’re negative who are actually positive because they haven’t been tested in eons. Transmission is mostly likely going to occur with these guys – not with guys who know they’re HIV-positive.

That may seem confusing at first, but the science behind it is straightforward. When you’re diagnosed as HIV-positive today, most doctors immediately recommend you start taking medication to treat the virus. HIV treatment can fight the virus so effectively that it makes the virus “undetectable” in your system. If the virus is undetectable in your body (and you don't have any other STIs), it’s virtually impossible for you to transmit the virus. Guys who don’t yet know they’re infected aren’t taking these drugs. Without treatment, there could be tens of thousands or even millions of those tiny little critters in just one milliliter of blood. Having that much virus in your system dramatically increases the odds that the virus will be transmitted during sex.

This isn’t just my “opinion”: a recent study estimated that the majority of new HIV-infections in the US are the result of having sex with someone who didn’t yet know that they were poz. The CDC estimates 20% of HIV-positive people in the US don’t know they’re infected – yet it’s this 20% that researchers estimate account for between 54% and 71% of new infections.

The hard-to-swallow truth is that, for guys with a lot of partners (like me), loving poz guys with undetectable viral loads is actually safer than loving raw with guys who think they’re negative.

All right, so I’ve known these numbers for years – and yet I was still having trouble wrapping my head around the idea of condomless sex with an HIV-positive guy. I had been trained my entire life to think of that as anathema, akin to reckless self-endangerment. The kind of thing only a crazy person would do. I knew the science had totally debunked that kind of stigmatizing fear-mongering, and yet here I was, faced with an enticing proposition from an HIV-positive guy and feeling downright anxious. It was then and there I decided that it was time I put my money where my mouth was; it was time for the rubber to hit the road.

Unfortunately, the guy ended up being a creep, so I didn’t get to test my metal. It wasn’t until I started taking PrEP (about two months ago) that I started to seriously think about what it would mean to gently caress with poz guys. Because I liked to gently caress raw, I had pretty much organized my sex life around the rubric of “serosorting” (or, only loving other guys with the same HIV-status) – but I knew that this system was flawed and bound to fail. With PrEP at my side, I started to incorporate poz guys into my sexual community. I started messaging them online. I joined BarebackRT, where the bulk of guys are poz. I began to open myself up to the possibility of sex across the sero-divide.

As it turns out, seeking out sex with poz guys raised a new set of issues that I didn’t anticipate. First, just as I had spent years telling myself that I wasn’t supposed to be loving poz guys, many poz guys are simply not interested or willing to have sex with HIV-negative guys. Why concern themselves with my limits, when they can find sex with poz guys who don’t have to worry about transmission?

But more importantly for me, I had to learn exactly what my limits were. This is more of an ad hoc process than I anticipated. Do I let poz guys cum inside me? And what about poz guys whose viral loads aren’t detectable? I learned my answer to both of these questions recently, but not until my legs were already in the air. Before having sex with the first poz guy I let gently caress me raw, I had a lengthy discussion about viral loads and safety. He reassured me that his partner of eight years was negative, and that “I know how to keep my bottoms safe.” It was, in fact, reassuring. As he was about to cum, though, I was faced with a dilemma. I love for guys to cum in my rear end, but I could feel the nerves running through me that told me I wasn’t so sure I was up to it. He asked where I wanted him to cum, and I told him to cum on my back. You gotta take your harm reduction where you can find it, I suppose.

More recently, I was having sex with a poz guy and he started rubbing his dick against my hole. It felt fantastic, and I wanted him inside me. But we hadn’t discussed viral load and I knew that he had only been diagnosed two or three months before. I asked him, dick-pressing-against-my-hole, “So what’s your viral load?” He looked conflicted, shyly confessing that he couldn’t remember. I kissed him. “But I guess it was something, then, and not undetectable?” “I guess so,” he replied. I told him I would be down to gently caress, but only with condoms.

I couldn’t believe the words were escaping my mouth. Condoms!? I was suggesting condoms? But as I came to realize later that day, our encounter may well have been his first time with a negative guy since he was diagnosed. We were both learning, it turned out.

I’ve heard from guys who’ve emailed me to say that PrEP has helped give them a certain peace of mind, but what has been remarkable is the variety of ways that guys report PrEP pushing their boundaries. Let’s face it: PrEP won’t magically turn a guy who’s deathly afraid of swallowing cum into a barebacking, cumguzzling trick-turner. Wherever your boundaries are now in regards to HIV, PrEP is likely to push at them – but how far, and to what end, is entirely dependent on where you begin your journey.

For me, PrEP allowed me to start incorporating poz guys into my sex life, when they had for so long been absent. I am deeply grateful for that. I have long believed that excluding them was wrong and more likely to be informed by stigma than science, but I didn’t have the guts to change my ways. PrEP changed that.

Of course, some guys out there may think PrEP and undetectable viral loads are redundant – that PrEP is really there to protect you with guys whose viral loads aren’t undetectable. Scientifically, that’s almost certainly a sound statement. But our sex lives aren’t a perfect science. They’re driven by gut, emotion, and pleasure – the kinds of things for which science can’t account.

Learning sex takes practice. There’s no manual. There’s no “right” way. We figure it out as we gently caress.

i read three paragraphs of this and gave up

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
But seriously it owns being your own boss

That's why I went to law school and that's why I have my own company so I can delegate and I don't have to do anything and have other people make me money

Working a 9 to 5 sucks poo poo not that I've ever done it

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

thats annoying as poo poo but i guess is a life lesson.

If Kwagga wanted lessons he'd go back to school. gently caress that company.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

corn in the fridge posted:

i read three paragraphs of this and gave up

same but then i cleaned up after myself and finished the rest

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

El Hefe posted:

But seriously it owns being your own boss

That's why I went to law school and that's why I have my own company so I can delegate and I don't have to do anything and have other people make me money

Working a 9 to 5 sucks poo poo not that I've ever done it

What law school did you go to?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

African AIDS cum posted:

lol what the gently caress

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Ponce de Le0n posted:

What law school did you go to?

Hey granted it's a Venezuelan law school not some fancy US/UK one

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

MDE guy brutally triggered some williamsburg hipsters by reading out an article by a poz guy complaining how people dont want to sleep with him for some reason. They got really mad.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ponce de Le0n posted:

MDE guy brutally triggered some williamsburg hipsters by reading out an article by a poz guy complaining how people dont want to sleep with him for some reason. They got really mad.

i recognized a guy i knew irl in that video, and i msgd him on facebook about it and he deleted his account lol

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Who is MDE?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

i recognized a guy i knew irl in that video, and i msgd him on facebook about it and he deleted his account lol

Was it the guy who got really annoyed when he was going on about depression and it obviously hit too close to home and stormed out?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
lol Wiggins has got clowned on in the team pursuit what a way to go out. Losing everything.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

serious gaylord posted:

im a large perce ntage of this forum, because im real fat

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

serious gaylord posted:

lol Wiggins has got clowned on in the team pursuit what a way to go out. Losing everything.

tom is upset and hes cryeing about it

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Was it the guy who got really annoyed when he was going on about depression and it obviously hit too close to home and stormed out?

link the vid i'll see

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

African AIDS cum posted:

link the vid i'll see

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

face of a cuck. cuck alarm went off immediately before even reading bio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

link the vid i'll see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSVdfViU2gI&t=579s

Im surprised he wasn't stopped

• Locked thread