Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

Hoping this isn't a repost...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap9_jxEr_JA

cop destroys an imbecile tailgating a biker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

Hoping this isn't a repost...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap9_jxEr_JA

cop destroys an imbecile tailgating a biker

Even if I hadn't seen the Skokie on the cop car, I'd know it was from the Chicago area just from how he talked. "This jagoff was riding your rear end"

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

I hate this prick.

One day I might actually share an area of CA road with him :ohdear:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

tuna posted:

I hate this prick.

"Comments are disabled for this video" = "I am a gigantic oval office and totally in the wrong". Never fails.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Can anyone tell what kinda bike that guy rides? I wanna hate all people who own whatever bike that is. Unless it's a BMW.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

tuna posted:

I hate this prick.

First video, he lane splits between the 2nd and 3rd lane and gets mad when the UPS driver calls him out on it, but in the third video he calls someone a noob for doing the same thing. What?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Geoj posted:

but as long as you're not being stupid about it

You do know where you're posting, right? :v:

But honestly, mileage can vary wildly. I've lived in some places where the cops don't give a gently caress, and I've lived in far too many where they will pull you over for doing 5 miles over the limit, you just gotta be aware of where you're driving.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Ok guys, which one of you writes for Ars?

The beauty of zipper merging, or why you should drive ruder

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Can anyone tell what kinda bike that guy rides? I wanna hate all people who own whatever bike that is. Unless it's a BMW.

About 99% sure it's a Kawasaki Concours. One of his other videos mentions him getting one and GIS for the bike turns up pictures that seem to match up with the instrument cluster and mirrors in the video.

So hate away!

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Anything ever come of this, aside from the Camry driver getting his plate # blasted all over Jalopnik and the rest of the web?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nothing came of these, and I reported him to the police and said I had video, and linked to the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiQxXgyutA0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAGbceGfb8c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Om96jb1zL0

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Geoj posted:

Fixed. Most cops won't give any fucks if they aren't on traffic detail

This. It pisses me off TO NO END when everyone slows for a loving border patrol/sheriff/city cop when on the interstate. They literally could not care less about speed.

Even the highway patrol won't give a poo poo unless you are literally blasting by/weaving.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Geirskogul posted:

Nothing came of these, and I reported him to the police and said I had video, and linked to the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiQxXgyutA0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAGbceGfb8c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Om96jb1zL0

I wish someone would do that "go into my lane and about hit me without a blinker" poo poo to me. gently caress it, They can hit me. I get you on video being a retard ill take a paycheck and new vehicle.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Chinatown posted:

This. It pisses me off TO NO END when everyone slows for a loving border patrol/sheriff/city cop when on the interstate. They literally could not care less about speed.

Even the highway patrol won't give a poo poo unless you are literally blasting by/weaving.

It's even better when you find out that the cop car isn't even an actual cop. Redi-Wheels, I don't know what you do but I hate you for buying nothing but decommissioned Crown Vics.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
This morning, as I headed down the main road into work (decently wide road, but 30 limit due to being in a residential area), an older woman in a Clio gets right up my chuff, despite my already doing a bit over the limit.

She then gets even closer and evidently more worked up when I back off to thirty exactly. Perhaps if she'd been more than a couple of feet from my bumper, she'd have been able to see past me, and spotted the police car coming the other way, and worked it out.

I was really hoping she'd pull a good "frustrated idiot" overtake straight into their front bumper, but unfortunately she didn't, and nor did the police spot that there wasn't actually a tow rope between us. She took the next turning, which probably is why she didn't pass me.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jul 26, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Intersection with two left turn lanes and two travel lanes, followed closely by another.

I am in the leftmost at the first. Idiot is next to me.

All lights red. Both sets of straight ahead lanes go green. Idiot takes off going straight through the left only section, despite everyone honking at him. Then comes to a stop at the next (red) left turn only and then takes a left. :wtf:

Oh, some autopilot 65 in the left lane retard went full rage mode when I blipped the horn as I passed on the right, floored it to stay even, got ahead (apparently it is easy to pass a shagged out cherokee with 500lbs of parts and tools in the back if the driver is too lazy to downshift. WHO KNEW) swerved in front of me and brakechecked me. Apparently to TEACH ME A LESSON or something, I guess no one is allowed to pass Mr. Lane hog the supreme arbiter of highway speed. So I flipped him off and drove away.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

The Midniter posted:

That's pretty ballsy, man. Were you not expecting him to pull your rear end over, or what?

He was in an undercover cruiser of a variety I had not seen before. It wasn't until he pulled in behind me and I saw the hat/spotlight that I knew it was a cop.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Can someone explain how hard a 4 way stop is to figure out? I managed to grasp this concept fairly quickly, but apparently, it's way too difficult for some people. That and turn signals.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

That and turn signals.

I know: you just have to slow down unexpectedly, pull half way into the turn lane while blocking the through lane, get into the intersection, then flip the signal on. Easy!

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
I was coming back from a trip with my dad in his 78 F250 that weighs like 8000 lbs unloaded with an 800 lb lift gate in the back on 35 going NW. It's a 70 MPH road but there's barely any traffic, and the truck has 4.10s and no overdrive so it's doing like 3000 RPM at 60 and really working.

There was some construction, the right lane was closed, so everyone gets into the left lane and I'm still cruising 60 with a pickup and a van behind me. We get out of the construction and the right lane opens up right at a bridge with an absolutely horrible transition, like almost leave your seat on both sides, so I stay in the left lane for a whole 5 seconds to get past this bridge and then flip my signal on and check my mirror and oh hey the truck is passing me on the right without signaling. Whatever.

Then I keep my signal on, wait for him to get around me, look at my mirror, everything is clear, start getting over and when I'm about halfway into the lane, I see in my rear view the minivan flip their signal on and floor it to cut me off and pass me on the right halfway on the shoulder.

Then they played musical cars a bunch in front of me, van cut off the truck in the middle of this wide open road with no other traffic, truck cuts off the van a bit, then they both get away from each other.

Why are people so stupid?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
One time on a roadtrip I got in a 'race' with 3 other cars except they didn't know we were racing. I just had the cruise set, but noticed that I kept passing them, and they kept passing me. We raced for about 60 miles or so till we changed highways. I never touched the cruise control.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

nsaP posted:

One time on a roadtrip I got in a 'race' with 3 other cars except they didn't know we were racing. I just had the cruise set, but noticed that I kept passing them, and they kept passing me. We raced for about 60 miles or so till we changed highways. I never touched the cruise control.

Target fixation. If I don't use the cruise on long trips I find myself subconsciously speeding up when people pass me in order to maintain the same relative speed. I never match speed while they're passing me, though, that's a dick move and their families should be killed in a boating accident.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Back in Canada on long hauls along the 401, which in my part of the world is just four lanes through a crapload of granite and pine trees with rare exits to tiny towns, I used to regularly get zombies trailing along behind me for dozens of kilometers. If I sped up, they'd speed up, slow down they slow down, drift over the line they'd drift over the line too. When I noticed it happening, my favorite thing to do was to slowly lead them over to the rumble strips on the side of the highway, and watch in the mirror for them to suddenly jolt awake and swerve back into the road.

Maybe a dick move but I told myself I was just waking them up a little :v:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Back in Canada on long hauls along the 401, which in my part of the world is just four lanes through a crapload of granite and pine trees with rare exits to tiny towns, I used to regularly get zombies trailing along behind me for dozens of kilometers. If I sped up, they'd speed up, slow down they slow down, drift over the line they'd drift over the line too. When I noticed it happening, my favorite thing to do was to slowly lead them over to the rumble strips on the side of the highway, and watch in the mirror for them to suddenly jolt awake and swerve back into the road.

Not a dick move at all. The adrenaline rush probably helped keep them awake too.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
I kinda wish I got a picture of this. I pulled out of a shopping center and reached a red light where I wanted to turn right. Three lanes over in the left turn lane waiting for the turn signal is a built drag strip car (parachute, massive wing, wheelie bar, top fuel style intake on the hood) on non-DOT legal slicks and no plates with two bros sitting in the front seats. The nearest drag strip is an hour and a half away and in the opposite direction of where they were headed.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

I do this too on the 401. Sup.

Also the 401 is horrendously boring.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kastein posted:

Intersection with two left turn lanes and two travel lanes, followed closely by another.

I am in the leftmost at the first. Idiot is next to me.

All lights red. Both sets of straight ahead lanes go green. Idiot takes off going straight through the left only section, despite everyone honking at him. Then comes to a stop at the next (red) left turn only and then takes a left. :wtf:

Oh, some autopilot 65 in the left lane retard went full rage mode when I blipped the horn as I passed on the right, floored it to stay even, got ahead (apparently it is easy to pass a shagged out cherokee with 500lbs of parts and tools in the back if the driver is too lazy to downshift. WHO KNEW) swerved in front of me and brakechecked me. Apparently to TEACH ME A LESSON or something, I guess no one is allowed to pass Mr. Lane hog the supreme arbiter of highway speed. So I flipped him off and drove away.

I had the opposite of this today. Doing maybe 2-3 over in the second from the far right lane on US60; the only reason I wasn't all the way over right is that's the lane everyone is getting onto / off of the freeway from, every single mile. There were also four wide-open lanes to the left of me.

Noticed a dipshit in a riced Civic coming up behind me from a distance at probably 10-15 over. Despite having plenty of room to move over (he could've passed me on the right, even) or slow down, he doesn't seem to notice me until he has to stand on the brakes.

Then his passenger flips me off as they slowly regain speed, swerve left, and pass me.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Target fixation. If I don't use the cruise on long trips I find myself subconsciously speeding up when people pass me in order to maintain the same relative speed. I never match speed while they're passing me, though, that's a dick move and their families should be killed in a boating accident.

I've always assumed they're letting me be cop bait for them, but the ones I really can't stand are the ones who park themselves in such a way that at least one of my mirrors is directing their headlights into my face.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

SyHopeful posted:

I've always assumed they're letting me be cop bait for them, but the ones I really can't stand are the ones who park themselves in such a way that at least one of my mirrors is directing their headlights into my face.

I've got this one guy that always used to follow me into work at night. Three feet off my bumper and highbeams on. I just got in the habit of repositioning the mirror so it reflected right back at him- at least that way it wouldn't be in my eyes, and it's not like I could see anything behind me anyways.

Also, followed a retiree for about three miles who just couldn't understand traffic lanes. Riding right down the middle of the road, directly on the yellow lines. When they saw a car coming, they moved over into the bike lane (thank god there weren't any bikes today), then moved right back on top of the lines.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
edit: double post.

At least drive the speed limit, too. At least.

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 27, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Can someone explain how hard a 4 way stop is to figure out? I managed to grasp this concept fairly quickly, but apparently, it's way too difficult for some people. That and turn signals.

Double post! Anyway, a regular 4-way is easy, the ones that get more complicated have more lanes than that, especially if it's something like a big intersection with a broken traffic light. Sometimes it gets hard to keep track of everybody. I try and give some leeway on this. Nobody is perfect.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

As Nero Danced posted:

Also, followed a retiree for about three miles who just couldn't understand traffic lanes. Riding right down the middle of the road, directly on the yellow lines. When they saw a car coming, they moved over into the bike lane (thank god there weren't any bikes today), then moved right back on top of the lines.

CALL 911!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

revmoo posted:

CALL 911!

That was my first thought, but they parked in the same lot as me. When he got out, the driver was fine. Just a lovely driver.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

As Nero Danced posted:

That was my first thought, but they parked in the same lot as me. When he got out, the driver was fine. Just a lovely driver.
So ... Call 911. If they don't get reported, caught, and fined/punished, they will continue driving like that.

That's ridiculous.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

At the same roundabout I've seen 5 or 6 people go around counterclockwise, had a guy today inside the roundabout yield to every car that was waiting to enter. Fuckin' Alabama.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

wallaka posted:

At the same roundabout I've seen 5 or 6 people go around counterclockwise, had a guy today inside the roundabout yield to every car that was waiting to enter. Fuckin' Alabama.

Hopefully more than 6 people went counterclockwise, but I know what you meant.

Back on my college campus, there was a street that dead-ended into a roundabout and 3 parking lot entrances. One of the shuttle bus routes I drove used it as a turnaround, and it seemed every day that I'd come head-to-head with some fucker taking a shortcut into their 9 o'clock entrance. I started taking the loop so that my rear end was as close to the inside curb as possible, and come to a complete stop blocking the whole thing when someone would cut through. They'd get pissed and wave for me to move, get right up to the side of the bus... ain't happening dude, I can sit here and wait all day.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=palm...+43607&t=h&z=19

JBark
Jun 27, 2000
Good passwords are a good idea.
These are the people I used to share the road with until this morning:

Article is titled "Driver dies in crash with light pole".

I thought, stupid journalist, that's a tree, not a light pole....

Ohhhh, there's the light pole on the ground. Not only did he manage to get his Corolla going fast enough in town that it was almost torn in half by a tree, it did so after completely taking out a huge pole first. That thing had to have been really moving.

JBark fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 28, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah, call me callous, but when a car's got that kind of energy on a surface street, I can only breathe a sigh of relief that no innocent bystanders were taken out.

There are places for driving fast, and they typically don't have hard obstacles for you to hit.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

It still astounds me how ridiculously sturdy trees can be in the face of a moving car.

Don't gently caress with trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

JBark posted:

These are the people I used to share the road with until this morning:

Article is titled "Driver dies in crash with light pole".

I thought, stupid journalist, that's a tree, not a light pole....

Ohhhh, there's the light pole on the ground. Not only did he manage to get his Corolla going fast enough in town that it was almost torn in half by a tree, it did so after completely taking out a huge pole first. That thing had to have been really moving.

I don't know if this is a universal thing but around here lampposts are designed to break away like that, because of physics and all that.