Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Just started this, character name is Simhold. Would like a guild invite please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
wow. it took that guy a whole 2 minutes to raid your stash.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Our most valuable possessions, the garbage tab and stuff to make newbies bags!!

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Tom Powers posted:

They are so rare that people are still getting server firsts on them a year later and people are massive spergs about that stuff, so some of them might be worth several thousand.
Honestly, I'm suspecting that the real value of many of them is nearly zero, in that I'd be really interested to know how many people have actually been able to sell one.

There are moneybags out there which will dump hundreds of plat on the most pointless things, but the bounty sets are useless unless you can actually complete them. If there are none of a particular one in a set available for sale, then all of the other ones in the set are worth nothing, and I think people realize that. Maybe that's not the case for some of the more common mob types, but I've got a shard first badger tooth and I haven't seen a single other piece in that set available for sale ever, so it's basically just a lost bank slot pending some far-off day when they buff the drop rate.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

OneEightHundred posted:

Honestly, I'm suspecting that the real value of many of them is nearly zero, in that I'd be really interested to know how many people have actually been able to sell one.
The real value of most of that crap is nearly zero.

I mean, normal artifacts are both common and dreambreakable, so there's SOME value there.

But for all intents and purposes they're all essentially worthless, what you get as the shiny reward is pretty much trash as far as I know.

Wouldn't mind the bounty potions but I don't think it's worth the :effort:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

OneEightHundred posted:

There are moneybags out there which will dump hundreds of plat on the most pointless things, but the bounty sets are useless unless you can actually complete them. If there are none of a particular one in a set available for sale, then all of the other ones in the set are worth nothing, and I think people realize that. Maybe that's not the case for some of the more common mob types, but I've got a shard first badger tooth and I haven't seen a single other piece in that set available for sale ever, so it's basically just a lost bank slot pending some far-off day when they buff the drop rate.

Or list it for the completionists to buy it for a couple thousand plat.

Eltoasto posted:

Our most valuable possessions, the garbage tab and stuff to make newbies bags!!

I had to make tokaii's bags out of lanzan that I had lying around :smith:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

deadtear posted:

Or list it for the completionists to buy it for a couple thousand plat.
I think completionists want to... you know... complete it.

Tom Powers posted:

But for all intents and purposes they're all essentially worthless, what you get as the shiny reward is pretty much trash as far as I know.
There are mounts or something I think for collecting the bounty artifacts, the problem is that if it isn't possible to complete the set, the shiny reward doesn't exist.

If people are still getting shard firsts on bounties, then completing those bounty sets basically means that someone would have to track down all of the shard firsts (or possibly seconds) and arrange to buy out their items from all of them at the same time. And that's assuming all of the items in the set actually exist. It isn't going to happen. I'm probably just going to dump my badger tooth for like 50 plat and let some one else deal with the pipe dream of finding someone who will buy it for a price that they think its rarity warrants. By the time they buff the drop rate to something reasonable, the next expansion will be out and nobody will be killing badgers any more anyway (or Architects, or Storm Legion, or...)

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 21, 2014

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Just throw the artifact on the AH for more than you'd think anyone would pay for it ever.

If it's blue put it up at 1k buyout, purple 2k, orange 3k.

You can reduce the price if it doesn't sell.

Where the hell did you even get a badger part though?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

OneEightHundred posted:

I think completionists want to... you know... complete it.

Just because they don't have the full set now doesn't mean they don't want to snatch up poo poo as they come across it.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Tom Powers posted:

Just throw the artifact on the AH for more than you'd think anyone would pay for it ever.

If it's blue put it up at 1k buyout, purple 2k, orange 3k.
It's an orange, last time I listed it was at 300p and it's been on a long slide to that point.

quote:

Where the hell did you even get a badger part though?
A badger knight in Dendrome. I think those may be the only things in the entire game that drop that set, unless the level 60 Cactus Badger NPCs are actually a thing.

deadtear posted:

Just because they don't have the full set now doesn't mean they don't want to snatch up poo poo as they come across it.
Maybe if there was exactly one person that would do that, but if there's more than one, then that'll pretty much exhaust the entire supply. Two people with half-finished sets is useless. Maybe if they just keep them in inventory until they have a full set so they don't run that risk, but... eh.

Like I said, I'm really curious to know how much luck people are actually having selling these things. I know people think they're worth hundreds of plat because of their rarity, but I'm having a really hard time seeing a market for them.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
List them for an incredibly retarded price that absolutely nobody in their right mind would consider paying, then gradually walk it down from there to a price you'd be happy to accept. I made something like 300-500 plat off of a blue Greenscale's box the first day those came out with this strategy.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
in as manstrocity. I probably won't play constantly but I'll creep up to endgame eventually.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I literally sell blue SL puzzle artifacts for 300p pretty consistently. Butttttttt, I also buy up all the supply below 20p to make sure people have to buy mine.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Decairn posted:

Caught up with guild invites.

I didn't get an invite. Or did I? Are invites hidden somewhere hard to see? I'm a noob :smith:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Xibanya posted:

I didn't get an invite. Or did I? Are invites hidden somewhere hard to see? I'm a noob :smith:

Check your mail?

RubySprinkles
Jul 8, 2008

Xibanya posted:

Yeah, I'm getting a "Guild Invite Pending" message. Check your mail.

Edit: Guild invite sent to manstrocity, so should be caught up.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Oops, I was on the wrong shard. At least I only got to level 15.

In now on the proper shard, character's name is Chodya. Would love an invite!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Gooch181 posted:

Oops, I was on the wrong shard. At least I only got to level 15.

In now on the proper shard, character's name is Chodya. Would love an invite!
Did you transfer shards or did you make a new character :shobon:

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I made a new character.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Gooch181 posted:

I made a new character.

Shard transfers are free and instant!

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
oh hell

Guess I should have looked into that. Thanks! If someone could send an Invite to Simhold I transferred him over.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Guys, I'm leveling a cleric. What's a good dungeon / pvp healing spec for pre-SL dungeons? I've heard Puri / 22 Sent (for the AoE cure) - should I pump the sent first and get that cure, then go all purifier?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

RubySprinkles posted:

Yeah, I'm getting a "Guild Invite Pending" message. Check your mail.

Edit: Guild invite sent to manstrocity, so should be caught up.

I even transferred to the Deepwood server and I still don't see it. I swear I'm checking my mail. And I made sure I checked my spelling on my character's name!

kevo32
Oct 16, 2009
Made a character named Keevo. If I could get an invite that would be fantastic.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Guild invites to Chodya and Manstrocity aren't giving me the invitation sent message so I can only assume they have already been done.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
What build do you learned folk suggest for a leveling warrior? I am level 21 and I have just been using the shield/sword default build. I like the build I have now, but I think for leveling I would be better off with more all around DPS and maybe some AoE.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Idk if they nerfed the poo poo out of it at any point but warlord/champ was retarded this time last year.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deadtear posted:

Idk if they nerfed the poo poo out of it at any point but warlord/champ was retarded this time last year.

Looks like it's still champ/warlord: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...on-warlord.html

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Awesome, can't wait to give this a go. Thanks!

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
has anyone made a new stormcaller build after all the changes? I logged into my mage switched specs and looked like 75% of my abilities were gone.

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
Came back after a couple years away, started again with character name Alhambra, I'd love an invite!

RubySprinkles
Jul 8, 2008
Guild invites should be caught up.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The new AH they are working on looks great, gives price history in a graph and numbers sold. Lots of QoL stuff with it.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

price history
Bad news for anyone whose primary source of income is relisting.

i.e. me.

Wordicuffs
Jun 14, 2011
I'm picking this game back up after a long time off. Started a new character and would love a guild invite for Chuckwalla.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Can someone explain to me how to access the guild invite? I'm going to the mailbox but it doesn't say I have anything. I transferred to the Deepwood server, if that helps.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Xibanya posted:

Can someone explain to me how to access the guild invite? I'm going to the mailbox but it doesn't say I have anything. I transferred to the Deepwood server, if that helps.

If it isn't in your mailbox, then you need another invite. And yes, you have to be on Deepwood to join the goon guild.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Xibanya posted:

Are you certain that Manstrocity is your character name? I just tried right now and says an invite is pending. But searching for your name pulls up nothing.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Eltoasto posted:

Are you certain that Manstrocity is your character name? I just tried right now and says an invite is pending. But searching for your name pulls up nothing.

My character's name is "Malasanya"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eltoasto posted:

The new AH they are working on looks great, gives price history in a graph and numbers sold. Lots of QoL stuff with it.

Link, I need to know how to game it before it lands, also price history will ruin me :(

• Locked thread