Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

GhostSeven posted:

As soon as I move to a flat or house with an outside tap I will do that. At the moment I drive to jet wash / friends wash it then drive back and finish.

Its an A1 Sportsback. S-Line style edition I have no idea if the A1 was released in the US everyone who sees it over hear assumes its an A3 initially

Naw we don't get the A1. It looks like it's a bit smaller than the A3. Pretty sharp though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

CharlesM posted:

Naw we don't get the A1. It looks like it's a bit smaller than the A3. Pretty sharp though.

Looks a hell of a lot better than the A3.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

CharlesM posted:

Although, I saw this a couple of weeks ago in DC (Audi are headquartered nearby in Herndon:

(5 door S1)

Oddly enough the day after I'd been at an Audi event in CO driving A8s and S8s, but that's neither here nor there.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams

I have an NA Saabaru. The 92x has no roof rails, but that does not stop me from buying a couch at Ikea.

In hindsight, I wish I'd opened the boxes.

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago

CharlesM posted:

Strange that they do that and don't release a model, I assume they think there will not be enough demand.

Yes is a little smaller than A3 but not by much I think. Still fairly roomy.

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago

Chriskory posted:

In hindsight, I wish I'd opened the boxes.

Oh god did it scratch it... :ohdear:

reddeathdrinker
Aug 5, 2003

Scotland the What?

Emushka posted:

TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR CAR! I've been thinking about getting as a summer ride...

It's a 2000 MGF, also known as the Mk2 (facelifted dash, otherwise the same). Mine is one of 650 Wedgewood special editions in OAP blue with black leather. The standard 1.8 engine is plenty to have fun with, the VVC has a bit more poke, but not really necessary. If you're looking to buy, buy on condition.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I finally got a bigger garage thanks to a home purchase.

It's loving awesome.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Went on a roadtrip, this was in the Adirondacks somewhere.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
All body work fixed up and resprayed something that isn't black.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SquirrelGrip posted:

That car fresh as hell.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Found a picture of my old autocross car. The only picture I have of it, apparently:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Took a 400km trip through the mountains for a forum (not this one) meet last weekend, took... one picture.
In my defense, I was doing it Roadkill-style so I was far too busy babysitting a completely untested vehicle with a bunch of problems to take pictures of all the pretty, scenic poo poo I was driving through.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

SquirrelGrip posted:

What skirts are those? Border?

Mine is also in the bodyshop at the moment, I ended up going full retard with an aeroware front lip, rookie racing sides and a rev5 rear wing. Not sure what to do about the rear though, those border ones look way too big. But I might be able to get hold of some phoenix power ones which are fairly subtle.

Kellefornia
Nov 4, 2010
I've been meaning to start a thread on this car. Until then, a brief overview.

It's a 1968 Lancia Flavia 1.8 Iniezione that I imported from Spain into Canada.

The Flavia is powered by a flat 4 (unlike the V4 Fulvia) with power driven to the front wheels (a novel design at the time). Sounds like an Italian WRX but classier.

Quite a different driving experience from its flat 4 stable-mate, a 1960 Porsche 356B (T5):

Kellefornia fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 20, 2014

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Tommychu posted:

Took a 400km trip through the mountains for a forum (not this one) meet last weekend, took... one picture.
In my defense, I was doing it Roadkill-style so I was far too busy babysitting a completely untested vehicle with a bunch of problems to take pictures of all the pretty, scenic poo poo I was driving through.

What is that? It's awesome!

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

That is a Kia Sportage. :stare:

That is a Kia Sportage. :stonk:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's a 90s Kia meaning it's a Korean-built Mazda :P
Specifically, a first-gen Sportage.

edit: Good timing.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Friar Zucchini posted:

That is a Kia Sportage. :stare:

That is a Kia Sportage. :stonk:
You know, I'm pretty close to being completely burned out on this project (6 months of furiously burning all my free time, copious amounts of acetylene and a bit too much money). But the pants-making GBS threads reactions the car gets, especially once people realize it's a Kia! always brings my enthusiasm back.

Chassis and (most of the) powertrain is Mazda but Kia did their own thing for the sheet metal, electrical and most everything else. By the mid-'90s Kia was trying to avoid paying licensing fees to Mazda on every single part so they started doing their own little 'spinoffs' on Mazda platforms, and this was the worst one of them.
Oh and here's the pictures from the kijiji ad back in January:

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jul 21, 2014

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Wife's new (to her) Mini.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

SquirrelGrip posted:

Everything about this car is amazing. I love the MK2 MR2s.

What wheels are those?

Emushka
Jul 5, 2007

Chinatown posted:

That car fresh as hell.

daaaamn that mr2 is fresh. reminds me of this:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

track day bro! posted:

What skirts are those? Border?

Mine is also in the bodyshop at the moment, I ended up going full retard with an aeroware front lip, rookie racing sides and a rev5 rear wing. Not sure what to do about the rear though, those border ones look way too big. But I might be able to get hold of some phoenix power ones which are fairly subtle.

Border bar/skirts/rear cauldrons. Rev5 boot with wing removed ;) . I should of gotten a new kit but I like the border one and it all matched so stuck with it. I thought about the phoenix power engine lid but couldn't find one here in AUS.

Linux Nazi posted:

Everything about this car is amazing. I love the MK2 MR2s.

What wheels are those?

Roh somethings. On there when I bought it forever ago. They are curbed and grazed nicely so may end up black.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

SquirrelGrip posted:

Border bar/skirts/rear cauldrons. Rev5 boot with wing removed ;) . I should of gotten a new kit but I like the border one and it all matched so stuck with it. I thought about the phoenix power engine lid but couldn't find one here in AUS.

Roh somethings. On there when I bought it forever ago. They are curbed and grazed nicely so may end up black.

Nah mate it looks mint, you realy need some sort of kit to run with no rear wing or the rear just looks a bit weird.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Emushka posted:

daaaamn that mr2 is fresh. reminds me of this:

I was just thinking it looked like a baby Ferrari. Heh, spell check got mad at me for not capitalizing Ferrari.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

SquirrelGrip posted:

Linux Nazi posted:

What wheels are those?
I know it's your car but they are Advan Model 5's... or a knockoff version.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Step one of my car is done.

Step two has arrived but I can't fit them as one had a fault!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Mmm, Weds. She gon look sexy.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

My little daily beater. Just a 318is with Ground Control coilovers, MR2 KYB AGX front shocks, and Camaro KYB Gas-a-Just rear shocks. Ground Control camber plates and some 16x8 BBS wheels and I'm done with it.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

I know it's your car but they are Advan Model 5's... or a knockoff version.

Probably knock offs.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Here is a couple pics of my 08 Lexus ISF, playing in the snow.

I don't have any other good pics, not taken any for a while. Got a bit done to the car, -1" springs on the front, borla exhaust, PPE headers, ported & polished head, throttle body, and K&N air filter. Ofc the primary and secondary cats are removed. (good thing no emissions testing here).

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Last September I finally bought a Challenger after having a Hyundai sedan for eight years.

I love it. I haven't done anything with it yet, but this summer is going to be a cold air intake and a Diablo Sport tune since that should be easy enough.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

305s (not pictured) went on it today, drag racing tomorrow night!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

El Jebus posted:

Wife's new (to her) Mini.

My sister is dying to buy one of these. But I worry about their reliability. How much research have you done?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ziploc posted:

My sister is dying to buy one of these. But I worry about their reliability.

Rightfully so. The car itself isn't that bad, but the packaging is so tight that maintenance/repair on my wife's S made me want to cry.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Is the packaging better without the supercharger/turbocharger in the way? The early non-S models can be had cheap these days and are supposed to be decent handlers.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Strife posted:

Last September I finally bought a Challenger after having a Hyundai sedan for eight years.

I love it. I haven't done anything with it yet, but this summer is going to be a cold air intake and a Diablo Sport tune since that should be easy enough.

The factory intake is a cold air intake. If you are looking for induction noise, go for it. If you are looking for performance........spend your money elsewhere. Like on suspension and tires.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Motronic posted:

The factory intake is a cold air intake. If you are looking for induction noise, go for it. If you are looking for performance........spend your money elsewhere. Like on suspension and tires.

Y'know, despite having at least 5 MOPAR friends, nobody has told me that an aftermarket intake will not improve performance. Suspension it is.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Strife posted:

Y'know, despite having at least 5 MOPAR friends, nobody has told me that an aftermarket intake will not improve performance. Suspension it is.

Well, most people still think it will, is probably why. +1 vote for suspension, car's got plenty of thrust as is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Crustashio posted:

Is the packaging better without the supercharger/turbocharger in the way? The early non-S models can be had cheap these days and are supposed to be decent handlers.

I loved mine. Fun street car with the usual tune/catback/sc pulley.