Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Tzen posted:

Super late but,

I really view this move as her just getting a natural 'promotion'. I agree though, it's a decent choice for what has always been a patronage position. - Although I'm pretty sure she's taking a pay check in actuality.

Weeeeeellllllllll its more like giving her a safe place to retreat to, as she was the head 'local community representative' that agitated for the ongoing failure that is the Bertha tunnel, and she knew Murray's backroom history on it while he was getting state level funding for the project as an Oly wonk.

As Bertha continues to suck up mpney for little gain and few eventual benefits, she would get more pressure to defend her baby. Its better to give her an 'important job' to shield her, and her baby, from the press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

oxbrain posted:

Don't they usually fly into Boeing field?

I think they arrive at Paine field sometimes too, like when Obama came and visited the 787 line a few years ago.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Mrit posted:

You mean the 1 leaking tank(out of 177) that will take decades to reach underground water supplies? Yes, much worse than coal making GBS threads up the atmosphere with pollutants.

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/nwp/sections/tankwaste/closure/pages/tank_leak_FAQ.html

Guess what? All methods of energy production have drawbacks. You take the least evil.

The Hanford site has spilled millions of gallons of waste that's radioactive, incredibly toxic, and hard to handle from a chemical standpoint. The one latest leak (from tanks that were supposed to be completely drained!) is smaller than many in the past, but there's a reason why the whole Hanford reservation is fenced off, and it's not because it's a production facility any more. Given the choice between living next to a coal ash pile and Hanford, you're looking at even money at best. The Hanford waste problem is seriously bad.

This isn't a matter of choosing the "least evil" method of power production, because the Hanford site that's an issue was a bomb/fuel plant, not a power plant, and all of this was completely avoidable. The US during WWII and the Cold War just cared more about building nukes to fight the fascists/commies than they did about public safety. Later on, the contractors handling the cleanup cared more about chasing early-completion bonuses than they did about meeting standards. So far, that second one hasn't bit us yet, because the new designs are fundamentally safer. But, when a double-wall tank develops lots of leaks in its interior wall, which has already happened in one tank and looks like it could be an endemic problem, it's back to being one of the bad old single-wall setups.

There are a lot of object lessons here about nuclear power, though! Yes, it's an effective way to generate electricity. It's likely that it's the only way to maintain anything close to our current standards of consumption. But, "it's safe when it's done right" isn't necessarily a guarantee of safety, because you can't trust people operating on a motive other than safety to pay close attention to safety issues by themselves. And, it's not right to write off these issues as "necessary evils," because they're completely unnecessary. If you actually want nuclear power to be a viable option, you're better off supporting strong regulatory oversight, even when people like Bechtel scream that it's unnecessary and holding us back. If you try to tell people that welp, a few Hanfords are just the cost of doing business, they should and will tell you to gently caress off.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

gohuskies posted:

They never confirm anything about presidential travel, not even to the state and local department of transportation.

Good point.

oxbrain posted:

Don't they usually fly into Boeing field?

It depends. When he gave his speech in Everett and went to Oso, there were planes here at Paine Field. I think they just mix it up for safety reasons. During the former, I was on the flightline when Air Force One took off, that was pretty sweet.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

WPPSS != Manhattan Project.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

Solkanar512 posted:

It depends. When he gave his speech in Everett and went to Oso, there were planes here at Paine Field. I think they just mix it up for safety reasons. During the former, I was on the flightline when Air Force One took off, that was pretty sweet.

They should land the spare air force ones at every local field and send look-alikes via every route just to keep us guessing. Maybe throw in some preliminary shelling to ensure a safe trip.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Xylorjax posted:

WPPSS != Manhattan Project.

Hanford continued producing plutonium into the 1980s, including at the N reactor that was managed by DOE for nuclear fuel production and WPPSS for civilian electricity production (although, to be fair, it wasn't nearly as bad as the older reactors that let their core coolant sit for a couple of hours and then put it right back into the Columbia River). What you're probably thinking of is the dedicated power plant, the Columbia Generating Station.

The power plant has always had separate waste storage. It's the same method used at almost all other nuclear power plants in the US: let the fuel burn off all the really nasty short-half-life stuff underwater in a sealed pool, and then transfer it to longer-term but still theoretically temporary dry cask storage that will wait for Yucca Mountain or some other site to open up. It's nothing like the witches' brew of toxic and radioactive liquids from plutonium production.

Mrit was trying to paint the Hanford site as not all that bad, and as a necessary consequence of nuclear power. Neither is true. The Hanford plutonium production facility was and is a genuine disaster, and it was entirely preventable.

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010

Freakazoid_ posted:

While I was reading about the columbia river gorge, I noticed a landmark called horsethief butte :mmmhmm:

How many other buttes do we have in washington?

Have I got the geographic feature for you!

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009
The whole region has an interesting history

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Wikipedia posted:

Entrepreneuring females

How many fedoras was the person who wrote that wearing at the time.

BuckT.Trend
Apr 22, 2003

My god, it's full of stars!

RuanGacho posted:

Being that I've only heard of half a dozen even being approved in any area, and knowing what it takes for Cities and counties to update that data, google will be about 6 months behind the municipal data unless they happen to check it right after an update.

Generally speaking what happens is Permit is issued -> Building Permit approved -> <stuff happens> business has final address -> local government collects/updates data -> higher up government collects/shares/misrecords data -> yellow pages and others scrape data for free from public records and then sell it -> a ditch in the middle of no where is now listed as the location of adult entertainment category business Pima Medical Institute.

Street View

A little late, but Pima Medical Institute IS located there. It's in the portable building on the right side of the Street View. That's also where the King County animal shelter is located.

As for it being an adult-oriented business, I can't vouch for that. :)

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Space Gopher posted:

Hanford continued producing plutonium into the 1980s, including at the N reactor that was managed by DOE for nuclear fuel production and WPPSS for civilian electricity production (although, to be fair, it wasn't nearly as bad as the older reactors that let their core coolant sit for a couple of hours and then put it right back into the Columbia River). What you're probably thinking of is the dedicated power plant, the Columbia Generating Station.

The power plant has always had separate waste storage. It's the same method used at almost all other nuclear power plants in the US: let the fuel burn off all the really nasty short-half-life stuff underwater in a sealed pool, and then transfer it to longer-term but still theoretically temporary dry cask storage that will wait for Yucca Mountain or some other site to open up. It's nothing like the witches' brew of toxic and radioactive liquids from plutonium production.

Mrit was trying to paint the Hanford site as not all that bad, and as a necessary consequence of nuclear power. Neither is true. The Hanford plutonium production facility was and is a genuine disaster, and it was entirely preventable.

I was trying to(poorly) make the point that knee jerk hatred of nuclear power because of waste makes zero sense when coal/natural gas/everything else is far worse.
Could we be doing a better job at Hanford? Definitely yes. Is it really that bad compared to all the crap that goes into our water and air from other power sources? No.

I was essentially replying to this guy's post:

effectual posted:

No, it just poisons the Columbia river and the fish in it we eat.

Doubt the guy will win anyway, anyone that populist on the eastside has a snowballs chance in hell.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I was just pointing out that warm-water discharge does have an effect.

That said, I'm a mildly pro-nuclear Oregonian, so I'm a rare breed.

Have you seen the Gasland movies? We're pretty insulated from the effects of fracking up here, thank god, but seeing the aftermath shown in those films will change your stance on nuclear I imagine. poo poo, I reconsidered my feelings on oil compared to shale gas. Oil!

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Have you seen the Gasland movies? We're pretty insulated from the effects of fracking up here, thank god, but seeing the aftermath shown in those films will change your stance on nuclear I imagine. poo poo, I reconsidered my feelings on oil compared to shale gas. Oil!

I really ought to watch those. Been meaning to for years; thank you for the reminder.

Thinking about it this morning, I find myself steadily moving my support toward whatever methods cause the least harm in the face of totally inept regulators. Does solar kill people if nobody pays attention? I mean, I assume the materials mining does, but that seems to be true across the board.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Since we're on the topic, if people have questions about Nuclear stuff, I'm finishing my Master's in Nuclear Engineering in about a month and working on my PhD after that. I'll answer anything I can answer offhand and go dig through literature for stuff I don't know offhand.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Vavrek posted:

I really ought to watch those. Been meaning to for years; thank you for the reminder.

Thinking about it this morning, I find myself steadily moving my support toward whatever methods cause the least harm in the face of totally inept regulators. Does solar kill people if nobody pays attention? I mean, I assume the materials mining does, but that seems to be true across the board.

Solar power also doesn't work regularly in many parts of the country.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Also big solar installations need big batteries to save the power when the sun isn't out. Batteries are pretty horrible to manufacture and store. There really is no perfect energy source, but nuclear comes pretty darn close.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Nuclear has its own issues but we're working on it :shrug:

I'm really excited about Small Modular Reactors (SMRs), particularly the MASLWR design that NuScale's design is based off of. The primary loop (ie the water that goes through the core) is entirely driven by natural convection, and the whole pressure vessel that holds the core is in a second pressure vessel that's filled mostly with water, which itself sits in a giant pool of water. It's crazily hard to make them melt down (my master's thesis is an analysis of the design and it's amazing), current estimates are that they're like a thousand times safer per operating year than our current best designs, which are themselves an order of magnitude or two safer than the lovely old plants we're running right now.

To be fair, they only generate about a tenth as much power as current plants (hence small modular) but that still means that per kilowatt-hour generated they're a couple orders of magnitude safer than anything else.

Right, actually, if anyone has questions, PM me so I'm not derailing the thread horribly. I can talk Nuclear for hours and would derail the thread basically indefinitely.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

mod sassinator posted:

Also big solar installations need big batteries to save the power when the sun isn't out. Batteries are pretty horrible to manufacture and store. There really is no perfect energy source, but nuclear comes pretty darn close.

Part of modernizing our electric grid is changing the structure that is used by utilities to buy electricity from transmission lines. IIRC, bulk rate transmission is sold in hourly chunks. PacifiCorp is partnering with some other western utilities to reduce those chunks to 5-15 minutes. http://www.pacificorp.com/about/eim.html

Being able to shift the load around the transmission grid to where demand is in a more timely manner should reduce the amount of storage capacity required for renewables.

However, the best "battery" solutions I've seen a involved using the solar generated energy to pump water uphill from a turbine that runs when solar is not available. But I don't think it scales very well.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
For anyone who's wondering, it is literally not possible to replace our current fossil fuel generation with only renewables. We either build more nuclear plants (in addition to wind, solar, tidal, etc), or we keep some coal or oil plants around. There is no third option.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

mod sassinator posted:

Battery storage! Got it. I was looking for a fault of solar that had nothing to do with how well it functioned, or how the panels and the rest were manufactured, but just how much harm it could cause if an installation were cheaply built and poorly managed.

I'm a moderately strong supporter of nuclear, only dropping down to 'moderate' after I realized my particular ideas required a level of government intervention I didn't see happening in America, and after the Deepwater Horizon spill and subsequent revelations about the MMS made me wonder about the NRC.

fake edit: Magres has nobly decided to not derail this thread and I shall attempt to respect that.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Batteries are what the traditional car companies use convince crazy people to say electric cars are actually dirtier than using gas (they aren't and this has been proven multiple times). It's true that batteries have their problems but if you can feed a battery via renewables and the battery lasts a long time with good care then it's a far better option than combustion.

( I own a Leaf and answer alot of questions because we were very early adopters )

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

highme posted:

However, the best "battery" solutions I've seen a involved using the solar generated energy to pump water uphill from a turbine that runs when solar is not available. But I don't think it scales very well.

This is what Switzerland does and they're the seasonal-effects battery of europe (also as France's nuclear power is less effective if it is trying to use warmer summer water)

So I really don't know what scale you're asking of the power generation other than the issues with solar in general.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Might an A/T thread on energy be worth pursuing?

edit: v :geno:

Hedera Helix fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 23, 2014

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Hedera Helix posted:

Might an A/T thread on energy be worth pursuing?

Here you go!

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Tigntink posted:

Batteries are what the traditional car companies use convince crazy people to say electric cars are actually dirtier than using gas (they aren't and this has been proven multiple times). It's true that batteries have their problems but if you can feed a battery via renewables and the battery lasts a long time with good care then it's a far better option than combustion.

( I own a Leaf and answer alot of questions because we were very early adopters )

I would love a Leaf as a daily driver, but there is some smug stupidity that some owners (Prius drivers too) have that is :lol:. I've seen one plugged in outside of work with vanity plates that read "ZRO CO2" which is bullshit.

I've seen a few Priuses with vanity plates that are similar. The carbon footprint of a Prius is pretty substantial if you do a total life cycle assessment. Mining the battery components is a fucker. A Prius is great if you want to reduce your need for foreign or save money, but there are better options if you're driving one for the environment.

Gerund posted:

So I really don't know what scale you're asking of the power generation other than the issues with solar in general.

I don't know think that method would scale to the size needed to store the potential energy requirements of a mid sized US city, much less some place like LA or NYC.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

highme posted:

I don't know think that method would scale to the size needed to store the potential energy requirements of a mid sized US city, much less some place like LA or NYC.

Assuming a large enough mineshaft(s), hydroelectric storage is a capable load-balancing machine rather than a power generator itself. It would basically level out the peaks and valleys between AC and Televisions being on and off, and seasonal fluctuations of green energy, so that the energy requirements are a reachable standard target rather than a difficult-to-handle grid.

But assuming population growth means no energy generation or load balancing is enough, anyway.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
The Stranger reports that the architect of pot legalization in Washington wants to run against Kshama Sawant for city council.

While they don't say it, it's pretty clear where The Stranger thinks this is coming from:

quote:

"You don't effect change without a broad coalition," Holcomb told the Seattle Weekly of Sawant's work on the council, "and her rhetoric is all about 'you are a capitalist pig,' no matter what the size of your business." Of the $15 minimum wage debate, Holcomb told PubliCola she was "dismayed by the shrill tone, and by the oversimplified analysis." Her husband, who owns the bar Witness on Capitol Hill, felt business owners were "unfairly demonized" during the wage debate, she added.

And her seeming frustration with the $15 minimum wage? "I don't have any problems with the $15 minimum wage law," she says, "and haven't expressed any dissatisfaction with it." Her problem instead was with "the process" and "the conversation" around the wage hike, a conversation she calls "unnecessarily and unfortunately divisive, pitting progressives against progressives."
I'm not entirely sure I agree with the Stranger's take on her reasoning, but they are right about one thing: if Holcomb is actually looking to change things, she'd be much better off running against Sally Clark or Tim Rasmussen. But she'd probably have to fight a lot harder to win those races than she will to win the race against Sawant; as the "conservative" candidate, she's basically gonna have a blank check from the Downtown Seattle Association, and she's got the progressive cred to win over a lot of Sawant's base.

I'd absolutely back Sawant over her, but I'd totally back Holcomb over Rasmussen or Sally "The Weathervane" Clark.

And for the love of God, would somebody with a snowball's chance in hell please run against Jean Godden? It was bad enough when she was just on the city council, but now she's my city council rep, and that is untenable.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
The interests of our hundreds of business weren't given enough priority consideration over the demands of tens of thousands of voters. :cry:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Thanatosian posted:

The Stranger reports that the architect of pot legalization in Washington wants to run against Kshama Sawant for city council.

While they don't say it, it's pretty clear where The Stranger thinks this is coming from:

I'm not entirely sure I agree with the Stranger's take on her reasoning, but they are right about one thing: if Holcomb is actually looking to change things, she'd be much better off running against Sally Clark or Tim Rasmussen. But she'd probably have to fight a lot harder to win those races than she will to win the race against Sawant; as the "conservative" candidate, she's basically gonna have a blank check from the Downtown Seattle Association, and she's got the progressive cred to win over a lot of Sawant's base.

I'd absolutely back Sawant over her, but I'd totally back Holcomb over Rasmussen or Sally "The Weathervane" Clark.

And for the love of God, would somebody with a snowball's chance in hell please run against Jean Godden? It was bad enough when she was just on the city council, but now she's my city council rep, and that is untenable.

At least you are being represented at all. Literally no one on the city council lives in North Seattle and no one has stepped forward as possible candidates for my district. Which is crazy. I know a ton of people in North Seattle who are very active in local politics but no one wants to deal with city council bullshit, I guess. Count me as one of those people. Plus i'm only 26 and it would probably conflict with my current employment.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Tigntink posted:

At least you are being represented at all. Literally no one on the city council lives in North Seattle and no one has stepped forward as possible candidates for my district. Which is crazy. I know a ton of people in North Seattle who are very active in local politics but no one wants to deal with city council bullshit, I guess. Count me as one of those people. Plus i'm only 26 and it would probably conflict with my current employment.

Hey at least your council even lives in Seattle, in Victoria like half of council and staff live in other cities and just commute in. They can't even vote for them selves.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Baronjutter posted:

Hey at least your council even lives in Seattle, in Victoria like half of council and staff live in other cities and just commute in. They can't even vote for them selves.

Jesus christ what? I thought it was awful that police don't have to live in the area they serve but your council people don't even have residency?!

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

I invite anyone complaining about not being represented by the elected to wait until after the earthquake that will be the '15 post-charter amendment elections.

Also the pot architect is going to have to get WAY less high and figure out how he is going to run against specifically Sawant in a year when she hasn't declared which seat she is next running for.

Gerund fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 24, 2014

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Tigntink posted:

Jesus christ what? I thought it was awful that police don't have to live in the area they serve but your council people don't even have residency?!

Nope! Well a big part of it is that our suburbs aren't suburbs they're completely separate cities with little to no cooperation or coordination. "Greater Victoria" with a population close to 400k doesn't actually exist, it's a bunch of stupid inefficient little towns and cities. From any perspective they all function as a single city, it's not like when Toronto amalgamated a huge area of outlying cities that don't have much to do with Toronto. You drive more than a few km in any direction from downtown Victoria and you'll hit another city.

Anyways the big deal is that Victoria its self, as a city, it's just downtown, a few very rich residential areas to the south, and a sort of affordable (for the region) area to the north. Victoria only has the 2nd biggest population in the area, Saanich, to the north of Victoria, has about 120k. This isn't even a suburb, it ranges from fairly dense urban housing along its border with Victoria and becomes more suburban as it goes north. It's also big, like 8x the size of Victoria. If you own a house and aren't filthy rich, you probably end up living in Saanich. Because of this, and the "middle class" position that is a city politician, a lot of them live in Saanich.

On one side seems hosed people can represent and rule a city they can't even vote in. But on the other hand that distinction is insanely arbitrary and for all purposes Saanich is just a neighbourhood of Victoria and there's no reason for the border.

It's like if someone took Seattle and made Capitol Hill, Fremont, and Queen Anne their own cities apart from downtown seattle. Not municipalities, wholly independent cities with their own police, fire, mayor, council, and totally different bylaws and rules and a general refusal to coordinate or work together. At the same time any efforts to force them to amalgamate or work together and drowned out in cries about "local representation" and "I live in Capitol hill why should my taxes go towards police in first hill?!"

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Gerund posted:

I invite anyone complaining about not being represented by the elected to wait until after the earthquake that will be the '15 post-charter amendment elections.

Also the pot architect is going to have to get WAY less high and figure out how he is going to run against specifically Sawant in a year when she hasn't declared which seat she is next running for.
Per The Stranger, Sawant has already declared she's running in the third district. Holcomb (Alison Holcomb, a female) has ruled out running for either of the at-large seats. She's also an attorney with the ACLU, and managed to pull together a coalition for pot legalization that actually got poo poo done.

oxbrain posted:

The interests of our hundreds of business weren't given enough priority consideration over the demands of tens of thousands of voters. :cry:
Yeah, I'm so sick of this bullshit. Businesses get their way in Seattle pretty much every loving time, and the one time they don't due to incredibly massive grassroots support, all they can talk about is how they "don't object to the minimum wage, just the process..."

It's like when someone says "it's not about the money, it's the principle of the thing," what they actually mean is "it's about the money."

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Thanatosian posted:

Yeah, I'm so sick of this bullshit. Businesses get their way in Seattle pretty much every loving time, and the one time they don't due to incredibly massive grassroots support, all they can talk about is how they "don't object to the minimum wage, just the process..."

It's like when someone says "it's not about the money, it's the principle of the thing," what they actually mean is "it's about the money."
"The huge amount of people pressuring us to adopt this extremely popular thing undermines the process of democracy! :qq:"

I really hope more left candidates start running. There are plenty of other socialist groups besides Socialist Alternative, and the Greens could easily field a few. There's so many issues that are important to everyday people in Seattle that are never addressed by the political establishment, and that will continue to be ignored unless they get pressured to.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Uranium Phoenix posted:

"The huge amount of people pressuring us to adopt this extremely popular thing undermines the process of democracy! :qq:"

I really hope more left candidates start running. There are plenty of other socialist groups besides Socialist Alternative, and the Greens could easily field a few. There's so many issues that are important to everyday people in Seattle that are never addressed by the political establishment, and that will continue to be ignored unless they get pressured to.
Once Seattle falls to the Socialists, the grimdark cyberpunk dystopia can finally begin.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

anthonypants posted:

Once Seattle falls to the Socialists, the grimdark cyberpunk dystopia can finally begin.

Or maybe you can put an income tax in at least.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

anthonypants posted:

I'm looking forward to a Pike Place Market adorned with a dragon skull. Just gotta avoid the Redmond Barrens. I'm not in the mood to get geeked by some junkie.

Though I hear Bellevue Square has a pair of decent, if expensive, nightclubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

anthonypants posted:

Once Seattle falls to the Socialists, the grimdark cyberpunk dystopia can finally begin end.

It turns out that capitalists were imprisoning the sun all along.

• Locked thread