Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

You have no clue what Batman is do you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW0NTzt9uaE&t=3s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Eastbound Spider posted:

Hahaha, that face is amazing! :allears:

I legit love the face. It's a "Are you seriously just sitting there watching us get swarmed by killer robots?" face.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Two more.

And a composite from BSS.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Putting them together like that, at first I thought someone really hosed up on War Machine and the depth of field there in comparison to the big picture. Then I realized Scarlet Witch's power must be doing something to him.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
War Machine? He should be in there. If he isn't... :doom: You can also see a blue flash/blur in the background wrecking some Ultrons.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Everyone from Avengers 1 is shown, plus SW/Quicksilver, but no sign of Vision.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
So is this going to be the seventh MCU movie that ends with a poo poo ton of indistinguishable henchman attacking the heroes?

I know, superhero movie, but come on.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
So if Scarlet Witch's power is the ability to affect probability, she...... Increased the probability that robot's head would explode into two pieces....?

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

Officer Farva posted:

So is this going to be the seventh MCU movie that ends with a poo poo ton of indistinguishable henchman attacking the heroes?

I know, superhero movie, but come on.

Yeah, the avengers fighting an army of mechish drones is basically the end of the first one, even though I do like the look of the ultrons. Considering they're going to be a corrupted versions of Tonys AI and they've shown Hulkbuster concept art hopefully there's some variation, like a Hulkbuster ultron, which I guess would just be giant flying centipede part 2. Maybe the "main" Spader ultron will be able to do some dynamic things.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Slugworth posted:

So if Scarlet Witch's power is the ability to affect probability, she...... Increased the probability that robot's head would explode into two pieces....?

Like most characters with an interesting or unusual power, she also has the power of non specific laser beams so she can have generic fights. In this case I think they're called hex bolts or something.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Slugworth posted:

I don't know what the probability thing is about, but she's basically Zatanna without the stupid backwards talking gimmick.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Buddington posted:

Yeah, the avengers fighting an army of mechish drones is basically the end of the first one, even though I do like the look of the ultrons. Considering they're going to be a corrupted versions of Tonys AI and they've shown Hulkbuster concept art hopefully there's some variation, like a Hulkbuster ultron, which I guess would just be giant flying centipede part 2. Maybe the "main" Spader ultron will be able to do some dynamic things.

It's not just Avengers, though. Almost all of the movies have ended with the heroes fighting a group of namesless, faceless bad guys that are led by the main villain of the movie. I know there's a formula they usually follow, but it would be nice to see them change it up.

I kind of hope they have to fight the Hulk for some reason. Seeing all of them have to actually team up and take down a single enemy, instead of taking down waves of henchmen, would be pretty cool.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Officer Farva posted:

It's not just Avengers, though. Almost all of the movies have ended with the heroes fighting a group of namesless, faceless bad guys that are led by the main villain of the movie. I know there's a formula they usually follow, but it would be nice to see them change it up.

I kind of hope they have to fight the Hulk for some reason. Seeing all of them have to actually team up and take down a single enemy, instead of taking down waves of henchmen, would be pretty cool.

Marvel released concept art of Hulkbuster armor Iron Man fighting Hulk, so it'll happen too.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Officer Farva posted:

It's because they are a video game.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Yoshifan823 posted:

It's because they are a video game.
Boss battles are just as much a video game as are endless waves of identical mooks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Paul Rudd and Kirk Douglas?

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?
Just got back from a screening of GotG, and it was a ton of fun. Easily the weirdest, most humor-driven Marvel film yet, and let go of any reservations you have regarding Bradley Cooper as Rocket. One review called the film a combination of Chuck Jones and George Lucas, and that about sums it up. One of the best surprises for me was Michael Rooker's blue space-redneck version of Yondu. Wanna see more of that guy.

I loved both Cap 2 and GotG, but found them satisfactory in such completely different ways that it's a bit shocking to remember they take place in the same shared universe. In retrospect, it was a smart move to follow up the dark tone of Winter Soldier with something zany as GotG as a refresher. Guardians is the most summer of summer movies.

There weren't any stingers for the early screening, and the Marvel suits at my theater were VERY serious about the no recording device thing. No cell phones were allowed at all -- they searched my purse with a flashlight and everything.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Paul Rudd and Kirk Douglas?

Actually his son, Michael, but yeah. They were announced a good long while ago. Everyone was pretty surprised but hey even if they're not the most natural fits they're still very good actors. I'm very curious to see Douglas' Pym.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

The MSJ posted:

Two more.

And a composite from BSS.

I love that these are painted and would love for that final square to finish the sweetest Avengers poster ever :3

Dogeatdog
Jun 17, 2005
Do you think it chaps Micheal Douglas' rear end that he still gets mixed up for his father (who is to my surprise, still alive) after all these years?

I saw a interview of him with Leno where he was called Kirk by accident and he gave Leno such a icy stare.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Armani posted:

I love that these are painted and would love for that final square to finish the sweetest Avengers poster ever :3
Seeing how I can see Hulk's arm and Hawkeye's arrows, there is probably two more panels along with that missing spot

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dogeatdog posted:

Do you think it chaps Micheal Douglas' rear end that he still gets mixed up for his father (who is to my surprise, still alive) after all these years?
Kirk Douglas has been dead for years, it's just no-one remembered to tell him.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dogeatdog posted:

I saw a interview of him with Leno where he was called Kirk by accident and he gave Leno such a icy stare.

One the one hand, yeah, but on the other, his father was a fantastic and beloved actor. Depends on what their relationship was like.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

achillesforever6 posted:

Seeing how I can see Hulk's arm and Hawkeye's arrows, there is probably two more panels along with that missing spot

Yup.

Hinting at the missing panels to the left of Black Widow, you can also see Thor's hammer. And in the background is a blue streak that will probably stretch across Thor's panel to the far upper left, for Quicksilver.

I think those 8 will be all of them, though? Unless some SHIELD people are involved. Or Vision, I guess, but they'd probably want to keep that a secret.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here's Hawkeye

And Quicksilver

And who is that up top in the splendid yellow cape?

(Sorry if these are huge or whatever, I'm doing this from an iPad)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
hahaha loving love that Renner face

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I just don't like Quicksilver's costume, it looks like an Under Armor exercise shirt and I can't get it out of my head. Not a deal-breaker or anything and I GET that it's supposed to fit his "runs fast" character, but still.

I like the Ant-Man suit thus far, it's how I pictured it looking really sci-fi and I can't wait until the trailers where we get an idea of how they are proceeding thematically for this.

Also, Marvel's panel is tomorrow and I hope they attach some titles to those release dates they announced. I'm guessing they are all going to be Phase 3 because 2019's movie is the first weekend of May which has to be Avengers 3 because the other dates don't jive with a movie as humongous as Avengers.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Liar Lyre posted:

And who is that up top in the splendid yellow cape?

(Sorry if these are huge or whatever, I'm doing this from an iPad)

That's The Vision

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Joaquin Phoenix In Talks To Star In Doctor Strange.

Marvel Studios’ next potential franchise has a director and a writer, and now it the Doctor himself might be in. Oscar nominee Joaquin Phoenix is in talks to star in Doctor Strange, I’m hearing, negotiations that should put to an end all those Benedict Cumberbatch rumors blowing through the halls here at Comic-Con.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/joaquin-phoenix-doctor-strange-movie-lead-role-talks-marvel/

lomzus fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 25, 2014

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

CommanderApaul posted:

That's The Vision

gaeehehhehe hehehehhe (heavy breathing)

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

CommanderApaul posted:

That's The Vision

I know who it is, I was just trying to be coy. But this is a good way to tease him. Fans already know who it is and people who like the movies are gonna be asking questions and make some buzz.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
The Vision, a.k.a. that guy nobody knew when he was in the Avengers beat-em-up game from 20 years ago

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thought it was a sneaky Magneto. :3: YES I KNOW THEY DONT HAVE THE RIGHTS

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The Vision, a.k.a. that guy nobody knew when he was in the Avengers beat-em-up game from 20 years ago

MAGIC MAN

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 25, 2014

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vintersorg posted:

Thought it was a sneaky Magneto. :3: YES I KNOW THEY DONT HAVE THE RIGHTS

The way he's posed is more Magneto than Vision if that makes sense.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ok I've never read a Dr. Strange comic but Joaquin Phoenix as him sounds pretty awesome if that happens.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Quick one:

Add Thor and Hulk and I think that looks very good.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Also he was all white in that so his most recognizable appearance doesn't even match the game. That said, no one knew who Hawkeye or Black Widow were, and it's not like Iron Man or Thor had really broad recognition either so it's clear that doesn't matter very much.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

If anyone hasn't read about Vision, do it now. It's insane. He had kids!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ok I've never read a Dr. Strange comic but Joaquin Phoenix as him sounds pretty awesome if that happens.

I think there are better choices (Pedro Pascal), but I would definitely take Phoenix over Cumberbatch any day of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I really hope War Machine is like that throughout the entire movie. Just Scarlet Witch's little tiny pet black sidekick in robot armor.

Baby Don Cheadle. :3:

• Locked thread