Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Insert name here posted:

There's usually only like 3/4 enemies per mission that require it.
I got a lucky missile on TGT_LEADs once or twice but they pretty much have infinite flares, even if they couldn't evade like crazy. Guessing it's not worth the time to try to take them out because apparently some of them are just scripted anyway?

Also that means I learned you can never run out of regular missiles, you just regenerate the 2 so you can fire. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Quest For Glory II posted:

What the heck, old-rear end Sierra game Gold Rush is coming to Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/308000/?snr=1_4_4__105

Wake me up when they HD remaster Freddy Pharkus.

Also related; are Telltale still making a new Kings Quest game?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They're not, no. They're working on Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands right now. I have not heard great things about the Borderlands one.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sober posted:

I got a lucky missile on TGT_LEADs once or twice but they pretty much have infinite flares, even if they couldn't evade like crazy. Guessing it's not worth the time to try to take them out because apparently some of them are just scripted anyway?

Also that means I learned you can never run out of regular missiles, you just regenerate the 2 so you can fire. :effort:

Considering you get like 150 of those things you must have been really dedicated to not using DFM :v:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

They're not, no. They're working on Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands right now. I have not heard great things about the Borderlands one.

There's nothing TO hear about it, it's so early in development. At this point anything you'd hear is super basic plot and rumor.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

What the heck, old-rear end Sierra game Gold Rush is coming to Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/308000/?snr=1_4_4__105
Also, a remake.

Wikipedia posted:

The German game developer Sunlight Games secured the rights and announced a re-release of the original version on July 25, 2014.

A remake is also in development and is planned for late 2014/early 2015.

edit. Haha, not the most impressive catalogue.
http://www.sunlight-games.com/en/?nav=games

Kennel fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 25, 2014

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

RickVoid posted:

So this isn't an Origin thread, but we were talking about it soooo:

Is there anyway to merge two Origin accounts? I made the mistake of creating a new account before I remembered that I had made one for Mass Effect 3. Ideas?
Contact support. Origin has a procedure for merging accounts. There are a few games that can't be moved across accounts, but not that many. Support will give you a list when you go to merge, so don't worry about it. Just make sure you have the passwords and security answers for both accounts handy.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

Considering you get like 150 of those things you must have been really dedicated to not using DFM :v:
AC:AH is literally the second jet fighter game I have played but from what I can tell DFM really seems like a really shoehorned in mechanic versus just flying around and firing missiles at things. Hell, I even switched to the original controls for the pad so I can pitch/yaw/roll all independently. Say what you want about HAWX but it didn't force all their dumb crap on you if you didn't want to. At most in HAWX I occasionally used that augmented reality thing to set up attack angles at things like tanks wedged between 80 skyscrapers that would be hard as hell to maneuver inbetween.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kennel posted:

edit. Haha, not the most impressive catalogue.
http://www.sunlight-games.com/en/?nav=games

Oh god, Mow Town Riding, necks do not bend that way. :gonk:

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Captain Swing posted:

Hey, Threep! Remember when I said I wouldn't make a gif? I lied.

This looks familiar...anyone know what movie this is?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Seventh Arrow posted:

This looks familiar...anyone know what movie this is?
Virtuosity; where Russell Crowe plays a VR killer who's an amalgamation of a bunch of different serial killers and Denzel Washington is the only crazed, loose cannon cop good enough to bring him to cyber justice.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sober posted:

AC:AH is literally the second jet fighter game I have played but from what I can tell DFM really seems like a really shoehorned in mechanic versus just flying around and firing missiles at things. Hell, I even switched to the original controls for the pad so I can pitch/yaw/roll all independently. Say what you want about HAWX but it didn't force all their dumb crap on you if you didn't want to. At most in HAWX I occasionally used that augmented reality thing to set up attack angles at things like tanks wedged between 80 skyscrapers that would be hard as hell to maneuver inbetween.

You most definitely needed to use OFF or the AR thing in HAWX for more than that though, some jets just turn and move too quickly to get a shot on otherwise just like in ACAH, or maybe I was really bad at it. I don't remember much from HAWX 2 besides hating it but do I seem to remember it getting even worse and some enemies just dumped infinite flares every few seconds and moving really fast, forcing your to use your guns while in OFF and OFF mode removes the gun reticule unless you're really, really close to an enemy plane while firing your gun.

And I forgot that ACAH's default controls are the Baby's First Jet version. God that was dumb. Anyone who's playing ACAH should change the control scheme before doing anything.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Colonel posted:

The Sims 2 with all expansions is pretty drat fun but it seriously jacks up loading times even on modern computers.

Christ, you weren't kidding.
Took me back to when I first played Battlefield 2 all those years ago.

Going to be hard to get myself to play Sims 2 if there's no way to shorten the load times.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

You most definitely needed to use OFF or the AR thing in HAWX for more than that though, some jets just turn and move too quickly to get a shot on otherwise just like in ACAH, or maybe I was really bad at it. I don't remember much from HAWX 2 besides hating it but do I seem to remember it getting even worse and some enemies just dumped infinite flares every few seconds and moving really fast, forcing your to use your guns while in OFF and OFF mode removes the gun reticule unless you're really, really close to an enemy plane while firing your gun.

And I forgot that ACAH's default controls are the Baby's First Jet version. God that was dumb. Anyone who's playing ACAH should change the control scheme before doing anything.
Honestly in HAWX AR was just a guide and even then in earnest I would try to do a few runs against super sandwiched ground targets before using AR, just to see if I was going at it correctly. But more often than not it just requires you coming in at really awkward angles I guess I was not used to at all but maybe made sense for people who grew up on stuff like this (yes, even if HAWX is technically arcadey as gently caress). OFF I didn't feel like was that useful except if you got caught with someone behind you and I was lazy, then I could use that to loop-de-loop or fly up into a stall, recover, then turned it off (or back to ON) and continue. I probably didn't even use it more than once a mission after most of the way through the game as it felt really weird to use. I played HAWX on normal and never found any superhuman cheating AI jets or anything. Also I haven't played HAWX2, but I assumed it was more of the same which is why I bought it at the time despite the reviews saying it was poo poo.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Deakul posted:

Christ, you weren't kidding.
Going to be hard to get myself to play Sims 2 if there's no way to shorten the load times.

COnsider yourself one of the lucky many.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Xseed Games presents a description of the many, many brick walls they had to headbutt through in order to bring an old Japanese PC game up to modern standards.

Also confirmation that they intend to patch in hi-res assets from the PS3 version after launch. :toot:

^ Wasn't Sims 2 the one that demanded that the expansion packs had to be installed separately and in release order? At least now it's just one download & install.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

As someone who wants to get into Ace Combat, I'm not even bothering with AH and just getting Infinity on PS3, since Namco pretty much realized their mistakes with AH. The dogfight mode, helicopters and the fact that it isn't in Strangereal turned me off of AH.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Trustworthy posted:

For anyone who was going to try out Velvet Sundown, they disabled text-to-speech (presumably due to server overload) which makes the game waaaaay less weird and awesome. I recommend giving it a pass until they fix this.

Literally the worst thing to happen to me today.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Jesus Christ, I have 2 houers in Gods Will be Watching and I cant get past the second stage. This is either a very good game or a very bad game, i don't know which.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there an Infinity thread and is infinity like that good ole' Ace Combat. 4, Belkan, Unsung, were extremely my poo poo and shooting falling space stations will never not be amazing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

ManOfTheYear posted:

Jesus Christ, I have 2 houers in Gods Will be Watching and I cant get past the second stage. This is either a very good game or a very bad game, i don't know which.

Its :siren: dark moral dilemma :siren: thing would be much better suited to something that wasn't a game with sudden failure states. Repetition really kills drama.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Acquire Currency! posted:

Is there an Infinity thread and is infinity like that good ole' Ace Combat. 4, Belkan, Unsung, were extremely my poo poo and shooting falling space stations will never not be amazing.

Right here. I understand it's a mix of new scenarios and classics from the previous games.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Sober posted:

Gods Will Be Watching is super hard as gently caress and it's great.

Eh, I'm not that impressed with it. The lack of mid-chapter saves makes it too hard, even on Easy. And why do I have to go two dialog trees deep to get some stats that would be better suited being shown over the characters' heads?

It's also hard to figure out exactly what affects the characters some times. In Chapter 4 on Easy (Which is the same location the tech demo released before the game) I had to do two pep talks in the first few days to keep up morale since even giving people the best food made their morale go down, but then suddenly it didn't matter anymore, and as long as I kept the steady flow of cooked meat going, morale stayed high.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zombie Samurai posted:

Right here. I understand it's a mix of new scenarios and classics from the previous games.

F2P? Whoa, but the campaign is free to play sooo.
Oh man there's a loving tunnel run mission and a shoot down the huge fuckin' flying monstrosities, yes!

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Ubisoft is now attempting to win the "stupidest advertising campaign" contest by sending somebody to Mt. Everest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsOg6HgDHiQ

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lance Streetman posted:

Ubisoft is now attempting to win the "stupidest advertising campaign" contest by sending somebody to Mt. Everest.

:lol: Hiring Sherpas to tote a full sack of Mountain Dew.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lance Streetman posted:

Just gonna go ahead and post this on the Everest thread, where everyone roots for climbers to die in the dumbest ways possible. This will make for one of the weirder dead body/route markers on Mt. Everest. "When you pass the frozen guy playing video games, you're 60% to the summit".

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Acquire Currency! posted:

:lol: Hiring Sherpas to tote a full sack of Mountain Dew.

The fun thing is the Dew could KILL you on the mountain. Pop is horribly for hydration.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mokinokaro posted:

The fun thing is the Dew could KILL you on the mountain. Pop is horribly for hydration.

Gonna drag my tower to the top. Liquid cooled? Try Everest cooled, pleb.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I want to see the fattest, gooniest neckbeard win this. It would be hilarious.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Accordion Man posted:

I want to see the fattest, gooniest neckbeard win this. It would be hilarious.

It's a video submission, so they can judge accordingly. But that whole things sounds loving stupid. Ubi :shepface:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Doesn't getting an everest permit require some sort of questionnaire to the person attempting the summit?

"What are your previous high altitude qualifications?"

"I was standing up when I typed my email address into this box and won."

edit: oh, it's a video submission contest

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 25, 2014

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I want to see this actually kill people and Ubisoft to desperately try to not act like they're profiting off someone's life.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Drifter posted:

It's a video submission, so they can judge accordingly. But that whole things sounds loving stupid. Ubi :shepface:
UbiSoft has to be the most erractic publisher out there. The AAA wing just can't stop making utter fools of themselves but man their recent budget titles are just so good.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Crabtree posted:

I want to see this actually kill people and Ubisoft to desperately try to not act like they're profiting off someone's life.

I think they're just trying to make it sound like more than it is, you'd be "accompanying" a "team of experts" to go "play farcry 4 on everest" on a "one-of-a-kind gaming device built to withstand the harsh conditions of the himalayas"

so basically a laptop and they probably helicopter you in and you plop your fatbutt down for 10 minutes then get a team of medical professionals to deliver oxygen and doritos to your gullet STAT while you're medivaced to the nearest burger king

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 25, 2014

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Crabtree posted:

I very much doubt they'll take the winner high enough to be in that much danger. The contest is to play "on Everest", not "at the peak of Everest."

This contest is still dumb as poo poo, though.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Just gonna go ahead and post this on the Everest thread, where everyone roots for climbers to die in the dumbest ways possible. This will make for one of the weirder dead body/route markers on Mt. Everest. "When you pass the frozen guy playing video games, you're 60% to the summit".
60% for a gamer? Seems awfully generous.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sober posted:

60% for a gamer? Seems awfully generous.

60% of the way to basecamp.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Lance Streetman posted:

This is retarded but honestly I'd make a tool of myself playing a video game on Everest if I got a free trip to the Himalayas to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So is Valve going to let us disable this loving moronic linkfilter bullshit they added? It was annoying enough having to click a button everytime I wanted to click on something I was linked but now half the time their linkfilter fucks up and it gives me a service error. I don't know how Valve gets away with bogging down the steam experience so much.
Tampermonkey or equivalent for your browser:
code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name       Steam Link Filter Bypass
// @namespace  https://www.metalmetalland.com
// @version    1.0
// @description  Automatically moves past the Steam Community link filter...
// @match      https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=*
// @match      http://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=*
// @copyright  2014+, ebol4
// ==/UserScript==

var url = window.location.href;
var urlToGoTo = url.substring(url.indexOf("?url="+6));
window.location = urlToGoTo;
If it werent for that, I'd get even more annoyed.

• Locked thread