Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So what's a good way to download Black? BunnyHat raws I presume are the best quality out, but they have no subs, correct? Is there a way to watch Black in BunnyHat quality with subs?
I probably should ask this in the morning when I can do some research of my own, but I suspect the outcome would still be such a post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm all for better quality stuff, but is there a set of Black scripts somewhere?

Edit: Well, that's what I get for not refreshing, I guess?

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Gavan would need good scans first. The DVDs use old analog tape masters.

Script files for Black are here Doesn't include the movies, though

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I got the bunny hat Black raws but I have the newer subs that recently came out. I have to manually pick the sub's every time for every episode. Is there anyway to streamline this? I'm on MPC or whatever its called.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Either put the scripts in the same folder as the raws, and rename them to matcht he raws, which will make them load when you open the video. Or you can play the video, and then drag the script icon into MPC.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

FortMax posted:

Gavan would need good scans first. The DVDs use old analog tape masters.

Script files for Black are here Doesn't include the movies, though

Thanks!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
New Low Vis? Woohoo, and I'll probably just say screw spoiling myself too since Dynaman, as far as I know, is pretty far down on the list of series that are most likely to be subbed.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

FortMax posted:

Either put the scripts in the same folder as the raws, and rename them to matcht he raws, which will make them load when you open the video. Or you can play the video, and then drag the script icon into MPC.

You should probably do the first though, as that will trigger the VSFilter autoloader, whereas the latter will use MPC's internal renderer, which is buggy. I don't know if it matters much for these subs, as they're pretty bare-bones, but it's dangerous to rely on.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok perfect, thanks. Much better.

RBX fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 25, 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

Is it the 13 GB torrent? I'd assume so, but I have bandwith to worry about.

EDIT: I just checked the OP. Huh-did no one grab my Changeman torrent to put up on KRDL a few months back?

It's a bunch of episodes by three different groups with stuff still missing, are you surprised?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Literally The Worst posted:

It's a bunch of episodes by three different groups with stuff still missing, are you surprised?

Three? Could have sworn it was just Deadfish and TVnihon. And I think only one episode is missing? One or two

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

GUIS seems to be starting Changeman anyway.

EDIT: I'll also be seeding Bunny Hat's Black raws for a bit, so if you want them grab them.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Shout!Factory has picked up Zyuranger.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Say what now? Was this on anyone's radar before the announcement?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Everyone go get GUIS's subs quick! Just in case Shout Factory's aren't good.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

jivjov posted:

Too late. We've already killed the links.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FortMax posted:

Too late. We've already killed the links.

Fair enough

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

jivjov posted:

This is a pretty dick move.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Magiranger next please!

But this is a earthshattering announcement out of nowhere, isn't it?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

HKR posted:

This is a pretty dick move.

Oh don't worry, I'm buying Shout!Factory's stuff the moment its available...I'm just not at all familiar with their work, and if there's a 4kids Jelly Donut style "localization" going on, I'd like to have a fansub backup.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Haven't seen anybody link this: scrubs of Gransazer 1-12. This is another show destroyed by the way fansub encoding worked in its day, so even if there are honest to god translation errors faithfully transcribed, this is a leap forward.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AzraelNewtype posted:

Haven't seen anybody link this: scrubs of Gransazer 1-12. This is another show destroyed by the way fansub encoding worked in its day, so even if there are honest to god translation errors faithfully transcribed, this is a leap forward.

Some one, SOME WHERE, linked it here because it reminded me how much I love Gransazer.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
What's the opinion on finding a good source for Kuuga and Agito? Is it TVN, or is there something else out there?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
TVN actually hasn't finished either of them.

For Kuuga you want this and these (for the moment; there is much better video available if you want to play piecemeal, but the subs don't actually time well to either, those v2s of 1-5 are fixed and against the new video).

For Agito you want this, because GomenRider is stupid and lazy and slow and hasn't released the updated versions yet for most of the episodes.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I'm really liking GranSazer so far, but holy poo poo do they love them some green screen.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

AzraelNewtype posted:

For Kuuga you want this and these (for the moment; there is much better video available if you want to play piecemeal, but the subs don't actually time well to either, those v2s of 1-5 are fixed and against the new video).

For Agito you want this, because GomenRider is stupid and lazy and slow and hasn't released the updated versions yet for most of the episodes.

Thanks. I'm thinking of doing an LP of Battride 2 before the year's end and need to go through the Heisei riders at least.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

Dante Logos posted:

Thanks. I'm thinking of doing an LP of Battride 2 before the year's end and need to go through the Heisei riders at least.

Is there any information on actually how to play this game? My copy just arrived and neither Gamefaqs nor Google are really helping me understand the basics of what to do, I seem to spend most of the time accidentally spamming form changes on Double and driving my bike out of control into walls.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Today's Episode of GranSazer is brought to you by jorts!

Definitely love this so far though.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I'd been going through the TVN version of Gransazer. Something that I never managed to fix was the aspect ratio. Not matter which option in MPC I pick, it always looks distorted.

I put up with it so far as it's an entertaining show, and now I'm a to episode 37, but with this new release I'll probably wait until they catch up.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

toomanyninjas posted:

Say what now? Was this on anyone's radar before the announcement?

Saban's probably started this so he can actually profit from the pre-Zyuranger series(and Dairanger, Kakuranger, and Gobusters), and obviously they're starting with Zyuranger since they can sell it based on the MMPR connection, so let's hope this does well so maybe we can get more Toku stuff released in the states

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AzraelNewtype posted:

That GomenRider guy is garbage and I hate him.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Speaking of batch downloads, is there a batch somewhere for Amazon? HnT closed their forums off to non registered people. I know it's on KRDL but I don't really like direct downloads and prefer torrents.

Flora
Mar 20, 2007
I love Nam Taf!
So has anybody picked up the Kikaider reboot yet?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Flora posted:

So has anybody picked up the Kikaider reboot yet?

The BD release date isn't even announced yet, much less actually out, so no.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
After visiting the hometown of the guy who made the series and seeing all the Kamen Rider statues, I decided to start watching them from the beginning of Heisei. I'm almost done with Kuuga and I don't really know what my expectations were going into it, but holy crap this series has a lot of death. Every single episode the kill count is near 100, and in some episodes it even goes over that. And then Tokyo just kind of sits there trying to internally develop their own new weapons and stuff. Wouldn't they normally reach out to other countries like maybe America and say 'Hey guys we know you love big guns and stuff so could you maybe lend us some cutting-edge shooting technology so we can take out these monsters that have literally killed over 1,000 Tokyo citizens?'

That said I really enjoyed this series and I hope I have a similar experience with the rest of Heisei, though judging from the openings of the Neo Heisei shows they start to get a little more campy later on? I don't know, I mean I guess not everyone can enjoy constant grimdark stories, but I thought Kuuga was a perfect balance of really gritty, grim, high-deathcount mystery action and the happy-go-lucky Godai who never seems overly emo about anything that happens.

Also I can't wait for Super Hero Generation or whatever that new Gundam/Kamen Rider/Ultraman tactics game that's coming out is called. Now I'll actually know who some of the characters are.

Edit: Thought if I had to pick one thing I really didn't like about Kuuga it's the B plots. You've got a really interesting murder mystery plus the whole mysterious reason behind the appearance of the bad guys and their actions, plus Godai coming to grips with his own power. Do you really need to have a bunch of subplots about kindergarteners getting in a fight or kids running away from home and stuff? It's hard not to just skip over that stuff and just watch the A plot, and most of the time I do just that.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 28, 2014

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I tried that and gave up after Ryuki, its a really daunting task and I wish you luck.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Anyone able to seed Bunny Hat's Magiranger raws?

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
:filez:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
My desire to finish Kamen Rider OOOs is complete. SUBARASHII!

A couple thoughts on my way out from the show:
*Kougami remained 100% amazing the entire way through. I want to go back through the series and make a supercut of him shouting things. (I assumed this would be a thing that already exists, but Google turns up squat. What the heck)
*Eiji was pretty boring, but the supporting cast was fantastic.
*Birth was a good secondary rider, and I liked that they doubled it up towards the end. Date and Gotou are great together.
*I really liked the Greed tapestries/drapery that kept showing up. It was a neat visual touch.
*The mini-themes for Core Medal combinations were tons of fun. (SaGouZo. SAGOUZO!)
*The broader narrative was fairly dull and barely manages to carry the action forward, but the show has enough good things going for it that it's not a fatal flaw.
*Overall, it was a fun time, and I enjoyed watching it.

Time to finish Fourze! (Which I started a ways back and never got around to finishing despite being really fun)

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The new ChromaSquad beta actually has gameplay. There's a lot of bugs still there, including one where if you leave it idle to answer a phone or whatever, the whole thing resets. Still, you can form a team and do missions and see how the game plays. It's pretty neat.

• Locked thread