Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Ambrose Burnside posted:

also some occupies were clowntown co-opted nonsense while others actually did good and useful things like feed the community and do proactive outreach stuff n establish communal libraries n the like

Those are generally useful and admirable things but not really all that valuable when trying to hammer through political change through organized dissent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hovis rock
Mar 2, 2005
hay guyz MLK suffered no danger also california is arctic:downs:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

natetimm posted:

Those are generally useful and admirable things but not really all that valuable when trying to hammer through political change through organized dissent.

There's something to be said for buying good will outside of the demographically limited reach OWS initially had.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

hovis rock posted:

What is this thing you're doing here? I don't understand it. Is it some form of autism?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

hovis rock posted:

grats, i have literally never seen someone miss a point this hard

hovis rock
Mar 2, 2005

Majorian posted:

What is this thing you're doing here? I don't understand it. Is it some form of autism?

its called a smily and down syndrome isnt autism.

drat kid, please stop embarassing yourself.

hovis rock
Mar 2, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

grats, i have literally never seen someone miss a point this hard

and the point is?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

hemophilia posted:

There's something to be said for buying good will outside of the demographically limited reach OWS initially had.

Of all the people to cultivate for political change, the mentally ill and addicted aren't the ones. OWS had to (and did for a moment) catch the attention of white middle class America but failed to make their case because they were too far up their own rear end. They were the living embodiment of raising awareness as its own end.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Oh, oh, OH! It's blueboi! How did I not see it in the first place?

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Majorian posted:

check his postcount

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
thats not cute hyperbole btw, this is a new low for discourse

hovis rock
Mar 2, 2005

Majorian posted:

Oh, oh, OH! It's blueboi! How did I not see it in the first place?

Ironyception indeed
:smug:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Well you were just trolling after all, right?

edit:

blueboi posted:

YOU ARE THE BIGGEST loving GROUP OF UTTER. loving. IDIOTIC. poo poo EATING. CIRCLEJERK. FAGGOTS. EVER. TO. WALK. THE. EARTH. NOTHING YOU SAY TO ME CAN HURT ME AT ALL! YOU ARE NOT INTELLIGENT, EDGY OR COOL, YOU ARE JUST A PATHETIC loving PIECES OF poo poo WHO LIKE TO BELLITLE OTHERS OVER THE INTERNET TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES. gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I. AM. DONE. TRYING. TO. ADD. CONTENT. HERE. THE ONLY POSTS I loving MAKE WILL BE TO FLAME YOU FAGGOTS AND TO TELL YOU HOW loving STUPID YOU ARE! THERE IS NO BANISHMENT ANY MORE BECAUSE YOU SHITHEELS HARASSED LOWTAX, THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO, I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

Now, take me through your method, blueboi. How did you manage to evoke such rage at your supposed internet tormentors while you were pretending to be angry while trolling?

Majorian fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 25, 2014

hovis rock
Mar 2, 2005

Majorian posted:

Well you were just trolling after all, right?

edit:

Now, take me through your method, blueboi. How did you manage to evoke such rage at your supposed internet tormentors while you were pretending to be angry while trolling?

Its actually quite sad your calling me a troll in place of a descent argument .

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
Ok, but I still don't understand why we're supposed to give a gently caress about what this Google dude types. It's like walking into a mental hospital and getting riled up over the poo poo a lunatic comes out with or really taking to heart some bullshit your toddler says. It's just noise from an obvious loon.

All I know is King Alfred would be so proud.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

hovis rock i love your work here but i would like to continue to make fun of loony-tunney

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

natetimm posted:

Of all the people to cultivate for political change, the mentally ill and addicted aren't the ones. OWS had to (and did for a moment) catch the attention of white middle class America but failed to make their case because they were too far up their own rear end. They were the living embodiment of raising awareness as its own end.

It's not smart to be choosy about your allies, but yes allowing people like Justine to lead your movement is stupid poo poo, but as you say OWS' failing was their failure to do anything remotely sympathetic or evocative while in the spotlight and they paid for it, at that point people like Justine aren't necessarily the problem.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Kirk Johnson posted:

Ok, but I still don't understand why we're supposed to give a gently caress about what this Google dude types. It's like walking into a mental hospital and getting riled up over the poo poo a lunatic comes out with or really taking to heart some bullshit your toddler says. It's just noise from an obvious loon.

I think part of the reason why is because there's a really ugly subset of "yuppie techie culture," such as it is, that is getting a lot of media exposure lately. See the whole Glasshole foofaraw.

Tripalium
Mar 20, 2009

coin coin connard
https://github.com/jart?tab=repositories

not exactly cyber reich material

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

The Droid posted:

The faux-old-timey english bullshit really grinds my gears
cant wait for her to start using the royal we

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Kirk Johnson posted:

It's really funny

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
at least she didn't write urbit

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Majorian posted:

I think part of the reason why is because there's a really ugly subset of "yuppie techie culture," such as it is, that is getting a lot of media exposure lately. See the whole Glasshole foofaraw.
http://qz.com/225782/the-next-thing-silicon-valley-needs-to-disrupt-big-time-its-own-culture/

quote:

PayPal once rejected a candidate who aced all the engineering tests because for fun, the guy said that he liked to play hoops. That single sentence lost him the job.”

quote:

Don’t overdress, but don’t underdress. You should mirror as precisely as possible our socioeconomic level, social cues, and idiom. Remember unlucky Mr. Hoops. But no pressure, you know? Laidback.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Kirk Johnson posted:

because the press was all over her and her posse three years ago?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gazpacho posted:

I binge watched "The Borgias" recently, and Jeremy Irons uses the royal "we" since he's Pope. So now whenever I read it I imagine it in his voice.

So I would be okay with Justine doing this.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

its like american psycho only they're also nerds

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Gazpacho posted:

her blog replaces "S" with "F"

https://justinetunney.com/welfare.html

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Oh my God, she's like a Tea Partier, except she knows how to use a computer.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I want to see Justine tuneys boobies

no don't

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Majorian posted:

Oh my God, she's like a Tea Partier, except she knows how to use a computer.

Tripalium
Mar 20, 2009

coin coin connard
when you're too physically, politically and mentally unfit to be even accepted by fringe political groups, please immediately spawn your own RPG-themed nerd club version of them

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Dear Salon Dot Duck: that's Stephen Colbert's intellectual property. If you fetishize private property so much you should let him sue you into destitution out of principle.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Kirk Johnson posted:

Giggling at crazy people is kinda what we do here.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Majorian posted:

For anyone naive enough to believe passing PR about locations in the US, please understand that this "tech yuppie culture" is not something a bay area resident, even one who works in the tech sector, necessarily comes into contact on a regular basis. it is a few nouveau riche folks projecting a hologram of what they want people to think the bay is so they will move there

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Gazpacho posted:

For anyone naive enough to believe passing PR about locations in the US, please understand that this "tech yuppie culture" is not something a bay area resident, even one who works in the tech sector, necessarily comes into contact on a regular basis. it is a few nouveau riche folks projecting a hologram of what they want people to think the bay is so they will move there

that's what makes it so lovely/hilarious

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Maoist Pussy posted:

Giggling at crazy people is kinda what we do here.

post else where ---> http://www.reddit.com/

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gazpacho posted:

For anyone naive enough to believe passing PR about locations in the US, please understand that this "tech yuppie culture" is not something a bay area resident, even one who works in the tech sector, necessarily comes into contact on a regular basis. it is a few nouveau riche folks projecting a hologram of what the want people to think the bay is so they will move there

Indeed - I'm a Bay Area native and it's pretty easy to not run into a yuppie techie or whatever. But they are pretty loving galling when you do.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

is it this type of hologram?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YOEEpWAXgU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Gazpacho posted:

No. Computer people really are this terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
My gay trans techie nazi fanfic

• Locked thread