Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.

MrAptronym posted:

"Why does my wine have nasty mushy grapes in it?"

Do people actually put ice in wine? Genuinely curious.

My grandma does, then again she's 93 so she gets to do about anything she wants with her booze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

MrAptronym posted:

"Why does my wine have nasty mushy grapes in it?"

Do people actually put ice in wine? Genuinely curious.

Boozehack: Mix equal parts red wine and Coca Cola for a cheap n easy Sangria!

(No serious, I just saw this somewhere recently. This is a thing people do.)

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Karma Monkey posted:

You can make sangria in the toilet.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
'Corse it's shank or be shanked.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Karma Monkey posted:

Add a hefty dose of lime juice, and you have kalimoxto, which is absolutely delicious. It's better in about 2/5ths to 3/5ths ratio coke:wine I think, though.

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.

DemeaninDemon posted:

You can make sangria in the toilet turlet.

Seriously though, Coca-cola and wine? On what planet does that remotely taste like sangria?

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

TheHomerTax posted:

Seriously though, Coca-cola and wine? On what planet does that remotely taste like sangria?

Mississippi?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I overheard this years ago from some teenage boys, and I guess its kind of a lifehack, if you consider getting smokes under aged a lifehack.

"Wait outside a store until someone comes out and is opening up a fresh pack, and then ask for one. He's got a whole new pack, so he has no right to refuse".

I bet the people with the magazines and baskets are all really, really old.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

TheHomerTax posted:

My only guess is that people who claim this have either 1) never had sangria or 2) had incredibly bad sangria. Then again, I've had good sangria and I've had bad sangria, and yes, I admit it, I tried the coke and vino thing, and while it's not half bad, it's in no way like good or bad sangria, so I dunno.

I'm just blown away that this actually has a proper name and everything. I guess the REAL Lifehack is any alcohol + any cola = someone's fave beverage.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010

Karma Monkey posted:

WTF, they don't have pencils in Romford? Over here, we have writing utensils that have built-in erasers on one end. Very high tech, and you don't have to abrade the newspaper with manicure products. :patriot:

During one of the hotspots of the County War, magazines began publishing puzzles. Nobody knew a good solution for creating a pen that could be used on them. The people of Romford spent a decade and 12 million pounds developing a special "puzzle pen" whose letters could be scratched off with a nail buffer.

The people of Shropshire used a pencil.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Karma Monkey posted:

Coke + Red Wine is actually a drink called the BAMBOO and can gently caress up your liver nicely.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I drank it a lot when on archaeological digs in Mediterranean Europe it makes the cheapest wine go much further and taste nicer. Especially if you've got one of those six litre plastic bottles of 'table wine'

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

TheHomerTax posted:

None, but it does make a nice Kalimotxo (as pointed out), even without the added lime juice. It all depends on what kind of coke and what kind of red wine you're using, though.
I prefer mine with classic coke with real sugar in it, and a good Amarone or Rioja.

I do prefer them not blended at all, though, but hey, when in Rome (or Norway) et cetera.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Mister Blueberry posted:

Coke + Red Wine is actually a drink called the BAMBOO and can gently caress up your liver nicely.

How would coke and red wine gently caress up your liver any worse than just wine?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Mister Blueberry posted:

I always heard it was called Jesus Juice. There are much better ways to get drunk, though.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

How would coke and red wine gently caress up your liver any worse than just wine?

Mixing alcohol with some sugary soda means you can drink it without really tasting the alcohol, so you can just knock back drinks and get totally hammered before your body really notices.

Especially if you're an adolescent who hasn't built up any alcohol tolerance yet, and would seriously struggle to drink that much booze straight.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Save all the money you would spend on soda and just drink alcohol straight!

Embarrassed by the things you do after drinking? Just keep drinking and you won't have any memories to be embarrassed by!

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

When all you drink is Bud Light everything can gently caress you up.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Kalimotxo is a common drink all over Spain and especially in the South. If you mix it with ice, it's not half bad. This is how we used to do it at a botellon:

Wikipedia posted:

In times of fewer available resourcesn, a common occurrence among Spanish youth, (lack of one liter 'mini') drastic measures are taken by young Spaniards in order to save money. One common cheap way of mixing Calimocho involves a plastic bag and the Tetra Brik cartons of cheap red wine (Don Simón is a common brand). An entire two liter bottle of Coca-Cola and two liters of wine are emptied into a plastic shopping bag. Once the concoction is mixed in the bag, the bag is squeezed tightly around the rim of the two litre Coca-Cola bottle and the contents of the bag are poured into the bottle. The now-empty Tetra Brik wine cartons are fully opened and peeled back as to mimic the function of the 'mini'. The Coca-Cola bottle is then used as a distribution device to fill the makeshift 'mini'.

e: we would drink half a 2 liter of Coke, add a liter of wine and mix it in the bottle.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Save all the money you would spend on soda and just drink alcohol straight!

Embarrassed by the things you do after drinking? Just keep drinking and you won't have any memories to be embarrassed by!

I can vouch for these lifehacks actually working.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."
Okay, we are literally having the Kalimotxo discussion a second time in as many pages. Have some classic dumb lifehacks:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I have that toilet-roll speaker in my bathroom. :arghfist::saddowns: It's pretty good for travel, too, since you can just throw it out when you're ready to go back home.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I had one of the worst hangovers in my life from someone trying to make Sangria with Sprite and box wine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I saw this one with a pringles can.

http://mashable.com/2012/10/22/diy-pringles-can-speaker/

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Wouldn't a pringles can be actually better for it since it has foil inside that doesn't act like a dampener?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Wouldn't a pringles can be actually better for it since it has foil inside that doesn't act like a dampener?

Seems like a lot of effort, why not just put your phone in a cup and be done with it?

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

Seems like a lot of effort, why not just put your phone in a cup and be done with it?

Strange, I expected them to be using a pantyliner-based sound system.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Is Chizzy two people, or do they not use the word "says" in England?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Quad posted:

Yeah dude that's why theirs always two in the picture

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Geokinesis posted:

My brain can't parse the modern phone with the 1980s quality of the magazine page.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I like that they evidently maintain a fiction that they test these in a lab

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That's actually not a bad tip , just saying.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011

Hollismason posted:

That's actually not a bad tip , just saying.

:goonsay:
Someone needs to buy :chizzysay:

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Quad posted:

I believe it is a combo name, probably Chelsea and Lizzy.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I had one of the worst hangovers in my life from someone trying to make Sangria with Sprite and box wine.
I once made somebody a mimosa by mixing orange gatorade, triple sec, and beer from Guatemala.

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.

cheerfullydrab posted:

I once made somebody a mimosa by mixing orange gatorade, triple sec, and beer from Guatemala.

Do you hate this person?

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Geokinesis posted:

Shropshire (a county not a town) Romford and Cheltenham? Really?

But this one can work though.

Shuh-shuh-shah POCKET ALMONDS!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

cheerfullydrab posted:

Here, have a mint julep! Do you have a bottle of Sprite and some sour mix?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk57WmewiRA

Once you've watched that video, watch this one: it's an absolutely magnificent contrast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJV-O1e10z8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
The fact that someone can use "their" and "they're" three times in the same context and use it just once correctly is mind-boggling.

jsoh posted:

Yeah dude that's why theirs always two in the picture
Case in point.