Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Not entirely Steam related, but I was just cleaning out my spam folder and received an email from Bioware which linked to this video.

The video led to a sparse (and crappy) site.

Does anyone know about an upcoming game called either Nightmare or You've Been Chosen? I can't see Bioware pulling off survival horror, so I'm guessing it has to be something more than just that. Than again - Bioware. It could very well be overpriced survival horror with the option of being able to romance Slenderman party members.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Ghostlight posted:

You mean teaches you to pick your fights!

Not with the decks you start out with and the aggressive mages that go out of their way to challenge you.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Dementropy posted:

Not entirely Steam related, but I was just cleaning out my spam folder and received an email from Bioware which linked to this video.

Does anyone know about an upcoming game called either Nightmare or You've Been Chosen? I can't see Bioware pulling off survival horror, so I'm guessing it has to be something more than just that. Than again - Bioware. It could very well be overpriced survival horror with the option of being able to romance Slenderman party members.

Apparently it's something called Shadow Realms: http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dragon_age_inquisition/news/bioware_teasing_new_ip_reveal_for_gamescom.html

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tezzeract posted:

White/Blue is pretty decent but it's not a 'turn everything sideways to win' aggro deck. You have to make good use of the convoke and your blue fliers. You'll get some nice enchants later on that let you draw on attacking/getting damage through.

If you really want to switch colors, you can grind the Explore Innistrad node to unlock a few starter decks. But a lot of the challenge is from your opponent's cheating starting hands that allow them to play the perfect opening.

I played a handful of Explore Innistrad. No starter decks were unlocked, unless you meant having enough cards to make a new one from scratch?

I am doing all right with my deck - halfway through the second area now.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Guys, holy crap. At some point? Steam silently patched in a "if you redeem a key, games are removed from your wishlist" feature.

I love it.

I am irrationally happy at this development.

Also I've noticed in the last update to the categories system, putting a game into a category no longer immediately scrolls you to that game in its new category, something I found really annoying for some reason.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Trustworthy posted:

New The Forest patch out. A bit disappointed I still can't catch rabbits for my rabbit cages, but clearly the dev's priorities are in exactly the right place:
I'm sorry but I'll post all the best bits from those patch notes because holy lmao:

The Forest patchnotes posted:

-More variation to female cannibal models, added procedural breasts size system.
-Pause menu now actually pauses game.
-Improved Rabbit/Lizard distribution and optimized CPU usage.
-Enemies will now push small items out of the way instead of getting stuck on them.
-Dead sharks now ragdoll.
-Fixed player flying in air after chopping dead bodies.
-Fixed rain sound never going away even after rain stops.
-Fixed cave drips continuing to play even when not in cave.
-Fixed fish swimming outside of pond near cliff section.
-Fixed bug where bird landing on hand would sometimes stop axe from working.
-Fixed enemy head and leg pickups sometimes appearing as arm pickups
:laugh:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Ugh, Gods Will Be Watching was really good until the third segment, where, at what you think is the end (like, 30-45 minutes in), with zero early warning, and despite there being no reason for the characters involved not to have told you this at the beginning of the mission, it suddenly gets two-thirds longer.

Oh! By the way, the virus is actually two viruses because one's only in your brain or something, so we need to research two cures, and the second cure takes longer. Sorry! Were you budgeting time around there only being one cure? You're hosed, have fun.

I can't think of any reason they'd put this in other than to force you to fail the mission one extra time.

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012

AbstractNapper posted:

Funny thing, at Darkwood's gamma setup screen there are actually three images.
The prompt says "Adjust the slider so that the image on the right is NOT visible".
I suppose you need to make only the most-right image not-visible.
When I first launched the game only two images were visible and what I thought was the rightmost, was actually the middle one.
I ended up playin a VERY DARK darkwood, and straining my eyes...

I am trying again with a corrected (I hope) gamma setting.

Overall and gameplay wise, I think I like the game so far (have played for 1 hour at most).

Ah thanks for this I only saw one image on the left and thought I was supposed to make that invisible...it was a pretty drat dark game, I liked it anyway, maybe I'll be able to see what the hell I am doing when I try it again.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Ragequit posted:

I played a handful of Explore Innistrad. No starter decks were unlocked, unless you meant having enough cards to make a new one from scratch?

I am doing all right with my deck - halfway through the second area now.

New starters unlock once you get enough cards that fit into the starter deck archetype. Getting 100% unlocks on Innistrad nets you a few decks (black/white and probably black/blue.)

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tezzeract posted:

New starters unlock once you get enough cards that fit into the starter deck archetype. Getting 100% unlocks on Innistrad nets you a few decks (black/white and probably black/blue.)

Well that's nice at least. I assume they appear in my deck list with my custom one automatically?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Magic is just not a game I can reliably make decks for. I can get by in Hearthstone because of the restrictions they put on you. My monkey brain is too dumb to be able to make a good deck that can have any number of cards with any number of repeats, and balancing that with land.

This is me too. I know the previous Magic editions weren't "real" MTG, but the themed decks that you unlocked a sideboard (?) for really made me feel like I was too clever because the base deck gives you an idea of what its gimmick is, and then the sideboard really lets you unlock its full power. It's not real deckbuilding, but it felt real enough for someone that just wants to blow up the AI

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'm hoping the next one brings back premades and allows custom decks. The premades were great starting points.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

This looks fairly interesting.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/301970/

Not sure how well it'll work in the long run but I'm tempted to grab it for the beta. Peeking in on my friends in Goldeneye (and trying not to get into fisticuffs about it) was the best. :allears:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

iastudent posted:

Not sure how well it'll work in the long run but I'm tempted to grab it for the beta. Peeking in on my friends in Goldeneye (and trying not to get into fisticuffs about it) was the best. :allears:

That's a genius idea and I can't believe no one else has done it before. :allears:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

iastudent posted:

This I can get behind. I hope they include mines as well.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Regarding Microprose's Magic game...

Danith posted:

Yup, and I think you could get quests from the towns.. I think I still have my CDs laying around

fake edit: ohh, theres a updated version floating around that apparently works on win 7+

There's actually a fan-run modification of the game that uses more modern cards in addition to working on newer operating systems. It includes Momir, Planechase, drafting and more.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

AbstractNapper posted:

Funny thing, at Darkwood's gamma setup screen there are actually three images.
The prompt says "Adjust the slider so that the image on the right is NOT visible".
I suppose you need to make only the most-right image not-visible.
When I first launched the game only two images were visible and what I thought was the rightmost, was actually the middle one.
I ended up playin a VERY DARK darkwood, and straining my eyes...

I am trying again with a corrected (I hope) gamma setting.

Overall and gameplay wise, I think I like the game so far (have played for 1 hour at most).

Darkwood

"Oh look mushrooms!" *Mushrooms emit cloud of poisonous spores on approach, player dies half blind a few minutes later*

"I'm not going to fall for those mushrooms again. Oh look a corpse to loot!" *corpse conceals mushrooms, gets poisoned, fumbles back to cabin, gets killed by poop throwing mutant that has moved into living-room*

"I have a board with a nail in it, I am going to murder that mutant this time" *small mutant is gone, giant mutant has taken its place, it has 3 times the reach of a nail board. Death*

"I see a pile of wood over there, I am not going near that"

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

This looks interesting: Third Eye Crime.

Cool graphics and it seems like Commandos: stealthing between patrol routes: noir: the game. Animation seems a bit too flash for my tastes but hey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzW9Yl9zpAU&t=30s

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Palpek posted:

This looks interesting: Third Eye Crime.

Cool graphics and it seems like Commandos: stealthing between patrol routes: noir: the game. Animation seems a bit too flash for my tastes but hey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzW9Yl9zpAU&t=30s

The way everyone swings their arms like they're drunk is loving hilarious.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone got any opinions on whether or not Gods Will Be Watching is any good?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I know I should be used to things like this by now, but the fact that Tropico 5's first DLC is all about artisanal cheeses is super funny to me.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

RPS had a scathing review of this game, but some goons have said they liked it. Based on the RPS review I probably wouldn't buy it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Goon consensus and reviews basically say it's pretty bit the gameplay is extremely tedious and designed to make you repeat large swathes of it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Dementropy posted:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/25/sleeping-sickness-bioware-tease-horror-game/

More as like, it's a collaboration between Bioware and Failbetter games, who made Sunless Sea. Could be neat. Don't know what each team is contributing specifically, though.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where's my procedurally generated dicks at, Forest dev?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Acquire Currency! posted:

Where's my procedurally generated dicks at, Forest dev?
Pretty sure Rust has the bald-naked-caveman portion of the survival sim market well and truly cornered.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Thank you, Dementropy, for giting me Unrest, a fantasy rpg set in Ancient India. Since it's a fantasy India, I am looking forward to having less rape in this game than real India.

Time will tell. I'm only in process of downloading the game, but aside from me raping Steam's servers (4 MB/s download, bitches!) I am satisfied with the lack of rapiness so far. Keep it up, fantasy India.

ANd also, Kragger, for accidentally gifting me Halfway, after I posted my little review blurb of it. :D I am still trying to work it out with steam support to get it back to you - I shouldn't have blind accepted but I was secretly looking forward to being gifted Secret of the Magic Crystals. Maybe next time, my friend.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Drifter posted:

Thank you, Dementropy, for giting me Unrest, a fantasy rpg set in Ancient India. Since it's a fantasy India, I am looking forward to having less rape in this game than real India.

Please make sure to the rate the quantity and quality of stool found in the game in the game. This is very important to my enjoyment of a game set in India.

Also if you don't have a skill to throw acid on faces then it's an immediate 0/10 for me. It might be redeemed if you have a Stoning skill where you can throw stones at enemies

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So Lone Survivor was a bit too slow for my taste and noticed what seems to be a pretty similar game, and was wondering if anyone had tried it out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/252830/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Daily deal is Broken Age for $12.50, just be aware that the 2nd half of the game might not be released until 2015 (the Magic Year for Games apparently)

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Shandalar 2012 is a Windows 7 working version with all the necessary bugfixes, new backgrounds and new card art.

Oh my god. Thank you, thank you for this. I loved the Hell out of the old Microprose MtG games, even if they were shaky as gently caress.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Papo & Yo is cute so far but I think Metroid Other M is more subtle than this game

Papo & Yo is about as subtle as poop in a punchbowl to start, and by the end it shrugs off any attempt at metaphor, which makes sense in context, but it's not intended to be subtle. It's pretty though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Murdered Soul Suspect is $15 at GMG, this is by far the cheapest it's ever been. http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/murdered-soul-suspect-na/

THIEF is $10, which is also its lowest price. http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/thief-na/

I don't think GMG has any discount codes going on to bring the prices down any lower, I think that's as low as they'll get until the next Steam Sale.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Niggurath posted:

So Lone Survivor was a bit too slow for my taste and noticed what seems to be a pretty similar game, and was wondering if anyone had tried it out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/252830/

I've watch a lot of videos of it and it seems okay but way, way too similar to Lone Survivor. There's even less combat (you have to hide or you die) and just like Lone Survivor the map seems loving atrocious. It's a side scrolling game and the map in each of those games is from an overhead perspective probably because ~Silent Hill~.

I dunno I'll probably play it too but the reviews seem middling.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Yodzilla posted:

I've watch a lot of videos of it and it seems okay but way, way too similar to Lone Survivor. There's even less combat (you have to hide or you die) and just like Lone Survivor the map seems loving atrocious. It's a side scrolling game and the map in each of those games is from an overhead perspective probably because ~Silent Hill~.

I dunno I'll probably play it too but the reviews seem middling.
Yeah, my only real issue with Lone Survivor was the glacial pace it moved at. But it's currently only 7.99 over at GMG and was figuring I would spend some of my free credit for it there....sigh, I'm just such a cheap bastard.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Anybody pick up Dungeon Defenders Eternity?

I know goons have opinions about That game, but I enjoyed it quite a bit, just curious if Eternity is worth upgrading to.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/298260/achievements

:frogout:

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
So Unrest trip report. I've played about three hours and so far I've been a Princess, a snake diplomat, a peasant girl and a priest. I like mood of the game and the setting and the art style works better in game than it does in screenshots and videos. This game is supposedly very replayable and your choices as one character are supposed to have profound effects for the other characters. I've gotten a hints of this when I as one character told a man to go seek medicine for his son from the city and then as another character I met him and could give it to him or turn him down.

There's been a lot of points where I could have taken different routes and a lot of points where I could have branched the story. What effect those branches would have had, I don't know. It'll take a couple of playthroughs to get a real feel for that. As for gameplay... Well it's mostly walking around and talking to people. There's a bit too much "walk to the other side of the map and then back" type stuff and some of the quests have been a bit fetch-questy. The controls aren't the best as it's sometimes hard to tell where you can and can't walk but it's not really a problem in a game like this. There's a rudimentary controller support that seems to work OK too. I've been in one fistfight an the combat was... Well if you've ever played "Harvester" then this was the same. You flail about and win or don't. Real time combat and adventure games don't mix.

The setting is nice and the character's are interesting as is the plot, so yeah... Looks promising. I'll play through it at least once or twice to see how it turns out. Definitely something different for a change. Hopping between different characters is something you don't really see much in game and a nice touch.

Also it seems pretty stable on the tech side of things. It's a simple game graphically but still, haven't ran into broken scripting or crashes.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts

Shadowrun Dragonfall is going to be standalone, so :getin:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

At first I was a bit worried they'd pull a DX: HR or something but...

quote:

What’s more, as a continued “thank you” for your support, the Director’s Cut will be FREE to all Backers and to all owners of the expansion version of Dragonfall. If you’ve played Dragonfall already, this should be a great opportunity to return to the streets of Berlin and enjoy the improved campaign all over again - to try a new archetype and make different decisions. And if you haven’t played Dragonfall yet, this will be the definitive version of the game to dive into.
That's cool of them at least. Seems they realized the first campaign was average (and pretty bad in parts) at best so they're sort of paving over it. I got it during the Summer Sale (at least I think I did... :steam:) and I still need to give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Daily deal is Broken Age for $12.50, just be aware that the 2nd half of the game might not be released until 2015 (the Magic Year for Games apparently)

Hmm, with the second part so far off how likely is it to get a 66% reduction come Christmas?

Like, i'm tempted to get it, but with so many games to currently play and with the second part of the game still to come out, it seems like the sensible option is to wait.

I mean it's not like they'd reduce the discount now that it's had 50% off would they?

• Locked thread