Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Or you can use that automated thing linked which works really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Vahakyla posted:

I refuse to believe that anyone here is improving their play with this.

It's a good thing everyone has been talking about it wrt to visibility and color correction then huh

slev
Apr 6, 2009

But more importantly which hud color will make me kill people better

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

slev posted:

But more importantly which hud color will make me kill people better
Pink.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Increasing colour saturation makes models stands out more and absolutely will garner better results. What the gently caress is wrong with some of you? I swear you just deliberately pick the wrong answer so you can argue with people.

e: they literally had to ban an r_ command because it made player models too bright.

kcer fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jul 25, 2014

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Its too drat hot to play cs. My arm is sticking to the table.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bpower posted:

Its too drat hot to play cs. My arm is sticking to the table.
Oil up your arm.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

How much do you turn the saturation up?

This is what it looks like for amd people

Do you just max that fucker out or is it a more incremental thing?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
for me it was incremental. just remember what you're trying to achieve, better character recognition. I max out the brightness in game and them put saturation up to about 120. It'll depend on your monitor so there's no "correct" settings.

edit: by incremental, I don't mean increase by one, test, etc.

Stick a bot in an awkward spot and mess about with the settings a bit. It'll take a couple of minutes to find something you're happy with. Close enough is definitely good enough.

bpower fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 25, 2014

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Cool, I'll plonk one down in front of the blue door at end of mid in mirage and give it a go.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Setting the game to TV mode or whatever it is called in the settings was enough to fix visibility problems for me. But YMMV etc.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I don't really expect a big difference but its like a why not give it a whirl thing

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Back in the 1.6 days just installing custom gun skins would make me 'play better'. It's all in your head. Achieve vibes. Don't hold back.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Necc0 posted:

Back in the 1.6 days just installing custom gun skins would make me 'play better'. It's all in your head. Achieve vibes. Don't hold back.

I miss that the skins also came with sound clips back then.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

kcer posted:

Increasing colour saturation makes models stands out more and absolutely will garner better results.

Necc0 posted:

It's all in your head.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item
I feel like you(even me) guys are trying to learn how to hit the apex of turn correctly when you still don't even know wtf the pedals do in your car.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Ephedra posted:

I feel like you(even me) guys are trying to learn how to hit the apex of turn correctly when you still don't even know wtf the pedals do in your car.

Aren't we just cleaning the windscreen before attempting to drive?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Ephedra posted:

I drove manual for 7 years before just giving up and going auto. The third pedal just adds to the confusion.

What I'm trying to say is that I should probably just use the P90 from now on.

Edit: :iiaca:

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 25, 2014

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

bpower posted:

Aren't we just cleaning the windscreen before attempting to drive?

I mean this doesn't even make sense to me... If you need help to figure out how to adjust the colors/brightness on your monitor maybe you should just swallow a bullet.

Edit: not you personally but anyone.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Ephedra posted:

I mean this doesn't even make sense to me... If you need help to figure out how to adjust the colors/brightness on your monitor maybe you should just swallow a bullet.

Edit: not you personally but anyone.

How about we forget about the car analogies for now. Fault on both sides, no harm done and so forth.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
The guy who shows up to motorcycle classes in full gear and throttles himself into a wall in the first 30 minutes

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I think csgo is more like playing chicken, except both people intend to run in to each other at full speed.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item
Csgo in 19 second.

http://youtu.be/7QtZw5Dsmxg

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Virtus Pro v. Team USSR is a commanding polish stomp.

Poles sure do love the soviets :poland:

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I added that line to the launch options about cpu usage, and my lowest percentage was under 30% I think there may be an issue with my machine.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I added that line to the launch options about cpu usage, and my lowest percentage was under 30% I think there may be an issue with my machine.

Do you get bad framerates? If not, no worries. If so, check your CPU temps and or power management settings?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Necc0 posted:

I seriously miss my Deagle being a Dirty Harry hand cannon.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Cuntpunch posted:

Do you get bad framerates? If not, no worries. If so, check your CPU temps and or power management settings?

Yeah I hardly noticed before because I haven't played for ages (and I spend most of my time dead) but the frame rate drops to below 10 when that CPU % thing goes low. It is really warm here atm but it still shouldn't be doing that. I'm ordering some paste stuff and see if that can fix it otherwise i'm binning the thing.

VoiceOfIntuition
Apr 11, 2009

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Yeah I hardly noticed before because I haven't played for ages (and I spend most of my time dead) but the frame rate drops to below 10 when that CPU % thing goes low. It is really warm here atm but it still shouldn't be doing that. I'm ordering some paste stuff and see if that can fix it otherwise i'm binning the thing.

as a test try adding -processheap to your launch options.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.
So, as of today, I have bought 83 keys for CS:GO, totaling $206.67.

Today is the day I make my money back.

(factory new, also)

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Coleman posted:

(factory new, also)

Being the only one on the market, factory new, and stat-track, this is "worth" like multiple thousands of dollars, right?

Jesus christ, congrats.

Coleman posted:

It's not StatTrak. I have a buddy that says it's probably going to fetch about 5-600 dollars.
Ah, ok. I thought that's what the star meant. Regardless, that owns.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 25, 2014

Coleman
May 5, 2011

The Joe Man posted:

Being the only one on the market, factory new, and stat-track, this is "worth" like multiple thousands of dollars, right?

Jesus christ, congrats.
It's not StatTrak. I have a buddy that says it's probably going to fetch about 5-600 dollars.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Don't get scammed.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Cole you can trust me as a middleman.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Coleman posted:

(factory new, also)

Don't get scammed. I recommend trading it for keys.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm in the wrong thread and an idiot. I'm trustworthy enough to sell that knife for you.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Wezlar posted:

Don't get scammed.
Don't worry guys, this money is headed straight for my tricycle, here's a picture;

There's no way this can go wrong.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
How much did you flip poo poo when you unboxed it? I was in a comp game like 4 days ago with a squeaker who unboxed a butterfly knife and screamed about it all game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Trading big money items can be stressful. I suggest a few drinks before you begin.

• Locked thread