Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Smythe posted:

prius r cool

the prius powertrain is legit amazing. some seriously cool stuff going on there.

lampey posted:

Lol at everyone who drives a prius/mini/bmw because it gets good mileage. ya it costs me an extra :20bux: to fill up my crown vic, but the depreciation, maintenance and insurance are saving me a lot more money.

does it make you sad that people don't automatically freak out and slow down when they see your car's silhouette now that police have switched over to other vehicles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Prius is a nice car and has a lot of cool gadgets.

I am glad people drive normally around me most of the time. 10% of the time its obvious they think im a cop and they do something erratic.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

the prius powertrain is legit amazing. some seriously cool stuff going on there.

does it make you sad that people don't automatically freak out and slow down when they see your car's silhouette now that police have switched over to other vehicles?

the police have finally figured out that you can stick lights and a siren in any car so now they use everything to pull people on the highway. I saw one of those windowless creeper vans with pull a dude over on the highway the other day. cop just stuck the lights on the dash.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shaggar posted:

the criminals have finally figured out that you can stick lights and a siren in any car so now they use everything to pull people on the highway. I saw one of those windowless creeper vans with pull a dude over on the highway the other day. criminal just stuck the lights on the dash.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Shaggar posted:

the police have finally figured out that you can stick lights and a siren in any car so now they use everything to pull people on the highway. I saw one of those windowless creeper vans with pull a dude over on the highway the other day. cop just stuck the lights on the dash.

they do this in hawaii with their personal vehicles and it's pretty amusing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

yeah police suck

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shaggar posted:

yeah police suck

er actually i was referring to non police putting lights in their cars, pulling people over and robbing/raping them not saying fuckdapolice

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Shaggar posted:

down here they still stick with domestics only so that's a plus. if it's japanese or german i'm flying past it no worries

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
just drive a rich person car and you won't get pulled over

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
also the Prius is a garbage car for idiots that gets great gas mileage.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
how long is that gigantic expensive prius battery supposed to last

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

how often is that gigantic expensive prius battery supposed to last?

pretty often

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
motor cam engine block oil spark plug alternator drive shaft belt tire transmission ignition cylinder piston petrol battery fender bumper cruise control steering wheel key accelerator peddle headlight breaklight gearshift axle

Dec 26, 2012

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

i wish cremnob and fishmech would just hate gently caress already

like two bowls of jello colliding

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
people are all over the nissan leaf around here (the google office. lol gently caress google amirite). if i am going to put the expense of an all electric drive system why tote around a full ice under the hood as well?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
just in case, obviously. it's like how everyone in high school kept condoms in their glove box. you're planning ahead for something that isn't gonna happen.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Baseline is the latest project to emerge from Google X, which focuses on long-term, risky initiatives that could have a huge impact on the world and ultimately Google's bottom line. Other so-called moonshots include self-driving cars, the Glass wearable computer and Internet service delivered from high-altitude balloons.

Baseline isn't supposed to deliver a specific commercial product or service, unlike most Google X projects, which the company hopes will eventually end up as commercial endeavors.

lmao

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

more google vaporware from google x, but this is extra vaporware according to google

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

er actually i was referring to non police putting lights in their cars, pulling people over and robbing/raping them not saying fuckdapolice

reminder that romney used a state trooper he got from his dad, the governor, and used it and a red flashing light during his youth to "prank" people by pulling them over and pretending to be an officer

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

everything is pretty bad now

elon musk was on the colbert report last night and it made me think the future might not be so terrible but then i remembered everything else is poo poo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

The Management posted:

just drive a rich person car and you won't get pulled over

lol i just saw a bentley pulled over a few minutes ago

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Beeftweeter posted:

what colour was the driver

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Beeftweeter posted:

the cop was just making sure he's aware of his one per day "run over a prole with no legal ramifications"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

born on a buy you posted:

the cop was just making sure he's aware of his one per day "run over a prole with no legal ramifications"

"sir i've noticed you don't have any blood on your bumper or undercarriage. in case you're new to the area i wanted inform you of your daily right to a citizen"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

flakeloaf posted:

what colour was the driver

it was an old white dude (the top was down)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

must have been going too slowly

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
a leaf is pretty good if you don't need to drive more than 400 miles I guess

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

rotor posted:

everything is pretty bad now

Smythe posted:

actually Microsoft kinda owns

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

google is hosed

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Facebook will unhinge its jaw and acquihire Google

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

zuck needs to use facebook's ballooning stock to acquire twitter

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

cremnob posted:

zuck needs to use facebook's ballooning stock to acquire twitter

no this would be a loving awful idea

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

Forums Terrorist posted:

no this would be a loving awful idea

for who though, for who

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

it's a great idea cause then facebook will have all the hot properties and continue to take share of ad $ cause they'll have a much better offering for brand advertisers. those get better margins than lovely search ads too

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

twitter's management seems p. bad too so they might not be able to make enough money to justify their valuation. if their stock tanks zuck needs to swoop in

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
google owns

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Facebook doing to corporate pr twitter accounts what they did to the organic reach of corporate Facebook pages would be loving hilarious.

And would make a shitton of money too.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

raruler posted:

for who though, for who

Twitter users

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

goowns

goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

facebook is ok with operating the stuff they buy indepedently. they're already unbundling various aspects of facebook into separate apps. all they care is that all their stuff like instagram and whatsapp are on everyone's homescreens

• Locked thread