Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRACK FIRE BEATS
Sep 11, 2001
Is SiriusXM providing Fezzie's insurance cause holy poo poo "Fez - Medical" must be a line item on the expenditure report all by itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Cory Lidle posted:

loving Grandma and his sedentary lifestyle had a disk disintegrate in his neck and the vertebrae were crushing the nerves to his arm. So they took a part of his hip out and put it into his shoulder/neck. It would've been done months ago but he decided to have another heart attack when already in the hospital for thinking he was having a heart attack and they put him on blood thinners.

Then he poo poo himself while bitching to Ron about not getting the surgery done by the time the show came on yesterday. I'm starting to think the doctors held off on the surgery because Drama Queen was going into hysterics to the point of yet another heart attack.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

What a pussy, wanting to get timely surgery so his nerves don't get crushed.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

An Enormous Boner posted:

What a pussy, wanting to get timely surgery so his nerves don't get crushed.
Would YOU operate on a guy if he was strapped to a gurney, screaming "JOHN RITTER! JOHN RITTER!"? Didn't think so. :colbert:

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."

The Dave posted:

I don't think anyone can defend Roland.

He's not Danny.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Tom Papa is terribly unfunny, why must Opie and Jimmy include this man on the airwaves?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Tom Papa is terribly unfunny, why must Opie and Jimmy include this man on the airwaves?

Chance to get Seinfeld in.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Yeah that's also why they're so nice to Colin Quinn. Wait...

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

CRACK FIRE BEATS posted:

Is SiriusXM providing Fezzie's insurance cause holy poo poo "Fez - Medical" must be a line item on the expenditure report all by itself.
They are. Back when Fez got another contract extension and then immediately went into the hospital and blamed the company for his stress, Ron remarked along the lines of how Fez signed a new contract and then immediately slammed the company with at least a million dollars work of medical costs.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Fez the Photobomber!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
the pete rose and ricky gervais episode was hilarious.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Fez the Photobomber!

I'm not quite sure why but this is terrifying.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
What does Fez do that causes his entire body to destroy itself? How many heart attacks has the man had at this point?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Space Bat posted:

What does Fez do that causes his entire body to destroy itself? How many heart attacks has the man had at this point?
Every part of Fez hates himself.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Today's O&A has been so weird (I'm about 2/3 throught). They have a loving amazing line up of stand ups and no one has any energy and there's tons of dead spots.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

That forced intern bullshit with Marc Maron was horrible. Not sure why Opie felt the need to push it so much.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

UncleMonkey posted:

They are. Back when Fez got another contract extension and then immediately went into the hospital and blamed the company for his stress, Ron remarked along the lines of how Fez signed a new contract and then immediately slammed the company with at least a million dollars work of medical costs.

Ron had a great line that if you factor in medical bills Fez is the highest paid entertainer in the history of the world.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

cochise posted:

That forced intern bullshit with Marc Maron was horrible. Not sure why Opie felt the need to push it so much.

He's trying to pick up the slack for Anthony, unfortunately.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Can we open up a death pool on Jim Jefferies?

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Jim Jeffries will live forever because I like him.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

onemillionzombies posted:

Can we open up a death pool on Jim Jefferies?

Hasn't Jim been sober for quite some time now?

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

-Atom- posted:

Hasn't Jim been sober for quite some time now?

Keyword: "was" according to today's show.

I don't know, he doesn't strike me as being as emotionally unstable as a lot of comedians, he just likes getting shitfaced. Seems less likely to end up offing himself.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Andy Klinder mentioned Ant during his state of comedy bit tonight:

Also has anyone gone to Just for Laughs? My buddy and I are starting to day dream about trying to make a little trip out of it next year. Getting seats to the O&A liveshow would be a must though.

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades
Kindler always does the State Of... Usually he ranks on Carolla. He's was tweeting some stuff relevant to Anthony as the Ant being fired stuff was happening.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

BigPoot posted:

Keyword: "was" according to today's show.

I don't know, he doesn't strike me as being as emotionally unstable as a lot of comedians, he just likes getting shitfaced. Seems less likely to end up offing himself.

Giraldo was a Harvard-educated lawyer with a wife and kids who wound up getting hosed up too much and dying.

I don't think Jeffries is like that at all but it's hardly "offing yourself"... it's not usually straight up suicide.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

The Dave posted:

Also has anyone gone to Just for Laughs? My buddy and I are starting to day dream about trying to make a little trip out of it next year. Getting seats to the O&A liveshow would be a must though.

Andy Kindler is essentially the Steve Albini of comedy. He hates virtually anything and everything.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Paul Kersey posted:

Andy Kindler is essentially the Steve Albini of comedy. He hates virtually anything and everything.

He also had one of the funniest TV roles ever as Mr. Lindenson on Home Movies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vbH7WROu8A (although may be too alt comedy for all you jim norton/bill burr fans)

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

ManoliIsFat posted:

He also had one of the funniest TV roles ever as Mr. Lindenson on Home Movies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vbH7WROu8A (although may be too alt comedy for all you jim norton/bill burr fans)

"Hello little girl, is your mommy home?"
"I'm not so little."

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Can somebody please explain why Andy Kindler is a genius? He's respected by lots of people, alt-comics and "regular" comics alike, but I've tried and tried to understand his appeal and simply don't get it. Seen him at stand up festivals, watched sets on TV, even followed him on twitter. This isn't an Anthony defense thing, I just think the guy is kind of a hypocrite. He talks plenty about integrity, selling out, hacks, derivative comedy... but this is a guy who took a gig as a judge on Last Comic Standing after previously lambasting it. I'm not even a fan and I've heard him do that loving "has a way with 3 or 4" words joke several times now, just inserts different names. When I saw him the first time I thought "wow, this is the loving genius who talks poo poo about everyone?". The way people built him up and the amount of poo poo he talked certainly gave me the impression that I'd be watching some real next-level material. Still yet to see that from him.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Joe Pasquale.....

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

How Much Art posted:

Can somebody please explain why Andy Kindler is a genius? He's :downswords:
because we all hate Anthony now in this thread for some reason hth

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

How Much Art posted:

Can somebody please explain why Andy Kindler is a genius? He's respected by lots of people, alt-comics and "regular" comics alike, but I've tried and tried to understand his appeal and simply don't get it. Seen him at stand up festivals, watched sets on TV, even followed him on twitter. This isn't an Anthony defense thing, I just think the guy is kind of a hypocrite. He talks plenty about integrity, selling out, hacks, derivative comedy... but this is a guy who took a gig as a judge on Last Comic Standing after previously lambasting it. I'm not even a fan and I've heard him do that loving "has a way with 3 or 4" words joke several times now, just inserts different names. When I saw him the first time I thought "wow, this is the loving genius who talks poo poo about everyone?". The way people built him up and the amount of poo poo he talked certainly gave me the impression that I'd be watching some real next-level material. Still yet to see that from him.
He's been around forever. His standup is very 80s/90s ("in the news", pun+wordplay heavy, a lot of one-liners) observational but with this deep parodic wackiness behind it. It always straddles the line between a joke, and a joke about jokes. It's mostly his performance and delivery that sells it. http://www.earwolf.com/episode/poppin-bottles/ first part of this really highlights his style.

Apex Redditor posted:

"Hello little girl, is your mommy home?"
"I'm not so little."
"Like a raise shtick...like a routine about getting a raise" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0_78C9m_kY&t=899s

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 26, 2014

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Dave posted:

I used to live there and imo Just for Laughs sucks. Go to the Jazz festival instead, it's probably North America's best kept secret.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Holy poo poo, I'm not normally one to demand clips, but someone has to isolate the Ron & Fez moment from July 23rd when they pulled Chris' live read for Tito's, where he says "sharted" rather than "started". It's a little after the first break.

Even if it's a put on, Ron's laugh is legendary in its rarity. It trumps when he was cracking up from Pepper's Pepper Spray bit.

Edit: vvv Big ups :cheers:

Morter fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 26, 2014

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Morter posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm not normally one to demand clips, but someone has to isolate the Ron & Fez moment from July 23rd when they pulled Chris' live read for Tito's, where he says "sharted" rather than "started". It's a little after the first break.

Even if it's a put on, Ron's laugh is legendary in its rarity. It trumps when he was cracking up from Pepper's Pepper Spray bit.

yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNMaI0p2Bno

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Sooooo, SiriusXM hired Stephen A. Smith, fresh in the middle of controversy that it's a woman's responsibility to not get beaten up.

This loving company makes no sense

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

ManoliIsFat posted:

He's been around forever. His standup is very 80s/90s ("in the news", pun+wordplay heavy, a lot of one-liners) observational but with this deep parodic wackiness behind it. It always straddles the line between a joke, and a joke about jokes. It's mostly his performance and delivery that sells it. http://www.earwolf.com/episode/poppin-bottles/ first part of this really highlights his style.

I remember that episode, the Jerry Minor bit where he's singing with an auto tuner about the forest fires made me laugh.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

shyduck posted:

Sooooo, SiriusXM hired Stephen A. Smith, fresh in the middle of controversy that it's a woman's responsibility to not get beaten up.

This loving company makes no sense

I agree however watching what he said, his point is somewhat valid and people are loving ignorant if they disagree. Just as with anything if you provoke it, it's more likely to react, a snake for instance. So when a woman is belligerent herself and acts crazy she isn't "asking for it" so much as she is running the risk of that anger going overboard in the male to where he uses physical violence. I saw his point and people are way to sensitive.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

T Bowl posted:

I agree however watching what he said, his point is somewhat valid and people are loving ignorant if they disagree. Just as with anything if you provoke it, it's more likely to react, a snake for instance. So when a woman is belligerent herself and acts crazy she isn't "asking for it" so much as she is running the risk of that anger going overboard in the male to where he uses physical violence. I saw his point and people are way to sensitive.

So we can tell a battered woman that maybe if she did something different then she wouldn't have been beaten? Good to know, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Pepper has probably fantasized about attacking Dana at least three dozen times.

• Locked thread