Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dynamic Cloth Technology
This poll is closed.
Dynamic 18 18.56%
Cloth 58 59.79%
Technology 21 21.65%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Because the defense getting embarrassed hasn't ever happened in an EA NHL game before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I don't have the sound on, but I didn't see anything different in that video. Am I missing something?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just them bragging about their new even more realistic and revolutionary skillstick, which allows even more realism than the last time they put in a revolutionary skillstick system.

So you can deke around people with amazing subtlety even though we all play the game with a camera up in the rafters and can't see it anyways.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

ThinkTank posted:

I don't have the sound on, but I didn't see anything different in that video. Am I missing something?

mods

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Monahan schooling the Oilers?

EA Sports NHL 15 is the most realistic sports game ever conceived.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
"Defenders can now do even less to stop you!"

Thank you Rammer, you've brought all the changes I've asked for.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

ThinkTank posted:

"With the new Superstar Skillstick™ allows you to stick handle with complete fluidity giving you incredible control using just the right analog stick." - Then immediate goes on to talk about spin dekes, toe-drags and True Performance Skating™ while no-joke showing the exact same animations I've seen since 09.

They're literally not even trying.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

They're literally not even trying.

I love the intense realism of Bobby Ryan casually pirouetting through the slot then roofing a backhander while the defenders bring their arms up to their chests and fly 5 metres past him. So like real life.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
It's literally the exact same animations that have been in the game for years now holy poo poo lol

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
It's amazing how the entire internet is making GBS threads all over this game. I hope it gets Ramamjamajamsighsong fired.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
we'll still all buy it :(

drunkenly playing with you idiots every night in the fall almost makes the game tolerable. TBH if it weren't for that, I'd have stopped buying the game like two years ago.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

sba posted:

It's amazing how the entire internet is making GBS threads all over this game. I hope it gets Ramamjamajamsighsong fired.

So long as it keeps making money hand over fist (which it will) he keeps his job. He's very good at making money which is why he's employed.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I wonder how successful a kick starter for a new game developed by someone else, based in feedback from gamers would do. I bet they could fund that puppy in a day.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Kragger99 posted:

I wonder how successful a kick starter for a new game developed by someone else, based in feedback from gamers would do. I bet they could fund that puppy in a day.

Before they absconded with the money. NHL/NHLPA rights costs tons of money and the development of a large scale video game of this nature costs tens of millions of dollars to produce.

As sucky as EA is, they're all we're getting.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The really bad news for NHL 15 is that Destiny launches on the same day, so like five people will be playing hockey September 9 who for some reason don't like using their console to shoot things.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I hate shooters, play sports games exclusively, and even I'm getting Destiny.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

xzzy posted:

The really bad news for NHL 15 is that Destiny launches on the same day, so like five people will be playing hockey September 9 who for some reason don't like using their console to shoot things.

I generally only ever buy shooters on the PC. The consoles are where I play all my sports games.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

ThinkTank posted:

So long as it keeps making money hand over fist (which it will) he keeps his job. He's very good at making money which is why he's employed.

That's like saying the only doctor in Uganda is good at selling malaria pills.

Destiny looks the same as that Dust (Eve) game for PS3. I have a bunch of not-sports games that never get played.

cname fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 25, 2014

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Destiny has not wow'd me enough for a day-one purchase, I'll wait for a sale on it / when people start saying "omg <latest patch> is the best thing everrrrr".

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

THE MACHO MAN posted:

we'll still all buy it :(

drunkenly playing with you idiots every night in the fall almost makes the game tolerable. TBH if it weren't for that, I'd have stopped buying the game like two years ago.

I'm guessing that's really most of the people in this thread.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yep. This year I am actually dreading having to pay for this game. Luckily last year I had giftcards and stuff. But, I don't think I am going to be that lucky this year.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The wife gets it for the birthday every year. If she hadn't started that tradition years ago I would have stopped buying around '08 (or just kept playing the latest 2k/sega version).

Question: will us peasants with PS3s and 360s get the same game but without the DCT (so the same game)?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you guys basically already own this game - it's called NHL 14. Why not just, as a collective of hockey-playing-goons, I dunno: keep playing that? gently caress EA and this retread-with-a-higher-sequential-number-and-fancy-"new"-video bullshit.

Semi-related: I don't get what all the hubbub about destiny is. I watched some dudes play the beta for like an hour last night and saw nothing, nothing in that game that hasn't already been done before. It didn't even really look all that gussied up for being "next gen". :shrug:

maybe I'm reaching peak "kids these days" old man-ness and have gotten (been) irritated with consumer spending and seeing how people will shovel over :homebrew: for the same poo poo with a different name slapped on it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've been an unapologetic Bungie fanboy since the 90's, that's my excuse.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Duke Chin posted:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you guys basically already own this game - it's called NHL 14. Why not just, as a collective of hockey-playing-goons, I dunno: keep playing that? gently caress EA and this retread-with-a-higher-sequential-number-and-fancy-"new"-video bullshit.

PS4 streaming :allears:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Pleads posted:

PS4 streaming :allears:

Well that's your fault for buying a box of plastic that was only a minor upgrade over the last box of plastic. (this applies to both consoles). :v:

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos
Look at this poor who can't buy a PS4.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Duke Chin posted:

Semi-related: I don't get what all the hubbub about destiny is. I watched some dudes play the beta for like an hour last night and saw nothing, nothing in that game that hasn't already been done before. It didn't even really look all that gussied up for being "next gen". :shrug:

maybe I'm reaching peak "kids these days" old man-ness and have gotten (been) irritated with consumer spending and seeing how people will shovel over :homebrew: for the same poo poo with a different name slapped on it.

I legitimately like the games they put out. Sorry for my bad opinion!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I legitimately like the games they put out. Sorry for my bad opinion!

Thats only due to lack of competition. :colbert:

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Duke Chin posted:

Well that's your fault for buying a box of plastic that was only a minor upgrade over the last box of plastic. (this applies to both consoles). :v:

Please, tell me more! :allears:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

JoelJoel posted:

Question: will us peasants with PS3s and 360s get the same game but without the DCT (so the same game)?

I don't think so.

Basically it's multiplayer collisions (bad phrasing), new commentary, and NHL '94 mode. Does that mean we might still get severely gimped versions of the other features? Who knows. :shrug:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Bradf0rd posted:

Look at this poor who can't buy a PS4.

*sigh* :smith:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

I pretty much bought a PS3 years ago just to play the NHL games, but I didn't bother to get 14. I definitely won't be getting a PS4 for the same reason until they show some serious interest in fixing the myriad of things that are broken/wrong/bad/annoying with online play & GM connected. I won't even bother with BAP which I highly doubt has ever actually been fun.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Furnaceface posted:

Thats only due to lack of competition. :colbert:

The 2K games really loving sucked when they stopped making them. The player models, skating, hitting, animations etc felt like they just never left the ps2 era behind.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

The 2K games really loving sucked when they stopped making them. The player models, skating, hitting, animations etc felt like they just never left the ps2 era behind.

NHL 2K5 was the best hockey video game ever made, sadly the series never updated anything after that and EA outstripped them in everything but franchise mode.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

ThinkTank posted:

NHL 2K5 was the best hockey video game ever made, sadly the series never updated anything after that and EA outstripped them in everything but franchise mode.

I don't disagree with you, but the point still stands.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Duke Chin posted:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you guys basically already own this game - it's called NHL 14. Why not just, as a collective of hockey-playing-goons, I dunno: keep playing that?

Because the only reason this game brings us any amusement won't exist after this September.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Hockles posted:

Because the only reason this game brings us any amusement won't exist after this September.

There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop!

Oglogoth posted:

Please, tell me more! :allears:

It was sarcasm ya nerd. :v:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

It was sarcasm ya nerd. :v:

E: I'm dumb

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Get pumped. We're only about a month away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiktuwcKV5w

• Locked thread