Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Spectacle Rock posted:

I really dig the smashing into the front of the TV Screen KOs.

Personally, I know the 3DS Version comes out first, but I'm just gonna get the Wii U Version. The graphics look better and I can use a Gamecube and/or Pro Controller.

Also, just look at that box art, what's not to love!?

Click to Enlarge

No joke though I would like to see that Bandanna/Sunglasses combo as an alt for DK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

SilverSupernova posted:

Nintendo gave him plenty of character. Have you even played the sports titles?
Go look up the opening cutscenes for the GameCube era golf and tennis games.

He was a main villain once!

Of Mario DDR.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

When/where is the stream that people think a new character might end up being revealed on?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cake Attack posted:

When/where is the stream that people think a new character might end up being revealed on?

On Nintendo's Twitch channel with the Smash tournament starting today at 11:30am PT.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Chaltab posted:

E2: Huh it's weird that Links is stepping out of a Tornado since he only used Tornados as a teleporter in like two games.

Always took it as a reference to the Gale Boomerang in Twilight Princess (for Brawl's); this Link is still pretty heavily the Twilight Princess one and not the Skyward Sword one.

PantsBandit posted:

No joke though I would like to see that Bandanna/Sunglasses combo as an alt for DK.

That's Funky Kong.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The T posted:

Always took it as a reference to the Gale Boomerang in Twilight Princess (for Brawl's); this Link is still pretty heavily the Twilight Princess one and not the Skyward Sword one.

He used a Tornado to travel on the NES zelda too, similar to how the Warp Whistle in Super Mario Bros 3 would warp you using a tornado.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'd of preferred they went with the blue bird flying him in over the tornado.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

quote:

I love the extra attention to Pikachu's hat starting to fall off as he slides down.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Crawfish posted:

I'd of preferred they went with the blue bird flying him in over the tornado.

Link has so many means of transportation.

I think riding in on Epona or an Ocarina of Time Warp Spell would be pretty cool.

The T
May 29, 2010

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

He used a Tornado to travel on the NES zelda too, similar to how the Warp Whistle in Super Mario Bros 3 would warp you using a tornado.

I was thinking "yeah, that's what it must be for his Smash 64 intro" then I remembered, no, that's not his intro at all. He just sort of falls down in a glowy thing which... makes me want to think it's a reference to warping in OoT, but I'm not sure why and I can't even remember when it looked like in OoT.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Kelp Plankton posted:

On Nintendo's Twitch channel with the Smash tournament starting today at 11:30am PT.

Will the Doritos Pope be hosting this one too? Ladies and gentlemen, ready your Pikachus.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I love her hair going nuts there. :allears:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The T posted:

I was thinking "yeah, that's what it must be for his Smash 64 intro" then I remembered, no, that's not his intro at all. He just sort of falls down in a glowy thing which... makes me want to think it's a reference to warping in OoT, but I'm not sure why and I can't even remember when it looked like in OoT.

Yeah it's an Ocarina reference. That's what it looked like when you teleported out of a dungeon after beating the boss.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah I wouldn't mind DK's alt looks just him stealing from the other Kongs like Funky or Swanky.

The T
May 29, 2010

Rirse posted:

Yeah I wouldn't mind DK's alt looks just him stealing from the other Kongs like Funky or Swanky.

Candy.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Anatharon posted:

He was a main villain once!

Of Mario DDR.

I hear this sometimes, but it's not really true. Waluigi was just the first boss. Bowser was still the final boss.

Still his most prominent role to date though.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
We also thought for sure they would reveal a character at the end of the E3 tournament, but they inexplicably didn't reveal Pacman until afterwards. Who knows with Nintendo! :v:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Gandalf21 posted:

I hear this sometimes, but it's not really true. Waluigi was just the first boss. Bowser was still the final boss.

Still his most prominent role to date though.

I'm still waiting for Waluigi World to come and establish his rivalry with Luigi. I like to think it's something like, Luigi's just bumbling along in every level and Waluigi comes and harasses him and he flails around and messes something up and hinders Waluigi's plans, and he's all 'Curses, that dastardly Luigi has foiled my plans again! I'll get him next time...'

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Waluigi hasn't had a interesting intro in what's likely 6+ years. The sports intros were good on the gamecube but the most he ever gets now is slightly amusing victory animations you're likely to skip after seeing them a couple times.

Sorry, Waluigi was only really developed cause of BitF, even the mods that try to add Waluigi to smash can only take from that comic.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

You know, Waluigi DOES have a really good game (that's fanmade). Can we stop talking about him now?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Sure, let's talk about Other M instead.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

DrPaper posted:

What about Other W, the Waluigi series reboot?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I know Waluigi is a beautiful man but they didn't need to put him in a skintight outfit just to please the pathetic little girl fans who masturbate too much.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Guys, Waluigi: Other W spells out WOW. Mind blown.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Kelp Plankton posted:

Guys, Waluigi: Other W spells out WOW. Mind blown.

:wom:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

"It's like the baby was crying just for me, because I punched it and stole its lollipop. Waahahaha!"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And if you rearrange the letters in the title...

That's right. Erowth.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
"The Baby: Waaaaaaa"

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The other W stands for Waluigi again.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

DrPaper posted:

I paid $50 for Other M on release and spent 2 hours trying to get my lauch-day Wii's dying disc drive to read the disc before I was able to start it up. I was so excited when I finally got it working.

I never bought another Wii game after that, out of spite.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Nintendo comic-con's Smash 3DS tournament starts in less than 15 minutes :siren: :siren: They said there was a surprise.

http://www.twitch.tv/Nintendo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Waluigi rides Ridley into battle but is kicked off by Samus's boots, but it's too anime (source: the 100% confirmed leak).

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Nintendo comic-con's Smash 3DS tournament starts in less than 15 minutes :siren: :siren: They said there was a surprise.

It's also on a Wii U right now (you can hear the mii on the home menu) :aaa:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kurtofan posted:

I haven't paid much attention to this. Is it like the E3 invitational or will it be a proper tournament?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'd legitimately watch a Smash anime. Little vignettes of the cast hanging out with each other followed by a five minute segment of actual Smashing. Maybe a thing during or after the credits where obscure details of the actual game are pointed out.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

TaurusOxford posted:

I haven't paid much attention to this. Is it like the E3 invitational or will it be a proper tournament?

We don't know, but it's likely to be similar to the invitational. The only thing that's known is that it's a 3DS version tourney and there's a big surprise thing coming on the stream (most people assume another character reveal).

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Level Slide posted:

I'd legitimately watch a Smash anime. Little vignettes of the cast hanging out with each other followed by a five minute segment of actual Smashing. Maybe a thing during or after the credits where obscure details of the actual game are pointed out.

They should hook up with Valve to make "Meet the" videos for everyone.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TaurusOxford posted:

Is it even between pros or just randos who got pulled aside at the convention? I wanna judge their cosplay

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Level Slide posted:

Get the Nichijou writers in for this, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's also this Youtube stream.

• Locked thread