Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Agents are GO! posted:

KInd of an extension of it I guess. Arthmoor is pushing an expansion of mod author rights which puts compatibility patches and stuff under the control of the original mod authors, but excludes dynamic patchers because the content is run on the users computer.

Ah, I heard about that. I thought it was a direct "take down mod X/Y/Z now because I'm bluffing a lawsuit" thing, not just more of his "Der Modder Hat Immer Recht" schtick.

(Edited because apparently "modder" is in fact a loanword in German.)

Technogeek fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Millenals are just people young enough to not have an inherent cultural taboo against knowing how computers work and how to operate them.

The term millenials encompasses both people who used the original napster and people who have never seen the physical object which is used as a picture for "Save this data" buttons. So it isn't even precise enough to describe a distinct group of people within the confines of "digital natives".

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Could someone give me a rundown concerning Japan's poor economy? I've heard a lot of different complaints (Usually Keynsian Economics from conservatives) but my impression is that the Japanese seem to be really conservative with their money. I remember watching a video in high school about how Japanese women typically are the ones who manage all of the finances/budgeting whereas that tends to fall to men in the United States. So I could imagine the Japanese collectively saving a lot of their income and spending less. Then there's also the work culture over there that probably inhibits people from spending money due to the lack of free time to enjoy the things people like to spend money on.

I really have no clue how they're doing on exports.

Any information would be appreciated.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Someone in the Canadian House of Commons is deleting information from Wikipedia about non-Canadian poutine producers.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I just got caught up on the past 3 pages and these are my thoughts:

R. Mute posted:

i, personally, think the whole baby boomer, gen x,y and millenial divide is incredibly retarded

thanks for listening

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What are some good current hip hop acts

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

XyloJW posted:

I just got caught up on the past 3 pages and these are my thoughts:

Just wait you're old and you have a natural predisposition towards genealogy. Then you'll regret those words, you hear me!!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

Given your expressed interest in space exploration, I'm going to recommend this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRI6BghJ1PU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
My roommate and I have been watching X-Files and debating morality all day. If we had some weed it would be the perfect lazy day.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Millenials, ladies and gents.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Shabazz Palace just came out with a new album.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

I would just like to point out that there are worse things we could be doing. Like watching Pretty Cure and debating MLP.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

zoux posted:

That post could've made at any time in the past 20 years. Yeah, X-Files's probably 20 years old already, but i'm not gonna look it up because i live on the edge bitch :coal:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

razorrozar posted:

I would just like to point out that there are worse things we could be doing. Like watching Pretty Cure and debating MLP.

Or maybe you could get a fucken job mate.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

Or maybe you could get a fucken job mate.

I have applied to literally every place in town at least twice. No one will hire me because I have a four-year-old shoplifting conviction. :(

It's my own fault, I was a stupid kid, but it's really killing me.

e: Got the time frame wrong.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol you got a FELONY shoplifting conviction?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I wasn't aware of the great morality debate present in The X-Files.

Was one of your agreeing with the Cigarette Smoking Man that conspiring with the aliens to destroy humanity was a good idea?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
No, it's a misdemeanor, but it's a black mark on my record, and there are so many people applying with clean records that they don't give it a second look once they see that. I make a little money ghostwriting, but it's inconsistent and doesn't pay well.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Joementum posted:

I wasn't aware of the great morality debate present in The X-Files.

Was one of your agreeing with the Cigarette Smoking Man that conspiring with the aliens to destroy humanity was a good idea?

The morality debate is actually unconnected to The X-Files, it's just something we've been chatting about.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bro you don't have to report misdemeanors to prospective employers.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Because the aliens are clearly going to double cross the cabal after humanity has been destroyed. Pretty bad idea to cooperate with them.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

Bro you don't have to report misdemeanors to prospective employers.

They usually ask on the application and I don't want to lie and have it come up on the background check, that looks even worse.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
You dirty millennial. I bet you took a selfie while shoplifting some bitcoins in a flash mob.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

pangstrom posted:

You dirty millennial. I bet you took a selfie while shoplifting some bitcoins in a flash mob.

It was almost as dumb. A friend and I stole $80 worth of M:tG cards.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Joementum posted:

Because the aliens are clearly going to double cross the cabal after humanity has been destroyed. Pretty bad idea to cooperate with them.

The X-Files was basically Lost before Lost but with great Scooby-Doo episodes in between them. Like when Maulder tried to keep trailer park vampires at bay with a cross made from breadsticks. Also, Lost loving sucks.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

razorrozar posted:

Your situation is tragic, but that is also a magnificently goony crime. D'you think telling prospective employers that that was what you stole would help your chances? Y'know, play it off as a childish error?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He literally doesn't have to say poo poo.

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010
I just picked up seasons 5 and 6 of King of the Hill for $30, completing my collection. Unfortunately, that's all Fox has bothered to release on DVD. There seems to have been renewed interest in the show in the past couple of years, so I'm holding out hope that they'll make a complete series collection eventually.

I almost never buy DVDs, but it's hard to watch King of the Hill anywhere else. At least not legally. Not that my rural internet could handle streaming anyway.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

Yiddish Policeman's Union!

Also timely because you can think "yeah, we actually should've done that".

except for the part where the radical christian extremist united states nukes the dome of the rock

that we can do without, i think

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
michael chabon pisses me off because exactly one book of his that i have read has a decent ending, and its the stupid medieval buddy road trip one.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I Have Read Infinite Jest.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

He literally doesn't have to say poo poo.

I'll try leaving it off my next round of applications, see if it makes a difference. I might be moving to Charlotte soon, anyway, and it doesn't show up on background checks outside the county, so it'll be moot then.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Aurubin posted:

The X-Files was basically Lost before Lost but with great Scooby-Doo episodes in between them. Like when Maulder tried to keep trailer park vampires at bay with a cross made from breadsticks. Also, Lost loving sucks.

Both shows suffered from a common problem: the theories that fans of the show made up in their heads were far more interesting than anything the writers could devise, so when the show finally went for the big reveal it sucked.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I thought Lost was good and then really good and then awesome and then good and then okay and then watching it felt like work. Lot of balls going up in the air in that show and not enough coming back down.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Joementum posted:

Both shows suffered from a common problem: the theories that fans of the show made up in their heads were far more interesting than anything the writers could devise, so when the show finally went for the big reveal it sucked.

There was also the episode with invisible predators in a Florida forest who were the descendents of Ponce De Leon's expedition to find the fountain of youth. And the one where the guy got a brain tumor that let him control other people's minds. Their stupid ideas were more fun to watch when the aliens metaplot wasn't prominent. I was also 7.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

paranoid randroid posted:

except for the part where the radical christian extremist united states nukes the dome of the rock

that we can do without, i think

This was the bad guy's plan in a Clive Cussler novel. Well, sort of, it was this rogue billionaire guy whose plan was to kill all Muslims by unleashing a radioactive space plague he found in a meteorite in Iceland, because :Cussler: and as I remember you get a whole chapter on the background of the particular antique plane he's going to use to drop the meteorite bomb on Mecca.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Dreylad posted:

Just wait you're old and you have a natural predisposition towards genealogy. Then you'll regret those words, you hear me!!

I reject the boomers/gen x/millenials system. I choose to categorize people based on which Buzzfeed "15 things only _____ will get" articles they get.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

XyloJW posted:

I reject the boomers/gen x/millenials system. I choose to categorize people based on which Buzzfeed "15 things only _____ will get" articles they get.

I don't read Buzzfeed :smuggo:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

XyloJW posted:

I choose to categorize people based on which Buzzfeed "15 things only _____ will get" articles they get.

It appears those are more Yahoo Answers responses than they are BuzzFeed articles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

razorrozar posted:

Should have used Neurok Stealthsuit. MILLENIALS.

• Locked thread