Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

you're saying what many other people have said- the only reason people would disagree with you is that they're white liberals (the real racists) trying to erase your unique self because you deviate from properly liberal thought. this sort of goes against you being genuinely independent of thought, but funnier is that your implicit assumption is that all ideas are equally valid, which is basically hara-kiri, which you should commit in real life.

i was not aware that people have said that, i specifically said you're trying to culturally erase me because you're constantly calling me white (i'm not) french (i'm not) and all kind of other bullshits and frankly it's weird how persistent you are about it, which is why i posited thats because you are in fact sad that youre a white man

one day we will unexpectedly bump into each others while walking in a metro station and then we'll end up in a Freaky Friday situation where you will learn to finally appreciate your own culture while i learn to appreciate sweaters, being offended on behalf of others and french fries with mayo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Drink Cheerwine posted:

show me the study that says their brains more closely match the sex opposite of their biological one, and i'll be convinced

or, ya know, just continue being a doughy bitch

ok. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2754583/

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I'M.

GAY.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Copley Depot posted:

trannies
tranniestranniestranniestranniestranniestranniestranniestranniestranniestranniestranniestranniestrannies

I came as soon as I heard!

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Twee as gently caress posted:

i was not aware that people have said that, i specifically said you're trying to culturally erase me because you're constantly calling me white (i'm not) french (i'm not) and all kind of other bullshits and frankly it's weird how persistent you are about it, which is why i posited thats because you are in fact sad that youre a white man

one day we will unexpectedly bump into each others while walking in a metro station and then we'll end up in a Freaky Friday situation where you will learn to finally appreciate your own culture while i learn to appreciate sweaters, being offended on behalf of others and french fries with mayo

i'm pretty sure that you're going to do the world a favor by committing public suicide before then, but i'll pencil in "laugh at twee as gently caress in public" for my schedule

edit: also, you're too dumb to figure out why people keep calling you french, claude

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Majorian posted:

I already asked this in the D&D thread, but has anyone tried emailing Justine's McVeigh poo poo to Google? Because that's...kind of troubling.

I can't imagine how a Fortune 500 company would have a problem with an employee publicly representing themselves as such on Twitter talking about how the biggest domestic terrorist in US history had some good ideas would mind.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
The new rumor is that effectronica eats french fries with mayo

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

gently caress the ROW posted:

that gently caress

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

hosed up if true

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Royale with cheese, motherfucker.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Does Google know that Effectronica eats fries with mayo? That's...sort of troubling...

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Travolta is gay.

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH
it's downright problematic

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Manifest posted:

But the majority of the people in this thread are mocking her for being a poo poo-head with said horrible ideas.

yes, but some people are ALSO mocking the horrible person for funny aspects of xir person, and that's not fair!

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Maoist Pussy posted:

yes, but some people are ALSO mocking the horrible person for funny aspects of xir person, and that's not fair!

it's not funny is the issue

this poo poo has been run into the ground since november in gbs and a lot longer in fyad

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
Lol this thread is like a loving retard slap fight.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

best post in thread

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

whatis posted:

best post in thread

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

I've always really loved this quote and make homage to it

I want to be beaten the gently caress to death by a brutal sex chick

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH
i also want that to happen to you

see? common ground after all

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
This is like in 8th grade social science where they made us line up based on who we " voted for" Gore or Bush and it was just an hour long shouting match over abortion between the girls with hippy parents and the girls with Christian parents and one lonely autist who said he was in the constitutional party

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
New fun post!

quote:

Liked the bit about Kaczynski. But the some of the other stuff (general AI and "god"), meh. No God is NOT a "vastly superior being". Angels are "vastly superior" beings. What God is is being itself.

Did you read to the end? I said the singularity could create a pantheistic “one” where the whole of being and existence is so tightly interconnected that the differences between individual beings asymptotically approaches irrelevance. So honestly, I would say we're in agreement for the most part.
I sometimes like to fantasise about what this would look like. Imagine if the singularity creates giant two-dimensional CPUs that have bewildering computational capacity. Imagine if it wants MOAR POWER so it repurposes all the atoms on earth into a giant two-dimensional CPU of perfect computing material, which transhumanists call computronium.
But then singularity want even moar. So it starts expanding into the solar system, turning the moon and planets into computronium. It continues to expand outward into the cosmos, engulfing stars, drinking nebulas, and colonizing the entire galaxy. All in its unquenchable thirst for performing even greater computations.
But now we have a big problem: the speed of light is slow! I can't play Counter Strike with nerds in India because it takes light one hundred and twenty bloody milliseconds to travel there and back in fibre, and three hundred in practice. Universe—why do you disappoint me so!
I imagine the superintelligence will feel a similar level of frustration. Computers need *locality* in order to perform computations quickly. So it'll start dragging all the computronium in the galaxy, closer and closer together. Eventually it might collapse all the matter in the galaxy into a supermassive piece of computronium the size of a marble with physical locality so extreme that it's measured in planck units. I'm no physicist, but based on what I've heard from them, this is technically possible if you consider that the universe emerged from a tiny point.
Then our happy little galaxy could start playing Marble Madness, positioning itself in geostationary orbit with the black hole at the center of our galaxy. It'll wait for Andromeda to show up, and then eat that too, because it wants moar. And just keep spinning and computing.
But if I remember correctly, orbits decay over time. So it'd probably get to have its number crunching fun for a good solid millions of years, before it gets sucked into the black hole. Then who knows what happens? Perhaps its information will spew out on the other side and give birth to a new universe. Our great heavenly father becomes a mother.
Wow! I guess God is trans.

...oh my God.

Justine Tunney is Paradol Ex.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Stop it, you goons, stop it! Can't you see, xhe WANTS us to fight!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

whatis posted:

best post in thread

This is still a better link.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Box of Trial posted:

this poo poo has been run into the ground since november in gbs and a lot longer in fyad

Gender adventurism is bourgeois trash, my friend.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Harime Nui posted:

one lonely autist who said he was in the constitutional party

lol

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Maoist Pussy posted:

Gender adventurism is bourgeois trash, my friend.

it really is though

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Box of Trial posted:

what's not funny is tedious idiots running into every stupid thread attempting to re-establish 1.0, you're so unfunny that even the little howler monkeys running around yelling NIGGOT NIGGOT NIGGOT TRANNY NIGGOT look like Groucho Marx by comparison

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I would join a communist uprising if they promised me the public executions of Mr. Comcast and Mr. Google

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
thanks for the science links

they don't provide exactly what i was asking for, but i hadn't seen them before so i now know more about the subject than i did

Dec 26, 2012

what happened posted:

Lol this thread is like a loving retard slap fight.

yeah it owns

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Majorian posted:

New fun post!

...oh my God.

Justine Tunney is Paradol Ex.

That poo poo is unreadable. I think there was something about video games in it? Trannies sure do like video games.

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
I don't hate trannies. Most people on here don't hate trannies. What people do have a problem with is the insistence (usually from militant internet types, granted) that reality be subjugated in order to vindicate this particular brand of body dysmorphia or sexual fetish - the insistence on equivalence. If you want to swan into work in a chiffon slip, wearing heels, looking like you've been hit by Homer's make-up shotgun and asking me to call you Katie or whatever and use "she" when addressing you in emails, I have no problem with that. But what you can't do is insist that people consider your ersatz version of femininity - no matter how much work or money has been spent on it - to be equivalent and the same as an actual, 'real' female. This idea that they're completely the same. That's never going to fly, ever, I'm afraid and it's not bigoted to say so. :)

Kirk Johnson fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 25, 2014

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

I'm Crap posted:

what's not funny is tedious idiots running into every stupid thread attempting to re-establish 1.0, you're so unfunny that even the little howler monkeys running around yelling NIGGOT NIGGOT NIGGOT TRANNY NIGGOT look like Groucho Marx by comparison

thank you for your opinion, forums user I'm Crap

p.s. I want to reestablish 2.1 for the record

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

What did you say before you edited coward

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

i'm not a bigot i'm just completely indistinguishable from one

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kirk Johnson posted:

I don't hate trannies. Most people on here don't hate trannies. What people do have a problem with is the insistence (usually from militant internet types, granted) that reality be subjugated in order to vindicate this particular brand of body dysmorphia or sexual fetish - the insistence on equivalence. If you want to swan into work in a chiffon slip, wearing heels, looking like you've been hit by Homer's make-up shotgun and asking me to call you Katie or whatever and use "she" when addressing you in emails, I have no problem with that. But what you can't do is insist that people consider your ersatz version of femininity - no matter how much work or money has been spent on it - to be equivalent and the same as an actual, 'real' female. This idea that they're completely the same. That's never going to fly, ever, I'm afraid and it's not bigoted to say so. :)

kiss my but

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Kirk Johnson posted:

i do not understand why on earth you give a poo poo about this, though

and the same goes for everyone else that constantly brings up transexuals on this forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
In the glorious an-cap singularity, gender will be irrelevant and not funny

• Locked thread