Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Liar Lyre posted:

If anyone hasn't read about Vision, do it now. It's insane. He had kids!

Well, not really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CommanderApaul posted:

That's The Vision

For a second I thought it was The Sentry and legit gasped

I am a huge dork.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I don't see War Machine in that picture. Is he just blending in with all the robots?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Justin Godscock posted:

I just don't like Quicksilver's costume, it looks like an Under Armor exercise shirt and I can't get it out of my head. N

I thought that is what it's supposed to be?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Colonel Whitey posted:

I don't see War Machine in that picture. Is he just blending in with all the robots?

The Ultron hand over scarlet witch's shoulder looks a hell of a lot like War Machine from a distance.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/James-Gunn-Wants-Bring-Marvel-Best-Villains-One-Vicious-Movie-66413.html

Marvel wants to do a Thunderbolts movie potentially involving a team-up of Loki, Red Skull, The Leader, and Justin Hammer. James Gunn is interested in directing and Kevin Feige has said he supports the idea and supports Gunn directing if Guardians of the Galaxy does well.

I have never heard of the Thunderbolts before, but apparently it involves villains reforming and becoming heroes, but secretly using their new-found trust and fame to take over the world.

quote:

James Gunn Wants To Bring Marvel's Best Villains Into One Vicious Movie

When directors turned movies like Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger into hits, Marvel and the industry collectively gave the credit to the characters and actors. But if Guardians Of The Galaxy breaks out, then a whole bunch of credit is going to come James Gunn's way, as he inexplicably makes the journey from one-time Troma darling to A-List blockbuster helmer. And with Gunn currently contracted for one more Marvel movie, everyone is assuming he'll sign on for Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 . But he might have his sights set on something different within the House Of Ideas.

In an interview with Screenrant , James Gunn was asked very specifically about Thunderbolts. And here was his suspiciously specific answer.

"Thunderbolts? I will tell you, one time I was saying to Kevin [Feige], we were sitting on set together on one of the days he visited and I said, ‘You know, I really want to make Thunderbolts,’ and he said, ‘James, if Guardians does well you’ll be able to do whatever you want so we’ll see what happens. "

The Thunderbolts started out in the comics as a group of reformed villains who cleaned up the Marvel universe while the heroes were away. Founded by the evil Baron Zemo, they earned the people's trust, though secretly they were planning a major coup against the rest of the world. Later incarnations of Thunderbolts dropped that angle and just became groups of villains-turned-heroes. The current version of the Thunderbolts on shelves now consists of darker-edged heroes like Deadpool, the Punisher and Red Hulk basically running black ops missions.

If the current Marvel movies attempted Thunderbolts, it would probably just be a villain team-up a la Avengers. Which means you'd probably have Tom Hiddleston's Loki, Hugo Weaving's (? ) Red Skull, maybe robo-Arnim Zola, Samuel Stern from The Incredible Hulk (last seen mutating into The Leader), and maybe Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer from Iron Man 2. Which is still pretty awesome, even before you include Avengers: Age Of Ultron baddies like Ultron and Baron Von Strucker. The picture above looks like it's War Machine and Wolverine, but it's actually Norman Osborn's Iron Patriot and Wolverine's deranged son Daken, which gives you an idea at the sort of mirroring going on here.

Sadly, you'll be missing out on Magneto, Green Goblin and Doctor Doom, three of the all-time greatest baddies in the Marvel world who are currently owned by Fox and Sony. The thing about all villain plots in the comic books is that no matter which thug or criminal planned something, the specter of a bigger villain always loomed. One couldn't engage in a massive evil scheme without Doom butting his head in, or even someone like Doctor Octopus (owned by Sony) meddling, in his own way.

Is Gunn the right guy to be in charge of a big Marvel villain free-for-all? Vote with your dollars: Guardians Of The Galaxy dorks it up on August 1st.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 25, 2014

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

howe_sam posted:

The Ultron hand over scarlet witch's shoulder looks a hell of a lot like War Machine from a distance.

It certainly does not.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It could work, but I would have a hard time seeing why Loki and Red Skull would work together with others.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/James-Gunn-Wants-Bring-Marvel-Best-Villains-One-Vicious-Movie-66413.html

Marvel wants to do a Thunderbolts movie potentially involving a team-up of Loki, Red Skull, The Leader, and Justin Hammer.

If you actually read that link that's not what the article says. Gunn says hey I'd love to do Thunderbolts, Feige says maybe, we'll see, and author of the article makes up that it would include those villains.

So...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Colonel Whitey posted:

I think Cheadle is only in the movie for a little bit.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Read that as Thunderbirds and got upset. :(

How is Hawkeye surviving? Isn't he just a normal guy with good aim? Shouldn't all those robots turn him into paste?

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

If you actually read that link that's not what the article says. Gunn says hey I'd love to do Thunderbolts, Feige says maybe, we'll see, and author of the article makes up that it would include those villains.

So...

It would be waaaaay more interesting to see Gunn do another goofy team-up movie from the more obscure corners of Marvel continuity without any of the established villains anyway. A little bit of Guardians, the bits worth salvaging from Sinister Six--sounds like it would be fun.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Deadpool posted:

I think Cheadle is only in the movie for a little bit.

That's what I thought too, until people started mentioning WM being in that picture. Turns out it's just a hand that doesn't even really look like war machine.

WE DOIN IT NOW
Jun 18, 2005

Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon.

Vintersorg posted:

How is Hawkeye surviving? Isn't he just a normal guy with good aim? Shouldn't all those robots turn him into paste?

Hawkguy fell off his perch and we are witnessing his imminent dismemberment.

Or Scarlet Witch magic'd him up some super durability.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Scarlet Witch conjured a suit of plot armor for him to wear into combat

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Actually we have no idea if Hawkeye in the movies is normal rear end Hawkeye, just a dude with good aim, or Ultimate Hawkeye who's got crazy Bullseye powers. Although after that blind shot he made in Avengers I'm kind of guessing it's the 2nd. I could see him being able to hold off some robots as long as he kept his dista...oh...Yeah he should be dead.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I really like that multi-panel poster. It's just such a perfect comic book splash page.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

OK shut up. EVERYONE SHUT UP.

Shut your faces. :(

(I'm so sorry every oh god I'm really sorry I really need to get my eyes checked)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It would be a travesty not to include War Machine on poster. So white...characters. needs diversity. Granted we have green and red ...but come on. Rhodes gonna die. :(

Wendell
May 11, 2003

So how did you explain the two heads to yourself, Jamesman?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gatts posted:

It would be a travesty not to include War Machine on poster. So white...characters. needs diversity. Granted we have green and red ...but come on. Rhodes gonna die. :(
Maybe he's in the upper part of the Hulk part like Vision? :unsmith:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
The production of Ant-Man continues to be a hilarious disaster: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54355

quote:

On the eve of the studio's Hall H presentation at Comic-Con International, Deadline reports actors Patrick Wilson, Matt Gerard and Kevin Weisman have left the film, now helmed by Peyton Reed.

However, the website is quick to point the "creative differences" that led to Wright's split with Marvel had nothing to do with these departures: Gerard and Weisman's characters, which were never announced, were cut from the "newly evolved" script, while Wilson ran into a scheduling conflict caused by a production delay.

(I had no idea Patrick Wilson was even in this movie until it was announced that he wasn't in it anymore.)

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Wendell posted:

So how did you explain the two heads to yourself, Jamesman?

The second head would be his bigass gun on his shoulder.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Vargo posted:

The production of Ant-Man continues to be a hilarious disaster: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54355

(I had no idea Patrick Wilson was even in this movie until it was announced that he wasn't in it anymore.)
He had been announced awhile ago, but a role was never attached to him. There were a few rumors about him playing some kind of villain though.

I'm seriously wondering how they will be able to put this film out in just over a year considering this new director just came onboard.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
If you're gonna zoom-enhance, zoom in on the robotse.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Jamesman posted:

OK shut up. EVERYONE SHUT UP.

Shut your faces. :(

(I'm so sorry every oh god I'm really sorry I really need to get my eyes checked)

Scarlet's all like, "No, it's too dangerous Lil' War Machine! Quick, hide in my hair and cover me!"

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

If you're gonna zoom-enhance, zoom in on the robotse.

I've never thought about robotic assholes before. Perhaps this is a turning point in my life.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
James Gunn officially writing/direction Guardians of the Galaxy 2 after really really good testing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Liar Lyre posted:

If anyone hasn't read about Vision, do it now. It's insane. He had kids!

I thought he was a robot. How a robot make baby?

Vintersorg posted:

Read that as Thunderbirds and got upset. :(

All the humans would be dead. Then Thor and Hulk clean up the mess.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 26, 2014

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

By the look of things the Ultron army is going to be extremely weak cannon fodder, although the design sure as hell makes them look formidable.

Either way it's definitely one of those fights he shouldn't be in the thick of. I've seen plenty of comments on reddit about why he shouldn't be on the team and while I disagree vehemently images like this poster definitely make their case.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
The new Batman looks pitch-perfect.

This is kinda weird to say, but I hope you use a little CGI on Batman. Obviously not weightless Yoda poo poo, but I hope they have some wide shots of him being acrobatic, etc. I just feel like the usual wooden physical movements, even in the Nolan movies, will look even more ridiculous next to how good they've got Superman in motion looking. Just a few slightly faster than human backflips, like in the Animated Series.

edit: they could also go completely the other direction and have him just already "be" wherever he was going, thats fine too.

Terrible Horse fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 26, 2014

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Black widow looks like she's wearing some sort of glowing blue magic suit there to make her able to punch through robots, so hawkeye can get something similar

Or they can just have him ripped in half by an ultron in the first three minutes to convince us what a threat they are

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Isn't there rumors that one of the team bites it in this movie? If so, I can totally see Hawkeye being the one. He's had the least amount of film time and probably the weakest member of the team. At least Widow has those electronics-disabling tech

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That looks like test footage for The Thing in the awful-sounding Fantastic Four "reboot." What the hell is it really?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Away all Goats posted:

Isn't there rumors that one of the team bites it in this movie? If so, I can totally see Hawkeye being the one. He's had the least amount of film time and probably the weakest member of the team. At least Widow has those electronics-disabling tech

Didnt they promise Renner his character wouldn't be so one-note and mind-controlled this movie though? Its probably War Machine that eats it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

mind the walrus posted:

That looks like test footage for The Thing in the awful-sounding Fantastic Four "reboot." What the hell is it really?

It is, and the new FF sounds dope as gently caress.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

It is, and the new FF sounds dope as gently caress.

What sounds good about it to you?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

mind the walrus posted:

What sounds good about it to you?

Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara, and Miles Teller are all good actors?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Lots of horrible movies have good actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
If all we currently know about it is the cast, why assume otherwise.

• Locked thread