Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
He's a Castrato man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Pica is actually a woman

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

AnonSpore posted:

Pica is actually a woman

Was a woman. Unfortunate meetup with Iva changed his looks, not his voice.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Was a woman. Unfortunate meetup with Iva changed his looks, not his voice.

Probably intentionally done as a joke. :v:

[e]: On a more "serious" note, holy poo poo I just realized something re-watching this clip with Whitebeard's death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KomuC-TOe-M

With the narrator talking at the end -- remember how the narrator talking at the end of the Ace vs Blackbeard fight was foreshadowing the battle at Marineford?

Well, this would imply foreshadowing for the fights with the Yonkou ahead: Kaidou, Big Mam, Blackbeard, and even Shanks. Check this quote again:

OP Narrator posted:

Even in death, his body did not fall. His figure, taking down enemies while losing half of his head, was truly monstrous. The total number of sword wounds he received in this battle was 267. He was shot by 152 bullets. And was hit by 46 cannonballs. And despite all this, his proud back, over the course of his entire life as a pirate, never received a single scar from running away!

Whitebeard was pretty old and frail by this point and still kicked rear end. They emphasize this a lot during Marineford. That would imply that Kaidou and the other current Yonkou are about that level to compete with the Strongest Man in the World.

Luffy has to basically be at the strength of the Battle of Marineford to take on Kaidou or the others to win, if that makes sense. That's... a lot of firepower required. :stare: It really does put Law's pessimistic odds even with the Strawhat Alliance as it is in context. It also makes sense why this arc is all about building up the Alliance even more with new allies to stand a chance against Kaidou and his forces after murdering Doflamingo.

Something... tells me that Kaidou is definitely going to show up just as Dofy is about to be killed just to kill Dofy and his crew himself and nobody in the Luffy crew gets Dofy's head (surprise!), kind of like how Kuma randomly showed up when the Strawhats were already beaten down by Moria.

Mark my words. If Kaidou is that brutal and scary, we'll see him. He'll probably even be the one to break the birdcage since he's by nature stronger than Dofy. Oda has to show off this guy's scariness and stuff somehow if he's even crazier and crueler than Dofy is, enough to traumatize Momonosuke (probably an experiment to test out Kaidou's new artificial Zoan army?) and Moria and to make Dofy piss his pants. This guy is not only going to be physically monstrous like Whitebeard is but personally monstrous and cruel -- like, how can you top Caesar Clown's stuff if Kaidou is even worse somehow? Did he eat Blackbeard's missing fetus twin off-screen? :v: Okay, I'll stop.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 25, 2014

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
With how long Sanji and co have been offscreen, I think saving Sanji from Big Mam will be the next major arc. Kaidou will probably get revealed finally, but I bet it will only be a glimpse.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Isn't Big Mam Lola's mom? Considering how seriously some debts are taken in One Piece, it's not entirely impossible that she'll give at least some leeway to the Strawhats because of what they did for her daughter.

Then again, they did deprive her of her candy and factory and she might hold priority of food over her flesh and blood. Aw, who am I kidding, that's exactly what the gist of her character is. :v:

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I doubt there will be a save Sanji arc. It's too early into the New World for him to look that weak. Plus, Sanji is supposed to become the man the marines fear the most, so I don't see him getting punked like that.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

kinmik posted:

Isn't Big Mam Lola's mom? Considering how seriously some debts are taken in One Piece, it's not entirely impossible that she'll give at least some leeway to the Strawhats because of what they did for her daughter.

Then again, they did deprive her of her candy and factory and she might hold priority of food over her flesh and blood. Aw, who am I kidding, that's exactly what the gist of her character is. :v:

Either way, Luffy's gotta beat all the Yonkou before he's worthy of being the Pirate King. He's already friends with Shanks and he's still going to need to fight him eventually.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Either way, Luffy's gotta beat all the Yonkou before he's worthy of being the Pirate King. He's already friends with Shanks and he's still going to need to fight him eventually.

I'm almost positive Luffy will not end up fighting Shanks through some plot point. Most likely, he'll fight Kaidou and Big Mam first, and in the meantime, Blackbeard will end up taking out Shanks. My prediction is that Blackbeard won't be able to get to Raftel for one reason or another, and he'll go after Shanks on the basis he was part of Roger's crew and might know some secret about the island--Shanks refuses or doesn't know, and Blackbeard kills/maims him in retaliation.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Nah, clearly Luffy and Shanks are going to have to throw down near the end. It's just going to end up being a Davy Back Fight.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

Nah, clearly Luffy and Shanks are going to have to throw down near the end. It's just going to end up being a Davy Back Fight.

I bet its going to be "you cant be the Pirate King without going through me" and they'll just fight it out.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
nah shanks crew gonna lose to bb crew to show off how powerful bb crew so the reader understands how ridiculous bb is and the ridiculous level power the strawhats have to overcome.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

nah shanks crew gonna lose to bb crew to show off how powerful bb crew so the reader understands how ridiculous bb is and the ridiculous level power the strawhats have to overcome.

Thats would be just bullshit.

I want my Luffy/Shanks fight. Its been prophecized since literally the first chapter.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Especially when the Strawhats already have a reason to stomp Blackbeard's poo poo and you can show that theyre strong by being tough opponents for the SHs.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Doesn't Zoro also need fight Shanks, he's a swordsman right?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Broseph Brostar posted:

Luffy will fight Zoro for the right to.
It'll be very close but Luffy will barely edge out a win.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

KoB posted:

Especially when the Strawhats already have a reason to stomp Blackbeard's poo poo and you can show that theyre strong by being tough opponents for the SHs.

you need to up the stakes for the final villain.

id toxx it but sa will prbably cease to exist before we ever get to fight blackbeard lol

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Soooo apparently Dellinger grew a shark fin when he attacked Blue Gilly, what's up with that?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Look at those horns. Fighting Fish Zoan

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Broseph Brostar posted:

Shanks lost an arm. Seeing as Mihawk is the go to standard of Swordsman rules, that seems to exempt him from the usual swordsmen must fight Zoro bylaws.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Usopp has to meet his dad

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Terror Sweat posted:

yes, and he doesnt need to fight his dad to do that!!!

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Broseph Brostar posted:

Zoro needs to fight Mihawk, and since Mihawk won't even humor Shanks with a fight I don't think it's likely Zoro would want to fight him either.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

yes, and he doesnt need to fight his dad to do that!!!

He probably does have to fight his dad for leaving him and his mother alone and never coming back even when she was on her deathbed.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Terror Sweat posted:

You know, for all the lies and tall tales Usopp has come up with (and later discovered to be actually true), I've noticed that he never has used Yasopp's notoriety to his advantage. It's a bit of nice touch that despite being a gigantic coward, Usopp has never once been tempted to take the easy route and announce he is Yasopp's son to the surrounding world. Usopp, in his own crazy way, has reached his bounty and infamy on his own terms without needing to use his famous father to help his credibility. Having the two meet down the line is going to be an interesting showdown, if only because Usopp can genuinely admit that despite his attitude, he got to where he is on his own.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

AradoBalanga posted:

You know, for all the lies and tall tales Usopp has come up with (and later discovered to be actually true), I've noticed that he never has used Yasopp's notoriety to his advantage. It's a bit of nice touch that despite being a gigantic coward, Usopp has never once been tempted to take the easy route and announce he is Yasopp's son to the surrounding world. Usopp, in his own crazy way, has reached his bounty and infamy on his own terms without needing to use his famous father to help his credibility. Having the two meet down the line is going to be an interesting showdown, if only because Usopp can genuinely admit that despite his attitude, he got to where he is on his own.

this is great because at some point the world is going to find out and realize god usopp is the son of yasopp and go :aaa:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Liar posted:

Is it a Devil Fruit power? It seemed like he was referring to it as being magic. Maybe his power and Miss Goldenweek are somehow related.

People from Wano don't seem to know what devil fruits are, so they just think of it as magic. Miss Goldenweek's power was a form of hypnotism.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

oddium posted:

Look at those horns. Fighting Fish Zoan

He's got a fighting fish on his hat too.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I doubt the crew on the Sunny will get captured by Big Mom, they're off to get Law's crew and no way are we being deprived more Bepo! That is unless Bepo takes on Pekoms in a sort of Animals who shouldn't really be talking or kung fu fighting but are match.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

this is great because at some point the world is going to find out and realize god usopp is the son of yasopp and go :aaa:

Then Usopp is declared a true Warrior of the Sea by his dad, manly tears ensue. Dream accomplished.

Petiso posted:

Soooo apparently Dellinger grew a shark fin when he attacked Blue Gilly, what's up with that?

Holy poo poo, I didn't notice that. :aaaaa: Nice catch.

I wonder if a fish-zoan would somehow circumvent the no-seawater rule....

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 26, 2014

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TheRamblingSoul posted:

Then Usopp is declared a true Warrior of the Sea by his dad, manly tears ensue. Dream accomplished.

He can swim in fresh water ponds and medium lakes, but not great lakes or rivers that flow into the ocean.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Followed by a bunch of "Well, THAT explains those insane feats of marksmanship he pulled off" comments.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what if usopps surname actually IS god

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm mad that that punk Bellamy got to the New World. Screw that tool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm mad that that punk Bellamy got to the New World. Screw that tool.

Bellamy has actually been pretty cool.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TheRamblingSoul posted:

He probably couldn't swim but he could breathe water

Gyges posted:

He can swim in fresh water ponds and medium lakes, but not great lakes or rivers that flow into the ocean.

All standing water is the sea, even freshwater.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

We know Shanks uses a sword, but I can't really see him as a proper swordsman, that is, as someone who devouts his life to the way of the sword like Zoro or Mihawk.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Petiso posted:

We know Shanks uses a sword, but I can't really see him as a proper swordsman, that is, as someone who devouts his life to the way of the sword like Zoro or Mihawk.

He may not have devoted his life to it, but he was Mihawk's personal rival up until Shanks lost his arm, which was when Mihawk decided that even if he beat Shanks, it'd be a hollow victory.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You know, if we get a bounty boost after this, I really hope Usopp gets second place. I can almost see his face in front of me right now and it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Terper posted:

You know, if we get a bounty boost after this, I really hope Usopp gets second place. I can almost see his face in front of me right now and it's hilarious.

I really want him and Buggy to fight each other and do pitifully but since they're both so weak it'll seem like a knockdown fight where Usopp only just wins and both groups of followers think they're still amazing and then Buggy joins the Straw Hat Alliance and oh wait how did my fanfic get here

• Locked thread