Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Phoenix is a big guy isn't he? That would be an intimidating Strange.

Oh he's actually not. Huh. Hollywood magic strikes again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

And so we can assume that when Ultron goes rogue, JARVIS is inserted into a new Stark made suit to join the good guys and prevent Ultron from taking it over.

In the big magazine reveal they stated Ultron creates Vision to prove he can even create life. But obviously by the 3rd act Vision will become a friendly, that's his story.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's crazy how almost every top notch AAA movie star is playing a superhero. Of course a couple of them are AAA because of superhero movies, but if you are a hot property, they're coming after you for a Marvel or DC flick.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

zoux posted:

It's crazy how almost every top notch AAA movie star is playing a superhero. Of course a couple of them are AAA because of superhero movies, but if you are a hot property, they're coming after you for a Marvel or DC flick.

Uh...are you crazy?

Here's the list of the top ten:

quote:

1. Robert Downey Jr $75m
2. Dwayne Johnson $52m
3. Bradley Cooper $46m
4. Leonardo DiCaprio $39m
5. Chris Hemsworth $37m
6. Liam Neeson $36m
7. Ben Affleck $35m
8. Christian Bale $35m
9. Will Smith $32m
10. Mark Wahlberg $32m
While 6 of those names are going to be in upcoming superhero movies, the only ones who were recently grabbed to be superheroes BECAUSE they were a huge draw are The Rock and Ben Affleck, and that's for the same movie.

RDJ and Hemsworth are both big big money BECAUSE of the superhero films, and were likely rather inexpensive for their first superhero films (for action movie stars).

And that doesn't include the fact that Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, and a number of others aren't really doing them, and they've opted for people like Batista for roles that could have gone to larger stars.

The pattern you're noticing is more "a lot of summer blockbusters are now superhero related".

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Chris Pratt for Kenshiro.

Or rather, Chris Pratt is thirty-six caliber years old.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

theflyingorc posted:

Uh...are you crazy?

Here's the list of the top ten:

While 6 of those names are going to be in upcoming superhero movies, the only ones who were recently grabbed to be superheroes BECAUSE they were a huge draw are The Rock and Ben Affleck, and that's for the same movie.

RDJ and Hemsworth are both big big money BECAUSE of the superhero films, and were likely rather inexpensive for their first superhero films (for action movie stars).

And that doesn't include the fact that Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, and a number of others aren't really doing them, and they've opted for people like Batista for roles that could have gone to larger stars.

The pattern you're noticing is more "a lot of summer blockbusters are now superhero related".

As far as the Rock goes he has been trying to get DC to let him play John Stewart or Black Adam for years. Also Ben Affleck was Daredevil previous to being Batman.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The world is a lesser place for us missing this clusterfuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9fxWq5qg0

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

greatn posted:

Holy poo poo he would be so good.

Yeah, goddamn. Not casting I would've thought of but it's maybe the best suggestion I've heard so far.

Little Mac posted:

Chris Pratt for Kenshiro.

Or rather, Chris Pratt is thirty-six caliber years old.

Young Chris Pratt has dope taste in comics.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

There are still clusterfucks to come though as eventually Ant-Man is just going to be 90 minutes of a picture of the Marvel logo

quote:

Patrick Wilson, Matt Gerard and Kevin Weisman will no longer appear in Marvel's Ant-Man.

The project has been in a state of flux after the abrupt exit of director Edgar Wright in May due to creative differences. A source tells THR that the trio of actors, who were attached to Wright's version, will no longer appear in the film. Wilson's exit is being blamed on scheduling conflicts.

Marvel, which will hit Hall H on Saturday, hired Peyton Reed to replace Wright in early June.
Paul Rudd is attached to star in the superhero project, with Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly also signed on.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hahaha, oh man. This poo poo sounds like such a nightmare.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Goddamn, just cancel that poo poo. No one wants an Ant-Man movie to begin with.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Hakkesshu posted:

I did! But primarily because Wright was directing.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Hakkesshu posted:

They really should can it, I'm surprised they haven't considering their emphasis on "The Brand" which a cluster gently caress like Ant-man seems to be becoming could really hurt.

Plus they are never going to lose the ant-man hit his wife blow back even if it's not Pym, even if it's a sentient ant controlling a suit made of other ants.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Isn't Ant-Man slated for 2015? They're not seriously going to try to hit that after all this bullshit, are they?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

theflyingorc posted:

I did! But primarily because Wright was directing.

Yeah, the original take on Ant man that Wright, Pegg, and Frost spitballed up in 2007 sounded awesome. Now, I can pass.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Veotax posted:

Isn't Ant-Man slated for 2015? They're not seriously going to try to hit that after all this bullshit, are they?

Yeah 17th of July so less than a year now.

Marvel could have done a Black Widow film, a Black Panther film, a Captain Marvel film but instead we have an Ant Man film that the crew keep leaving and is devoid of Ultron, the only thing other than domestic abuse that Ant Man has done.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

There are still clusterfucks to come though as eventually Ant-Man is just going to be 90 minutes of a picture of the Marvel logo

That would still probably make $200 mil.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

There are still clusterfucks to come though as eventually Ant-Man is just going to be 90 minutes 130 minutes of a picture of the Marvel logo

Fixed that for you, by the way.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Nothing concrete yet, but it sounds like WB wants Chris Terrio to write the Justice League film as well as BvS. I am fully in support of WB's plan to quietly remove Goyer off the franchise.

Re: Ant Man, I have no idea how the gently caress this film is going to be completed on time without being a massive trainwreck. The film is supposed to be in theaters less than a year from now and it doesn't even sound like they've finalized a script, let alone started shooting.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don't see how that movie doesn't get delayed, at minimum.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah 17th of July so less than a year now.

Marvel could have done a Black Widow film, a Black Panther film, a Captain Marvel film but instead we have an Ant Man film that the crew keep leaving and is devoid of Ultron, the only thing other than domestic abuse that Ant Man has done.

To be fair he also moaned about his wifes death a bunch of times, but yea, I'm of the mind to just scrap it, say "sorry everybody!" and make something more timely and popular.

I mean, it confuses me when I see lists of possible marvel projects fulled with obscure characters and teams that have been dormant for years. Guardians at least is a ongoing and was at least known to people who have been comic readers.

Really, replacing Ant Man with a major female hero film would completely over ride "Marvel fails finally!" headlines and "Marvel replaces woman beating super hero with female hero movie!"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

twistedmentat posted:

I mean, it confuses me when I see lists of possible marvel projects fulled with obscure characters and teams that have been dormant for years. Guardians at least is a ongoing and was at least known to people who have been comic readers.

The current Guardians ongoing didn't happen until way after the movie was announced.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

WickedHate posted:

The current Guardians ongoing didn't happen until way after the movie was announced.

The L&A run wasn't that long ago

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Just... hire back Edgar Wright?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Little Mac posted:

Just... hire back Edgar Wright?

Seriously. He seems like a nice guy, just apologize and give him a bunch of money.

tut
Nov 4, 2004

The two guys that aren't Patrick Wilson left because they were written out of the new script. Wilson left because the production delay caused a conflict in his schedule. This doesn't sound much like more sky is falling stuff.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's not. Also remember how First Class was rushed and everyone was predicting it to be a disaster and it was actually really good? How Iron Man was filmed without a script?

It'll be fine.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Really good?

Eh.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
http://gunshowcomic.com/648

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Rumor has it that Gerard and Weisman's characters were written out and Wilson had to drop out because of the delay in scheduling. Who knows if that's just Marvel just trying to play fake rumor spin.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd rather save Wilson for a bigger and better role anyways. He would have been a great hawkeye

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Opopanax posted:

I'd rather save Wilson for a bigger and better role anyways. He would have been a great hawkeye

He woulda been a great Hank Pym

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

The L&A run wasn't that long ago

Yea, that's what I was thinking of, and Drax and Gamora had been around in Cosmic marvel since at least the early 80s.

Oh man, I'd love it if in the film they have to find some clothes and Drax puts on his little cap and cape. He also needs to call Thanos "purple man".

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

teagone posted:

His face looks kind of wonky.

"Director Fury, I just poo poo my pants."

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
someone just linked this to me I dont know how legit it is.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
No on the Civil War, no on the Black Panther, so no to all of it just about.

I wish we could get Hickman's entire Avengers run on New Avengers and Infinity. That would be AMAZING. Sigh.

I'd settle for Civil War -> Secret Invasion -> Dark Reign -> Siege.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 26, 2014

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

That's fan made, I've seen it floating around before with different dates

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm gonna go with super fake.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gatts posted:

No on the Civil War, no on the Black Panther, so no to all of it just about.

I wish we could get Hickman's entire Avengers run on New Avengers and Infinity. That would be AMAZING. Sigh.

I'd settle for Civil War -> Secret Invasion -> Dark Reign -> Siege.

Who'd replace Norman Osborn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Also no blockbuster superhero film would have an ö in its subtitle, c'mon.

• Locked thread