Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I guess I just figured that if that somehow is Zimmy this chapter would actually be about whatever the gently caress happened to get to this point and not about the cruise at all.

Not that they'd go "welp, glad that huge giant thing got all straightened out and BTW Zimmy <3 Jack 4eva. Yay we're on a boat!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Nihilarian posted:

It might be that she looks almost nothing like her, or maybe that even though she's only been in a single panel it's already apparent that she doesn't really act like her,
except she hasn't really done anything yet and it very easily could actually be her?

She doesn't need to have solved all her problems to be clinging on jack I don't know why that's an assumption many people are making.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

IronicDongz posted:

She doesn't need to have solved all her problems to be clinging on jack I don't know why that's an assumption many people are making.

Not having black gunk in her eyes and not being with Gamma and not looking like the walking dead and generally looking happy about the whole of her existence kinda gives off that impression

\/ He's down to one

Rasamune fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 25, 2014

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Rasamune posted:

It comes down to the fact that "Zimmy solved all of her major myriad character problems off-screen, cleaned up her appearance and hooked up with the boy who repulsed her" not only comes out of nowhere, but is also dumb and terrible; whereas "Jack couldn't score with Zimmy or Annie so now he's dating a girl who kinda looks like a blend of them both" not only follows from the story so far, but is also loving funny.

I think it's less "embarrassed" and more "every time I interact with this guy I end up feeling like poo poo, please just go away"

I agree with both of these, although if it is Zimmy (as the bottom text implies) then we're probably in for an interesting story, so that's nice.

And in all fairness, I don't think any goth girl is entirely problem free. :v:

I just noticed that Jack is missing the spider fangs in his hair.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Is this thread trolling me.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I feel like a dumb fan-theorist but I'm starting to get a feeling that it really is Zimmy. The facial features (sans eye and skin color) are quite similar to those in chapter 38 and storywise it would be an interesting move. She's been extremely enigmatic character (even by GC standards) so this kind of twist wouldn't be completely out of place.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Dr Strangepants posted:

That's because it's obviously not Jack.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

I wouldn't think it was Zimmy at all if the bottom text said "This guy??"

I hope it's not.

Tendales posted:

That's because it's obviously not Jack.

Oh yeah, it's Eglamore.

Dr Strangepants fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 25, 2014

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
It's a shame we'll all have to wait until the unattainable faraway futuristic land of Monday to find out.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Ironic Twist posted:

It's a shame we'll all have to wait until the unattainable faraway futuristic land of Monday to find out.

Monday will cut to when the ship hits an iceberg, and this mystery girl will die, never to be mentioned again.

Other option: It's Zimmy's twin sister.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

She looks nothing like Zimmy!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Maybe oceans have an even bigger effect on her than rain.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

"Hello Antimony, have I shown you my realistic humanoid android modeled off Zimmy (but totally hot)(iamnotacreep)?"
\
:q:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
gonna laugh when it's zimmy

THE LINE IS DRAWN

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Meowjesty posted:

It's not Zimmy you GIGANTIC GOONS.

Shaveitoffjack.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Warmachine posted:

Shaveitoffjack.

I'm screaming irl.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Captain Oblivious posted:

I could be misremembering, but I was thinking of one of the more recent instances of Zimmy in the rain. It's hard to compare that older art, for me.

If you are thinking about this and the following pages then I still would have to say what I said before: The markings emphasize the gunk that would be left on her cheeks. There is very little of anything like eyeliner beneath her eyes. And when other people are feeling the effects of her illusions, they get dark circles under their eyes, which also doesn't look like eyeliner.

Also, seriously, Zimmy has red eyes and this girl doesn't. This should be enough. The only reason we know she has red eyes is because we can only see them when her powers are subdued.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

maybe she got contacts

makes u think

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

a medical mystery posted:

"Hello Antimony, have I shown you my realistic humanoid android modeled off Zimmy (but totally hot)(iamnotacreep)?"
\
:q:

This is what I was thinking. Bonus in that it'd probably infuriate Kat that someone beat her to completely humanoid robots.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Potsticker posted:

maybe she got contacts

makes u think

Occam's razor :argh:

...Yeah I'm done though. :thejoke: and all that. Monday can't come soon enough.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
Tom, you magnificent troll. You have created Schrödinger's Zimmy. On a Friday, of course.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

It's actually Coyote.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Alien Arcana posted:

Tom, you magnificent troll. You have created Schrödinger's Zimmy. On a Friday, of course.

I imagine Tom opens up this thread sometimes, reads the responses, sighs, then closes the browser tab.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chard posted:

It's actually Coyote.

Both of them?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

RZApublican posted:

Both of them?

No, the boat. Duh!

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Dr Strangepants posted:

Scratch that, the sideburn completes it!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

How old are they now? Jack never struck me as being old enough for patchy, terrible facial hair yet.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Red Bones posted:

How old are they now? Jack never struck me as being old enough for patchy, terrible facial hair yet.

I think they're at the end of year 9 so they should be 14?

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.
Huh. I thought it was Zimmy at first too. Guess he's got a type.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It doesn't really look much like Zimmy. Just some goth girl he seems to have started dating.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Was it ever confirmed that he was attracted to Zimmy as a residual effect of the ghost-spiders possessing him? Is dating an ersatz Zimmy his way of dealing with the leftover compulsions from his possession? His hair still has one spider-fang shaped bang after all.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tupperwarez posted:

Was it ever confirmed that he was attracted to Zimmy as a residual effect of the ghost-spiders possessing him? Is dating an ersatz Zimmy his way of dealing with the leftover compulsions from his possession? His hair still has one spider-fang shaped bang after all.

He said so himself, yeah.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

That girl does sort of look like she'd respond well to "MY HEAD SPIDERS SAY WE SHOULD BE TOGETHER."

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

SirSamVimes posted:

It doesn't really look much like Zimmy. Just some goth girl he seems to have started dating.
Yeah seriously, if anything she looks like a goth Annie.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Parts Kit posted:

Yeah seriously, if anything she looks like a goth Annie.

Mystery solved. It is clearly Annie after dying her hair. Here is an artist's rendition for comparison

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Clearly this is the chapter in which Annie goes goth, Kat gets goth because her best friend is doing it and Paz starts dressing all gothy because her girlfriend is doing it. Tom announces his comic is now being sold in Hot Topic. Sales triple.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Clearly this is the chapter in which Annie goes goth, Kat gets goth because her best friend is doing it and Paz starts dressing all gothy because her girlfriend is doing it. Tom announces his comic is now being sold in Hot Topic. Sales triple.

Isn't that pretty much what the Homestuck guy did?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't that pretty much what the Homestuck guy did?

Nah that guy made a $2 Million kickstarter then stopped making the comic. The Aaron Diaz approach, I believe.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah that guy made a $2 Million kickstarter then stopped making the comic. The Aaron Diaz approach, I believe.

It was two million dollars to make a video game based on the comic, which is what he's doing now instead of finishing the comic. People basically dumped a truckload of money into his lap, and now they're getting mad that he's working on what they paid for instead of finishing the webcomic he didn't ask a dime for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cabbit posted:

It was two million dollars to make a video game based on the comic, which is what he's doing now instead of finishing the comic. People basically dumped a truckload of money into his lap, and now they're getting mad that he's working on what they paid for instead of finishing the webcomic he didn't ask a dime for.

The best part about making fun of Homestuck is that someone always immediately jumps in to defend it.

Dude it was a joke.