Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Space-Pope posted:

joss wheden-isms

ive only seen one joss whedon show and i only remember bits of it what does this even mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gus Hobbleton posted:

ive only seen one joss whedon show and i only remember bits of it what does this even mean?

every character talks in sarcastic quips

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster posted:

every character talks in sarcastic quips

oh like gilmore girls? because that was the more popular show you should just call it gilmoreisms so people know what you mean

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh like gilmore girls? because that was the more popular show you should just call it gilmoreisms so people know what you mean

yeah joss whedon is gilmore girls for nerds where everyone talks in quips and way too fast compared to normal folks

and for some reason people speak chinese despite there not being a single chinese person in the cast, even as an extra

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idont think people talked gilmore girls fast in whedon shows. firefly really is not very good but there are some way pretty ladies on it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

idont think people talked gilmore girls fast in whedon shows. firefly really is not very good but there are some way pretty ladies on it

jewel staite looks way better with a little extra on her and morena baccarin is more bangin with hidden alien reptile skin and short hair

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*says a joke* *laughs at own joke*

thats joss whedon .txt right there i hate him so much

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

I get it now, the key to a good shoot'em-up is to have a lot of bullets on screen and making the game play at 2x the normal speed

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNJMCZvzM2E

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
guys i need a game to waste my massive amounts of free time in, dota is too aggrivating and wow is old. what do i do!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

donkey kong doing some interpretive drums displaying how my posts are made

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

guys i need a game to waste my massive amounts of free time in, dota is too aggrivating and wow is old. what do i do!

look up the long list of free to play games, once you've tried and hated every single one of them, you will be dead.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

paradox games on sale this weekend on the humble store https://www.humblebundle.com/store

eu4, ck2, and victoria2 can all waste hundreds of hours

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Gus Hobbleton posted:

basically not so much fast as tip-of-the-tongue searching-for-words "witticisms" that pass for wit

like a world-ending macguffin being referred to as "the thing with the things"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

jewel staite looks way better with a little extra on her and morena baccarin is more bangin with hidden alien reptile skin and short hair

v was really bad and I blame her short hair. I don't like short hair

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Shaggar posted:

v was really bad and I blame her short hair. I don't like short hair

We are now enemies.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Current Dead Space 3 status: The "Optional Missions" are really stupid and later ones are placed at :psyduck: timings in the plot.

Like, there's a ticking time bomb scenario playing out and the game plops this sidequest elevator in the middle of an intense chase sequence that's like "well yeah I know we're almost to the climax of the plot here but wanna go solve a puzzle or two, shoot some mans, and read some ancillary plot details??"

Also gently caress the guy who designed the climbing sequences in every orifice

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also encountered a bug where I doubled back through an area and got a radio call from a character that had just died in a cut scene

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
haven't been back to duna since installing the cloud mod :staredog:

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!

Pinterest Mom posted:

eu4, ck2, and victoria2 can all waste hundreds of hours
i started eu4 and have no clue what im doing

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

zonar posted:

try declaring war on someone

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I just bought Divinity OS because a game of dota made me sad

this is my version of crying into a carton of ice cream

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

zonar posted:

don't play england

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Nanomashoes posted:

I just bought Divinity OS because a game of dota made me sad

this is my version of crying into a carton of ice cream

sorry

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

don't play england

quigs

where u been

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Panty Saluter posted:

quigs

where u been

rhode island on vacation

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

currently eating clam chowder and drinking shandy

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

some games your team possesses all the abilities and faculties needed to win and then they decide not to :sigh:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

currently eating clam chowder and drinking shandy

:hellyeah:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I know a guy from Rhode Island and he gets very upset that nobody knows anything about or cares about his state.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Nanomashoes posted:

I know a guy from Rhode Island and he gets very upset that nobody knows anything about or cares about his state.

they have the best frozen lemonade, also they are nice people. wish I wasn't leaving tomorrow :(

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Nanomashoes posted:

i spent a decent amount of my childhood in rhode island and while its an ok place i can see why you wouldnt bother knowing anything about it

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
now i want a proper bagel but im in texas dammit

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

they have the best frozen lemonade, also they are nice people. wish I wasn't leaving tomorrow :(

frozen lemonade is good and that poo poo was all over the place when i was growing up

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Panty Saluter posted:

i spent a decent amount of my childhood in rhode island and while its an ok place i can see why you wouldnt bother knowing anything about it

I know a good deal about it historically but after like 1800 stuff sorta just stops happening there.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Panty Saluter posted:

quigs

where u been
srs

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

im sorry sex parrot. ill post post post again come monday

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
hi quiggy we missed u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
welp finished dead space 3, ending was as dumb as I possibly could have imagined and the contrived scavenging/weapon-mod/suit poo poo was so obviously shoved in at the last minute it resulted in possibly the dumbest "prepare for the last boss" thing I've seen in gaming

• Locked thread