Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Hat Thoughts posted:

If all we currently know about it is the cast, why assume otherwise.

Well, we also know it's a reboot being made by the same studio who made the previous two movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Jamesman posted:

Well, we also know it's a reboot being made by the same studio who made the previous two movies.

Being made by the director of Chronicle is a decent sign that it might be better than the one from the director of the Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon vehicle Taxi.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

GonSmithe posted:

Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara, and Miles Teller are all good actors?

Plus the director of Chronicle, and the comic fans getting up in arms about the race of a fictional character. It has to be good to spite them.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Away all Goats posted:

Isn't there rumors that one of the team bites it in this movie? If so, I can totally see Hawkeye being the one. He's had the least amount of film time and probably the weakest member of the team. At least Widow has those electronics-disabling tech

They should have Nick Fury bite it for real and be replaced by his son played by David Hasselhoff. Or have Coulson die dramatically again but not even be absent from Agents of Shield with no explanation.

Unless they're somehow so ballsy they're going to have Thor go out of action and straight up have the female Thor iteration they just announced in the comics be the one in Thor 3/etc.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jamesman posted:

This is my primary concern. I really really don't like any of the Fox-made Marvel movies and while I'm not going to say I know for a fact the FF reboot will be bad I don't see any reason to assume it'll be good either. Plenty of duds have been made by good actors and directors who just aren't right for the material they're given, and forgive me but loads of young people and the director or "realistic American Akira" aren't the people I'd match up to a franchise that should be light, fun, goofy, and about a 60s-style nuclear family that travels to other dimensions for kicks. I could be wrong, hell I hope I'm wrong, but I also don't think I should start wanking it to this movie just because it pissed some racists off.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The Vision, a.k.a. that guy nobody knew when he was in the Avengers beat-em-up game from 20 years ago

What are the chances all this focus on Ultron is just a ruse, and the real threat is Red Skull building a giant laser on the moon?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I will only be happy if the Tick shows up and Chair face Chippendale is the villain. Lasers, moon....that stuff.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

CelticPredator posted:

the comic fans getting up in arms about the race of a fictional character. It has to be good to spite them.

It does, doesn't it? I mean, what kind of movie would alienate a big portion of their built-in audience by casting someone so incompatible for the role unless they were absolutely, 100% sure it would improve the overall end product and bring in more casual viewers as a result?

:negative:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Irish Joe posted:

It does, doesn't it? I mean, what kind of movie would alienate a big portion of their built-in audience by casting someone so incompatible for the role unless they were absolutely, 100% sure it would improve the overall end product and bring in more casual viewers as a result?

:negative:

I don't get it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Tell us more about how the actors are "incompatible" with the role because they aren't white

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that a black guy is probably not the best person to ask to play a white woman's brother. Imagine if the reverse were true and you had Dame Edna playing Tyler Perry's sister in the next Medea film. It just doesn't make sense.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Irish Joe posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that a black guy is probably not the best person to ask to play a white woman's brother. Imagine if the reverse were true and you had Dame Edna playing Tyler Perry's sister in the next Medea film. It just doesn't make sense.

This is a joke. Everyone laugh.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Irish Joe posted:

Aren't both of the Storm siblings being played by black actors?

Also have you actually never heard of mixed race families?

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Irish Joe posted:

"Like a real sister, or...a street sister?"

"...both."

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Irish Joe posted:

Pretty much, and script writers should be forced to watch it to know what not to do when writing superhero movies with female leads. Hint: just because a movie stars a chick doesn't mean the primary audience is other chicks. Men like superheroes and drive superhero film sales, so its a good idea to not make superheroes films about evil make-up companies, villainous fashion designers or fascist sewing circles.

Irish Joe posted:

Hey everybody I'm starting to think he might be a troll. :ssh:

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Travis343 posted:

Aren't both of the Storm siblings being played by black actors?

Also have you actually never heard of mixed race families?

I don't think Kate Mara is going to be going the Zwarte Piet route.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Xeremides posted:

I don't think Kate Mara is going to be going the Zwarte Piet route.

I did not know the name of the actress playing Sue Storm and now that I do I still have no idea who that actress is or what she looks like.

From context I can decipher that she's not black but who cares.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Travis343 posted:

I did not know the name of the actress playing Sue Storm and now that I do I still have no idea who that actress is or what she looks like.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Imagine if the reverse were true and you had Dame Edna playing Tyler Perry's sister in the next Medea film.
I would watch that movie so many times the loving digital file would wear through.

Travis343 posted:

Tell us more about how the actors are "incompatible" with the role because they aren't white
Actually, given how they tried their level best to make her white for those films....

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Travis343 posted:

Nerds. Some international markets. People that care about money lost alienating nerds and international markets.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Dame Edna being Madea's sister sounds like Silver Streak. Make it Artie Lange's "White Momma" and I'm there opening day.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

It's done!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
fuckin finaly..... now i can jerk off at last.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
No way in hell Marvell's gonna be pulling that IP into Avengers. Fan art?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

R-Type posted:

What IP?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

R-Type posted:

What are you talking about?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I think he's confused by the presence of Quicksilver and not-Magneto hovering above.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That's The Vision.

Easily mistaken for Magneto from a distance though.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman from the WB panel.

:dance:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

teagone posted:

Excuse me Marvel, we have a game changer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

It'll be a game changer when she gets her own movie, and isn't just a cameo. But it looks awesome.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

teagone posted:

Sweet. Looking forward to this.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Not muscly enough. She ought to be Hugh Jackman-sized.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Never had a doubt Gal Gadot would look amazing as Wonder Woman. Costume design is spot on, in my opinion. Good stuff. So stoked.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh god she's wearing heels. :can: OH GOD SHE'S WEARING HEELS!. :can:

I don't know, I'd be more impressed by the costume overall if it didn't look on par with the better cosplays of the last 5 years. It's like, "great, you made a passable Wonder Woman. Why do we have to give you a loving cookie for not screwing up?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I'm not sure how this is a game changer in any way. She doesn't even get her name in the title of the drat movie. At least Black Widow is actually part of The Avengers.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
At best she will on the same level as Black Widow, and i don't trust WB not turn her into a joke. That being said while i was never a big DC or Wonder Woman fan, that doesn't look half bad.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
My first reaction was that it looked really drat good. Then I noticed the heels which was, ehhhhh, I'll live. Also it's fairly dour and desaturated; that lasso looks like any plain ol' rope, but that's Snyder for you. But also I noticed that they didn't put a single star on her anywhere. Not a single one? Well they did remove Superman's underwear and belt entirely, so on that scale she got off light.

But yeah, definitely a bittersweet moment. The good definitely outweighs the bad, to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My biggest problem with the heels isn't that they exist but that they're so comically huge. In a shot like that it really has the opposite intended effect and makes her look smaller, not larger.

It'll probably be fine in the film where she isn't getting a bunch of full-body shots but in a shot like that it just looks silly.

• Locked thread