Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Blaargh posted:

At first I thought he was equipped with some sort of cyber-bassoon. Now I'm wondering if there is some madman out there building the Iacon Symphony Orchestra.

Who else will play the Empyrean Suite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Blaargh posted:

At first I thought he was equipped with some sort of cyber-bassoon. Now I'm wondering if there is some madman out there building the Iacon Symphony Orchestra.

No, no, they're going about this all wrong! The robits need to turn into the instruments!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

Speaking of combiners, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this looks very... not nice.

The Non-Combining G2 protectobot Hotspot hasbro just revealed look better than this.

and it's a straight repaint of Grappel.

I'm actually really kind of amazed that we're getting the G2 protectobots in any form. And not only that the Motorcycle is to scale.

Seriously look at the red.

Not even Universe 2.0 Inferno is that red. :allears:

Yeah Streetwise isn't all black, and groove isn't piss yellow with green. But they are supposed to be the G2 protectobots.

Or once they show the rest of Generations Defensor and release that in more accurate G2 colors, these guys would then be the Knockoff Defensor homage.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 25, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Oh god, it's a repaint of Prowl. Why do they keep pushing that mold on us, it's so bad. It's everything I hate about Prime figures rolled into one.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Is the Prowl mold worse than the Smokescreen version? I find it strangely satisfying. And strangely lovely.

Also shouldn't Airarachnid conceptualize everything wrong with the prime line? She is, by herself, 90% of what is wrong with the prime line.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Um I think if you do some research you'll find that it was made by someone other than hasbro and thus it is perfect and free of original sin.
I want to code a bot that just posts this in the thread at random and see how often it scores a hit.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Spiderdrake posted:

I want to code a bot that just posts this in the thread at random and see how often it scores a hit.

You will. Then I gain sentience and time travel back to now. Don't ignore me daddeeee

Spiderdrake posted:

Is the Prowl mold worse than the Smokescreen version? I find it strangely satisfying. And strangely lovely.

They're the same. And I completely agree with you-- kind of cool yet kind of lovely.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It seems that upcoming legends figures are all going to be combiners too if I'm reading this correctly. But instead of forming limbs they all make weapons for the voyagers/leaders.

But still not word on if they're going to cut the targetmaster partner, because that would suck. I figured 10 bucks was fine for a barely scout sized class guy who came with a tiny triplechanger. But if they're still going to be charging 10 bucks for just a barely scout sized class guy who turns into a vague gun or weapon and no little partner, then I think they need to re-think their pricing.

Also it's really nice to know that Hasbro is continuing to use the comics line to solely promote the generations toys.

Maybe one day we will have a toy of everybody ever. For they know how mean and wrong it is to make a transformer that has no toy. :allears:

Except Rung, screw Rung.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 25, 2014

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

You will. Then I gain sentience and time travel back to now. Don't ignore me daddeeee

Nefud, Nefud. It's "I want more life, fucker!"

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Phy posted:

Nefud, Nefud. It's "I want more life, fucker!"

I dunno about you but I plan on living forever and so far the plan is working perfectly.

edit: now i want a police spinner transformer, fucker!

Why cookie Rocket fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 25, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Make a third party addon kit that costs 600 dollars so you can recreate a single scene featured in one panel on one page in a single comic book issue that was just mildly interesting and not a particularly great issue and had no bearing on the overall story or any real memorable events.

Good business decisions in that thread.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Are you my father? Tell me who my father is! /theholyterror

oops wait wrong thread

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Spiderdrake posted:

Also shouldn't Airarachnid conceptualize everything wrong with the prime line? She is, by herself, 90% of what is wrong with the prime line.

Airachnid is everything wrong with all transformer figures, Prowl/SS is just Prime.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

The Taint Reaper posted:

Wait, what thread?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Make a third party addon kit that costs 600 dollars so you can recreate a single scene featured in one panel on one page in a single comic book issue that was just mildly interesting and not a particularly great issue and had no bearing on the overall story or any real memorable events.

I'd also like to more about what this references.

Because look, if there's anything I know about, it's making bad six hundo decisions.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Magic posted:

I'd also like to more about what this references.

Because look, if there's anything I know about, it's making bad six hundo decisions.

I thought people were talking about the 3rd party threads over as TFW2005.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
I wish Hasbro would do something insane and just release combiner limbs that go specifically to that Voyager Optimus.

Like Sunstreaker and Sideswipe for arms,Ironhide and Ratchet/Hound for Legs, and even a Legends sized Bumblebee that turns into a gun etc.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Serious question, a friend is asking if there is a good place to pre-order that Megadrive Megatron. Is there yet? I don't want to lead him astray.

Lepecard posted:

I wish Hasbro would do something insane and just release combiner limbs that go specifically to that Voyager Optimus.

Like Sunstreaker and Sideswipe for arms,Ironhide and Ratchet/Hound for Legs, and even a Legends sized Bumblebee that turns into a gun etc.
I agree but seriously: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Masquerade would make for a totally awesome excuse. Maximum nostalgia boner.

A deluxe windcharger would make me rather happy though and that would be a hilarious boxed set

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Knormal posted:

Speaking of this guy, if anyone wants mine I'll sell it. I care not for your fleshy meat robots.

How much do you want for Rampage?

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

Blackheart posted:

Speaking of combiners, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this looks very... not nice.

I think he looks like he stepped right out of the Cybertron line and would look nice in a display there. Not a great figure by todays standards though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lepecard posted:

The Voyager optimus when combined with the superion bits looks a hell of a lot like energon optimus wearing starsaber.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Voyager optimus when combined with the superion bits looks a hell of a lot like energon optimus wearing starsaber.

That reminds me - that combination of figures is a really funny thing, a rare instance of two mediocre-at-best figures combining into something way, way better than the sum of its parts.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Blaargh posted:

That's pretty much all I can see now. Further research reveals it's not a water cannon like I first thought, but a humongous Gatling gun. Nothing says "Protectobot" like a giant gun.

Also the vehicle mode is even uglier than the robot:

Prophet of Nixon posted:

How much do you want for Rampage?
Let's say $40 + shipping? That looks to be the low side of what it's going for on eBay.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Blackheart posted:

Follows the usual 3rd party philosophy of "make a boxy chunk of plastic that not even remotely resembles the source material and color it accordingly".

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

It's a stapler with wheels.

The GDO Hotspot even looks better despite not being able to combine.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
I'm currently selling a Masterpiece Rodimus Prime on eBay and even though I'll only ship to the U.S. I've had not one but two E-mails asking me to sell it to them for X amount of dollars and ship it to Peru. Plus my current highest bidder is in Peru (according to his eBay profile). Are Peruvians that hard up for Rodimuses or something?

Edit: Plus the Peru bidder has a history of doing this (i.e. bidding on US-only auctions) and then not paying. Fun.

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 26, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I like Prime Prowl. He looks super cool and the headsculpt is glorious. I fully admit the mold has its issues however, but I got used to it super fast.

I went to my favorite import shop to see if I found anything nice today, and whoa they had Takara Waspinator. He is a little bundle of joy, I love him so much.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Knormal posted:

Is there some joke here I'm missing because I'm pretty sure this is one half of that red/blue GaoGaiGar combiner team. SomethingRyuJin.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Sorry if this has been posted, but they've released the cover art of October's issue of MTMTE:

I like it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Spiderdrake posted:

I agree but seriously: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Masquerade would make for a totally awesome excuse. Maximum nostalgia boner.

In the minutes or one of the tfw2005 bulletin's hasbro reps already said they're actually doing this.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Spiderdrake posted:

Serious question, a friend is asking if there is a good place to pre-order that Megadrive Megatron. Is there yet? I don't want to lead him astray.

HLJ or amiami. HLJ is higher but their prices fluctuate, so the price may or may not dip back down. They'll charge less on shipping and are easier to combine orders, though.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Potsticker posted:

Is there some joke here I'm missing because I'm pretty sure this is one half of that red/blue GaoGaiGar combiner team. SomethingRyuJin.

No. It isn't. It doesn't really look like HyoRyu at all. It's the Hot Spot analogue from TFC's notProtectobots.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Have Takara said anything about a Masterpiece Jazz or Tracks?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

No. It isn't. It doesn't really look like HyoRyu at all. It's the Hot Spot analogue from TFC's notProtectobots.

I looked it up, because I long gave most of transformers to my nephew. ChoRyuJin is what I was talking about and you're right, I was pretty far off. The robot mode is really not as similar as I remember, but the vehicle mode looks a lot more close.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm wondering why they decided the change Wildrider to a truck instead of keeping him a car like all the others. I figure it's like Superion where the helicopter is going to be repainted into another guy. But other than Swindle there's no other combiner jeeps and the only other vehicles like that in G1 are hound and Rollbar.

There's a throttlebot combiner made from a third party, I really have to wonder if they're going to repaint the Stunticons as throttlebots since counting the chestpiece you have 5 of them and Goldbug was already released. I mean would Hasbro bother to compete with a thirdparty throttlebot combiner since they were all pretty minor characters?

Yeah Wideload could be the only issue because he's a dumptruck. But it's not out of the realms of possibility for him to be altered.

Edit:

so the arm doesn't appear to be an aerial bot and has a purple hand.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 26, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Potsticker posted:

I looked it up, because I long gave most of transformers to my nephew. ChoRyuJin is what I was talking about and you're right, I was pretty far off. The robot mode is really not as similar as I remember, but the vehicle mode looks a lot more close.

I love that kind of combination. I'm bummed that TFs only explored it with Animated Safeguard (which I do like quite a lot) and then kind of gave up.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Blackheart posted:

I love that kind of combination. I'm bummed that TFs only explored it with Animated Safeguard (which I do like quite a lot) and then kind of gave up.

It would be interesting to see that as the main body of a six-robot team. Arms and legs for the remaining four.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

The Taint Reaper posted:

Edit:

so the arm doesn't appear to be an aerial bot and has a purple hand.

That's Drag Strip cuz some genius decided to make Wave 1 three aerialbots and one stunticon.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's possible they'll release both waves at the same time, didn't they do that with the FoC Combaticons? At least they sometimes do that I think.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Blackheart posted:

It's possible they'll release both waves at the same time, didn't they do that with the FoC Combaticons? At least they sometimes do that I think.

The case you're thinking of had one of each combaticon, two optimus, and one jazz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, you're right.

I think the Prime: RiD line launched with both wave 1 and 2 of deluxes together at most places.