Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
Here's some of my favorites from the last thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jellymouth posted:

Here's some of my favorites from the last thread.

Poor Seymour :smith:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
A buddy of mine at SDCC:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Please tell her that that is amazingly well done and thought through. At first I was under the impression that it was two different outfits before I realized it was going with the movie map and it opened up.

RE: Ezio cosplayer chat. I appreciate that they went for a more dirty white in the costume. It always seems off when people make their own and use glaring white cloth given how much the Assassins in the game run around.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Absolutely goddamn fantastic image order. Oh Pierce, you scamp. :allears:

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

gently caress

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dammit, Deadpool!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Say Nothing posted:

Dammit, Deadpool!

This just happened in Australia ...

quote:

Deadpool arrested on Sydney train: Police alerted to superhero armed with guns, grenades and ninja swords
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...10358583d8446be

quote:

Another five officers, including a sergeant and a constable wearing bulletproof vests, surrounded the man who appeared to have two automatic pistols strapped to his legs; a bandolier of bullets across his chest, grenades hanging from his belt and two samurai swords sticking out of his black bag.

The police eventually told him to keep his fake weapons in his bag while he was on public transport and let him go without charge. :v:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm honestly surprised that doesn't happen more often.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

If I were this guy, this is just how I would dress every day.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Are we sure that it's cosplay, and not a picture of Duke himself?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

mind the walrus posted:

I'm honestly surprised that doesn't happen more often.

We'll see what happens at PAX. Between multiple IEDs, a bandolier of cheap whiskey, at least a dozen grenades, I'm hoping to high hell people realize what's going on downtown.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I'm looking at going to comic con in London in October, with the idea of just soaking it in (my first time) and shooting photos of cosplayers.

Any etiquette , or are most nerds pretty chill? I'm sure they love the attention

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Apparently a whole bunch of people got photos with this Spiderman cosplayer at Comicon today and had no idea it was actually Daniel Radcliffe

Interview

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently a whole bunch of people got photos with this Spiderman cosplayer at Comicon today and had no idea it was actually Daniel Radcliffe

Interview

IT'S ME, VOLDEMORT!

oh son of a bitch!

IT'S ME VOLDEMORT, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG VOLDEMORT!

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009
Apparently Adam Savage likes to do something similar, where he dresses up in a costume that hides his face and tries to see how long he can go before he's recognised. As far as I know, the fans always figure it out :)

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Interview

I'm not sure why I find this so drat cool, but it is.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Reminds me of this story a bit where Jackman went to Comic Con dressed up as Wolverine last year and nobody recognized him. http://www.businessinsider.com/hugh-jackman-wolverine-comic-con-2013-7

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

7thBatallion posted:

We'll see what happens at PAX. Between multiple IEDs, a bandolier of cheap whiskey, at least a dozen grenades, I'm hoping to high hell people realize what's going on downtown.

A few years back I did a police ride along while a fury convention was going on and the police chatter was loving hilarious. Someone in the "know" was explaining to the shift what it was about. I'm pretty sure they could have committed a string of bank robberies and none of those police would have touched them after he explained what they do in their suits.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I heard on the radio that Jack Black went with a storm trooper helmet on. Someone recognized him because of the gut.

Because, you know, Jack Black is the only motherfucker at ComicCon with a gut.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

simosimo posted:

I'm looking at going to comic con in London in October, with the idea of just soaking it in (my first time) and shooting photos of cosplayers.

Any etiquette , or are most nerds pretty chill? I'm sure they love the attention

They love that attention. Most people will willingly stop what they are doing and pose for you but sometimes you'll get somebody who is either tired or didn't want to be pictured. My experience at least people are crazy friendly.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
#justbanethings

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

#justbanethings

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

simosimo posted:

If a cosplayer is eating, leave them alone. If they are in a moving line for a panel or event, leave them alone. Maybe tell them "I love your costume" or something, but getting out of lines for events sucks. If a costume is super involved to get on, be patient while they get it on. Sometimes it can take a few minutes. Try not to do creeper shots I.E. following someone and taking pictures without their permission, especially the women folk. I've had this happen to friends. The only real exception to this is if someone is performing or dancing, or has a massively large costume. Most people in larger costumes tend to stick to one area where people can photograph them whenever they want. An example of that is a guy who was in a 9 ft tall Aku (Samurai Jack) costume at MetroCon. It's pretty much just shoot all you want. Typically if you see someone getting their picture taken, you can just jump in next to the photographer to take a picture and the cosplayer will notice and keep posing for you and how ever many people show up to take their picture. If you see someone in a vendor room, you can ask for photos there too. Most conventions have the vendors room in a large enough space it's easy to find a place to take a picture. It also tends to be a good place to catch cosplayers.

\/\/\/ They are joking but, just to give an idea...At JAFAX, a girl was dressed as the bandage Lelu from Fifth Element, and was like that for a few hours before changing. She was getting harassed too much. A friend has a costume where she can't wear a bra underneath, and she was getting stalked by a lot of guys. Another friend has an I-No costume from Guilty Gear, and she gets creeped on a lot also. MetroCon had to station security on the escalators and around stairs to stop people from taking upskirt shots. Cons are trying harder to stop this stuff, but it's still pretty prevalent. If you see someone being a creepy rear end creeper, report it to someone working the convention.

The Repo Man has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Jul 26, 2014

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Get all of the cleavage shots.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Echoing the rest.

Be a decent person, ask for permission and remember, everyone is there to have fun.

Don't be the person that ruins fun.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Apparently there's a whole bunch of celebrities cosplaying at Comicon this year. This creepy random clown dude:

... was LOTR director Peter Jackson.

Here's Jack Black:

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I feel like they were inspired by Bryan Cranston cosplaying as himself last year.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Angry Walrus posted:

I feel like they were inspired by Bryan Cranston cosplaying as himself last year.

Hugh Jackman done it too, where he cosplayed as Wolverine and no-one recognized him.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

LingcodKilla posted:

A few years back I did a police ride along while a fury convention was going on and the police chatter was loving hilarious. Someone in the "know" was explaining to the shift what it was about. I'm pretty sure they could have committed a string of bank robberies and none of those police would have touched them after he explained what they do in their suits.

I wonder if a full crew could dress as the Payday gang and commit an actual bank robbery, getting the tellers to play along, during a Con weekend in the Con's city and get away with it. No real weapons used, just plastic toys with orange tips.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Must be kinda nice to do that. NPR had some interview with an Indian soap star who moved to the states to live quietly for a while. When he finally returned to acting he did a small role opposite Nicole Kidman. They were shooting a scene and both were recognized by diffrent fans. She asked him if he had many fans and he replied "yes millions (literally)" and she responded "oh that's nice".
Must be nice to go unrecognized from time to time.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
My main cosplay etiquette thing is to try and use common sense where you ask a cosplayer for a photo. I always try not to stop in the middle of hallways and other busy areas so I don't congest traffic and some people get really rude if I tell them I need to move to the side first. It's really annoying! I'm just trying to make sure that people can keep on walking. I totally love doing photos though, I'm a huge ham (in cosplay at least) so it always makes me happy that people like my stuff that much.

Speaking of, my new Warhammer stuff is like 80% done! I have 2.5 weeks until Gencon and then I'll have some new 40k photos for everybody, yay. It's turning out really well, if I do say so myself!

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I'm 8 months late, but I got a few pictures of cosplayers at MAGfest this year.
Cardbordon Freeman:

Sailor Scouts:

And this guy:

He was Link the year before

There was also a pretty sick Bass cosplayer with a full suit and arm cannon, but I only saw her once and didn't get a picture

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Will update with a ton of SDCC pics after the events over, but had to throw a couple of my Constantine pics up here. Really happy with how it went overall. An easy costume, but way underrepresented!

This Zatanna was really nice and wanted a pic. Dunno how she did it because that coat was made of velvety material and it is hot as balls out

Also, this happened:

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

simosimo posted:

MCM? Most cosplayers at that one tend to hang out in the plaza outside posing for photos for most of the weekend, if it isn't chucking it down, of course. Would swear half of them never make it in to the hall.

It is a fun show, enjoy it, and get an advance ticket because the queues can be like 4 hours long on the Saturday.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Another Spider-Man got arrested in Times Square.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Gotta admit, at first I thought you had a pretty decent David Bowie going on.

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009
A friend's boyfriend at SDCC:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

This Zatanna was really nice and wanted a pic. Dunno how she did it because that coat was made of velvety material and it is hot as balls out

I'm jealous of how pretty you both are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

The Electronaut posted:

A friend's boyfriend at SDCC:

BUTTKICKING FOR GOODNESS!

Amazing.

• Locked thread