Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yes that is a channel, your point being?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

IRQ posted:

I find it hard to justify getting a paid prime membership when I can get the free 2 day shipping on a guest prime account. I'm just not aware of Amazon having anything Netflix doesn't aside from some original content I'm not very interested in.

Prime is pretty dope if you don't have HBO go.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

Yes that is a channel, your point being?

Amazon has an exclusive deal with them for the streaming rights to their catalog of shows.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Youtube streams on my PS3 and has several videos of Kate Upton dancing.

Check and mate, Bezos.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

Amazon has an exclusive deal with them for the streaming rights to their catalog of shows.

Oh. I have HBO Go access so.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What loving evil genius at Adult Swim greenlit a multi-cam sitcom starring Jack McBrayer and Triumph, with supporting actress June Squibb?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm sorry, I thought you said that Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog was starring in a liveaction sitcom.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Somebody really needs to make a slasher movie with Jack McBrayer as the killer, like, yesterday.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

I'm sorry, I thought you said that Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog was starring in a liveaction sitcom.

A quick google confirms that's exactly what he said.

quote:

"Jack (McBrayer) is a former child star of a popular Lassie-type series that ran in the ‘80s and ‘90s. After it was cancelled, his crude but beloved co-star (Triumph) spiraled into decadence and got Jack in trouble with him. 15 years later, with Jack finally self-sufficient, happy, and away from show business, Triumph finds his way back into Jack's life."

Mother of God.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sounds like a pretty good show....

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'm pretty sure the lead guy in You're the Worst researched SA to find inspiration for his character.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DivisionPost posted:

I'm pretty sure the lead guy in You're the Worst researched SA to find inspiration for his character.

Does he carry printers for cute girls, or just cum in a vase?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

....for me to poop on!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Does he carry printers for cute girls, or just cum in a vase?

Neither, but his misanthropy is very Goon-like.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

People here seem to always assign attributes to goons, somehow not knowing that it's not 2002 anymore and anything bad about goons is probably 100 times worse among people on the internet in general.

Aren't they at least a decade late to ride on any popularity Triumph might have had?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

A quick google confirms that's exactly what he said.

Mother of God.

Somebody saw the Wiener Circle clip from Conan and got a really good idea.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Deadpool posted:

Somebody saw the Wiener Circle clip from Conan and got a really good idea.

That is literally the clip they showed before the panel.

Also, in other SDCC news, Dan Harmon looks like a loving caveman.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

raditts posted:

People here seem to always assign attributes to goons, somehow not knowing that it's not 2002 anymore and anything bad about goons is probably 100 times worse among people on the internet in general.

Aren't they at least a decade late to ride on any popularity Triumph might have had?

Did you see him at the weiner circle? Him and jack work insanely well together because jack is literally the only person in the whole world who can make triumph look mean when he does his shtick, so they have this very bizarre friendship onscreen

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
And now there is a panel for Mike Tyson Mysteries, complete with the man himself.

What I wouldn't give to watch a conversation between Tyson and Dan Harmon.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yoshifan823 posted:

That is literally the clip they showed before the panel.

Also, in other SDCC news, Dan Harmon looks like a loving caveman.

How is this news to you?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

hollylolly posted:

Does anyone else watch Major Crimes? It's one of those shows that isn't really TVIV material (procedural, crime drama, direct successor to The Closer), but it's consistently great, mainly because of the strength of their characters. Anyway, last week they introduced the Special Operations team of the LAPD led by AndreaLaurie Holden and it was a really good episode.

TNT is doing an online poll with some of it's shows recently called the TV Inner Circle (The Last Ship is one), and there was an extensive poll for Major Crimes today, indicating they're thinking about spinning out another show in the Closer/Major Crimes universe centered on the SO team and possibly getting Jon Tenney's Fritz Howard to lead the team. Which may or may not be a good idea - I'm not confident on Laurie Holden's ability to carry a TV show but her character at least seemed smart and confident (with a tragic past). The SWAT characters they introduced were great, though, including one I'm sure posts in YLLS.

So, um. That's a thing. The end.
So uh Major Crimes is the good one and not MITF (Murder in the First) right?

I get them easily confused.

Which one has more Battlestar Galactica alumni?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Murder in the First is pretty good, I think. A solid throwback-style detective show with a season-long case arc.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Constantine pilot was pretty promising. I completely understand why they recast the female lead, but the replacement doesn't look any better.

Flash pilot is better plotwise, but there's plenty of cringeworthy dialogue and the actor playing The Flash can't hold a candle to the actor playing Constantine. Also, it's weird as hell seeing Danielle Panabaker as a grown woman since the last time I saw her was as a teenager on Shark.

On a related note, I should watch Arrow, right?

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 26, 2014

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

ShakeZula posted:

Murder in the First is pretty good, I think. A solid throwback-style detective show with a season-long case arc.

The worst thing about it to me is probably the two lead detectives and their superiors. It's like the show-makers just can't help making them mary-sues and it's a shame cuz the rest of it is good.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Cardboard Box A posted:

So uh Major Crimes is the good one and not MITF (Murder in the First) right?

I get them easily confused.

Which one has more Battlestar Galactica alumni?

Major Crimes is the one that spun off from The Closer, MitF is a new show and I haven't watched it, but it has Tom Felton from Harry Potter in it. Mary McDonnell is in Major Crimes, though.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Also, it's weird as hell seeing Danielle Panabaker as a grown woman since the last time I saw her was as a teenager on Shark.

On a related note, I should watch Arrow, right?
I think she was in a bunch of stuff either this or the past year. I know she was in the last couple of episodes of Justified. Also yes, watch Arrow. The first season starts kinda slow but at about the halfway point it gets good and then season 2 is just so drat fun. It' better if you like the comics as they throw some references here and there (mostly the names of the streets in the city that reference creators and stuff) but you really don't have to be a comic reader to enjoy the show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

I find it hard to justify getting a paid prime membership when I can get the free 2 day shipping on a guest prime account. I'm just not aware of Amazon having anything Netflix doesn't aside from some original content I'm not very interested in.

The Visitor, man. (Also Hannibal.)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Is there enough interest in FX's The Bridge and Showtime's Ray Donovan to warrant the creation of show threads?

Gonz fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jul 26, 2014

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
likewise, I would like to make threads for ice road truckers and American pickers. any interest?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

Is there enough interest in FX's The Bridge and HBO's Ray Donovan to warrant the creation of show threads?

Ray Donovan is Showtime actually.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Party Plane Jones posted:

Ray Donovan is Showtime actually.

Ah poo poo, that's right. It's late and i'm tired.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
If you want to discuss a show and there's no thread, just go ahead and make a thread. :) {Maybe check the Index of Shows thread first to make sure there's no thread.)

Not everyone reads every post of Couch Chat so just because there's no interest here doesn't mean no one wants to talk about it.

Of course, some shows are so bad that no one wants to talk about it. :D

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Annakie posted:

If you want to discuss a show and there's no thread, just go ahead and make a thread. :) {Maybe check the Index of Shows thread first to make sure there's no thread.)

Not everyone reads every post of Couch Chat so just because there's no interest here doesn't mean no one wants to talk about it.

Of course, some shows are so bad that no one wants to talk about it. :D
Isn't there some thread where OP made lengthy replies but was the only poster in the thread?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gang Related, kinda.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I think I'm gonna make a masters of sex thread, because me and bown know what's up about it being the absolute best

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The most ironic OP

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Gonz posted:

Is there enough interest in FX's The Bridge and Showtime's Ray Donovan to warrant the creation of show threads?

Loving both these shows.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Did The Bridge get back on track in the new season? I really liked the first half of the first season but really hated the last handful of episodes.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I think I'm gonna make a masters of sex thread, because me and bown know what's up about it being the absolute best
I made the season 1 thread and I haven't even finished the season. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Rarity posted:

The most ironic OP

:golfclap:

• Locked thread