Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

smg77 posted:

Did The Bridge get back on track in the new season? I really liked the first half of the first season but really hated the last handful of episodes.

Seriously, that show would've been so much better if the killer had continued to be Zodiac-esque figure. I started checking out when the boring revenge plot was revealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Bown posted:

Gang Related, kinda.

I think he might mean this one:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3600145

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

He might've been thinking of Gang Related because Deadpool earlier made fun of the thread for having no replies (when it had no replies).

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rarity posted:

The most ironic OP

K this was p good

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Vikings season 3 trailer from Comic Con looks :black101: as gently caress.

http://www.digitalwack.com/2014/07/vikings-season-3-trailer-is-out.html

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

On a completely separate note, a most wanted man is the best movie I have seen this year

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

VDay posted:

Vikings season 3 trailer from Comic Con looks :black101: as gently caress.

http://www.digitalwack.com/2014/07/vikings-season-3-trailer-is-out.html

Holy gently caress that looks good. The boat with all of the heads on it. Jesus.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
A five minute preview montage of that Simpsons-Family Guy crossover debuted at Comic Con and was posted online. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect it to be.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/26/simpsons-family-guy-crossover-episode-video/

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

hcreight posted:

A five minute preview montage of that Simpsons-Family Guy crossover debuted at Comic Con and was posted online. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect it to be.

The fact that almost all the gags are The Simpsons ripping on Family Guy for being unoriginal and/or "offensive" is pretty great. This may be the first new episode of The Simpsons I watch in a long time.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The fact that almost all the gags are The Simpsons ripping on Family Guy for being unoriginal and/or "offensive" is pretty great. This may be the first new episode of The Simpsons I watch in a long time.

Despite that, it's technically a Family Guy episode. And that's the feel I get out of it: a Family Guy episode set in Springfield guest starring the Simpsons (and other characters). I will end up watching it to see how it turns out.

And here's the "you're old" part: there are kids born after the first full fledged Simpsons crossover (with The Critic) old enough to buy cigarettes now.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
What shows are there similar to The Booth at the End, understated, one location, dialog-heavy etc?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kraps posted:

What shows are there similar to The Booth at the End, understated, one location, dialog-heavy etc?
The West Wing bottle episodes. :allears:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

hcreight posted:

I dunno, I rather liked that stuff, even with it being pretty chopped up. The animation budget looks like a million bucks (or 10), but it really feels like the writing was a bit more inspired.

Of course, it also seems like they cherry-picked all the really good meta jokes, so if the rest of the episode is boilerplate late Simpsons humor, then it's gonna be a slog.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Some of the Comic Con panels are up

Hannibal (Has spoilers on which characters survived)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkwZHks7VT0

Game of Thrones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgCpkHW1IE

Walking Dead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n7Qdnvb2o8

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Kraps posted:

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

(most episodes anyway)

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mu Zeta posted:

Hannibal (Has spoilers on which characters survived)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkwZHks7VT0

The cosplayers are more horrifying than the actual show.

And of course the second question is about anime :doh:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

...of SCIENCE! posted:

And of course the second question is about anime :doh:
What anime does Hannibal like, being the japanophile that he is and all?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Cardboard Box A posted:

What anime does Hannibal like, being the japanophile that he is and all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87WaaTGf8eY

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

This is now canon.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

hcreight posted:

I like how they take a dig at the only good animated show Fox has for no apparent reason.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Everdraed is too good for this site.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Kraps posted:

What ever happened to The Booth at the End, anyway? From what i remember, they were setting some stuff up at the end of the second season, then I never heard anything about a third season.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There hasn't been any word whatsoever as far as I can tell. Probably just quietly cancelled.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I just watched the last episode of Deadwood.

Why are half the cast okay with Al's plan of killing an innocent woman to trick Hearst into thinking it was Trixie? Bullock was mad as heck when Hearst killed those Cornishmen, and he gets mad as heck at Hearst at the end for tipping his hat and taunting Mrs. Garret about murdering her husband, but it's alright for his mates to slit a whore's throat?

Such a weird loving show.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Why are half the cast okay with Al's plan of killing an innocent woman to trick Hearst into thinking it was Trixie? Bullock was mad as heck when Hearst killed those Cornishmen, and he gets mad as heck at Hearst at the end for tipping his hat and taunting Mrs. Garret about murdering her husband, but it's alright for his mates to slit a whore's throat?

I guess you could argue that Bullock decided it wasn't worth it to pick another fight with Swearengen when it was for the best to get Hearst out of town before more damage was done. Plus, while Bullock and Trixie didn't really like each other, she was his business partner's sort of girlfriend.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I guess it's for the best he didn't get voted in as Sheriff again.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I don't think anyone except Al and Dan were okay with it. IIRC Al doesn't tell anyone else about it before the deed is done, even if Trixie figures it out on her own. Bullock clearly isn't happy about it, but there's not much anyone can do about it. Of course Bullock got mad when Hearst taunted Mrs. Garret, he was in love with her once and he probably still had feelings for her.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I guess it's for the best he didn't get voted in as Sheriff again.

Think the camp would've been better off with Harry Manning? What would he have done in Bullock's place? Arrest Al?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sakarja posted:

Of course Bullock got mad when Hearst taunted Mrs. Garret, he was in love with her once and he probably still had feelings for her.

That's all male posturing. Hearst could have been making fun of color of Bullock's house and elicited the same response.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I think I'm gonna make a masters of sex thread, because me and bown know what's up about it being the absolute best

I came into this thread for the first time ever to ask why TV IV doesn't have a thread for this awesome show, so please do

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm watching a movie on AMC and they just had a commercial for Turn, except they kept calling it "Turn: Washington's Spies" did they rebrand it or something?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

muscles like this? posted:

I'm watching a movie on AMC and they just had a commercial for Turn, except they kept calling it "Turn: Washington's Spies" did they rebrand it or something?

If it is a rebranding, I hope they do it for all their shows.

Halt and Catch Fire: PC Cloning
Mad Men: Advertising Executives
Hell on Wheels: Building a Railroad
Small Town Security: Retards

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I skipped my cable guide up to next Saturday when they're re-airing the season and it also said the show was called "Turn: Washington's Spies." Also AMC is airing new episodes of Hell on Wheels on Saturday nights so it looks like they're not expecting it to do well?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The funny thing about Hell on Wheels is that they often give it a sort of unofficial subtitle that they make bigger than the actual title in the picture on Netflix. Right now on Netflix, you'd swear that the show is called "Outlaw in Charge". I think it was something different last year, but I don't remember.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Manhattan pilot is good. Good pilot.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just started it. High hopes!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

muscles like this? posted:

That's what they're calling the second season.

Better than Turn: The True Story of America's First Spy Ring... aka TTSoAFSR

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
So does anyone know what HBO has lined up for the second half of 2015? True Blood and Boardwalk Empire are wrapping up this year. They're fine up until Game of Thrones ends in June, but they'll have a big hole in their schedule after that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Martin Scorsese, Terrence Winter, Bobby Cannavale, and Olivia Wilde are filming a 70s rock show right now.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Chamberk posted:

So does anyone know what HBO has lined up for the second half of 2015? True Blood and Boardwalk Empire are wrapping up this year. They're fine up until Game of Thrones ends in June, but they'll have a big hole in their schedule after that.

If Westworld gets picked up I wouldn't be shocked to hear that drops around this time next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

HBO also has a series order on a US remake of UK cult hit Utopia backed by David Fincher, and that could conceivably be ready by the second half of next year. But there's no need to wait that long when you can start watching the UK version now, so go do that.

• Locked thread