Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Synonamess Botch posted:

Is there any way to make steady hand in SPERG only slow down time by 25%? In vanilla you have the option of taking the second rank, but 25% is really the sweet spot. Is there something I can modify to fix that?

Here you go. You may need to use SPERGs perk reset feature beforehand and install this while you don't have the perk, otherwise the extra time slowing could stick to your character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

LtSmash posted:

Well its a good idea to move your steam install out of program files. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

But did it say ASIS.esp or asis-dependency.esp? You need both but the patcher creates ASIS.esp so it should never be missing, although that could be a permissions issue. And could you pastebin.com your /skyrim/data/skyproc patchers/asis/skyprocdebug/=--Debug Overview--=.txt and link it? That will give me a lot of info to work with (and see your loverslab fetish mods).

Here you go.

Hopefully that's what you need. I've moved it to a new folder and all, and it seems to have patched, but even with a new game I still can only access potions and spawn frequency.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Talmonis posted:

Here you go.

Hopefully that's what you need. I've moved it to a new folder and all, and it seems to have patched, but even with a new game I still can only access potions and spawn frequency.

...that's all that's supposed to be in the MCM. What exactly are you trying to do?

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010

IAmTheRad posted:

Turning off vsync is a very bad thing. The engine wasn't made to run at over 60fps. If you disable it in the ini files, enable it in ENB. You must have vsync on in one way or another.
I should also note that the game engine has problems even with "vsync" enabled if, for example, one uses a 120Hz monitor (or probably anything over 60). I assume because the game syncs up to the monitor with no upper limit for some boneheaded reason. I literally have to use a frame-limiter mod or else Very Bad Things happen and the game can become effectively unplayable.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Here you go. You may need to use SPERGs perk reset feature beforehand and install this while you don't have the perk, otherwise the extra time slowing could stick to your character.

I won't be able to try it out til tomorrow, but thanks!

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Agents are GO! posted:

...that's all that's supposed to be in the MCM. What exactly are you trying to do?

Ah. I was under the impression that all of the different sections would show up. Seems I'm chasing shadows. Sorry to have wasted anyone's time.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Positronic Spleen posted:

I should also note that the game engine has problems even with "vsync" enabled if, for example, one uses a 120Hz monitor (or probably anything over 60). I assume because the game syncs up to the monitor with no upper limit for some boneheaded reason. I literally have to use a frame-limiter mod or else Very Bad Things happen and the game can become effectively unplayable.

Oh yeah, that. The game itself doesn't like over 60fps. Vsync works for me because my monitor can't go over 60Hz, and that's just fine for me. Hitting 61fps a couple of times doesn't matter, but 100fps would cause hilarity to happen.
I blame consoles for imposing this limitation.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Talmonis posted:

Ah. I was under the impression that all of the different sections would show up. Seems I'm chasing shadows. Sorry to have wasted anyone's time.

The MCM is just for on-the-fly adjustments, the meat of the settings are in the INI.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wait, why exactly does the game lose its poo poo going over 60 fps? Does it have to do with some dumbfuck thinking it was a good idea to tie the physics system to the FPS, or is there something bigger going on?

I'd look into it, but trying to decipher Gamebryo is like trying to decipher hieroglyphs without the Rosetta Stone.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Scyantific posted:

Wait, why exactly does the game lose its poo poo going over 60 fps? Does it have to do with some dumbfuck thinking it was a good idea to tie the physics system to the FPS, or is there something bigger going on?

I'd look into it, but trying to decipher Gamebryo is like trying to decipher hieroglyphs without the Rosetta Stone.

I figured, as a total layman, the game is rendering so quickly the physics can't keep up.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Scyantific posted:

Who thinks its a good idea to tie anything to the fps? Bethesda. A ton of papyrus is stuff is synchronized to frames. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if physics was in there too.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
The physics in the game are stupid enough, and that when the game runs over 60 the physics is one of the first things you notice that just goes insane. The rest is behind the scenes and can break the game quicker. At least any sort of ENB even if you are using just the speed hack is essential for the game unless you're running pure vanilla, and you can just limit it in there instead of the janky way the ini file does it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

LtSmash posted:

Who thinks its a good idea to tie anything to the fps? Bethesda.

Apparently so did Valve, considering that up until recently the demoknight turning speed was completely linked to the game's fps rate. STAR_ even did a video about it where he turned his game into a poo poo pile graphics-wise and was doing 1080s with the charge shields.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Scyantific posted:

Apparently so did Valve, considering that up until recently the demoknight turning speed was completely linked to the game's fps rate. STAR_ even did a video about it where he turned his game into a poo poo pile graphics-wise and was doing 1080s with the charge shields.

Dont a lot of engines tie a lot of poo poo to FPS? I remember back in the quake days this was a reason to turn all your settings down.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

It's common and it's a pain in the rear end if it won't be consistent. It's easy generally to ask for the number of frames that went by and then adjust your physics etc. by that amount of time, but it's a bad reference if the frame counter you're watching might be going up by 20/sec, 60/sec, or 300/sec and especially if it's changing over time or you're running the math on different machines with different (possibly changing) values.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
FPS can affect more than just physics, sometimes the game couldn't decide if my character was underwater or not. Enemies of course would have no issues ever and could attack me freely. I have no idea how that could even happen.

I suspect that the whole reason the game had vsync on by default and no in-game way to disable it is because they don't know/care/want to switch things away from frame counting.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Boredom and TES5Edit can be a heady combination.

Scyantific: You may wish to alter the OP: Dwemertech replaces Dwemerverse, and Dwemerverse is no longer available.

It's really good too, without the "love it or hate it" elements of Spectraverse.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 25, 2014

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Agents are GO! posted:

It's really good too, without the "love it or hate it" elements of Spectraverse.

What would you say are the "love it or hate it" elements of Spectraverse? I have both installed right now and I'm trying to pick a questline to start on first.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Is there a mod that fixes that loving thing that has existed since Oblivion where as soon as you enter a room, physics objects fly everywhere? Goddamn that burns my rear end.

Also, my next playthrough will be as a sneaky dagger/archer hybrid. Are there any essential mods people would recommend for that playstyle that would enhance the experience over vanilla?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I though that was just one of the laws of nature on Nirn. You pick something up off a table and everything else on it jumps around for awhile.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
:gamebryo:

It's what they do.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I'm stuck trying to get ENB mods to work. I have more than one skyrimprefs.ini , do I need to make the changes to all of them or one in particular? Do I need to change the anti aliasing settings in the ini as well to get enb presets to work? If I disable them in the settings I still get the warning pop up saying AA is enabled and things have been turned off.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dallan Invictus posted:

What would you say are the "love it or hate it" elements of Spectraverse? I have both installed right now and I'm trying to pick a questline to start on first.

Spectraverse has some puzzles that I quite liked, but some people got really annoyed with.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Spectraverse is good. You really do need to be fairly effective with Destruction magic to have a chance, though. The puzzles aren't bad, but some of the boss fights can be tough.

With a game like Skyrim and puzzles, if I start having serious trouble getting past one, I find myself wondering whether or not the game has glitched or the physics have gone awry or a mod is conflicting, causing the puzzle to be unsolvable. This HAS happened a couple of times, and I'm sure its not usually the case, but I feel like Skyrim has trained me to be less patient with puzzles. I'm no MENSA genius or anything but I've always enjoyed good puzzles in game, but with Bethesda games I'm more inclined to rush to the notion that I need to check a walkthrough.

For instance, in Lost Wonders of Mzark the other days, the red hologram area, where you use the water to put out the projectors, one of the waters that was placed in the worldpsace just disappeared. I assume it was knocked out of the room by an explosion, but I still spent way too much time looking for it and eventually reloaded after finding out where it was supposed to be. Not the author's fault, but I feel a tinge of guilt when I give up so easily.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Welp, I just finished Dwemertech and it was pretty cool, but not long enough. Or I guess just long enough, because it left me wanting more. Great mod.

Edit: Oh, and the environment gave me original DooM flashbacks like nobodys business.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Lethemonster posted:

I'm stuck trying to get ENB mods to work. I have more than one skyrimprefs.ini , do I need to make the changes to all of them or one in particular? Do I need to change the anti aliasing settings in the ini as well to get enb presets to work? If I disable them in the settings I still get the warning pop up saying AA is enabled and things have been turned off.

Are you using MO? If so it has its own copies of skyrim's ini files for each MO profile you have to edit. Its Ini Editor under the Tools button that looks like puzzle pieces.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Are there any good, fairly compatible mods that will up the amount of trees in the world? I have one that does grass, but lush trees and grass looks like rear end in my opinion and I want to creep through giant, thick forests.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

its not quite what you were asking but I remember one that added gigantic redwood trees but that was literally years ago since I've heard anything about it. Infact it was so long ago that it may have been for Oblivion and I am misremembering.

EDIT- http://youtu.be/SDPbgIYyHEk?t=3m3s see how this floats your boat

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 26, 2014

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Man Whore posted:

its not quite what you were asking but I remember one that added gigantic redwood trees but that was literally years ago since I've heard anything about it. Infact it was so long ago that it may have been for Oblivion and I am misremembering.

EDIT- http://youtu.be/SDPbgIYyHEk?t=3m3s see how this floats your boat

Not only does it look like what I'm after, it looks like some of the stuff there will fix other problems I'm having. Thanks!

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Mod Organizer is in the top spot for File of the Month on Nexus, even beating out a child appearance overhaul. Did I wake up in the wrong dimension?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a mod that'll let me start create a new character and let me choose what level they begin at while scaling the world appropriately, without having to use the console? Or turn low-level Skyrim into high-level Skyrim? I really really find the first 10 or so level of Skyrim to be a boring slog and I want to avoid going through that if I can.

I posted a few days ago about how my main quest is broken on a specific character of mine (probably due to some old mod that had been uninstalled and I had forgotten about). Well I ended up just starting a new character, using RaceMenu to copy over the appearance of my old character, and then using a bunch of console commands and SPERG's Perk Point granting option in the menu to bring the new character more or less up to where my old one is stat-wise (I didn't touch quest commands). Problem is that against all logic the main quest on this new character is broken too, even though as far as the game should be concerned it's a wholly new character. Even all the mods are completely new and different from the previous character and I don't even have any mods that touch any quests. I can't absorb any dragon word walls and even though I haven't tried to yet on this character, I bet I'm unable to absorb dragon souls too, just like my old character was unable to.

Here's my load order:

Wrye Bash posted:

00 Skyrim.esm
01 Update.esm
02 Dawnguard.esm
03 HearthFires.esm
04 Dragonborn.esm
05 SPERG.esm
06 Bleed Them Dry.esp
07 DeadlyCombat.esp
08 BeansJenassa.esp
09 Kevin's Deadly Poisons - TRAPS.esp
0A RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp
0B AOS.esp
0C Pureweather.esp
0D SPERG.esp
0E Bound Armory.esp
0F DeadlyCombat_GiantsAIFix.esp
10 Book Covers Skyrim.esp
11 SPERG Weapon Styles.esp
12 SPERG-DG.esp
13 SPERG-DB.esp
14 Bound Armory Rebalance - SPERG.esp
15 ballisticspells.esp
16 SkyUI.esp
17 Volrath - Enhanced Lights and Fixes.esp
18 Remove Interior Fog V2 - Full Version.esp
19 skyrim unbound.esp
1A Blink - Standalone.esp
1B WATER DG.esp
1C WATER DB Waves.esp
1D fallentreebridges.esp
1E WATER Plants.esp
1F Dwemertech - Magic of the Dwarves.esp
20 Ghostslaying-Ghostblade.esp
21 WATER.esp
22 RegnPiercings.esp
23 RaceMenu.esp
24 RaceMenuPlugin.esp

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is there a mod that'll let me start create a new character and let me choose what level they begin at while scaling the world appropriately, without having to use the console? Or turn low-level Skyrim into high-level Skyrim? I really really find the first 10 or so level of Skyrim to be a boring slog and I want to avoid going through that if I can.

I posted a few days ago about how my main quest is broken on a specific character of mine (probably due to some old mod that had been uninstalled and I had forgotten about). Well I ended up just starting a new character, using RaceMenu to copy over the appearance of my old character, and then using a bunch of console commands and SPERG's Perk Point granting option in the menu to bring the new character more or less up to where my old one is stat-wise (I didn't touch quest commands). Problem is that against all logic the main quest on this new character is broken too, even though as far as the game should be concerned it's a wholly new character. Even all the mods are completely new and different from the previous character and I don't even have any mods that touch any quests. I can't absorb any dragon word walls and even though I haven't tried to yet on this character, I bet I'm unable to absorb dragon souls too, just like my old character was unable to.

Here's my load order:

You don't have the unofficial patches which you probably should.

For dragon souls you have a mod that is modifying the absorb script and causing a conflict. The script changed in dragonborn and anything made without the change will break it. You are using MO right? Sort your mods in the left panel so they scripts don't conflict. To see what's changing the absorb scripts open the data tab on the right and go to scripts. Look at dragonactorscript.pex and/or mqkilldragonscript.pex. It will be something like dragonactorscript.pex someMod, when you mouse over the file it will have a tooltip saying Also in: and then a list of other mods. Sort those mods in the left panel so one made after dragonborn is the winning conflict.

When in doubt about the left side order make it match the right side load order.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Just modded up skyrim and started a game but my hair, facial hair and eyeballs are missing presumed dead. NPC eyes are missing or black too, I don't have any mods for appearance or anything. Anybody encountered this before?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

Just modded up skyrim and started a game but my hair, facial hair and eyeballs are missing presumed dead. NPC eyes are missing or black too, I don't have any mods for appearance or anything. Anybody encountered this before?

Can't help you without posting your load order.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

m2pt5 posted:

Can't help you without posting your load order.

Sorry, here we go. :)

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Just checking: I'm using the latest version of SPERG and I'm gaining a perk every level. That means something hosed up, right? How do I fix this?

vvv that worked, thanks! vvv

botany fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 26, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

botany posted:

Just checking: I'm using the latest version of SPERG and I'm gaining a perk every level. That means something hosed up, right? How do I fix this?

Copy the elys_uncapper.ini from SPERG into the skyrim\data\skse\plugins folder.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Has the civil war overhaul been stabilized at all? I remember wanting to try it out when it was first released but it had a tendency to gently caress up catastrophically, so you pretty much had to make a playthrough just for the mod.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Man Whore posted:

Has the civil war overhaul been stabilized at all? I remember wanting to try it out when it was first released but it had a tendency to gently caress up catastrophically, so you pretty much had to make a playthrough just for the mod.

From my understanding it should be generally stable nowadays, though starting a new game when installing or uninstalling it is still recommended.

Course it still makes some changes that one may not like (odd additions to both Stormcloaks and Imperials, odd and potentially rage-inducing mechanics for how the battles work, etc) as far as I can tell.

So of course I was stupid enough to install both it and Falskaar considering how disappointing they are as much as I've read up on them, though hopefully by the time I finish them both Wheels of Lull will be out and I'll just play that to make up for the disappointment.

Speaking of Trainwiz's mods, to those who have played them recently, do Aetherius and Lost Wonders of Mzark have any issues I should be aware of like how apparently World Eater Beater causes all music to stop playing after you beat Alduin or is it just World Eater Beater that has a relatively major bug remaining? (Albeit an easily resolvable one barring one using any mods that take you back to Sovngarde in the same playthrough...)

Exposure fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, I'm having a weird bug in Blackreach. I can play the game fine in that area, go into buildings there, etc., but if I ever try to leave Blackreach, the game crashes to Windows on the loading screen. I'm playing the Steam version, have Hearthfire, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn. I turned off all non-Bethesda add-ons/mods, but no luck. I saw someone asking about this on the Nexus, but it was like a year ago and he got no fix. Any tips on how to repair this?

• Locked thread