Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Hollismason posted:

For the fellow Chaos Space Marine Players, someone came up with this and I played it a few times , changed it a bit but it's actually really good and expensive. Chaos Space Marines don't get a lot of love but kind of got a mini death star.

It's

Ahriman
Chaos Sorcerer w/ Term Armour, Spell Familiar , Choosing Sanctic to fish for GOI
3 Obliterators

If you allied you could take another CSM sorcerer

Anyway

It has a 3++ if you get Sanctic and it has Gate of Infinity, plus Ahriman can choose Telepathy and fire off 3 Psychic Shrieks. Ahriman Also get's the Free Tzeentch thing but has to roll but he may get Bolt of Change or whatever and there's a chance he'll get Invisibility which makes it even harder to kill. Plus he has a ST8 Force Weapon if you cast Hammerhand.

I made it with Typhus and it was fun.

I liked it a lot and CSM doesn't get a "death" star unit really.

Nice! I'm going to send this to a fellow CSM player I know. He has the Ahriman model and has never actually used it as Ahriman, I think.

And I guess to contribute, Bill Murray once winked at me in a Santa Fe hotel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I would take the mini-rules and Killa Kans if there are any left.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Post 9-11 User posted:

Your guys look so gnarly in the best way, and black bases aren't always easy to pull off (can very well look "unfinished"). Nice work!

Black bases always look unfinished :colbert:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lungboy posted:

Look at how wrong this opinion is.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ I do black rims on everything but my sisters (and I guess my Emp Children when I start to paint them). Mostly for lipped bases, as well.

Does anyone know when that stupid tyranid creature is up for sale? I want to make another order soon, but it isn't showing up yet.

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

SRM posted:

Also I had an idea that would have been an on-topic potential brush with greatness too. So Dawn of War: Soulstorm is well remembered for its awful, awful voice acting, which I capitalized on in my dumb cartoons. Iron Lore studios, the company that developed it, was actually in Boston before they went under. I figured "Hey, maybe the voice actor for Boreale is still in town and works cheap, since that performance was awful and I could hire him to do original voice work for future Dawn of Awesome cartoons!" I looked him up, and it turns out it's Scott McNeil, who has voiced almost everybody in the Dawn of War games as well as appearing in every anime ever: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0573926/

So yeah, I think he's probably out of my price range.

So you're going to kickstart it then?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

LordAba posted:

Never apologize for Kate Beckinsale.

EDIT: Does the tyranid IA book outline the terrain still? I have some of the older kits, and would love actual rules for them with point values.

The terrain rules have gone completely.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

If anyone in fremont CA or nearby wants the space wolves including the special character I'd be willing to sell mine. I suppose i would ship it too.

Need to make a thread for my dark vengeance models and Krieg death riders too.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The siege shield is pretty much a mandatory buy for Vindicators, so why don't people put Ghostwalker on all their Wave Serpents? Being able to hop from cover to cover sounds great for 10pts.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

LingcodKilla posted:

If anyone in fremont CA or nearby wants the space wolves including the special character I'd be willing to sell mine. I suppose i would ship it too.

Need to make a thread for my dark vengeance models and Krieg death riders too.

I'd be down for dragongaze and maybe the grey hunters and I'm local.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!
Does anyone know what sized base is supplied for Krom Dragongaze? It looks like the standard infantry sized one and not the Termie base. But I could be wrong.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

LordAba posted:

EDIT: Does the tyranid IA book outline the terrain still? I have some of the older kits, and would love actual rules for them with point values.

Good news! The Valedor warzone book included some rules for Tyranid terrain, specifically Capillary Towers, Spore Chimneys and Digestion Pools.

Bad news! GW managed to completely invalidate the rules for Capillary Towers literally within _1 week_ of release by immediately following it with the new 7th edition rules.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

xtothez posted:

Good news! The Valedor warzone book included some rules for Tyranid terrain, specifically Capillary Towers, Spore Chimneys and Digestion Pools.

Bad news! GW managed to completely invalidate the rules for Capillary Towers literally within _1 week_ of release by immediately following it with the new 7th edition rules.

What is/was the rule for the towers, and how did 7th invalidate them?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ It used to be take leadership tests for psyker powers on 3D6 when within 36", with perils on double 1 / double 6.

xtothez posted:

I have the Valedor books, and the problem is that they don't have any points assigned to them so I can't use them as fortifications in a normal game. If the tyranids had a AV14 building that could infiltrate and hold genestealers that would go a long way to help them out. But no; all buildings have to go in your deployment zone now so they are horrible for non-gunline armies.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 26, 2014

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Any Canadians or US goons looking to split a pair of Stormclaw boxes let me know. I should be able get two tomorrow and I'm looking at keeping the Space Wolves so I should have two orc halves with a rulebook and one Dragongaze spare.

Alternately if anyone wants a full box let me know.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

TKIY posted:

Any Canadians or US goons looking to split a pair of Stormclaw boxes let me know. I should be able get two tomorrow and I'm looking at keeping the Space Wolves so I should have two orc halves with a rulebook and one Dragongaze spare.

Alternately if anyone wants a full box let me know.

I'm interested in the mini-rulebook...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Sisko posted:

I'd be down for dragongaze and maybe the grey hunters and I'm local.

What's a fair price for the HQ, Grey Hunters and terminators? All I've been seeing is pounds being thrown around.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Was this already posted? I don't remember it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i will use this 'murderfang' with a straight face

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
^^^^
It might be a special character :iiam:

Dump_Stat posted:

Does anyone know what sized base is supplied for Krom Dragongaze? It looks like the standard infantry sized one and not the Termie base. But I could be wrong.

They supply him with a 25mm and a 40mm. The 40mm is only used because it looks better on the model.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 26, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I assumed it was the Dreadnought, yeah.

edit: can't wait for it to just be a furioso dread with 'frost' and 'wolf' instead of 'blood' everywhere

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 26, 2014

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

LingcodKilla posted:

What's a fair price for the HQ, Grey Hunters and terminators? All I've been seeing is pounds being thrown around.

I probably pay 15-20 for krom. I don't know how customizable the termies are so probably 20ish and probably another 20 for the hunters. :shrug:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Sisko posted:

I probably pay 15-20 for krom. I don't know how customizable the termies are so probably 20ish and probably another 20 for the hunters. :shrug:

They are straight up the real deal models and not two piece click togethers like dark vengeance.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

They are straight up the real deal models and not two piece click togethers like dark vengeance.

Pm'ed

Fix posted:

I love this so much.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I assumed it was the Dreadnought, yeah.

edit: can't wait for it to just be a furioso dread with 'frost' and 'wolf' instead of 'blood' everywhere

Well obviously it's going to be named Bjorn the Frostwolf Hunter.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Apparently it'll be a dual kit, with Bjorn as one of the options.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's a 3 way kit. The third option is the Murder Wolf Fang

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Naturally this gets announced just as I was beginning to contemplate finally finishing my finecast Bjorn before the year is out :shepface:

(I'm not actually bothered. I will happily rock it oldschool and avoid giving GW $60 or whatever it is.)

Also isn't one of the Helbrute formations called a Murderpack? I bet they loving kicked themselves for using up the "pack" noun on a codex that wasn't wolfy wolf wolf.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

"Murderfang" is everything right and wrong with GW naming schemes rolled into a term impossible to say with a straight face. :v:

Strength of Many
Jan 13, 2012

The butthurt is the life... and it shall be mine.
Don't know if anyone has asked this, but are there any good third party alternatives to Bloodletters?

I'm not keen on their redesigns and I wanted to get some for future projects.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Strength of Many posted:

Don't know if anyone has asked this, but are there any good third party alternatives to Bloodletters?

Cardboard tube and some chicken bones and you're all set.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So I'm thinking about buying the FW Avatar with sword (because I don't trust that loving spear not to snap erry day) and I wanted to see what your thoughts are on my idea to paint it.

Obviously it's going to have Biel-Tan colors tied in somewhere on the helm, the loin cloth, and probably the hair. However, I'm thinking of going with an icy look to help tie in the snow bases and the blue/purple on a couple of Wraith units. My thought is that it could go with a white/blue fire in the "molten" sections of his body (the cracks) which fade to purple and then black from the edge of the "plates" to the center.

Then probably some green gemstones and golden trim.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Strength of Many posted:

Depending on your army, you could realistically run whatever you want for Bloodletters, as long as it packs a sword and looks cool. You could try a bunch of Skeletons - it's rad looking, and you can go "I am not summoning these dudes from the Warp, I am literally ripping them from the ground."

Is it for a Khorne army, or allied with any other God or CSM Warband?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Perhaps obvious, but if it's the redesigns you don't care for, have you considered trawling ebay for the originals?

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Boon posted:

So I'm thinking about buying the FW Avatar with sword (because I don't trust that loving spear not to snap erry day) and I wanted to see what your thoughts are on my idea to paint it.

Obviously it's going to have Biel-Tan colors tied in somewhere on the helm, the loin cloth, and probably the hair. However, I'm thinking of going with an icy look to help tie in the snow bases and the blue/purple on a couple of Wraith units. My thought is that it could go with a white/blue fire in the "molten" sections of his body (the cracks) which fade to purple and then black from the edge of the "plates" to the center.

Then probably some green gemstones and golden trim.

IIRC the main body of the spear is brass rod and the tip is the only resin part if your worrying about it snapping. Otherwise sounds like a great way to paint it up.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

JerryLee posted:

Perhaps obvious, but if it's the redesigns you don't care for, have you considered trawling ebay for the originals?

I'm a big fan of the axe based ones; the old metal ones with swords were kinda ok, but I prefer the new plastics to those. The axe ones are by far the best.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

Strength of Many posted:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dump_Stat posted:

He's on a terminator base yes.

So I recently finished Unremembered Empire right after finishing Vulkan lives, and the first book is a lot better after reading the second. I was happy to see John Grammaticus back.

Is there anyone interested in the Orks from Stormclaw? The longer I have them the longer I'm tempted to start an ork army. 80bux, and I'll ship anywhere in mainland US or Canada. If you live in Toronto and are willing to meet me anywhere the TTC goes, you have have them for 70$.

Everytime i see these all I can think is manana-ma (blood for the blood god)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Torrent of Fire is posting the results for BAO online each round it's interesting to see what armies are in the top 20 and some are pretty surprising.

If that's your thing, I find it just interesting. Of course #1 is a Eldar player w/ Dark Eldar , but 2nd is a Tyranid Player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Lungboy posted:

Not his. :colbert:

Fix posted:

Those claws!

• Locked thread