Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

cmcxon posted:

When Hero signed with WWE he made @thechrishero twitter account and his one tweet for years was along the lines of "Saving this account for a rainy day". He never committed to the WWE for the start and it was inevitable he'd back in the indies.

I'd keep my old twitter account too if I was a prominent indie wrestler to be on the safe side. Why risk having some weird twitter RPer take it? No matter how dedicated you are or how much they like you it may not work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Best. loving. Dropkick.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Illinois Smith posted:

Best. loving. Dropkick.

That's pretty good distance if he jumped from the bottom left turnbuckle.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Capsaicin posted:

That's pretty good distance if he jumped from the bottom left turnbuckle.
Best. loving. Standing. Dropkick.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 26, 2014

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

cmcxon posted:

When Hero signed with WWE he made @thechrishero twitter account and his one tweet for years was along the lines of "Saving this account for a rainy day". He never committed to the WWE for the start and it was inevitable he'd back in the indies.

Pure speculation but I think he signed with them thinking WWE were signing the Kings of Wrestling rather than Hero and Claudio. When it became obvious that WWE were never going to use them as a team, it seemed that Hero lost all interest.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

I'd keep my old twitter account too if I was a prominent indie wrestler to be on the safe side. Why risk having some weird twitter RPer take it? No matter how dedicated you are or how much they like you it may not work out.

see: Davey Richards

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's nice that Stephanie went ahead and made an outfit out of the same material they made the backdrop out of.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Big ups to Kyle Kingsbury's rear end

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

-Atom- posted:

legalize gay what?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

legalize gay what?

Gay rear end, duh.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Oh jesus christ Chris.

Looks like Chris caught a burglar of his own, the Hamburglar

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

-Atom- posted:

My favorite rear end in all of MMA.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Frankston posted:

Gay rear end, duh.

If that was illegal they'd never let Pat Barry out in public

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mr. and Mrs. H

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Young RVD

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Gonz posted:

Mr. and Mrs. H

No doubt that nose has a long lineage

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Del Raminos posted:

No doubt that nose has a long lineage

That nose has a long a lot of things.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

from OC Weekly's slideshow from The Gathering

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Del Raminos posted:

from OC Weekly's slideshow from The Gathering

I really hope homeboy getting slammed into the shopping cart is doing it for more than a bottle of faygo and a juggalette lapdance.

I know better though.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
He's probably getting paid less than that Ultimate Warrior Wrestling Buddy was worth.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Midnightghoul posted:

Looks like Chris caught a burglar of his own, the Hamburglar

This made me laugh way more than I think it should have, thank you :)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

By all accounts, ICP pay pretty well and are the least scummy wrestling promoters in America.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chris Hero is a great example of what expectations there are for athletic people. If they ever get bigger, it gets a lot of attention. Not judging that attention per say, because it does seem like he gained a lot of weight in a short period of time right after stories of him not caring anymore. He must have an awful diet.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Spikeguy posted:

Chris Hero is a great example of what expectations there are for athletic people. If they ever get bigger, it gets a lot of attention. Not judging that attention per say, because it does seem like he gained a lot of weight in a short period of time right after stories of him not caring anymore. He must have an awful diet.

To be fair, he's in an industry where you wear tiny little underpants in the middle of a crowd.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

From personal experience (self and family) and lots of different wrestling examples (Matt Hardy being the most famous alleged example), injuries and especially injuries to weight-bearing parts of the body are basically an express ticket to weight gain. You won't be able to work out or move around as much as you could (if at all) and if you maintain the same intense diet you had at peak physical activity, it's going to catch up with you.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LividLiquid posted:

By all accounts, ICP pay pretty well and are the least scummy wrestling promoters in America.

Oh certainly, it just doesn't really look to me like that photo is depicting a "sanctioned" JCW match. It kind of looks like an impromptu match in a mosh pit, tbh.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Memento posted:

Oh certainly, it just doesn't really look to me like that photo is depicting a "sanctioned" JCW match. It kind of looks like an impromptu match in a mosh pit, tbh.

Oh yeah. Towards the end of the slideshow there are some shots of the JCW matches which I didn't include precisely because they're just your standard photos of standard, in-ring indie wrestling action which won't end with a substandard bruised soul.

(Devitt on the left)

(via)

Del Raminos fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jul 27, 2014

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Even Baloo cannot believe that that Hulk Hogan magazine is worth 2 Euros.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Bullet Club & monster trucks together at last

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Turned on my Xbox and the front page picture is Big E with some chick in a firemans carry at SDCC.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Pretty Peter Avalon had a run-in with a wall

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Little thing with Austin I saw in The Guardian's TV guide. It goes on a little longer about how he hates certain reality TV shows where the word 'amazing' is used too often, and how he wants the Six Million Dollar Man brought back. I mostly just want that first bit to be saved for posterity.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

pressedbunny posted:

hates certain reality TV shows where the word 'amazing' is used too often

He was talking about the Bachelor/ette here but I wonder if he's ever watched a Gordon Ramsay joint. He'd probably stunner his TV.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

That nose has a long a lot of things.

It's a Romanesque nose.

It's Roamin all over his face!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I would 100% watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives with Steve Austin as the host.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

...MC Ride?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010