Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Apple Craft posted:

It looks like a few trailers combined. I think this is the one you are thinking of, and some of it is in the intro, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GtUcLktpxw

Yeah the Intro is put together from 2-3 other Trailers they have used before.

Hey Lemon King your name was dropped in a ARES Job Mission dialogue today, that was funny to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

MadHat posted:

Hey Lemon King your name was dropped in a ARES Job Mission dialogue today, that was funny to find.

So it wasn't just me that heard that. It made me do a double take.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Inimicul posted:

Now, who wants to do some BWA Hard farming?

What are the rewards like now? Last time I did it was a few months ago, after they nerfed speedruns, but I guess speedruns aren't as much of a factor since they prevented players from deploying glider pads.

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah it's a lot like that.

Fina posted:

So it wasn't just me that heard that. It made me do a double take.

Yeah it was something about him being the one that figured out a code or something. Some hacker guy. I vaguely remember it from the closed beta thing.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Cheston posted:

What are the rewards like now? Last time I did it was a few months ago, after they nerfed speedruns, but I guess speedruns aren't as much of a factor since they prevented players from deploying glider pads.

The boss gives 3 things which from the two times I've done it so far have either been three purples or two purples and a blue. Good stuff so far. Unlike the level 24 version, these aren't bound to me so I expect the market to crash pretty fast on level 40 purple gear.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I love from this version, that if you drop a squad thumper on a small base, you basically summon the apocalypse. I am a lonewolf, but I can imagine the fun a group of people can derive from that.

I just need more modules to turn my blue and pink gear decent.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Inimicul posted:

If anyone with a frame they haven't maxed is close to level 39, let me know. There may still be a bug that relogging after hitting 39 dings you to 40. I'm looking for someone who can verify whether that does or does not still happen.

So how does the 39 -> 40 logout glitch work?

1. ding, lvl 39.
2. exit game
3. log back in, instantly ding 40?

Just curious as I'm about to hit 39 on a frame and would love to provide insightful feedback to the developers.... or something.

Mjolnerd fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 25, 2014

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

Inimicul posted:

Are you still not seeing the headshot damage on your Night Hawk? I play that frame a lot and know the headshot damage is there, but it's not the 200% bonus that most frames get. It was nerfed down to 30% bonus because with Ambush and other perk stacking I was regularly making GBS threads out 60k damage headshots, even while hip firing. Naturally, that was unintended so Night Hawk got brought down a peg or two.

Now, who wants to do some BWA Hard farming?

Me. Me me me! I fuckin love BWA.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Inimicul posted:

The boss gives 3 things which from the two times I've done it so far have either been three purples or two purples and a blue. Good stuff so far. Unlike the level 24 version, these aren't bound to me so I expect the market to crash pretty fast on level 40 purple gear.

Mine were account bound, so either there's a chance of non-Necro gear or it's been fixed.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

Me. Me me me! I fuckin love BWA.

Might as well give it a shot, maybe It'll be fun enough if I get some better gear and poo poo.

Kalarifik
Jul 19, 2004
I'm a saucy brit
Applied to Goons as Elynt. Seems a lot better than when that crazy guy was in charge making all those over-complicated durability systems. Only thing I don't get is I seem to be struggling to get enough research points, does thumping help that?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Kalarifik posted:

Applied to Goons as Elynt. Seems a lot better than when that crazy guy was in charge making all those over-complicated durability systems. Only thing I don't get is I seem to be struggling to get enough research points, does thumping help that?
Any sort of salvaging helps that, so really, anything that involves killing creatures and getting drops will do it.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
We're already back at the 100 player cap again and there's people sitting with apps in that I can't accept. Someone has to start the second army.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Isn't the cap 200?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Nope. Still 100.

In other news, I finished updating the wall-o'-text of what quartermasters sold what way back on page 1. Huge thanks to Cartographer for helping me finish it faster.

Time to go buy Rocket Turret.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Inimicul posted:

Nope. Still 100.

In other news, I finished updating the wall-o'-text of what quartermasters sold what way back on page 1. Huge thanks to Cartographer for helping me finish it faster.

Time to go buy Rocket Turret.

Finished... for now! You've only got through Forest Watch. :dance:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
As the melding gets pushed back farther I'll add the new bits.

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS
What level do you have to be to 'benefit' from ARES Missions in Devil's Tusk?

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
Coming back to this, and I have questions:

1. Are there any hard numbers for the vaguer perks? Specifically the healing ones, Ambush, and the last Firecat one that grants a burning AOE when you activate abilities.
  2. Will things like invasions and death squads be returning?
  3. Does the gravity part of Gravity Grenade work yet? I want to curve bullets! I'm not sure if it's not working at all or if it's just not working particularly well because it's not a high-level crafted item.
  4. These new battleframe visual progression details are great, is there a gallery for all battleframes? I could only find the Assault ones from one of the Path to Launch blogs.
  5. A lot of my transparent New You items seem worse now. Goggles and glasses that aren't transparent, an Astrek full face mask that is distorting instead of a nice barely-transparent blue, etc. Is this just how things are now, or do I need to redo some graphics settings?
  6. Is there still an option for crafting Bulwark such that it can be "thrown" like the old days?
  7. Why is FlamingSausage still allowed to use /zone chat? :v:
  8. How does energy drain actually work on AI enemies? I'm intrigued by the Bastion with the new altfire making them even less turret focused.

The game seems better than ever now, glad to see it back on its feet.

Sard fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jul 26, 2014

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Daysvala posted:

What level do you have to be to 'benefit' from ARES Missions in Devil's Tusk?

Everybody has been telling me level 32, but I'm not sure whether that's all of DT or just the area around the Accord base when you arc-port in.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.

Wilko posted:

Everybody has been telling me level 32, but I'm not sure whether that's all of DT or just the area around the Accord base when you arc-port in.

Wait, I tried to take a shuttle to Devils Tusk last night but it said everyone in the group had to be level 37? Can you just go there another way?

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Turra posted:

Wait, I tried to take a shuttle to Devils Tusk last night but it said everyone in the group had to be level 37? Can you just go there another way?

In Copa there's a small Accord base at the back where the army terminals are. If you go inside there's a large arc-porter inside which you should be able to use to get to there.

e: Just ran through an ARES mission near there and got the full exp for it.

Wilko fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 26, 2014

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Sard posted:

Coming back to this, and I have question:
Does the gravity part of Gravity Grenade work yet? I want to curve bullets! I'm not sure if it's not working at all or if it's just not working particularly well because it's not a high-level crafted item.

Gravity grenade doesn't curve bullets, but it does act as a great defense tool for PVE. If you throw it between you and a shooting mob, their aim will lock on the core of the grenade, this won't work if they are in the grenade or closer to you. It also doesn't affect your weapons at all.

You can use this to your advantage in hallways by tossing it at a choke point then proceeding to kill everything with ease for the next six seconds.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Sard posted:

Coming back to this, and I have questions:

1. Are there any hard numbers for the vaguer perks? Specifically the healing ones, Ambush, and the last Firecat one that grants a burning AOE when you activate abilities.
  2. Will things like invasions and death squads be returning?
  3. Does the gravity part of Gravity Grenade work yet? I want to curve bullets! I'm not sure if it's not working at all or if it's just not working particularly well because it's not a high-level crafted item.
  4. These new battleframe visual progression details are great, is there a gallery for all battleframes? I could only find the Assault ones from one of the Path to Launch blogs.
  5. A lot of my transparent New You items seem worse now. Goggles and glasses that aren't transparent, an Astrek full face mask that is distorting instead of a nice barely-transparent blue, etc. Is this just how things are now, or do I need to redo some graphics settings?
  6. Is there still an option for crafting Bulwark such that it can be "thrown" like the old days?
  7. Why is FlamingSausage still allowed to use /zone chat? :v:
  8. How does energy drain actually work on AI enemies? I'm intrigued by the Bastion with the new altfire making them even less turret focused.

The game seems better than ever now, glad to see it back on its feet.

1: Ambush is 30%. Which healing ones? If you search on the official forums, you'll find more info.
2: Yes.
3: Yes. It's super rewarding to watch a chosen sniper take a shot at you and see the beam reach the edge of the field and then curve into the center. Larger things like plasma bolts and grenades are intermittent.
4: No.
5: Known bug.
6: There was, but I don't think there is right now.
7: I don't know who that is.
8: You're going to need to expland on that one. It looks like three separate issues. Bastion has nothing to do with energy drain, the alt fire for the sticky grenade launcher detonates the grenades, and the bastion is more turret focused than ever. Do you mean the Engineers Tesla rifle (they were switched) because if you do, the alt fire is a repair beam for turrets and such.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Inimicul posted:

7: I don't know who that is.
8: You're going to need to expland on that one. It looks like three separate issues. Bastion has nothing to do with energy drain, the alt fire for the sticky grenade launcher detonates the grenades, and the bastion is more turret focused than ever. Do you mean the Engineers Tesla rifle (they were switched) because if you do, the alt fire is a repair beam for turrets and such.

Thanks for the answers! And he's just some late-night weirdo that was on a lot when I played last spouting some stuff in chat that's always stupid and often reprehensible, and doesn't seem to have ever stopped.

I didn't notice that the Engineer and Bastion switched weapons, that's interesting. I had read that the alternate fire on the Tesla rifle drains the energy of enemies now, and was really interested in revisiting my idea of playing the Bastion as a controller- no turrets but the HKM, with the ability slots using the thrown shield wall, the Engineer shield bubble, and something else. Being able to drain energy from players on top of that seems great, but I've never learned how that affects NPCs who don't use jumpjets.

e: Oh, and the Persistence and Resilient Plating perks specifically. The "Ultimate Perk List" forum post doesn't give a value for Resilient and just has X% for Persistence, I'm wondering which I'd get more mileage out of playing a Rhino; Presumably higher regen when at critical health, or a constant bonus to reduce the times I'm in that state. Interested in the damage on the Firecat mastery perk for the same battleframe, so I can use Charge and Sundering Wave with a burning AOE/explosion added on.

Sard fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 26, 2014

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sard posted:

These new battleframe visual progression details are great, is there a gallery for all battleframes? I could only find the Assault ones from one of the Path to Launch blogs.

I really hope a gallery of some kind pops up, I'd love to see this.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."
App'd to the Goon Army as kidRiot.

I have some Assault questions. Just hit level 10 on the default Battleframe. Are the Tigerclaw and Firecat worthwhile upgrades for $$?

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

They're basically specializations on the base frame. Tigerclaw gives up the splash damage on the main gun to use it with abilities and is more mobile. Firecat gives up direct damage for boatloads of AOE damage. It also gets a cooler version of afterburner that leaves a napalm trail. It's probably next on my list of advanced battleframes to acquire, or nighthawk.

Crashing people's FPS by using the Nighthawk HKM with the Recon gun seems amusing. :v:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Sard posted:

And he's just some late-night weirdo that was on a lot when I played last spouting some stuff in chat that's always stupid and often reprehensible, and doesn't seem to have ever stopped.

/ignore

Best command in the game. My ignore list is bigger than my friends list. My friends list is about 200 players so that's a lot of retards.

Sard posted:

Persistence and Resilient Plating perks specifically. The "Ultimate Perk List" forum post doesn't give a value for Resilient and just has X% for Persistence, I'm wondering which I'd get more mileage out of playing a Rhino; Presumably higher regen when at critical health, or a constant bonus to reduce the times I'm in that state. Interested in the damage on the Firecat mastery perk for the same battleframe, so I can use Charge and Sundering Wave with a burning AOE/explosion added on.

Persistence is underwhelming right now. It starts at 3 hp/sec at level 10 and scales up to 12 hp/sec at level 40. Not worth the points. Resilient plating heals you for 25% of your max health every tick until you get back up to 25% health. Considering you can be over 40k health at higher levels, that's significant. On my mammoth it regularly kicks in and heals for about 350/tick so going with a massive resist / hp build is a good combo on that frame.

The Rhino would be better off focusing on the shield abilities which are hilariously broken right now. http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/rhinos-the-true-king-of-owpvp.4313321/

Kalarifik
Jul 19, 2004
I'm a saucy brit
Pleasantly surprised there's so many goons playing considering how dead it was for a while. The game is still incredibly buggy and feels like they're rushing it out, but then :mmo:

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I was wondering why the DPS was so high on the Burst Rifle but I didn't realize how fast you could click the button to fire volley after volley. The DPS is pretty crazy, especially when you're under one of those infinite ammo buffs.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
At level 23, I still haven't bought any perks because I don't want to gently caress something up and then have to spend a significant amount to respec. Rather just wait until I know what I'm doing better. Also, I assume the perk point rate speeds up at some point, because one every 4 levels, and starting at level 10, is not going to give us 21 points by level 40...

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS

Inimicul posted:

Persistence is underwhelming right now. It starts at 3 hp/sec at level 10 and scales up to 12 hp/sec at level 40. Not worth the points. Resilient plating heals you for 25% of your max health every tick until you get back up to 25% health. Considering you can be over 40k health at higher levels, that's significant. On my mammoth it regularly kicks in and heals for about 350/tick so going with a massive resist / hp build is a good combo on that frame.

The Rhino would be better off focusing on the shield abilities which are hilariously broken right now. http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/rhinos-the-true-king-of-owpvp.4313321/

Do you think you could do an effortpost with your thoughts on which perks are good and which are not so good for each frame? I'd love to know what perks I should be taking for my nighthawk.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Fina posted:

I was wondering why the DPS was so high on the Burst Rifle but I didn't realize how fast you could click the button to fire volley after volley. The DPS is pretty crazy, especially when you're under one of those infinite ammo buffs.

Yeah the real downside is when you need to use it at range, the COF blooms pretty fast. I like how they have balanced DPS based on things like accuracy or AOE, it actually makes sense. It's also why I can't stand shotguns. Their DPS might be through the roof, but good lord that reload. :gonk:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Daysvala posted:

Do you think you could do an effortpost with your thoughts on which perks are good and which are not so good for each frame? I'd love to know what perks I should be taking for my nighthawk.

I'm curious to know how far the Arcing Bolts perk stretches on the Rhino Laser MG because it might be a nice substitute for the Mammoth Plasma MG.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Kalarifik posted:

Pleasantly surprised there's so many goons playing considering how dead it was for a while. The game is still incredibly buggy and feels like they're rushing it out, but then :mmo:

It's in a pretty sad state even by MMO launch standards, but given the amount of progress they've made this year compared to what a clusterfuck their development process used to be, I think it might be a pretty good game by 2015.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Westy543 posted:

Yeah the real downside is when you need to use it at range, the COF blooms pretty fast. I like how they have balanced DPS based on things like accuracy or AOE, it actually makes sense. It's also why I can't stand shotguns. Their DPS might be through the roof, but good lord that reload. :gonk:

Shotguns are for two classes, assaults with the new and improved Overcharge, and whatever Recon variant gets power-field. Even then, the real killer for shotgun effectiveness isn't the reload but desync. You can center your cursor on a stationary Chosen shock trooper and do anywhere from 1/3 to 0 of their health when you pull the trigger, and there's basically no way to predict which direction you should adjust your aim.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Yeah I used an Overcharged shotgun on some mission where I had to break some Chosen equipment and the shotgun completely wrecked that poo poo faster than any of my other weapons. It really starts to suck when you're fighting anything that moves even a little.

I've been stacking all of the run speed, sprint speed, jump height perks along with the run speed core on my Assault and holy hell I'm moving fast. Along with a glider and recharge-boosted Afterburner and I'm zipping around like a madman.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Just re-installed this and applied to GOONS. Haven't played since last year, and I'm totally lost. I need an intro but don't want to delete my character :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Gerdalti posted:

Just re-installed this and applied to GOONS. Haven't played since last year, and I'm totally lost. I need an intro but don't want to delete my character :(

Make a new account to play the intro then. Toss it when you're done.

• Locked thread