Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

Lotish posted:

I do wish that Wolverine movie hadn't hosed up Deadpool because I really liked the idea of Reynolds having his own Deadpool movie to joke around from start to finish.

An opening sequence from the one of the Deadpool scripts involves a Deadpool action figure from Wolverine: Origins sitting in a trashcan while Reynold's narrates "The day that came out was the worst day of my life." Then it pans over and you see he's talking about some 70s album he's holding.

Also, there's a sequence of him being in a car that explodes while "Angel of the Morning" blares inappropriately out of the speakers and it's just the Deadpoolsiest thing.

Also: Kwality

Yancy_Street has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Jul 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Saint Sputnik posted:

It's some kind of dummy judging by the weird elbow and the way the face and hands are in a fixed position, but how did they do that sweet skeleton explosion effect? Did they use one of these?

They definitely did for the Salvation movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1qsQgbJ48A

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

OK Octopus posted:

Also: Kwality

Man, this looks straight out of Roger Rabbit.

OldMold
Jul 29, 2003
old cold gold mold

Robert Denby posted:

unless people have specific scenes I'm going to post some stuff from other movies.

How about Arnie's first fight scene in Total Recall - in the alcove with the construction workers.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

OldMold posted:

How about Arnie's first fight scene in Total Recall - in the alcove with the construction workers.

I'd love to put in a request for any Verhoven or Carpenter film to be gif'd. They all have such great moments.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Political Whores has a new favorite as of 23:36 on Jul 26, 2014

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ahahahaha, what the gently caress man.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Saint Sputnik posted:

It's some kind of dummy judging by the weird elbow and the way the face and hands are in a fixed position, but how did they do that sweet skeleton explosion effect? Did they use one of these?

It still tickles me that they made a toy based on a trailer for the movie rather than an actual scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKtWhBtvHQU

Avulsion posted:

Please post the minigun scene.

Doctor Bishop posted:

Ya, I got a request. Please do the scene where the T-1000 unintentionally has his hand take on the texture of a guardrail and then flaps it back to normal. :gay:
Will put those up tomorrow. In the meantime...

If you ever get the chance to see a midnight screening of this, by all means do it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Hot dogs?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Utopia, Channel 4 series

It's really pretty and really brutal.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Robert Denby posted:

It still tickles me that they made a toy based on a trailer for the movie rather than an actual scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKtWhBtvHQU

If you ever get the chance to see a midnight screening of this, by all means do it.

Vegas goon?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

It't this literally what CineD believes the subtext of the film is?

Robert Denby posted:

I will still say that Mask of the Phantasm is my favorite Batman film :colbert:

Tracula has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Jul 27, 2014

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Stop it. You guys are making me really want to watch Blade 2 and *shudder" Blade 3. Stop it. Blade 2 was at least directed by Del Toro. Blade 3 should have been called a comedy. Who would knowingly cast comedians in a horror and not expect it turn out (hilariously?) bad.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

poptart_fairy posted:

Ahahahaha, what the gently caress man.

Hulk smash

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

sigma 6 posted:

Stop it. You guys are making me really want to watch Blade 2 and *shudder" Blade 3. Stop it. Blade 2 was at least directed by Del Toro. Blade 3 should have been called a comedy. Who would knowingly cast comedians in a horror and not expect it turn out (hilariously?) bad.

Blade 2 is decent to pretty good. Blade 3 is a trainwreck that you can't stop watching.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...2=0&authorName=

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Robert Denby posted:

Gonna take a break from the "T2" gifs for right now, unless people have specific scenes I'm going to post some stuff from other movies.

Basticle posted:

Robert Denby posted:

On one of the DVD releases there’s a commentary with James Cameron where he laments how Robert Patrick’s junk is supposed to be obscured. He says something along the lines of “I have somewhere a $10,000 check that says ‘digital penis removal’ and you can still see his dick in the scene somehow.”

Something like that probably came down to the shots being done late in post-production. From what I’ve heard, a lot of lovely effects work happens when things get super-rushed in order to make the release date.

Content!

Anyway you could make this smaller dimensionally? tia

:frogbon:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Tracula posted:

Just SuperMechaGodzilla.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Holy poo poo. I've seen a lot of NSFW stuff in my time. Some if it's NSFW only if you work for the Girl Scouts or something. That's NSFW even if you work for Motherless.com.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

cool, thanks :thumbsup:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I didn't know they were doing a remake of The Blues Brothers.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
This is the guy that drove through Wichita city hall, right? I think that happened in 2008.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there a release date for Kingdom Hearts 3 yet?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Even more than that Hulk-loving gif, this makes me go "WHY???"

Who wants this movie to exist??

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I see you're mourning the tragic desecration of a glorified toy advert from your youth

I'm sorry for your loss

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Chard posted:

Even more than that Hulk-loving gif, this makes me go "WHY???"

Who wants this movie to exist??

There's an episode of Kids React, where they shows the trailer for this movie to kids, and most of them couldn't even give a gently caress about this because of how weird it looks.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Amphigory posted:

I see you're mourning the tragic desecration of a glorified toy advert from your youth

I'm sorry for your loss

IDGAF about the Turtles and I'm wondering who in 2014 actually does. There is no reason for this to exist.

e: except blind greed, of course. It's just so tone deaf :shrug:

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Chard posted:

IDGAF about the Turtles and I'm wondering who in 2014 actually does. There is no reason for this to exist.

e: except blind greed, of course. It's just so tone deaf :shrug:

I think you've answered your own question. No one cared about them in the past until toy companies made them the hottest poo poo. You realise we're up to Transformers 5 or something now, right? Money is the only reason most things exist, I hate to break it to you

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Here's two gifs you need to wait and watch for a moment to really appreciate :)

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Tracula posted:

Oh Jesus… Thanks for reminding me of the pages and pages of :byodood: THIS SCENE IS TOTALLY A METAPHOR FOR RAPE in CineD when that movie came out.

Tracula posted:

I will still say that Mask of the Phantasm is my favorite Batman film :colbert:
I'd have to agree, especially after seeing it recently. By the way, if you have a Landmark Theater near you, check their schedule because some of them have been showing it (in 35mm no less) at midnight showings. Its the best paced of them all certainly. Hell of a supporting cast: Stacey Keach, Hart Bochner, Abe Vigoda, Dick Miller, and Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. Might also be the most misanthropic kids movie ever made with Batman losing horribly and having his love interest turn out to be a mass murderer.

Is there a video for this one?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Amphigory posted:

I'm sorry for your loss

I'm sorry, but this is one of the greatest moments in cinematic history.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Amphigory posted:

I think you've answered your own question. No one cared about them in the past until toy companies made them the hottest poo poo. You realise we're up to Transformers 5 or something now, right? Money is the only reason most things exist, I hate to break it to you

My point was that there probably isn't even a market these days, thanks for your attempt though!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Basticle posted:

Anyway you could make this smaller dimensionally? tia

:frogbon:

It would help if you said what you needed it for, like an avatar or something? Or just randomly smaller?
Here it is smaller, ranging from useless to also useless to maybe what you meant?:

Also a cat gif for the thread:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chard posted:

My point was that there probably isn't even a market these days, thanks for your attempt though!

So I guess you're unaware of the new cartoon on Nickelodeon? It started in 2012, and it's actually pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
There's an extremely popular (among kids) new CG TMNT cartoon airing on Nick right now, so there's obviously a market.

• Locked thread