Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Bertrand Hustle posted:

My favorite is that the assholes spewing the usual racist garbage about Obama are the very same ones who would tell anyone criticizing Bush 6+ years ago that they should respect the office of the President even if they didn't like the man himself.

Where's that respect now, you stupid jackholes?

I remember when the Dixie Chicks criticised Bush and it nearly ended their career. You shouldn't speak out against your elected officials! Unless their black, then they should be lynchedimpeached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Soviet Commubot posted:

When I was at university in the States I had people telling me that if I hadn't gone into the Army I wouldn't have had any financial aid because I'm white. My family's net come (we were farmers so the gross and net are pretty different) was something like $8k so I'm sure we'd have tons of financial aid. Couldn't convince dumb white middle class people of this though.

Depends. FAFSA doesn't use net, it uses adjusted gross income. So depending on deductions, it'd not be as much as $8k net would make you think it'd be.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Just removed a guy from high school off my facebook because he want from harmless conspiracy to full blown anti-feminist rants about how women actually are more often the abusive person in the relationship, how feminism is anti-male and destructive, etc etc. Didn't even think to screen cap before I axed his crazy rear end. The best part? The insane racist I've posted in this thread's previous incarnation is his older brother.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The Comna posted:

That person is a humongous piece of poo poo. I hope you removed them from your friend's list.

Nah; I get too much schadenfreude out of her shambles of a life. Every 6 months she meets the love of her life only to have it fall apart in hilarious fashion later. In between there's fun things like wondering why she's having a hard time getting a job in between photos of her ripping bong hits.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

"No scholarships just for white people."

http://www.schoolsoup.com/scholarship-directory/club-and-association/children-of-the-confederacy/ :jerkbag:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Anytime I hear about The Confederacy, it just makes me think of Arcturus Mengsk, who was a real prick.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The fact that it looks more like Xena then Wonder Woman is really the only thing wrong with her.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Wonder Woman movie has the potential to be really empowering or really bad, hopefully it is the former.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

So someone hasn't read comics since the early 80's.

Including the comic that this story is going to be (loosely) based on.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

CharlestheHammer posted:

So someone hasn't read comics since the early 80's.

Including the comic that this story is going to be (loosely) based on.

The DCU ended in 1985 with Crisis on Infinite Earths. Nothing published since then has been canon. :colbert:

I'm more concerned that Gadot is too petite for the role; she doesn't have the width in the shoulders and biceps. Of course, that's hardly her fault; you can't pad out a costume when there's nothing to hide behind.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Also she would kind of need to be big, although most modern depictions seem to forget she's an Amazonian

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Isn't she a daughter of Zeus too?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Excels posted:

Also she would kind of need to be big, although most modern depictions seem to forget she's an Amazonian

Wonder Woman :swoon:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Nope. Too skinny. And her shoulders should be larger,bigger biceps, remove the high heels, this is not an Amazonian or the Wonder Woman in the COMICS!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Desperado Bones posted:

Nope. Too skinny. And her shoulders should be larger,bigger biceps, remove the high heels, this is not an Amazonian or the Wonder Woman in the COMICS!

Its not really accurate to the comics either, but that is because finding a women in comics not looking like a super skinny supermodel is an impossible task.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Its not really accurate to the comics either, but that is because finding a women in comics not looking like a super skinny supermodel is an impossible task.

There was actually some dude getting angry because the actress/model chosen for Wonder Woman was too skinny for his liking, and the colors were too earthly,and she was using a metal plate, and a skirt,and I dunno what else(sorry no screencaps, it was the usual boring nerd rant). For a moment I thought he wanted to see Chris Hemsworth in drag.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Desperado Bones posted:

For a moment I thought he wanted to see Chris Hemsworth in drag.

Well poo poo now I'm disappointed it's not.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

poo poo, if that was who they cast, maybe I'd finally be interested in something DC made.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Desperado Bones posted:

There was actually some dude getting angry because the actress/model chosen for Wonder Woman was too skinny for his liking, and the colors were too earthly,and she was using a metal plate, and a skirt,and I dunno what else(sorry no screencaps, it was the usual boring nerd rant). For a moment I thought he wanted to see Chris Hemsworth in drag.

Getting someone is not what is commonly seen as attractive to play a role in comics/movies is not something you see out of the typical nerd.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Is she a large, petite or beautiful Amazonian?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
This showed up on my feed, and instead of just scrolling past, I felt the need to snopes it simply because it is a horrible image. Also, it has a fake sounding anecdote.

And here's the snopes article as to why it's not a very reliable indicator.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/stroke.asp

I would think that the terrible quality of the image would be a red flag to anyone posting this that it might not be from a reliable source, but nope.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I've got some idiocy. Behold!

Pink is my ex-wife, blue is her current boyfriend I guess, and green is his ex. This would be idiot enough, but then hours later, this happened.

Yep, that's the same blue. :psyboom:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Wizard of Smart posted:

Pink is my ex-wife, blue is her current boyfriend I guess, and green is his ex. This would be idiot enough, but then hours later, this happened.

Lol. I was like,"Well that's awkward as hell to put out for the public." Then I got to the second post.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Wizard of Smart posted:

Did you take these screen shots at the same time? Cause if you did, then the second one came first, going by the time stamps, and Facebook was showing your timeline in Top Stories view instead of Most Recent making them out of order.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I guess she left her phone open or something.

EDIT: Or that ^^^

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Orgophlax posted:

Did you take these screen shots at the same time? Cause if you did, then the second one came first, going by the time stamps, and Facebook was showing your timeline in Top Stories view instead of Most Recent making them out of order.

No, I didn't. Note the use of "hours later" in my post, and the times in the upper right corner.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Bored posted:

This showed up on my feed, and instead of just scrolling past, I felt the need to snopes it simply because it is a horrible image. Also, it has a fake sounding anecdote.

And here's the snopes article as to why it's not a very reliable indicator.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/stroke.asp

I would think that the terrible quality of the image would be a red flag to anyone posting this that it might not be from a reliable source, but nope.

Hah, this story has been taped to our office fridge for the last 2 years going by the timestamp at the bottom. Without the terrible picture and typos, obviously.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

No you did not.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Well it makes u think tho

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

Isn't the current leading theory (the big bang) indicating that all matter in the universe was packed into a space smaller than a single atom to begin with?

... I'm the universes soul mate, whoa.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

karl fungus posted:

Until they start supporting programs to care for kids that are born in disadvantaged situations, the term for them should stop being "pro-life" and instead be "anti-choice"

I'm not sure I get this train of thought. I live in a very red state and we've had free healthcare for poor kids since the late 90's, via a law passed by a Republican controlled Congress.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

space kobold posted:

Isn't the current leading theory (the big bang) indicating that all matter in the universe was packed into a space smaller than a single atom to begin with?

... I'm the universes soul mate, whoa.

We ALL are. The universe is a real slut.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Excels posted:

Wonder Woman movie has the potential to be really empowering or really bad, hopefully it is the former.

Well, given that the movie's being made by Zack "Sucker Punch" Snyder, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

I was going through my activity log and found an old comment thread on a public page with these two gems in it.

I wish I'd caught them earlier, but better late than never I guess.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Well, given that the movie's being made by Zack "Sucker Punch" Snyder, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

And since it's being made by Zack "Man of Steel" Snyder you can be sure it'll miss everything that's endearing and central to WW while pretending to be progressive, feminist and anti-misogynistic.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Guy on deviantart gets incredibly buttmad over Hyrule Warriors

quote:

Well, I'm going to be gone for the next week in Oregon, taking a trip there with my girlfriend and visiting family. If you need to contact me, I probably won't get back to you until August 1st.

I also think I'll be taking a vacation from Hyrule: Total War and the Legend of Zelda for a long time. I really think I'm just going to stop following everything Zelda related, news, groups, everything. Each new video they show of Hyrule Warriors upsets me more than it should any normal healthy human being. Seeing Link grab the entire planet and flip the world upside down... and people actually praising and enjoying something so juvenile deeply concerns me. But who am I to tell people what is really cool and what is absolutely mind crushingly stupid? So with that I think I'm done with the Zelda series. It's become so incredibly stupid for me personally. I don't know how any of you fans can possible enjoy it at this point, but I deeply and honestly envy you all and the fun you'll be having with Hyrule Warriors. I sincerely hope you enjoy the game and have fun in my place. I don't think I'll be touching Hyrule: Total War for a long time either. My fandom and interest in Zelda is at an absolute low and I've completely lost faith in whoever is making these decisions at Nintendo/Team Ninja/Ninja Theory/Omegaextreeeemmmeee or whoever is working on these things. All I am is bitter and angry at them and the Zelda fanbase, so I think for my sake I'll step away.

And now to go hiking and exploring the wilderness towards Multnomah Falls, just like those old Zelda games I used to like.
I'm sorry you want your video game series with a transforming pigman to be serious.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

And now those same quarters are worth 18.75, so congrats on your 8 dollar pay cut you dumb jpeg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Moatman posted:

what is really cool and what is absolutely mind crushingly stupid?

His first mistake is thinking the two are mutually exclusive.

e; In fairness though he's at least saying "Yeah this is making me mad so I'm stepping back for awhile", which is still bad because Hyrule Warriors looks rad as poo poo, but it's better than most of the nerds who get mad about these kinds of things.

• Locked thread