Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bastion was an iPhone game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Acquire Currency! posted:

Bastion was an iPhone game.

No it wasn't, it was an Xbox & PC game. The iOS port came out much later.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah, it's made in XNA. It was originally for Xbox 360 and it took them a while to get a publisher.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Waking Mars and Year Walk were both mobile games first and both are real good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waking Mars is pretty good, a little clunky but it seems like all mobile ports are. And Fester Mudd is alright if you like point n clicks. Pretty basic but it's okay.

Also 2013 GOTY McPixel.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

revdrkevind posted:

Not to get all that way or anything. But although I liked what I played of the game so far, the early game does go out of its way to point out that Lara can only survive because a man trained her and is (spiritually) everpresent to remind her of all the things that he taught her. Did they really need that angle? I imagine it's ultimately related to some plot twist or drama of him being captured or whatever. But still, now every time Lara gets hurt I keep feeling like it's that sickening way that pretty girls always get hurt in horror movies, and not just that they made a gritty game that happened to have a woman in it. I keep picturing neckbeard coders going "oh in this part we can REALLY hurt her... (wheeze, asthma inhaler)... and like then we can break her leg and then she'll be trapped and helpless (getting ever more out of breath)."

My impression of those sequences was, '...aaaand now the ledge breaks without warning, ruining the player's trust in basic tells and dropping Lara onto a Goonies slide into the unknown. Who the gently caress designed this, Professor Zoom?'

Enjoyed the game though, and those fortunately rare moments when something does break unexpectedly under your weight were really effective for me. Loved all the exploring and clambering, but the wave defense sequences were a drag. Looking forward to the next one.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

botany posted:

For the last couple of days, my steam client has been acting up. I can still play games, but the client can no longer load the front page or any specific store pages. This works in my browser, but not in the client. Anybody know what to do? Just reinstall?

This was a problem in the first version of current beta. It was fixed in an update few hours later.
If you are opted in the beta and for some reason it did not update automatically, I'd try Steam->Check for Steam client updates

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I was thinking about just getting plain Diablo 3 from the g2a sale. Am I missing out on mechanical updates to the game if I don't have the DLC or is it just more classes and levels to play?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I was thinking about just getting plain Diablo 3 from the g2a sale. Am I missing out on mechanical updates to the game if I don't have the DLC or is it just more classes and levels to play?

You won't get Adventure Mode, which is what everyone online is playing these days as the story mode sucks rear end and you've got much better loot opportunities from Rifts in Adventure Mode.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Is the G2A site not working for anyone else? It looks like Reaper of Souls restocked, but I can't do anything on the site or even add it to my cart.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

Waking Mars and Year Walk were both mobile games first and both are real good.

Throwing in agreement for Waking Mars, it's a puzzle-first adventure game with two PoC as the lead characters and a focus on exploration. The 'tune-in Tokyo' bits at the end can loving diaf though.

Murdered: Soul Suspect is pretty fun so far. Combat is strictly stealth assassinations so far and the body-hopping hasn't gotten old yet. Also,

Press Y to Meow. Good poo poo.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Waking Mars is amazing, but those tuning 'puzzles' and that long 'lower the siphons' sequence are just loving awful. It's possible to completely gently caress ecosystems after a while, but once you reach that point you should have an idea of how not to, and hopefully how to fix it.

Year walk is just loving neat. You'll need a guide to get all of the achievements though. One's based on information from a completely unrelated game.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
I'm thiiis close to buying Fallout 2 but I figured I'd ask if that's one of those games everyone has spare keys of, on account of gog giving it away. I'm not just begging for keys I'm also contributing to the discussion as evidenced by the following nugget: Early Access games are bad :]

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.

MPLS to NOLA posted:

I'm thiiis close to buying Fallout 2 but I figured I'd ask if that's one of those games everyone has spare keys of, on account of gog giving it away. I'm not just begging for keys I'm also contributing to the discussion as evidenced by the following nugget: Early Access games are bad :]
I don't think the keys gog gave away for the Fallout games are able to be activated anymore unfortunately.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mr. Fortitude posted:

You won't get Adventure Mode, which is what everyone online is playing these days as the story mode sucks rear end and you've got much better loot opportunities from Rifts in Adventure Mode.

Don't you need the expansion for level 70? I can't remember. But if so, the higher level cap with the extra passive slot opens up a bunch of build opportunities.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Papercut posted:

Don't you need the expansion for level 70? I can't remember. But if so, the higher level cap with the extra passive slot opens up a bunch of build opportunities.

The expansion gives you:
    The Crusader Class
    Levels 61-70
    Act V
    Adventure Mode

Might be forgetting something though.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Everblight posted:

Also,

Press Y to Meow. Good poo poo.
Welp, I guess I'm buying it. I can't resist ridiculousness in games.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Brannock posted:

Is the G2A site not working for anyone else? It looks like Reaper of Souls restocked, but I can't do anything on the site or even add it to my cart.

Oh cool once it finally starts working again all the RoS keys are sold out again. :waycool:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Brannock posted:

Oh cool once it finally starts working again all the RoS keys are sold out again. :waycool:

God dammit, I was waiting to see what the daily deal was before taking the plunge, and it still hasn't shown up.

nightfries
Apr 5, 2004