Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Horimiya yay! :woop:

Seems like we might get a bit into Miyamura's past, or this could've been a one-off. It also has a great shot of Hori Being Furious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Reading the part with the dream I think I had a little something in my eye

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The last bonus chapter for Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun! Be sure to keep reading past the credits for one last thing.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I wish the ad for a sequel was a real thing, but unfortunately it says it's fictional. :smith: I wouldn't mind reading about adults in shoujo for once.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Don't forget that volume 3 comes out next week.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Allarion posted:

The last bonus chapter for Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun! Be sure to keep reading past the credits for one last thing.
That is certainly a...unique final page to end one's shoujo series on. Final story page that is, not the hilarious fake epilogue.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 26, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Perfectly happy with the ending to the anime version of Lovely Complex, but am I missing out on much by not reading the manga? Kind of in the middle of a bunch of stuff and don't want to start anything new at the moment.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Perfectly happy with the ending to the anime version of Lovely Complex, but am I missing out on much by not reading the manga? Kind of in the middle of a bunch of stuff and don't want to start anything new at the moment.

Naw, the endings are the same, all you're missing is Nakahara's artwork (which is always nice, to be fair) and a whole lot more ":ohdear: oh noes can they stay together, now that they've finally started dating. :ohdear:" that they excised for the anime.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New House of the Sun, sadly it's an extra chapter. Also a bummer of an extra chapter.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Taiyou-no-Ie/Vol-010-Ch-040-005--An-Oblivious-Girl?id=203594

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I think someone posted this series in the thread before, but Ojojojo is extremely cute. It's short but the romance is surprisingly straightforward and light-hearted. It made me go "aww" more than a few times! :)

Most recent chapter spoilers: such a drama-free confession for once. Usually a shoujo series would end around here, but not this one :3:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

New House of the Sun, sadly it's an extra chapter. Also a bummer of an extra chapter.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Taiyou-no-Ie/Vol-010-Ch-040-005--An-Oblivious-Girl?id=203594
Oh my god you tease just show us what happens next, all these extra chapters are great but goddammit I need to know what happens! :argh:

Nondevor posted:

I think someone posted this series in the thread before, but Ojojojo is extremely cute. It's short but the romance is surprisingly straightforward and light-hearted. It made me go "aww" more than a few times! :)

Most recent chapter spoilers: such a drama-free confession for once. Usually a shoujo series would end around here, but not this one :3:
This is cute though.

Terper fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 27, 2014

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Nondevor posted:

I actually went and looked it up on myanimelist to be sure that wasn't suddenly canceled or anything when that chapter went up. Nope! This looks like it's gonna be a good ride for a while yet.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Poil posted:

This seems as bad a time and place as any to ask. :v:
Can anyone recommend some romance anime (or manga but preferably anime) similar to Aoi Hana? I... have a weak spot for yuri. But please no ecchi stuff.

I've already seen/read Strawberry Panic, Sasameki Koto, Marimite, Girl Friends, Blue Drop, Sakura Trick, Akuma no Riddle (if that counts) and then a whole lot of garbage I'd rather not remember.

Another one I like is a manga called Dandelion Among Lilies. It's one of the few mangas I've seen that star adult protagonists, and I like it for that reason alone. Unfortunately it ran into production issues early on that weren't the author's fault (something about the magazine she was writing in going belly-up), so it was forced to end earlier than the author probably wanted, but there's still good stuff there. The art is really good, and the story at the very least will probably make you want to see things through to the end, just to see how everything turns out. I really hope the author does more in the future.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Since we're talking yuri. What is the thread consensus on Citrus?

I'm enjoying it a lot but people goes nuclear over it with each new chapter.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think something going for both the yuri and sis-con crowd is best avoided to be honest, even if they're stepsisters.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Recently I discovered a shounen romance called Mahou Tsukai no Yome or The Ancient Magus Bride. The setup is a little odd. Our main character is a 16 year old japanese girl who is being bid on in an occult auction. The male lead is an inhuman sorcerer who wins the auction, frees her, and makes her his apprentice. There's a slowly devolving love story between them, but mostly it's adventures with magical things like fairies and dragons. There's only 8 chapters so far, but it seems interesting.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's really good. Reminds me a little of The Books of Magic and a 2000AD series I'm forgetting the name of.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The last days I've read more manga than I have before in my entire life combined. Thanks a lot guys. :3:

Oh, and all the sex in Octave wasn't a problem at all. It seemed fairly similar to the stuff in Nana. It's just that after a few horrible mistakes I'm very wary against sex scenes in anime/manga.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Baron Snow posted:

Recently I discovered a shounen romance called Mahou Tsukai no Yome or The Ancient Magus Bride. The setup is a little odd. Our main character is a 16 year old japanese girl who is being bid on in an occult auction. The male lead is an inhuman sorcerer who wins the auction, frees her, and makes her his apprentice. There's a slowly devolving love story between them, but mostly it's adventures with magical things like fairies and dragons. There's only 8 chapters so far, but it seems interesting.

I really like the art and premise for this so far. Thanks for sharing! :)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Kimi ni Todoke 91. Nice to have a reminder that Sawako is in fact a character in this manga too, even if it was only for the briefest of moments.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 29, 2014

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Oh hey, Secret Recipe is finished now. Cutesy yuri by Morinaga Milk, for anyone who hasn't been following it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Kakukaku Shikajika updated! If you haven't been following it, it's the autobiographical manga from the author of Princess Jellyfish, and it's also really good! We're up to the point where she's less lovably aimless and selfish and is actually working hard but it's still funny and I want to see where it goes!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Kimi ni Todoke 91. Nice to have a reminder that Sawako is in fact a character in this manga too, even if it was only for the briefest of moments.
yay!

The Devil Tesla posted:

Kakukaku Shikajika updated! If you haven't been following it, it's the autobiographical manga from the author of Princess Jellyfish, and it's also really good! We're up to the point where she's less lovably aimless and selfish and is actually working hard but it's still funny and I want to see where it goes!
Yyaayy!!

quote:

This year's 17th issue of Hakusensha's Hana to Yume magazine is announcing on Tuesday that Julietta Suzuki's Kamisama Kiss (Kamisama Hajimemashita) manga is inspiring a second television anime season.
Yyyaaayyy!!!

And lastly:

Blhue posted:

Oh hey, Secret Recipe is finished now. Cutesy yuri by Morinaga Milk, for anyone who hasn't been following it.
Cool, I'd fallen behind on it for some reason. Is it more interesting than School Police? I kinda got bored with that and let it slip off my radar.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

a kitten posted:

Cool, I'd fallen behind on it for some reason. Is it more interesting than School Police? I kinda got bored with that and let it slip off my radar.

'S alright. I wouldn't call it great but its worth reading.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Kamisama Hajimemashita 2nd season

What? That's awesome!

I kinda quit reading Kakukaku Shikajika a while back because while it is really good, it is also really good at making me feel sympathetic embarrassment and I had to stop. I need to catch up on it, especially if it's moved beyond that part.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

The Devil Tesla posted:

"It's the best!" as Cooking Papa would say. I like Kuragehime but I look forward to Kakukaku so much more nowadays.

And now she's writing one (I guess Kuragehime is about that in some respects, too).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh my gosh you guys, it's another chapter of Ore Monogatari!!!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The faces in that chapter are amazing.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Ore Monogatari!!! remains amazingly sweet and charming. Just concentrated feel-good vibes.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Reminder: you can buy volume 1 from amazon! http://www.amazon.com/My-Love-Story-Vol-1/dp/1421571447/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407321532&sr=8-1&keywords=my+love+story%21%21

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Terper posted:

Oh my gosh you guys, it's another chapter of Ore Monogatari!!!
Yesssssssssssss. I want to buy the first volume but getting hold of it in a format I want in the UK seems tricky.

Edit: I sprained/perhaps broke my ankle playing football earlier so I'm going to spend the next 48 turning into a fossil on my bed. I need a long, complete page turner to distract me from the molten ball of pain at the end of my leg. Manga about adults is preferable but I'll take high schoolers if they aren't completely uguu.

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 6, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

hey what is the comic where the guy and the girl work at the theme park. the girl is like the idol for the theme park and the guy is like a gardener. my friend was telling me about it and she couldnt remember the name.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

hey what is the comic where the guy and the girl work at the theme park. the girl is like the idol for the theme park and the guy is like a gardener. my friend was telling me about it and she couldnt remember the name.

Itoshi no Karin

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Vesi posted:

Itoshi no Karin

that is it. thank you. we tried googling all sorts of different stuff last night and couldnt find it for some reason.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Hey look, it's another chapter of Ore Monogatari! I guess they're picking up the pace on translation.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
These two are an amazing couple.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Suna is a pretty cool friend with all the peptalks he constantly gives. All of those reactions in the first 15 pages were made even better by the total lack of explanation. :allears:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Those chapters couldn't have come at a better time. I don't think any manga makes me laugh purely with the expressions the characters make. The artist conveys their personalities so well.

I'm not sure where Suna's character is going. I wonder if there'll be a followup to the chapter about his dad.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Are there any romance manga/anime where the main character ends up with someone other than the first guy/girl(aka "destiny person") they see?

Destiny is cool, but I'd rather read something that breaks the mold as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

L-O-N posted:

Are there any romance manga/anime where the main character ends up with someone other than the first guy/girl(aka "destiny person") they see?

Destiny is cool, but I'd rather read something that breaks the mold as well.

If harem counts as romance, Ichigo 100% does this. It's not a good manga, though. My only excuse for reading it is youth.

Oh, and the Shuffle! anime. But again, harem, not all that good (better, though).

edit: spoiler tags, why not

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 8, 2014