Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

It seems a lot of people are also thinking that the Stunticons are going to be the throttlebots. :stare:

If it ever happens, this will be undeniable proof that Hasbro is keeping third parties around as test pools and free R&D.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MP Prowl's out in the US.

Also Kreos transform now.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Knormal posted:

MP Prowl's out in the US.

Kreos look nice.

Any product number on Prowl? I'm less than a week away from a move and I'd like to call ahead to the local store while I'm still here and see when they're getting it. Guess I could always order him online and get him delivered to my parents or something.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Baltmatrix just put out a Leader Jetfire Review.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
So! What's a good way to mask off uneven surfaces for plasti dip? Silly putty? Because I agree with annoying youtube guy about the lack of paint on the gun barrels.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Gatdamn, I am so excited for Combiner wars you don't even know.

I looooove Gestalts. Superion and Menasor look great. I'm even gonna get that Voyager prime for shits and giggles just
to imagine it's a Masquerade reference. :v:

Edit:

Hey, somebody uploaded footage from the TF Panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnj2qGYNGlY&t=38s

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 27, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Knormal posted:

Yes, Hasbro, we're cool now. I forgive you for Prime Prowl.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

Zaa Boogie posted:

Same. I really want an official devastator with a prowl head. I can't justify buying a third party obscenely priced one, even if I do get tempted every so often.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The new Menasor combined looks a whole lot better compared to the G1 version which was just a refrigerator with arms and legs.

Yeah the head sculpt looks a bit weird but being that the only versions of the combining Stunticons are G1, PCC Crankcase(he's supposed to be Motormaster), and PCC Over-Run(Dragstrip) he looks the best of the bunch overall.

Same with Superion, his G1 version has ittybitty arms, his energon and Universe 2.0 versions were both really weak, and his PCC type guy was especially pathetic. The Generations version is probably the best combining Superion we've gotten.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012

Zaa Boogie posted:

Yep, absolutely stoked about getting official combiners. I don't care that they won't be nearly as intricate as the third party poo poo. Now just the wait.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That Blast Off is giving me a nerd chub.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That is so nice. If I somehow end up with lots of disposable income I might want to get Warbotron once all of them are out. It's me, I'm the Bruticus whore and I must have everything Onslaught-related.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
That blast off is the centerpiece of my blast off shrine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YES. Got a line on a 100% complete G1 Menasor!

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK
New Thew!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxcCNUbDHfU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it, Rattrap is going to be another elusive as gently caress figure and impossible to find isn't he?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm not sure, has he even shown up in stores officially? Tankor doesn't interest me that much but if I see rattrap I'd pick him up, I'd pretty much have to so he keeps Rhinox and Waspinator company.

Just picked up AoE Hound, it's a smallish voyager but he's super fun, cool to transform and comes loaded with weapons. Plus he's robo John Goodman. I really, really recommend this guy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

I'm not sure, has he even shown up in stores officially? Tankor doesn't interest me that much but if I see rattrap I'd pick him up, I'd pretty much have to so he keeps Rhinox and Waspinator company.

Just picked up AoE Hound, it's a smallish voyager but he's super fun, cool to transform and comes loaded with weapons. Plus he's robo John Goodman. I really, really recommend this guy.

I don't know, I never saw a single Waspinator anywhere and he's already commanding a healthy price on the secondary market.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh, that's because the Waspinator / Skids wave was incredibly under-produced so they had to make more and it's supposedly coming again in... September or October, I think? Tankor and Rattrap might start showing up soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Oh, that's because the Waspinator / Skids wave was incredibly under-produced so they had to make more and it's supposedly coming again in... September or October, I think? Tankor and Rattrap might start showing up soon.

I found two Tankor's at Meijer a few days ago so I'm a bit hopeful then.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Every generations figure is going to be harder to come by in a year where they put a movie line in generations and then retailers ordered enough snap into a one step switch blade transformers to drown an elephant in.

I'm sort of imagining I should just pre-order Windblade from BBTS and be done with the thought.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Me: Ok, I think I'm gonna try and downgrade my spending a little, maybe just stick to the Masterpiece line. Hell, I've even managed to get top quality KOs of them for Voyager price.

Hasbro: heyyyy Doc, did you see our combiners coming up in 2015? And Jetfire?

Me: oh gently caress you.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Man, the SDCC Dinobot set is really gorgeous, and you can get Slog from amazon to complete it. Kinda makes me wish they G1-ified Scorn too. he'd just fit right in. And that transforming box just steals the show!

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

These one-step changer shenanigans are ridiculous. I haven't seen one sell yet; most stores have full, untouched racks of the things, PLUS an island stocked full. Maybe two pegs of the Movie Generations (empty), and a bunch of first-wave voyagers.

TRU's got in the Minicon/Armada SS/Scoop/Skywarp wave, at least.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Man, the SDCC Dinobot set is really gorgeous, and you can get Slog from amazon to complete it. Kinda makes me wish they G1-ified Scorn too. he'd just fit right in. And that transforming box just steals the show!

Yeah except for the fact that it will cost over $300 to acquire what are basically three mass-market deluxes, a voyager and a folding piece of cardboard.

I would be tempted, but with the Fansproject Dinobots coming out I don't feel a need to own these.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Besides, the more colorful mainline Dinobots are much more appealing than Slavish G1 Nostalgia Circlejerk #47.66 repeating.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

Besides, the more colorful mainline Dinobots are much more appealing than Slavish G1 Nostalgia Circlejerk #47.66 repeating.

We're getting a platinum set that is supposedly gong to be similar to the SDCC set anyways that will be mass released.

Not only that but the SDCC exclusive isn't part of Classics generations and you're crazy if you think they won't be using the Dinobot molds in the year 2015 for Classics generations.

Rhyno posted:

God drat it, Rattrap is going to be another elusive as gently caress figure and impossible to find isn't he?
he's only been out for three weeks.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-generations-rattrap-and-tankor-sighted-at-us-retail/30928/

Look someone just confirmed today they were in sufficient numbers for US retail and that was only just posted hours ago.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 28, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

he's only been out for three weeks.

I'LL NEVER FIND HIM.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

I'LL NEVER FIND HIM.

Not with that kind of attitude mister. :colbert:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

G1 dinobot colors look bad on the new molds. Plus I'm perfectly happy with caramel grimlock, straberry-fusion scorn and wild grape slug.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I want the molds to be redone with G1 bits so they can match Classic Generations Voyager grimlock.

With word of the Masters of the Universe Classics Toyline ending and confirmation that there will be NO dinosaur beast figures for it I am longing for 80's style Dinosaurs of anything.

Movie Generations don't cut it. They're not blocky enough. :colbert:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh I didn't mean to say that I'm getting the set, I just enjoyed looking at it. I'm good with my multicolor dinos.

The Taint Reaper posted:

We're getting a platinum set that is supposedly gong to be similar to the SDCC set anyways that will be mass released.

I'm not saying this won't happen after Platinum Bruticus, but what's your source on this?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got Rat Trap from BBTS. I don't really like him all that much to be honest.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I got Rat Trap from BBTS. I don't really like him all that much to be honest.

SELL HIM TO ME.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Wait on HTS, dudes.

Wave 2 AOE Voyagers still ain't up yet.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

I'm not saying this won't happen after Platinum Bruticus, but what's your source on this?

This was in the listings they found

http://www.seibertron.com/transform...t-5-pack/30827/

No idea on the colors, but the fact it's 5 Dinobots means it's a real good chance they'll be somewhat similar. Platinum Bruticus was great because you really couldn't tell if he was the SDCC one unless you had the SDCC one right next to it and the lighting had to be just right for 3 out of the 5 figures. And that's if you didn't get one of the running changes they found in the SDCC bruticus figures where blastoff was just a slight shade darker. Onslaught was identical in all the runs.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 28, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ForeverSmug posted:

Wait on HTS, dudes.

Wave 2 AOE Voyagers still ain't up yet.

I never saw Waspinator on there and I checked every day for weeks.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

I never saw Waspinator on there and I checked every day for weeks.

If HTS doesn't get it, usually amazon does.

Also I think Waspinator is getting a case refresh, or did that happen already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

If HTS doesn't get it, usually amazon does.

Also I think Waspinator is getting a case refresh, or did that happen already?

He's still going for mega bucks on Amazon.