Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
More Truthism! The Tale of Akemi continues!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

More Truthism! The Tale of Akemi continues!

Captain Invictus posted:

God I loving love this series

Me too.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I love this God of Fortune:allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think my favorite part about all this is that Akemi is actually getting character development. I honestly believed she would just be a Dick Dastardly-style moustache-twirling gag character for the majority of the series, but blammo, not only is she getting character development, but they've managed to wedge supernatural stuff in with it as well as pretty excellent comedy! I cannot wait for the anime of this. Especially the faces.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

My god the faces, they are so beautiful

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I would have enjoyed this manga a whole lot more if the main source of conflict was not "every female character dotes for the boring protagonist".

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Rexides posted:

I would have enjoyed this manga a whole lot more if the main source of conflict was not "every female character dotes for the boring protagonist".

In the end I suppose it can't help but be true to its roots as a harem romantic comedy.

EDIT: Oh gosh, it just got its own thread! That makes yet another child this thread has spawned! :aaa:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rexides posted:

That is of course a concern, but it has been excellent at making that a background thing most of the time. I feel like it's taking the piss of harem series when it does focus on it, aside from the Asahi/Youko pairing. It could all be downhill from here, who knows, but hopefully it stays more to the comedy part of romcom rather than harem romance.

Also, I made a separate thread for it, because I feel like it's a good enough series for its own thread.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

In the end I suppose it can't help but be true to its roots as a harem romantic comedy.

EDIT: Oh gosh, it just got its own thread! That makes yet another child this thread has spawned! :aaa:

Be proud of what you have done. You have done good work here

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Sakamoto, a roll model for the young. :allears:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

What a hero

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh you bastard! You're lucky this isn't the old GBS where you could get probated for puns! Ah man, reading this chapter, I had a huge grin the moment those kids started following after Sakamoto. (they missed a Beatles reference, though!) Sakamoto is just so amazing and dreamy. :swoon:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Am I allowed to double-post in my own thread? I don't know, but today I am bringing to you a story -- is it the fluffy everyday life of some middle school girls... or is it something... else?

Dead Dead Demons Dededededestruction

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
All you gotta do is mention Asano Inio and people are gonna read it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

New chapter of Voynich Hotel:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Voynich-Hotel/Ch-062--062-DAYS---?id=202759

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

I really like the designs for the demons in this. I mean, I like Dowman Sayman's art in general, but the demons in particular are fun.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

In this chapter of Saiki Kusuo, Saiki learns about guts, hard work and determination...

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
A new Saiyoko-san, where two people are hoping to share an umbrella with the person they love.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I am so glad that Sayoko-san is still being translated. There are three and a half untranslated volumes, and it gets so drat good.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
A new chapter of Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidone Suru, is up. This time about a girl who is bored with the dull life in her small town, where nothing unusual tends to happen.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/259370/daidai-wa-hantoumei-ni-nidone-suru_v1_ch4_by_namakubi

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

jackofarcades posted:

A new Saiyoko-san, where two people are hoping to share an umbrella with the person they love.

The ending of this chapter was the best thing.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Saiki Kusuo is too popular in this latest chapter. Actually I have been in a situation like his before, hiding around a corner so that a person I find bothersome won't see me!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
New Seki-kun!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I love how all pretense that they aren't just playing together has vanished. No trace of "I'm trying to study" or "I'm playing by myself" remains.

This panel in particular captures that well.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Flying Witch :ghost:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Adorable per usual. The wait for each chapter is so hard

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I love how all pretense that they aren't just playing together has vanished. No trace of "I'm trying to study" or "I'm playing by myself" remains.

This panel in particular captures that well.

Haha, it seems that gradually Gotoh's delusions are becoming true! I'm glad that this group got back to scanning / got hold of new raws for this. Always brings a smile to my ace! :)

Nope, nothing special here, just a giant girl gradually growing bigger and bigger... (It's the same manga with the talking head!)

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
New Seki

I have to wonder if Seki is just really smart and loves trolling Yokoi.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The Evil Thing posted:

New Seki

Holy poo poo. :aaa: This is the first time Seki has ever said anything!! (Granted it was as George Washington, but...)

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Evil Thing posted:

New Seki

What in the world is going on in that first panel?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

What in the world is going on in that first panel?

I think he's trying to guess what's in the box by feel alone. It's about as pointless as one of his games could get.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Exactly. It's a pretty common game on variety shows in Japan. I've used it in grade school English classes. It's pretty pointless alone, though.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Holy poo poo. :aaa: This is the first time Seki has ever said anything!! (Granted it was as George Washington, but...)

I did a double take when I read that panel. We are living in historic times.

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007
And in case it wasn't obvious, he was speaking in English in the raws.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ryuushika Ryuushika 44!

More fun with :yohoho:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

:ohdear: "Think about nice things... like bugs bigger than my feet"!

Ahhh fantastic as always. Ryuushika is like a madcap Yotsuba&!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Has this been linked here before? I forget!

The Laundromat Woman

A bunch of surreal, supernatural gag stories about a young woman who lives (haunts? :iiam: ) inside a coin-op laundromat.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Just chiming in to say thanks for putting this thread together it is some pretty good stuff. I have read like a handful of mangas ever before now, clicked on this thread on a whim and pretty much everything in here is awesome; I think I've gone through like 10 in the last month or something.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
New Zai x 10 and the beginning of part 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Allarion posted:

New Zai x 10 and the beginning of part 2.

Haha. A detail that I like is that she's got the Daredevil "DD" symbol on her eyepatch. Nice!

chunkles posted:

Just chiming in to say thanks for putting this thread together it is some pretty good stuff. I have read like a handful of mangas ever before now, clicked on this thread on a whim and pretty much everything in here is awesome; I think I've gone through like 10 in the last month or something.

Yayness! I'm glad, that's what this thread is for!

But really, there's something that the latest chapter of ZaiX10 that caught my eye...

Apparently, there's a manga out there with a schoolgirl dressed in a horse mask. What is this manga, and how do I get a hold of it? :stare:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 1, 2014

• Locked thread