Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

Yea, fall time most likely. Been going through some PC backlog and I've still got some 360 backlog. Anything on the horizon for next gen looking good for multi or co op? Honestly haven't seen anything impressive yet

not really, most games coming out this year are just multi-gen games (diablo, destiny, etc). I'll probably be getting the Halo collection thing, provided they don't butcher the multi in the first three games like they did with 4. I want a working Halo 2, not this crap they did with 4.

Mail, you use to play Halo, right? You better join me because as long as Halo 2's multi is exactly the same as it was 10 years ago, that's probably all I'm going to be playing this fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Still no closer to getting the UCAV airburst. Goddrat.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You aren't alone.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
So drat annoying. Managed to get into the bomber something like half a dozen times in one match. Two kills. Total.

:suicide:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

oh cool man my UCAV is locked even though I have over 200 kills with it and the assignment is completed.

Good to see :dice: havent changed!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

BF4 has more replayability than Destiny!

Because :dice: will take your unlocks away

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

Yea, fall time most likely. Been going through some PC backlog and I've still got some 360 backlog. Anything on the horizon for next gen looking good for multi or co op? Honestly haven't seen anything impressive yet

Evolution from the Left 4 Dead team looks awesome.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Evolution from the Left 4 Dead team looks awesome.

Evolve, and yeah, I'm psyched for that. Coming out of Judges' Week, Jeff said on the Bombcast that Evolve is one game where not working as a team and playing your class equals lose. That's more or less become my number one criterion for whether I'll enjoy a game.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Laserface posted:

oh cool man my UCAV is locked even though I have over 200 kills with it and the assignment is completed.

I found the best way is to get your kills on Silk Road. Lots of tanks just sit up in the hills and try to shell D. One set of bomb markers and he and possibly his gunner is toast.

Keep in mind there's a 90-second cooldown from when someone pops out until the trailer opens back up again. Makes it easier to stay alive when you're not constantly having to watch the door.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beelzebozo posted:

Evolve, and yeah, I'm psyched for that. Coming out of Judges' Week, Jeff said on the Bombcast that Evolve is one game where not working as a team and playing your class equals lose. That's more or less become my number one criterion for whether I'll enjoy a game.

You used to play L4D with us, right?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Beelzebozo posted:

Lots of teamwork on the monster side! I think Evolve is going to suffer from Build Order-itis, as once people figure out the efficient way to level up your monster, it'll suck the joy out.

Who's up for stickmans this weekend?

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
Think I'm finally getting the hang of revolvers (well, the .44 at least), although I've had to adopt a slightly different playstyle with them.

Whereas for most of the semi-autos I've rolled out into hardcore domination and played until I found that twitchy groove to rack up kills while using it as a primary, with the .44 I've taken to actually using it as a backup to my main, with the occasional execution of clueless wookies/campers. Funny having mid range duels with snipers tho, as they miss their shots and you get hit markers until they panic and it's all too late.

Hopefully the Rex won't be too different, and then I'll move onto the G18/93R.

Oh, and I looted the Desert Eagle t'other day, immediately popped 2 or 3 guys like it weren't no thing. Seems pretty op from my incredibly limited playtime, fun though.

JDAMs? Worth using on attack jet, or better to stick with Hydras? Unlocked and tried it yesterday and the aiming system is pretty... Ugh. Is the blast big enough to cancel out the awkwardness?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

You used to play L4D with us, right?

I played a lot of it since I was in grad school at the time. And I played with goons. But I don't remember whom.

Seedge posted:

Lots of teamwork on the monster side! I think Evolve is going to suffer from Build Order-itis, as once people figure out the efficient way to level up your monster, it'll suck the joy out.

You are probably right about all of that. :(

Seedge posted:

I have my friend's PS3 all lubed up and ready for action. At this point I'd put it at an almost infinitesimal chance that the servers are shared between PS3 and PS4, but here's hoping! I'll probably have to decide soon whether I miss that multiplayer enough to buy another console, and there's a decent chance that I do. That was such an awesome multiplayer. And there's new modes and maps and guns now! :ohdear:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Seedge posted:

I'm more worried about what the humans can do,true all of the really overpowered stuff is one character or another and it might require teamwork. But how much chance does the monster have if the human team is able to call in orbital lasers, become invincible, has a sentry turret,AND has the ability to essentially put a tracer round on you so they can follow you around? And that's all just for starters and with only the 4 humans they've really talked about.

I'm still getting that when it comes out though since it looks awesome.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X

Laserface posted:

Double check you've got the dlc installed this happened to me once so.ehow I had uninstalled the dlc that added the l96

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

thenicko33 posted:

its been full on occasion, but compared to the bf3 slaughterhouse, which was never not full, this one is really bad. I tried about everything in the book to make it fill, but nothing seems to make pubbies hard like damavand rush did.

someguy, any plans to upgrade sometime soon? Fastest, you're coming over this fall, right?

Oh lame.

Yeah, fall or a bit later I think. It's still really busy plus it's summer so :toot:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Seedge posted:

It's on like Donkey Kong!

Maybe I'll even level up to... um... 2.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

StevoMcQueen posted:

JDAMs? Worth using on attack jet, or better to stick with Hydras? Unlocked and tried it yesterday and the aiming system is pretty... Ugh. Is the blast big enough to cancel out the awkwardness?

stick with hyrdas. the jdam is about the equivalent of a hand grenade, so you have to get the bomb right on them, and since the interface blows, it's really underwhelming.

Someguy posted:

Oh lame.

Yeah, fall or a bit later I think. It's still really busy plus it's summer so :toot:

I might bring it back later this year, when you and Fastest upgrade, but that's only if Dice fixes them. I probably would have bought premium too if you could mix map packs and still have quick match players cycle in, but nope, that makes too much sense. :dice: doesn't want my money apparently.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 29, 2014

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Anyone in here tried to extend a server yet? The option is grayed out for me on Aspergers Central, do I have to wait for the server to actually expire?

e: I'm dumb as hell, server's up for another 90 days.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I just bought a tablet, so look forward to plenty of cruise missiles and supply boxes being dropped on wookies of both teams on aspergers.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Bf4 is 50% off for Games with Gold.

Time to reap some newbies.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Obliteration Locker with Shield and DBV shotty is fun. A couple guys ran around the corner and unloaded their clips on me before I casually shot them while they reloaded. I think it was Mono who recommended the DBV. Thanks, mang.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Glad you ended up liking it. It's a ridiculously good shotgun and I don't know why more people don't use it. Basically a QBS (maybe slightly slower or less powerful? The difference is almost unnoticeable to me) with 12 rounds and the reload time of an assault rifle. It's so fun catching and entire squad that's reloading or facing in slightly the wrong direction and mowing them down in 2 seconds, with 5 shells to spare. I killed 9 dudes huddled together with one clip the other night on Propaganda in about 5 seconds and it felt like Christmas morning.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 29, 2014

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Chalupa Joe posted:

It's on like Donkey Kong!

Maybe I'll even level up to... um... 2.

It's okay Joe, we all start over at level 1 on the PS4 version :)

I killed Momo with a ladder in BF4 last night.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
Just picked up china rising since it's on sale.

:lol: why is there two MAA's on some of these maps? I take it Dice doesn't want people to use air vehicles on them? We should try to have all four of them on our side and just roll around with Zunis. Oh and don't use lube, we're doing it raw.

Also, apparently I already have the UCAV unlocked. This thing seems really cheap, even if it takes a long time to reload, you're still almost guaranteed to get a kill. It's going to give me something to do on Locker. I think I'll spawn in, throw down two ammo boxes, then suicide and come back with both a mortar and the ucav.

holy crap this is cheap. triple kill on a boat, all I'm doing is waiting in spawn for this thing to reload and then throwing it out.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 29, 2014

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

thenicko33 posted:

Just picked up china rising since it's on sale.

:lol: why is there two MAA's on some of these maps? I take it Dice doesn't want people to use air vehicles on them? We should try to have all four of them on our side and just roll around with Zunis. Oh and don't use lube, we're doing it raw.

Also, apparently I already have the UCAV unlocked. This thing seems really cheap, even if it takes a long time to reload, you're still almost guaranteed to get a kill. It's going to give me something to do on Locker. I think I'll spawn in, throw down two ammo boxes, then suicide and come back with both a mortar and the ucav.

holy crap this is cheap. triple kill on a boat, all I'm doing is waiting in spawn for this thing to reload and then throwing it out.

Ammo boxes are not required to reload the UCAV. It's pretty good, yes, but the long reload and minimum distance means you need that & C4 to be effective against vehicles, and then you're not carrying ammo. There are multiple MAAs in CR because they're huge, open maps with 2 jets, scouts, attack, and transport helis, and possibly an enemy bomber to murder.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

UCAV on Locker is an art I definitely want to master. holy poo poo the pain you could cause...

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
The initial trajectory on locker is hosed, it can send your lil buddy in all sorts of directions from launch. You will lose a proportion of your UCAVs into the rocks or into the air/side of the map where the controls will become unresponsive.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

stevey666 posted:

The initial trajectory on locker is hosed, it can send your lil buddy in all sorts of directions from launch. You will lose a proportion of your UCAVs into the rocks or into the air/side of the map where the controls will become unresponsive.

Having a guy or two on UCAV duty on the slopes makes 64 player conquest a lot more fun, though. Dropping a UCAV on the snipers on the hills or the guys on the rocks near the outside C point is a huge boon to your team if you are stuck trying to fight your way through to C.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Laserface posted:

UCAV on Locker is an art I definitely want to master. holy poo poo the pain you could cause...

Having a full party of people with UCAVs and mortars makes the outside part of locker the best part of the map. It's not uncommon to get quintuple-kills at least once a round.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

It never stops amazing me that people actually want to play locker or metro. My group leaves the server any time it comes up.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

My group just plays the map cause we're not big babies

zero democracy
Oct 9, 2002

in extremis
Some of us enjoy blasting XM25 rounds down a smoke filled hallway in search of cheap no effort kills. :colbert:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

WoodrowSkillson posted:

It never stops amazing me that people actually want to play locker or metro. My group leaves the server any time it comes up.

Drop a mortar and use an LMG with a 4x.

Either your team will run into their team outside of C, giving you plenty of mortar targets, or you'll be the only person outside, letting you play horatius at the bridge.

If its the latter, pop in and out of cover while mashing spot. Drop mortars. Rinse and repeat.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Drop a mortar and use an LMG with a 4x.

Either your team will run into their team outside of C, giving you plenty of mortar targets, or you'll be the only person outside, letting you play horatius at the bridge.

If its the latter, pop in and out of cover while mashing spot. Drop mortars. Rinse and repeat.

That's not fun though, that's boring as poo poo.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

That's why you get the whole group to do the same thing, piss off the entire enemy team, and laugh as they get slaughtered by indirect fire.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

WoodrowSkillson posted:

They are kill boxes, nothing more. I actually ended up on a 64 player Locker server that had a "no explosives" script that would deduct points for each reported use of a non-bullet weapon. It wasn't bad, but you had almost no way of breaking into C once one team took it, on an explosives enabled server you could at least hope a grenade or LVG would clear out a few people and get you into the room. It was still better than the clusterfuck Locker is about 90% of the time, but the server banned everything you could throw or deploy; no EOD bot, no Smoke or Flares, no Flashbangs. It was basically an anti-fun server.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

WoodrowSkillson posted:

My group leaves the server

:raise: Your group must be pretty small. There is no map in all of BF franchise history unpleasant enough that I would willingly undertake the massive effort of getting 5-8 people through the queue and onto the same team all over again.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Beelzebozo posted:

:raise: Your group must be pretty small. There is no map in all of BF franchise history unpleasant enough that I would willingly undertake the massive effort of getting 5-8 people through the queue and onto the same team all over again.

5 prople normally, we can just squad join. And playing Battlelobby is more fun then locker or metro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Sure, cause leaving a game because of a map, only to join another rotation, only to leave again when that map comes up again sounds like an absolute blast!

I don't really mind locker or metro. I always find a way to get some kills and wreak some havoc.

• Locked thread