Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
"hang another vw block from the tree Heinrich its christmas time!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

8ender posted:

180 mode, all controls are reversed.

Car is now rear engine, rear wheel drive. When light goes off, it returns to front engine, front wheel drive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

8ender posted:

180 mode, all controls are reversed.

This makes the most sense considering that car.

IT GOES UP FOR SALE TOMORROW.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

It's rebelling, it knows! :tinfoil:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bajaha posted:

It's rebelling, it knows! :tinfoil:

Imma set dat bitch on fire.

I'm taking it to wash it, vacuum it and get some decent pics of it. CL ad is pretty much written. I'm starting at $2000 and will take ANY offer over $1250.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I'll give you 3 pairs of clean but gently used underwear, a few bits of string and a cat with rabies for your beetle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'll give you 3 pairs of clean but gently used underwear, a few bits of string and a cat with rabies for your beetle.

Probably worth about the same.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The scrap yard will give you $200 for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phone posted:

The scrap yard will give you $200 for it.

If she owed nothing on it I would scrap it in a heartbeat.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 216 days!)

Rhyno posted:

What the gently caress does that triangle mean?

loving Volkswagon.

loving Beetle.

"Drive me until I start flashing. Then, drive me hard."

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 28, 2014

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Rhyno posted:

loving Volkswagon.

loving Beetle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VAG-COM-Dua...e_Tools&vxp=mtr

Scan, post results.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Imma set dat bitch on fire.

I'm taking it to wash it, vacuum it and get some decent pics of it. CL ad is pretty much written. I'm starting at $2000 and will take ANY offer over $1250.

Give me details... I've always wanted to make a 1.8t Beetle fast, with daisy wheels.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
CATTE

So many sunset pictures going around in Sydney tonight. I wonder why?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

Give me details... I've always wanted to make a 1.8t Beetle fast, with daisy wheels.

NO! my offer still stands with underwear, string and a cat with rabies.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

meatpimp posted:

Do you happen to have a helicopter to drop it from?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
So I got the bad idea that I should do a fix and flip on a Subaru with head gaskets, and found a 99 Outback for $1350ish. Talked the guy down to $650 and then planned a pick-up time. Ask if he wants a deposit. No deposit, okay, fine. Got insurance, cash, all the usual stuff. An hour before I leave for his place, he emails me and is like "oh neighbor kid wants it, and he wants to pay full price, so I agreed to sell it to him when he gets the money." Obviously, I'm pissed, but it's probably a blessing in disguise - I can spend that time and money on my own cars instead of trying to do a head gasket job for a profit.

Two weeks later, he emails me today with "welp neighbor kid couldn't come up with the money, you still want it?"

Have fun, rear end in a top hat!

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 28, 2014

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

Newbugs can't triforce?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

So I got the bad idea that I should do a fix and flip on a Subaru with head gaskets, and found a 99 Outback for $1350ish. Talked the guy down to $650 and then planned a pick-up time. Ask if he wants a deposit. No deposit, okay, fine. Got insurance, cash, all the usual stuff. An hour before I leave for his place, he emails me and is like "oh neighbor kid wants it, and he wants to pay full price, so I agreed to sell it to him when he gets the money." Obviously, I'm pissed, but it's probably a blessing in disguise - I can spend that time and money on my own cars instead of trying to do a head gasket job for a profit.

Two weeks later, he emails me today with "welp neighbor kid couldn't come up with the money, you still want it?"

Haha, NEVER hold a car for the neighbor kid because it never ever works out. That should be in the top five rules of car selling, no holding the car for friends, family, or neighbors.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

leica posted:

Haha, NEVER hold a car for the neighbor kid because it never ever works out. That should be in the top five rules of car selling, no holding the car for friends, family, or neighbors.

The dude was selling it on behalf of his milquetoast hipster son as well. I got the impression nobody in the family could turn a wrench.

Not sure how the neighbor kid would have trouble raising $1350 and yet somehow afford to replace the head gaskets and consumables. Probably thought medium-hard about it and then pussed out. Guessing that car is destined for the scrap heap.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Seriously, gently caress that guy. Money in hand is always better than "some kid is saving up to pay me".

There's always something else we could flip.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

trouser chili posted:

This is happening right now.

Was thinking about this at lunch...now I want to find a rally cross to run the 928 at before I sell it. I will be slow and awful but it will sound amazing and make great rooster tails.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Hey, Rhyno -

Any idea what my set of KISS dolls action figures are worth? '97 reboot, NRFB.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I would have told the Subaru guy $400 at that point.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

mafoose posted:

I would have told the Subaru guy $400 at that point.

I just replied with "Pick n Pull will give you $300 in scrap, have a nice day."

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

leica posted:

People on Craigslist are just loving idiots across the board. Trying to sell an old dining room table to make room for a new one, so I threw it on CL with a one-line ad. Picture of the table, and maybe ten-fifteen words describing the condition, size, and the fact that the chairs in the photo aren't included.

So what do I get? A half-price offer who doesn't even say until the third loving email that he expects the chairs too. :wtf: I don't even mind the price, I'd have taken it because I'd rather get some money than nothing out of it, but... it amazes me that the human race hasn't killed itself off from mass stupidity.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Viggen posted:

Hey, Rhyno -

Any idea what my set of KISS dolls action figures are worth? '97 reboot, NRFB.

About $15 per figure.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Rhyno posted:

About $15 per figure.

Not bad. I paid :10bux: for the whole set. Thanks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Viggen posted:

Not bad. I paid :10bux: for the whole set. Thanks.

You can probably get $50-60 for the set on Ebay. I was at my friend's vintage toy shop today and said that's about what he'd sell them for if the plastic bubbles aren't yellowing.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Driving home and see a car pulled onto the shoulder with a flat front passenger tire, decide to be nice and pull over to see if they need a hand. Got bitched out for stopping to help by some crazy bitch since I obviously only stopped because it was a woman. "Nevermind, go gently caress yourself" then drove away.

Something something no good deed goes unpunished. I hope she's still sitting there trying to figure out how to use the widow maker jack.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Rhyno posted:

You can probably get $50-60 for the set on Ebay. I was at my friend's vintage toy shop today and said that's about what he'd sell them for if the plastic bubbles aren't yellowing.

They've been stored in a closet for that period. Sound familiar?

Also, Motronic, it sucked seeing Omar taken out the way he was in Season 5 of "The Wire". The last two seasons should never have been made. Season 3 had a good closure. The season 5 ending was kind of poo poo.

I'm on episode 2 of "Oz" now, drat I need different background noise than this, because I look up at the screen and I have no idea who these characters are. Having the narrator/wheelchair guy is kind of detracting for me, because I think it is just a waste - trying to set the scene for the story, when the story is visibly unfolding.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Viggen posted:

Omar taken out the way he was in Season 5 of "The Wire"

god DAMNIT

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Driving home and see a car pulled onto the shoulder with a flat front passenger tire, decide to be nice and pull over to see if they need a hand. Got bitched out for stopping to help by some crazy bitch since I obviously only stopped because it was a woman. "Nevermind, go gently caress yourself" then drove away.

Something something no good deed goes unpunished. I hope she's still sitting there trying to figure out how to use the widow maker jack.
"You are assuming I'm incapable and thereby oppressing me" crazy or "The only reason you stopped is so you can rape me" crazy?

Temptation must have been there to insist on "helping" regardless, but just tighten the lug nuts up as hard as you can and then leave.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

InitialDave posted:

"You are assuming I'm incapable and thereby oppressing me" crazy or "The only reason you stopped is so you can rape me" crazy?

Temptation must have been there to insist on "helping" regardless, but just tighten the lug nuts up as hard as you can and then leave.
Actually she accused me of both. Obviously I'm a big mean intimidating male I'm notso she feared for her life but wanted to make sure I knew she was capable of fixing it.

I got to drive by and wave a half hour later when she was still sitting there so that was one upside to getting called back to work to check on something.

Darchangel posted:

Is it just me, or does one of those 'Stangs sound like it's a V6, like maybe an Ecoboost?
Hmm I missed that when it was posted. I'm sure you guys are sick of hearing about it by now but we spotted that car and a ton of other camo-mules while we were there. I think I have video of that car going by us...planning on doing a photo/video backup tomorrow so maybe I'll remember to upload the videos finally.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 28, 2014

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

NitroSpazzz posted:

Wasn't someone in here complaining that they couldn't buy old Blipshift shirts? If I'm not completely delusional they're doing a 72 hour sale of their 24 most popular designs starting August 4th - http://blipshift.com/blogs/news/14910045-the-2014-running-of-the-bs24

That was probably me, and oh, goodie! Thanks!

Cat Terrist posted:

Mad Max : Fury Road looks like it has THE INTERCEPTOR coming back.

If you do not have a serious boner from this, get the gently caress out. I seriously dont care if the movie is crap, if it has the supercharger screaming, I'll have a joygasm

Well, one deconstruction of the trailer mentioned that the movie is mostly going to be one running car chase/battle, so, yeah, I'm in!

Is it just me, or does one of those 'Stangs sound like it's a V6, like maybe an Ecoboost?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

I think you're actually hearing the flat-plane crank there, not a V6.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think you're actually hearing the flat-plane crank there, not a V6.

That doesn't sound flat crank at all - some sort of funky exhaust routing maybe.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MrChips posted:

That doesn't sound flat crank at all - some sort of funky exhaust routing maybe.

Juuuust burbly enough not to be flat-plane. It's a hell of a screamer, though.

Have they put long-tube headers in cars like that from the factory before?

My dream is all-out 180 degree headers, but in a mass-produced car there's no loving way, ever.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Noticed a 55gal HDPE drum in a dumpster at work, and it set me on a mission to build an electrolysis bath for rust removal. My goal was to build it for free using only materials I could scrounge from work (I already had the battery charger). Some scavenged rebar, wire, and a couple of pilfered artfully borrowed hooks and I was set.

I've got a brake drum in there now bubbling away :science: When I happen upon some steel mesh grating I'll swap out the rebar. Why no, officer, this large drum wired up next to bags of fertilizer is purely for rust removal - what you you mean by "suspicious"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Always wanted to try that. How long do you think it'll take to see results?

• Locked thread