Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

He's still going for mega bucks on Amazon.

I see a listed price of 30 which is double the price of a deluxe or 10 dollars more than the TRU's around here try and gouge people for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I see a listed price of 30 which is double the price of a deluxe or 10 dollars more than the TRU's around here try and gouge people for them.

$40 dude.
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...sformers&dpPl=1

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

I never saw Waspinator on there and I checked every day for weeks.

He was on HTS, I got him. Skids was the one that showed up late

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

He was on HTS, I got him. Skids was the one that showed up late

I should say, I saw the listing but it was never in stock.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

I should say, I saw the listing but it was never in stock.

You can buy the Takara version for $34 or wait until September, it's not so bad.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
I wonder when the new Generations stuff will go on preorder. I'm gonna do it first day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

You can buy the Takara version for $34 or wait until September, it's not so bad.

It's SO bad!

I seriously regret getting back into TFs man, I'm going to be so broke over the next year.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I got Takara Waspinator but I might double dip and get the Hasbro one if I ever see him.

Uh I think that set will come in "Dark Knight" colors, or at least more movie-accurate decos.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, the official images make these guys looks so much better.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/sdcc-2014-coverage-official-images-of-generations-combiner-wars-aerialbots-and-stunticons/30904/

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo, the official images make these guys looks so much better.

I hope they don't use that awful "movie sideswipe garbage grey" unpainted plastic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

I hope they don't use that awful "movie sideswipe garbage grey" unpainted plastic.

Oh god, if Motormaster has no paint apps I will be so pissed.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

strangehamster posted:

Thank God they've been mostly avoiding that horrible gray, except for AoE Galvatron who seems to have used his nanomachines to absorb all the ugly gray plastic into his body. There's this other, slightly darker tone (gunmetal maybe?) that looks 100% better in any situation, they should just use that if they're gonna go gray. Maybe that dull tone is just cheaper.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

It's interesting, they seem to really be slavishly sticking to the G1 Scramble design because you can clearly see in the deluxe figures that it's either their heads or a similarly shaped peg in their chests that are the main connection points in combined form.

Also I have a feeling that these guys are a lot more hollow than the promo photos would have you believe - look at Breakdown's lower legs, for instance.

I'm also not a fan of the Aerialbot arms just sticking out like that in combined mode.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Peaugh got an AoE Slog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8WHAIE6sD0

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

ForeverSmug posted:

Wave 2 AOE Voyagers still ain't up yet.

Apparently I got some early at Wal-mart then.

AoE Hound rules. He seems just okay at first, then you fiddle with him enough and stuff sort of starts to reveal how well designed he was. Even the toy Hounds are the best part of AoE.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Slog looks quite bad rear end.

Anora posted:

Apparently I got some early at Wal-mart then.
Wal-Mart is generally ahead of HTS.

The longer a line goes, the more likely HTS or BBTS will beat Wal-Mart, though.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
As a fighter jet nerd, the aerial bots alt modes are bothering me, but both teams do look like a huge step up from the FoC combaticons.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Why does supes have two fireflight arms in the "official" pics.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Slog looks okay and he's got some interesting and innovative transformation going on, but he's still got...

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Slog looks way better without his weapons. One-color bumpy plastic blobs do not convincing weapons make. But he looks pretty loving cool in robot mode, like a big metal samurai. First AoE toy I've seen that I thought I might buy, but still won't because I all but stopped buying toys. I still admire a unique transformation though, and the way the sides of the dino become the legs of the robot is very rad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MENASOR ACQUIRED.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Nobody's mentioned yet that the Combiner kibble on the new guys is about as innocuous as possible? The hands are actual hands, unlike the Energon combiners, and they also flatten down to serve as the feet.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Phy posted:

Nobody's mentioned yet that the Combiner kibble on the new guys is about as innocuous as possible? The hands are actual hands, unlike the Energon combiners, and they also flatten down to serve as the feet.

Is that how they work? Interesting. I guess the kibble is packed in with the limbs, rather than the VOY- or LGND- class components, then.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Goon posted:

Also I have a feeling that these guys are a lot more hollow than the promo photos would have you believe - look at Breakdown's lower legs, for instance.

I didn't want to be the first one to post negatively about them, and I'll try to keep it to a minimum, but I'm getting a pretty strong "good or great voyager with FOC-quality deluxes" vibe from these new combiners. Check out Dragstrip-- lots of visible screws, feet missing and presumed dead, definitely lots of hollow areas, head meant for some kind of TBD repaint...I'm just not feeling it.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I'll get the new combiners no matter what to support the cause of more combiners, unless they turn out completely terrible. I didn't pick up FOC Bruticus, but with the upgrade kits available, I'm sort of regretting it. I'm saying this as someone who has the third-party Intimidator and soon-to-be-complete Uranos, mind you, so my opinion is completely stupid to be taken with a grain of salt.

I just pre-ordered Roadbuster, the Generations 4-pack, and Jetfire and added them to my pile of loot at BBTS. With shipping, I think they'll still end up being about the same amount as buying them in-store given how much I have to drive around St. Louis to find any toys. There's a part of me that enjoys "the hunt," but it's also loving tiring. I'll try and find Rattrap in my regular haunts, and if I don't, then I'm not going to lose any sleep about it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
That reminds me, if anyone wants to trade Waspinator for Rattrap, I'm your guy.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
This might seem like a silly question, but are there any "rare" or really awesome figures around the $20-25 mark that I might stumble across at say, Walmart or Meijer or Target? I saw about a hundred of the same two figures at Walmart last night, and one Blitzwing, but I don't think he's exactly rare.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Tensokuu posted:

This might seem like a silly question, but are there any "rare" or really awesome figures around the $20-25 mark that I might stumble across at say, Walmart or Meijer or Target? I saw about a hundred of the same two figures at Walmart last night, and one Blitzwing, but I don't think he's exactly rare.

Rattrap and Waspinator are in pretty high demand, but they're smaller figures.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Tensokuu posted:

In any box of toys you will get 8 deluxes at around $15 each, or 4 voyagers priced around $25 each. If you see a deluxe tankor or rattrap or a voyager sky byte (shark) it will be the rarer single packed toy from the case.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

"good or great voyager with FOC-quality deluxes" vibe from these new combiners.
Can this be our new term for oddball deluxes? I bought deluxe FoC Sideswipe for $5 at TFcon to space my prints in my bag and I just can't stop laughing at how beautifully terrible he is. I think they put more effort into the gun even. The gun is amazing.

On topic but I think they look really, really variable. Have to see them in hand and I really hope they're not scramble city but I bet they are and ugh pls hasbro, plasbro no :(

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Some of the Fall figures are really good; others...aren't. They used a weird rickety plastic that makes them feel not so good.

Sideswipe and Jazz get it the worst though; they aren't bad on paper- in another line with more plastic they'd be fun, but they have real bad clearance issues and weird ratchet joints that are more of an impediment than anything.The Combaticons are the same way, with the added bonus of being a bad combiner.

On the other hand, Magnus and OP are nicely posable figures, though their transformations are pretty limited.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Besides OP and Magnus I really like the Seeker mold, and even Shockwave (but not as much as Fireflight). I just wish they were bigger. Kickback is also really cool. Sideswipe is laughable but I've used his gun on lots of other transformers.

However I feel that you just have to pick up a FoC deluxe and a modern (even AoE) one to see that indeed the material quality has been going back up since that low point.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

I really hope they're not scramble city but I bet they are and ugh pls hasbro, plasbro no :(

what the hell is wrong with you, Scramble City supremacy.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
So is MP Prowl out in the states now? I really want to grab him. I also haven't seen any new generations stuff in a long while out here in Ohio. This state kinda sucks for this kind of thing.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

what the hell is wrong with you, Scramble City supremacy.
Scramble City is not within their engineering or budgetary reach, full stop. Are there any third party scramble city combiners? (I think you can swap limbs on some of the TFC stuff, but I believe it is limb to limb?)

Onslaught not being a voyager is obviously the biggest problem with FoC Bruticus, but the SC thing really ruins the toy especially given they didn't concede to partsforming.

Also like, how often was this gimmick even used in g1? In the japanese ova and like one episode? Bleh. Not worth ruining combiners over.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Blackheart posted:

Besides OP and Magnus I really like the Seeker mold, and even Shockwave (but not as much as Fireflight). I just wish they were bigger. Kickback is also really cool. Sideswipe is laughable but I've used his gun on lots of other transformers.

However I feel that you just have to pick up a FoC deluxe and a modern (even AoE) one to see that indeed the material quality has been going back up since that low point.

Kickback's bot mode is great but the bug mode is inexcusably bad.

I forgot about Shockwave and Air Raid though, both of whom are excellent. The Seeker mold is...okay, but the weapons are terrible. It was nice to be able to put together a whole Seeker team though.

Exit: except Air Raid's weird upside down autobot symbol.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hey if Starscream can have upside down sigils in robot mode, Air Raid can have one in vahicle mode :colbert:

Kickback's bug mode is weird, but they did work closely to the ingame model which is equally what-the-gently caress. You can transform the robot leg a bit differently to give him a more convincing grasshopper hind leg.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Everything but the insect legs are fine; the legs are completely half-assed though. Like, the designers just gave up when it came to that point.

It sucks because Kickback's my favorite insecticon, so getting a deluxe of him should have been great, but they hosed him right up.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Kickback's gun can combine with other guns same with Sidwswipe's gun. Two average figures but two totally great and awesome guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

He's in that weird position where he's half a good toy and half a terrible one, which sort of defeats the purpose of a Transformer.