Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Slimnoid posted:

Meanwhile.

Really like that model with the Axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Hollismason posted:

Oh winning list for BAO

I'm wondering if lists like this will even be legal anymore after they gutted any means of FOC changing in the Ork codex. Could Space Wolves do any sorts of FOC changing in their last codex?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I went Iron Hands to make a Dread-heavy list. I am starting to regret that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

No I don't think they can, and that take bikes as troops has been part of the Space Marines for like ever. I doubt it will ever be removed.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Hollismason posted:

It'd be awesome if they were bought by Hasbro, because Hasbro would go " Oh wait we have this awesome IP that no one has made any films about in 30 years". Here Michael Bay, produce Warhammer 40k movie like you did for our Transformers.

This probably wouldnt be half bad.

Slimnoid posted:

Meanwhile.

drat those kick rear end. Viking dread was probably the last thing I was expecting.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Venerable dreadnaught with dreadnaught power axe and storm shield (3++) is frightening.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Dreadnaughts with the guy inside's loving face on show are the epitome of 'gently caress helmets' in 40k. Seriously, muderfang, you have a loving DREADNOUGHT BODY and you can be taken out with a lucky cap to the loving face.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Holy smokes!

This is from the last page, but, if I were on the board of an international company I'd be "exasperated" too if my fellow members were in the habit of not reading resumes for our replacements. How does the idea to do that even come into someone's mind? It is absolutely dumbfounding. I really hope that business schools out there will one day write really entertaining case studies about how ridiculous Games Workshop is about their business strategy. I used to work at Harvard Business School where I did background research for cases and it breaks my heart that I didn't know GW existed back then.

Hot Dog Day #82 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 28, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

This guy seems legit cool, let's hire him for head of sales. Hires cabbage on a stick

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Traditional Games > Warhammer 40k 7th Edition-*Hires a cabbage on a stick.*

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Slimnoid posted:

Meanwhile.

This makes me so happy. Cant wait for this release.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

thespaceinvader posted:

Dreadnaughts with the guy inside's loving face on show are the epitome of 'gently caress helmets' in 40k. Seriously, muderfang, you have a loving DREADNOUGHT BODY and you can be taken out with a lucky cap to the loving face.

You can't show off your sick sideburns if you have a helmet on.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

thespaceinvader posted:

It's not actually its head, it's just a sensor package designed to feel like a head to the poor bastard floating deep inside.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that's clearly a head man

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
That...

Wow. If he wasn't stepping down before he sure as poo poo is now.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I didn't know GW made all announcements in-character. Must have been hard not to shout 'For the Emperor!' while giving that speech.

Even press releases are now part of 'Forging the Narrative'. And their hiring practices too if they just judge a resume by what kind of vibes they get off it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Forging the narrative of running this poo poo into the ground.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Meanwhile deep within the catacombs of the Fang......

"Good news my fellow armoury thralls. A fallen wolf has been interred in a Dreadnought and fights with the rout still! We have been tasked to prepare his weapons for his glorious battle"

"Excellent news. And what mighty weapons will the dread walker wield. A mighty Las Cannon to blast apart enemy tanks! An assault cannon to rain a torrent of death upon his foes! Or perhaps a mighty power fist so he can tear apart all enemies!"

Consults data slate.

"Nooooo......Apparently he wants quote: A HUGE LOVING AXE, ABOUT 10' LONG, PLENTY OF BLING. OH AND A SHIELD! A ROUND ONE LIKE THE OLD WOODEN SHIELD MY UNCLE BLOOD-FANG GAVE ME. STRAP A WOLF (wink) SKULL TO THE FRONT, THAT'LL BE EVEN COOLER. K THX BYE!"

"It shall be done".

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Hollismason posted:

This guy seems legit cool, let's hire him for head of sales. Hires cabbage on a stick

They immediately regret their decision when they realize proxies still aren't legal at official tournaments

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Cooked Auto posted:

I've got both of those left over and I'd be willing to mail them over but I've got no idea about the international shipping costs.

Appreciated, but I can probably get it domestic for less than shipping.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Fix posted:

Appreciated, but I can probably get it domestic for less than shipping.

I might have one of the normal cadian ones that isn't already glued onto a man. I'll try to look around tonight.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Again we find ourselves in the armouries under the Fang.

"Ok the Power Fist. It's pretty Fell, but is it Fell enough? He's not Bjorn the quite dangerous handed."

"How about we strap a massive Lightning Claw to each finger of the fist?"

"OK, now that's Fell".

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 28, 2014

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

that's clearly a head man

Oh my god I was looking at the Venerable; I didn't even realize. Yeah that sure looks like a head.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Holy smokes!

This is from the last page, but, if I were on the board of an international company I'd be "exasperated" too if my fellow members were in the habit of not reading resumes for our replacements. How does the idea to do that even come into someone's mind? It is absolutely dumbfounding. I really hope that business schools out there will one day write really entertaining case studies about how ridiculous Games Workshop is about their business strategy. I used to work at Harvard Business School where I did background research for cases and it breaks my heart that I didn't know GW existed back then.

It's shocking really...

http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/13/technology/yahoo-ceo-out/

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Deptfordx posted:

"Good news my fellow armoury thralls. A fallen wolf has been interred in a Dreadnought and fights with the rout still! We have been tasked to prepare his weapons for his glorious battle"

"Excellent news. And what mighty weapons will the dread walker wield. A mighty Las Cannon to blast apart enemy tanks! An assault cannon to rain a torrent of death upon his foes! Or perhaps a mighty power fist so he can tear apart all enemies!"

Consults data slate.

"Nooooo......Apparently he wants quote: A HUGE LOVING AXE, ABOUT 10' LONG, PLENTY OF BLING. OH AND A SHIELD! A ROUND ONE LIKE THE OLD WOODEN SHIELD MY UNCLE BLOOD-FANG GAVE ME. STRAP A WOLF (wink) SKULL TO THE FRONT, THAT'LL BE EVEN COOLER. K THX BYE!"

"It shall be done".

I wonder if Space Marines writes instruction about the kind of dreadnought they want to be in :v:

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Hollismason posted:

Hasbro has expressed interest in the past of purchasing Games Workshop.

Can you point me to this article or mention? Because I never saw it. I think people basically assumed "Hasbro" because Hasbro bought WoTC at one point.

Not doubting you - just would love to read it.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Deptfordx posted:

Consults data slate.

"It shall be done".

I hope the rules for that shield+axe dread are awesome... cause he looks badass.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ghost Hand posted:

I hope the rules for that shield+axe dread are awesome... cause he looks badass.

The Dreadknight should have looked more like that IMO

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Hollismason posted:

Tom Kirby is stepping down and posted his Chairman Pre Amble, it's kind of insane.

http://investor.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Chairmans-Preamble-2014.pdf

It's kind of a really weird letter. Also he kind of comes off as a rear end in a top hat.

We spent close to a quarter million pounds and got a settlement for 20,000. Plus, we kind of poo poo the bed in losing a whole bunch of rights to specific things that we had previously had rights to.

I kind of find it hard to believe the pdf is really. It's about one of the weirdest things I've ever seen come out of an actual corporation. Like Kirby even addresses himself in the 3rd person and refers to "cronies". Like this is the resignation of someone going thru a mental health break down

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
It seems kind of schizophrenic. Which makes sense considering GW's move's in the past year.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Just to be clear this is on their actual investor website you just have no access to it without knowing the actual address. I seriously doubt this is fake.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hey Winston/Mods, if the GW stock crashes tomorrow can the thread go unbound again?

It's the only way we will be able to release our impotent rage in a constructive manner.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Hollismason posted:

Just to be clear this is on their actual investor website you just have no access to it without knowing the actual address. I seriously doubt this is fake.

I doubt its fake fake... just unbelievable that someone posted this letter to build investor confidence. I'd be mashing sell so hard 5 seconds after reading this

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Obviously he's making people dump stock so he can scoop it up on the cheap

:goonsay:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

BULBASAUR posted:

Obviously he's making people dump stock so he can scoop it up on the cheap

:goonsay:

This is good for BitcoinWarhammer because

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I think you'd have to be a real dipshit to own stock in a model games company in the first place... so I don't think this will shake investor confidence.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Thundercracker posted:

I doubt its fake fake... just unbelievable that someone posted this letter to build investor confidence. I'd be mashing sell so hard 5 seconds after reading this

I believe that in the UK the Chairman and the CEO have to be separate people. So this is likely a result of an expiration of some time limit that allows him to fulfill both rolls (probably a year or less is allowed or something... while they "look for" a CEO.

I could be wrong but it looks that way. (Again I am not a business expert or anything.)

The thing I HAVE been told is that if we see a replacement of CEO come from the board it is unlikely we will see any true change. And as long as this guy has his hand in the pot, I can't imagine we would. I would hope the next CEO, whoever they are would be more social media friendly...

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Boon posted:

I think you'd have to be a real dipshit to own stock in a model games company in the first place... so I don't think this will shake investor confidence.

It has made a lot of people a lot of money.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

It seems very out of touch, but it's also British, and it's from a guy who's been in charge and presumably writing these things for like 20 years. I'm also interested to see what happens to the stock. Look at the one last year and see that the tone is very similar, though. I'm really curious about the kinds of people/institutions that own GW, their level of involvement, and the amount of time that the controlling shareholders have been around. Other than Kirby himself, all of the shareholders that own more than 3% seem to be austere, no-nonsense institutions that serve a variety of corporate and individual clients. Over half of the company is owned by 5%+ers (including Kirby at 6.7%) and the other 44% is people who have less than 3% each.

I'd also note that Kirby is 64 at the moment and that he may be due for mandatory retirement.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Unfortunately I don't think they'll be getting a "outside" CEO for the company and instead promote from within for Kirby's position which will mean nothing in the long run.

There has to be someway Hasbro can speed up the death spiral.

• Locked thread