Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay

Godholio posted:

I would've called it a maybe.

There was an 18X in our company that was well over 100,000 in debt that still got his clearance because "hes managing it well"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Here's a good litmus test for you potential recruits:

Do you really want to end up like the people who frequent gip?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Anansi The Spider posted:

There was an 18X in our company that was well over 100,000 in debt that still got his clearance because "hes managing it well"

You can be a million I'm debt but if it's stuff like student loans, a mortgage and a car it's really not a big deal since that's all "good" debt.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Cole posted:

Here's a good litmus test for you potential recruits:

Do you really want to end up like the people who frequent gip?

Speak for yourself. A lot of us are doing really well post-service.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Plus the honor of serving in one of the greatest military subforums on the something awful Internet website.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

holocaust bloopers posted:

Speak for yourself. A lot of us are doing really well post-service.

Yeah cole we aren't all crying ourselves to sleep over a wrecked Iroc and missing trailer park queen.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Sir Lucius posted:

Plus the honor of serving in one of the greatest military subforums on the something awful Internet website.

:911:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So I'm sitting here in my hotel room looking over the folder my recruiters gave me to take to MEPS tomorrow to sign my contract. I noticed that the sheet that recommends me for OCS has the wrong GPA and credit hours, though it does say I earned my degree. It also doesn't have the date of my OCS board in the blank space for it. Will this cause me problems tomorrow or is everything uploaded and I should be fine?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It won't matter at MEPS. If that paper goes to the selection board though, you want it to be correct (or at least have errors in your favor).

Wokrider
Dec 4, 2012

Mustang posted:

So I'm sitting here in my hotel room looking over the folder my recruiters gave me to take to MEPS tomorrow to sign my contract. I noticed that the sheet that recommends me for OCS has the wrong GPA and credit hours, though it does say I earned my degree. It also doesn't have the date of my OCS board in the blank space for it. Will this cause me problems tomorrow or is everything uploaded and I should be fine?

Get that poo poo fixed, don't give anyone a chance to possibly gently caress you over.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Mustang posted:

If the GPA is higher than it should be go for it, If the credit hours are higher go for it. If they're too low abort abort abort

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

^^^
Do not listen to a word he says.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
I think Anansi is literally some sort of PSA about what to not do regarding the military.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Signed my 09S OCS contract today. At 130. Left a 4 because we had to wait for a single loving person. Don't understand why they don't just let people drive themselves to MEPS.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Congrats. You've been at this a while, hopefully it all goes well from here on out.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Mustang posted:

Signed my 09S OCS contract today. At 130. Left a 4 because we had to wait for a single loving person. Don't understand why they don't just let people drive themselves to MEPS.

they might crash and die on their way to joining the BEST TRAINED SOLDIERS IN THE WORLD land aka

MEETING THE CHALLENGE

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mustang posted:

Congrats, dude. Just remember the enlisted guys make your career so treat them well and they'll reciprocate.

Be more Martello and less like Armyman.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

And don't get bitter right away. You've got a magical 2-2.5 year period before jadedness sets in.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

My recruiters thought I was high speed enough to let me drive myself to MEPS.

This is just illustrates my retardation because it's like I drove myself to my own rape.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My dad drove me to MEPS. There's a photo of me with my winter coat on splayed out on the floor looking like I was about to walk into a camp fire. It was taken a few minutes before I left home for good. I look at it now and just laugh.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I love the Mexican dudes that have like 40 family members come for that little ceremony thing

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Christoff posted:

I love the Mexican dudes that have like 40 family members come for that little ceremony thing

The swearing in?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Christoff posted:

Huh I don't think we did that. If we did absolutely no ones family came for a group of like 50.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hey Cole did you fly out your fleshlight for your boot camp graduation? Haha loser.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

Hey Cole did you fly out your fleshlight for your boot camp graduation? Haha loser.

He's on posting vacation.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Thanks guys! I definitely don't plan on being an rear end in a top hat once I get my commission. I know that I have a lot to learn and I'd be a fool not to listen and learn from the enlisted and NCOs that will have actually been on deployments and been in the army for years by the time I get my commission.

My ship date is January 13th and I'm really looking forward to next year.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mustang posted:

Thanks guys! I definitely don't plan on being an rear end in a top hat once I get my commission. I know that I have a lot to learn and I'd be a fool not to listen and learn from the enlisted and NCOs that will have actually been on deployments and been in the army for years by the time I get my commission.

That's nice of you to say, but those same NCOs are gonna be loving Joes, beating their wives, knocking up local slags, getting divorced, getting busted for drink driving, popping hot on drug tests, and generally making your life a living hell, because it's all your fault (army logic).

Just try and save your abuse for the people that deserve (statistically you'll get more trouble per capita from those NCOs), and try to stop those exact same NCOs from dicking Joe, all in the name of "tradition" and "standards", when it's really just because they get a sado-masochistic boner from it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

True enough, I'll keep that in mind.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What's your wish list for branching?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

My top 5 were infantry, engineer, military intelligence, armor and aviation.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mustang posted:

My top 5 were infantry, engineer, military intelligence, armor and aviation.

Go MI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faFuaYA-daw

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Service guarantees citizenship

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I completely forgot about the dog who got rebar dusted. :saddowns:

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Mustang posted:

My top 5 were infantry, infantry, infantry, infantry, infantry,

fixed it for you,

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Anansi The Spider posted:

fixed it for you,

Shut up.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

loving Anansi gently caress you, get out of here.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

sforzacio posted:

loving Anansi gently caress you, get out of here.

I can't wait to read his posts in a couple of years. :lol:

Mustang posted:

You're being treated like a child. Get used to it.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Mustang posted:

We had two cadets trailing our PLs for a month this summer. They were both idiots, but whatever. Best advice I heard from the PL was "You've got an E7, and E6 promotable, and 3-4 staff sergeants to run this platoon, let them run it."

All you do is send info down to the PSG and sign for poo poo. When you're a commander, send info down to 1SG and sign for a lot of poo poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What the hell does the CO of MEPS want to possibly know about my very limited drug use 15 years ago one month after I signed my contract.

I'm positive I already talked to him about this crap once.

(Weed around seven times)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

LingcodKilla posted:

What the hell does the CO of MEPS want to possibly know about my very limited drug use 15 years ago one month after I signed my contract.

I'm positive I already talked to him about this crap once.

(Weed around seven times)

It's possible that he is spot checking drug waivers to make sure applicants weren't coached to say they've used drugs less than what they actually did. Just make sure that your answers stay the same as what they were on the waiver and you'll be fine. Stick to your guns if they grill you a little bit and it should be pretty painless.

• Locked thread