Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Thomas kind of looks like his characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Fluo posted:

If I recall it was some form of interview and he talked about how his good friend would help him out

Sure that's not a euphemism for something? :v:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Gaza – Israel's prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, has signalled that the offensive against Gaza will intensify still further after more than 100 people were killed in the bloodiest day of the conflict so far."

Telegraph:

Ed Miliband meets President Obama in White House

Independent:

Times:

MH17 plane crash: Ukraine rebels hand over black boxes

Express:

Prince George pictures mark royal baby's first birthday

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Kurtofan posted:

Thomas kind of looks like his characters.

Whenever he needs to draw one he uses his face in the mirror as a reference.

One Pigeon
Jun 21, 2013

That man gas bigger troubles than his dungarees.
His crotch appears to be collapsing in on itself and his partner is levitating towards him.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

One Pigeon posted:

That man gas bigger troubles than his dungarees.
His crotch appears to be collapsing in on itself and his partner is levitating towards him.

Those lines suggest movement, he's doing the helicopter under there

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Cameron's actions against Russia – The EU has blacklisted Vladimir Putin's 'cronies' as David Cameron calls for an arm trading ban." After Masaccio.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Alexander Litvinenko death: UK announces public inquiry

Times:

Express:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Pants helicopter reference confirmed

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's £160,000 tennis match – David Cameron has rejected calls to pay back a £160,000 donation to the Conservatives, in the form of a bid for a tennis match, from the wife of a former member of Vladimir Putin's government"

Telegraph:

Cameron to check arms export licences to Russia

Independent:

Glasgow 2014: Commonwealth Games begin at Celtic Park

Times:

Express:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

How is the Independent going to be able to make cartoons after the referendum is over or Salmond dies or is no longer in power?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
First one sort of implies Savile was a normal person before he got all hosed up. I genuinely don't believe that to be the case.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on chicken contamination - Emergency investigations have been launched into chicken factories following a catalogue of alleged hygiene failings which could lead to meat contaminated with deadly campylobacter."

Telegraph:

Commonwealth Games opening ceremony: in pictures

Independent:

Metropolitan Police gathered information on 18 family campaigns

Times:

Gaza conflict: Five dead at hospital hit by Israeli strike

Express:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

gently caress you.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Text in the Killing Joke homage should be "Now then, now then, now then". :colbert:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Redeye Flight posted:

gently caress you.

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Look how disgusted George Osborne is there by Cameron spending fifteen minutes dragging a tv into the meeting and setting it up just to make that dad joke.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Guys! Guys! Do you see what I see? This is a genuinely historic moment, you know. A cartoonist has drawn a caricature of Alex Salmond, and he's not wearing a kilt! At least, I think it's supposed to be Alex Salmond :confused:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on George Osborne's GDP victory – The International Monetary Fund has predicted Britain's GDP growth rate will surge to 3.2% by year end."

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Philip R Goodwin.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Britain's economic recovery: who benefits? - Chris Riddell on news that the UK economy is enjoying faster growth"

Sunday Telegraph:

New planning minister suggests Nimbys have had their day

Independent on Sunday:

Israel agrees to 24-hour Gaza ceasefire

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ddraig posted:

First one sort of implies Savile was a normal person before he got all hosed up. I genuinely don't believe that to be the case.

In The Killing Joke the Joker is telling the story of his origin to Batman, but he admits that it may not be true. What he's really doing is using a story that parallels Batman's own origin in an attempt to convince Batman that they are no different - that they are both insane. So in context, it's saying Savile would want people to believe he wasn't evil, just messed up by something, it could have happened to anyone, but he didn't truly believe it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Andrew Marr v Ed Miliband - BBC presenter hands Labour leader cartoons mocking his appearance and tells him image does matter"

Telegraph:

Ed Miliband calls for public Prime Minister's Questions

Independent:

World Cup should not be held in Russia, Nick Clegg says

Times:

Hamas-declared ceasefire in Gaza stalls as conflict continues

Express:

Has Ed Miliband hired a voice coach?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Wait, thats what he looks like in motion? If anything the cartoons were being generous...

Anyway, I am a bit disappointed that he didn't show any of the Bell drawings, Gromit doesn't actually look anything close to as bad as rape victim panda.

edit: Also they've been very nice about not bringing up his speech impediment too. Unless of course everybody in his town talks like that, which would be quite nuts.

Cliff Racer fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 28, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Good loving god!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Scarfe was hungry when he drew this

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on fracking – The government is pushing ahead with an expansion plan which does not exclude national parks from fracking and has no special protection for wildlife sites"

Telegraph:

Gaza City and Israel's Eshkol hit by deadly blasts; Didcot power station towers demolished

Independent:

Times:

Express:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Remember: The Tories planned to sell off national parks before middle class types complained.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on wealth inequality - The ever-increasing gulf between rich and poor is costing the economy more than £39bn a year, says a report by the Equality Trust thinktank." (Although that article's from March. Probably another Grauniad cock-up.)

Telegraph:

Labour was best-funded UK political party in 2013

Independent:

Cameron outlines immigration curbs 'to put Britain first'

Times:

Express:

Fruit and veg: More than five-a-day 'no effect'; :sun: It's hot! :supaburn:
Express's 2014 "It's hot!" Cartoon Count: 3

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
Why is a pink Shrek ordering an ice-cream from Noel Edmonds while weighing himself on scales?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Oben posted:

Why is a pink Shrek ordering an ice-cream from Noel Edmonds while weighing himself on scales?
Because fat Hunter S Thompson told him that it's the only way to avoid becoming part of the amorphous flesh mass in the background, which formed due to the flying technicolor mind control jellyfish that were created when the solar transition region entered into a rare 'Van Gogh' state.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Oliver Letwin's tax plans for when you thought you were fresh out of new hells – Oliver Letwin, the Tory party policy chief, was recorded suggesting a discussion about a flat rate of taxation "will no doubt open up" once the public finances have improved."

Telegraph:

UK to allow driverless cars on public roads in January

Independent:

Times:

Gaza conflict: US and UN condemn school shelling

Express:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

the Flat Tax Car runs over Ed Balls due to what a popular policy a Flat Tax is sure to be, praise our tory overlords

quote:

Express:

Meanwhile, the new driverless royal car is able to drive directly on top of the heads of gathered crowds of patriotic Express readers, causing multiple injuries and killing dozens, take that poors

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Russia's defiance – The Commons defence committee says Nato is unprepared for potential threats from Russia, as it remains defiant in the face of sanctions"

Telegraph:

Gaza UN shelter attack 'totally unacceptable' - White House

Independent:

New Gaza humanitarian truce agreed by Israel and Hamas

Times:

Express:

A sunshine stroll tops those feelgood factors No full list available, sadly.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

That's a sneaky half attempt at IT'S HOT there - short sleeves, loose ties, no reptilian skin revealed beneath

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I figured they were just in shirtsleeves because they're working hard to cut Your Taxes.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Apologies. In the middle of moving house, cable internet installation didn't take. Hopefully be back next Tuesday.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Cloud Potato posted:

Apologies. In the middle of moving house, cable internet installation didn't take. Hopefully be back next Tuesday.

HOW DARE YOU

Have a rest, we'll make you proud! I'll start the wiki

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

DAY ONE: THE WEEKEND
Cloud Potato opens the door to see a G4S man holding a length of frayed electrical cable. He gets a sinking feeling but can't quite put his finger on it

Elsewhere...

1st of August

Times:

2nd

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the first world war centenary and the Gaza ceasefire"

Independent: (This front page is atrocious holy poo poo)

After John Singer Sargent's Gassed:
(cheers Pesky Splinter!)

Telegraph:

"BoB on lolmilband"

"Stephen Collins on glamping"

3rd!

Observer:

"Chris Riddell on the conflict in the Palestinian territories"

Independent:

Telegraph:

"BoB on confusing first panels" (still an improvement)

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 6, 2014

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

DAY TWO: 4TH OF AUGUST

The G4S man has disappeared. There's a smell of acrid smoke in the air, and a mobile phone hangs precariously from a USB cable on Cloud Potato's computer. The internet seems to be working, because the computer is covered in popup ads. The keyboard doesn't work

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on David Cameron and Gaza" - after this WWI Propaganda poster (Pesky Splinter with the save)

Independent:

Telegraph:

Times:

Express:

nod nod nod

Also the Guardian runs Australian cartoons that somehow could have been written specifically for the UK! It's a small world guys

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

DAY THREE: 5TH OF AUGUST

G4S man is back, this time he's brought a graduate student on workfare to help. The student asks for some hobnob crumbs but is beaten back by the G4S man and his electrical cable. There are noises from behind one of Cloud Potato's doors, but when he asks what's going on the G4S man says it needs to be locked 'for security reasons'

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the centenary of the first world war"

Independent:

Telegraph:

Times:

"David Cameron being kicked in the balls - Ooof! That was entirely disproportionate! ."

Express:

A beautiful monument

• Locked thread