Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Thundercracker posted:

I kind of find it hard to believe the pdf is really. It's about one of the weirdest things I've ever seen come out of an actual corporation. Like Kirby even addresses himself in the 3rd person and refers to "cronies". Like this is the resignation of someone going thru a mental health break down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O03WLn8SzaE&t=29s

Ghost Hand posted:

The thing I HAVE been told is that if we see a replacement of CEO come from the board it is unlikely we will see any true change. And as long as this guy has his hand in the pot, I can't imagine we would. I would hope the next CEO, whoever they are would be more social media friendly...
Social media? That's just a flash in the pan! Print media is the way of the future!

It kinda bums me out if a new CEO wouldn't mean anything really different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

DJ Dizzy posted:

I wonder if Space Marines writes instruction about the kind of dreadnought they want to be in :v:

Instead of being given a life insurance policy to fill out before drop podding in, they are given a questionaire about the kind of dreadnought loadout they would like or what kind of thrall they'd like to become if they suffer irreparable brain trauma.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

PeterWeller posted:

Instead of being given a life insurance policy to fill out before drop podding in, they are given a questionaire about the kind of dreadnought loadout they would like or what kind of thrall they'd like to become if they suffer irreparable brain trauma.

You'd hate to be the Marine who opted for the only Contemptor Mortis in the chapter, and despite dying when it was available missing out because the Marine who died next to you booked the same one a day earlier, leaving you with the best they have available on the lot for a mild discount

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Why do you think MurderFang is so pissed. He used to be called Olaf the Jolly before he woke up in a normal dreadnought.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Sulecrist posted:

I'd also note that Kirby is 64

The true face of Games Workshop.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Fix posted:

Appreciated, but I can probably get it domestic for less than shipping.

Yeah I figured as much.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Thundercracker posted:

I kind of find it hard to believe the pdf is really. It's about one of the weirdest things I've ever seen come out of an actual corporation. Like Kirby even addresses himself in the 3rd person and refers to "cronies". Like this is the resignation of someone going thru a mental health break down

I share this sentiment. If it's not fake, it's one of the most narcissistic, un-self-aware table flip/mic drops I've seen. This explains a lot of GWs business practices over the years. I suspect GW has been successful in spite of Kirby, rather than because of him.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Okay, those are pretty sweet, even though I generally dislike dreads with faces.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Is anyone in the eastern US interested in the Ork half of Stormclaw?

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Yes! New thread title!

I'm really looking forward to the financial results. It'll be interesting to see how they assign blame for bad financials, but I guess they might hide a lot of it under the new website.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

WhiteWolf123 posted:

Warhammer 40k: Our crops will wither, our children will die piteous deaths and the sun will be swept from the sky.

I did my best, even using a bit of mod fuckery to extend the field but it hit the hardcode limit.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Winson_Paine posted:

I did my best, even using a bit of mod fuckery to extend the field but it hit the hardcode limit.

It's wonderful :orks101:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Winson_Paine posted:

Now to wait for tomorrow :suspense:

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Winson_Paine posted:

:golfclap: Nice.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
Horray more pricechat and "when is GW gonna die" speculation in place of annoying game talk, battle reps, and pictures of models...

I'm slightly chuffed as I just scored 40 new on sprue necron warriors for $51 shipped from ebay :toot:

high six
Feb 6, 2010
So I did my first green-stuff project. I made a sandbag wall on one of the bigger bases in my army. How long does it take for this stuff to harden? It's still a bit squishy, and I even put it in the freezer for a while.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

high six posted:

So I did my first green-stuff project. I made a sandbag wall on one of the bigger bases in my army. How long does it take for this stuff to harden? It's still a bit squishy, and I even put it in the freezer for a while.

Greenstuff will take roughly 4 hours to cure to a more 'touch-friendly' state, but won't fully cure for at least 8 hours. Sometimes longer, depending on local temperature.

Don't put it in the freezer! That actually retards the curing time immensely. However, if you have a blob of greeenstuff left over that you don't have a use for just yet, DO put that chunk in the freezer and save it for later. All it takes is bringing it back to room temperature and it'll be malleable as if you'd just mixed it.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Tequila Ranger posted:

Horray more pricechat and "when is GW gonna die" speculation in place of annoying game talk, battle reps, and pictures of models...

I'm slightly chuffed as I just scored 40 new on sprue necron warriors for $51 shipped from ebay :toot:

I'd agree except the preamble to their earnings report sounds like Kirby gazed into the Eye too long and lost his mind

high six
Feb 6, 2010

Slimnoid posted:

Greenstuff will take roughly 4 hours to cure to a more 'touch-friendly' state, but won't fully cure for at least 8 hours. Sometimes longer, depending on local temperature.

Don't put it in the freezer! That actually retards the curing time immensely. However, if you have a blob of greeenstuff left over that you don't have a use for just yet, DO put that chunk in the freezer and save it for later. All it takes is bringing it back to room temperature and it'll be malleable as if you'd just mixed it.

Whoops! Well. It's been about three days so far. It's the putty, too, not the liquid stuff if that matters.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its interesting to note most of the higher ups at GW have been there for a long time, many through what people would call the best era. It makes me wonder, are they all suffering from lead poisoning? They did use to have thousands of lead parts in the building, and I know anyone who worked for GW during that time had to wear special clothing if they were in the warehouse or were generally working with the models.

(that's a joke, I hope no one seriously suggests they actually went nuts due to lead poisoning).

Axe and shield Dread looks awesome, I'm certainly going to nab one to buddy up with my current space wolves Ven Dread. I wonder if it will be a special kind of dread like the Blood Angels Librarian and Death Company dreads.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

high six posted:

Whoops! Well. It's been about three days so far. It's the putty, too, not the liquid stuff if that matters.

GS should harden within less than a day. You might have not mixed the ratio right.

If you think the model can handle it, stick it into the oven at a reasonable temperature (~200 F) and see if it helps.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tequila Ranger posted:

I missed a Ephrael Stern on ebay by one penny, so I'm pretty pissed.

Seriously now, someone has to buy three dreads and make the vikings from The Lost Vikings.
Also, why hasn't Blizzard made a new Lost Vikings game yet?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
probably because blizzard is literally the games workshop of the video game world

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Tequila Ranger posted:

I can't be the only one chuckling at the juxtaposition of "complaining about 'pricechat'" with "I scored a bunch of GW models off of eBay for cheap! :buddy:"

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

probably because blizzard is literally the games workshop of the video game world

Except Blizzard is massively successful and makes a gorillion dollars and GW is a slowly sinking ship.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Slimnoid posted:

Except Blizzard is massively successful and makes a gorillion dollars and GW is a slowly sinking ship.

People say this but I'm not convinced.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
blizzard hasn't made a good game in like eight years, wow is bleeding a million subscribers a year, and heroes of the storm is dogshit

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Blizzard spent 12 years making an isometric hack and slash game. That's 3 years short of Duke Nukem Forever. Their internal process is a poo poo show.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
This conversation would probably better go in the death pool thread, but I actually think the problem with Blizzard and GW is similar in some ways. Both companies had a property that was for years effectively the only real choice in its genre, and whose gameplay seemed pretty good at the time. Now that there are more competitors, or the target audience is simply moving on and not enough people are getting in to replace them, their numbers are going down. Both companies are flailing around trying to stop perceived 'bleeding' that may in fact just be a regression from an unsustainable bubble, and while Blizzard are arguably better at it, they've committed their fair share of game design sins in the process of trying (in vain) to grasp and retain that 12-million-subscriber mark.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I like that the thread title icon is now horror. It's a nice touch.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I can't be the only one chuckling at the juxtaposition of "complaining about 'pricechat'" with "I scored a bunch of GW models off of eBay for cheap! :buddy:"

Hmmm yes usually after I make a purchase I'm overcome with a strange urge to go off topic and complain about business practices in a game thread, strange that it didnt happen this time!

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

koreban posted:

Venerable dreadnaught with dreadnaught power axe and storm shield (3++) is frightening.

If the rule writers insist on not changing the point costs on Dreads and/or not making them "squadable", having Dreads with an invul save is actually a great first step in making them something other than hot garbage.

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 29, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I actually like the way Space Wolves look, I know some people don't but I like them Aesthetically way more than Dark Angels and normal marines.

Also, the models I've seen have been really dynamic, so that's kick rear end as well.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Tequila Ranger posted:

Hmmm yes usually after I make a purchase I'm overcome with a strange urge to go off topic and complain about business practices in a game thread, strange that it didnt happen this time!

My point was more that it is humorously ironic to see someone decry "pricechat" while in the same breath basically proving the "pricechat" people's point (in that if GW's prices were reasonable, you wouldn't have had to go on eBay to get them cheaper in the first place).

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Winson_Paine posted:

Haha, awesome dude. :black101:

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Hollismason posted:

I actually like the way Space Wolves look, I know some people don't but I like them Aesthetically way more than Dark Angels and normal marines.

Also, the models I've seen have been really dynamic, so that's kick rear end as well.

I'm one of those people who don't like the Space Wolves aesthetic but yeah, the models they're showing for this release have me excited to see new Blood Angels soon.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

They really need a new "motiff" or something for Blood Angels, I just find the current stuff boring. However Mephiston is still incredible.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Nearly finished a squad of Swooping Hawks. Two things:
1. These models are more godawful than I ever imagined.
2. When the gently caress is GW going to revamp the Eldar aspects.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Hollismason posted:

They really need a new "motiff" or something for Blood Angels, I just find the current stuff boring. However Mephiston is still incredible.

I wanted to make a joke about going all in on vampires to compensate for shifting the space wolves back to vikings from werewolves, but :effort:

I do hope they do more for the Blood Angels to differentiate them from vanilla Marines; right now they might as well be a big codex supplement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Hollismason posted:

If we're just talking models, I think the Death Company look amazing.

• Locked thread