Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I see no pork buns on that list.

NONE AT ALL.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
That's because it's out everyday breakfast.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Listening to the soundtrack of this game now and it's awesome, just like the game itself. Are there any other games out there where the music really stands out is a similar way?

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
The Fallout games are often praised for the period music they include on the radio stations, not to mention the good orchestral score.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Bloodnose posted:

The Fallout games are often praised for the period music they include on the radio stations, not to mention the good orchestral score.

New Vegas' sound track was horrendously repetitive.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Repetitive but with good, praiseworthy songs. Tropico is another game series that often does well on that front.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

They added some great music to Payday 2 recently

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Present posted:

Listening to the soundtrack of this game now and it's awesome, just like the game itself. Are there any other games out there where the music really stands out is a similar way?

GTA: Vice City

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Assassin's Creed 4 soundtrack! (at least the great, authentic sea songs and shanties)

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

canyoneer posted:

Assassin's Creed 4 soundtrack! (at least the great, authentic sea songs and shanties)
I'm not nearly sure about authentic, but great yes. :allears: For me AC4's grandness is in the shanties/songs, for me AC3's is in the tomahawk moveset (the most goddamn fun I had with a melee weapon in the AC series) and Connor.

Where Connor falls short: lacking a meat bun in his hand. :colbert:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Chortles posted:

I'm not nearly sure about authentic, but great yes. :allears: For me AC4's grandness is in the shanties/songs, for me AC3's is in the tomahawk moveset (the most goddamn fun I had with a melee weapon in the AC series) and Connor.

Where Connor falls short: lacking a meat bun in his hand. :colbert:

The best song in the game is actually one of the tavern songs, but the shanties are great.

Do we know anything about the sequel yet? I am assuming it will be like GTA where there may be a bit of crossover, but that the characters will mostly be new.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Sleeping Dogs is getting a XBone and PS4 port in October.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 6, 2014

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Wonder if they'll get rid of the LOD which is most apparent while out on the sea, like approaching Central for example. They clearly used different models/cityscape when you're far away, even with the best settings, and the change of geometry to the higher LOD one is quite jarring and immersion-breaking. Wonder if it's because of performance or because the geometry of the main island itself isn't actually "whole"? (As in, rendering everything perfectly at all times would show inconsistencies or something?)

Who am I kidding, of course they won't.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Accordion Man posted:

Sleeping Dogs is getting a XBone and PS4 port in October.
I have the PC version and a rig capable of running it at stupid high resolutions so I probably won't be picking this up (unless there's new and/or restored content... please have new and/or restored content :ohdearsass:), but it's nice to see the best game of 2012 get more attention.

Party Plane Jones posted:

New Vegas' sound track was horrendously repetitive.
big iron on his hiiiiiip

Shooting Blanks posted:

The best song in the game is actually one of the tavern songs
drat straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nedFSIBaEfA

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

OH NO MAN posted:

I have the PC version and a rig capable of running it at stupid high resolutions so I probably won't be picking this up (unless there's new and/or restored content... please have new and/or restored content :ohdearsass:), but it's nice to see the best game of 2012 get more attention.

Yeah, I've got a PC that runs it pretty solid and I own all the DLC I'd want. Only thing that'd get me to double dip would be them taking the time to add in all that content they talked about having to remove. I would unironically pay full price if they added in more stuff with the dates and polished off those side aspects.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Look how wrong you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-lBydebg6w

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

:saddowns:

Seriously though, all the tavern songs in Black Flag are great.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

OH NO MAN posted:

RPS article on the new Definitive Edition.

No mention of restored content, sadly. Here's hoping original owners get a discount.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

Caufman posted:

RPS article on the new Definitive Edition.

No mention of restored content, sadly. Here's hoping original owners get a discount.

Have to wonder what "tuned gameplay" actually means. I thought most of the systems were pretty tight, so I can't figure out what would need tweaking. Maybe making certain cars/motorcycles less slippery?

Also, it's not a Definitive Edition if there isn't at least one Bon Jovi track on the karaoke list. :colbert:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I haven't seen anyone mention it in here, so I think I should mention that Steam now allows you to disable individual DLC for games. So you can just disable the Top Dog and High Roller packs from the Properties menu instead of deleting cryptically named data files.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I got this game a while ago and beat it back then, then picked up the DLC and haven't really touched it. I started a Nightmare in North Point playthrough, but is there no way to carry over my stuff from the main file?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Humerus posted:

I got this game a while ago and beat it back then, then picked up the DLC and haven't really touched it. I started a Nightmare in North Point playthrough, but is there no way to carry over my stuff from the main file?
Nah it has an enforced, playthrough-specific set of stuff.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Chortles posted:

However, beating the DLC does give you some bonuses in the main game.

For Nightmare, it's a sweet hat.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Chortles posted:

Yeah I guess I should have noticed that they give you the full health bar, I was just thrown off because on the map screen it says I have zero collectibles. I'm guessing you can't actually go get the Health Shrines or other collectables though (except the new Hell Shrines).

Crappy Jack posted:

However, beating the DLC does give you some bonuses in the main game.

For Nightmare, it's a sweet hat.

Awww yeah, dressup, the best part of any sandbox game.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So apparently we're going to finally know what Triad Wars is next week

I'm sure it'll be amaz-

quote:

upcoming PC online game

It's a MOBA.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
A MOBA? Like DOTA/League of Legends but with Triad dudes? That's not what I wanted out of Sleeping Dogs but it's got my attention.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
League Of Wei Shen Kicking Your rear end.
Defence of the STOP RESISTING.

Would play at least twice.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:lol: :lol: :lol: what a load of poo poo

Can the MOBA genre die off please videogame gods?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If it's not Free to Play it's going to die immediately just like every MOBA that exists.

edit: vvv That is a good point, I do not actually know where that guy is getting moba from.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Sep 20, 2014

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I think it should be pointed out that nowhere does it say it will be a MOBA, that's just speculation based on the description "online PC game".

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Flayer posted:

I think it should be pointed out that nowhere does it say it will be a MOBA, that's just speculation based on the description "online PC game".

There's 3 options here when it comes to "online PC game." MMOG of some kind, team based multiplayer arena shooter, and MOBA. Which one of those has been making money hand over fist? (for a small number of companies)

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

:smithicide:

God drat it Square-Enix.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
Why? I was going to buy the Definitive Edition despite 100% the original because I loved it. Why? Why?

Man, this has really soured my weekend.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Let's not get too pessimistic before we actually know anything about it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If one wants to be optimistic you can look at this as a way to keep the brand active and in public view while the sequel is in development.

It's just going to be a MOBA :v:

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
If it was a more comedic setting I would probably love it; imagine Triad vs. Yakuza vs. Mafia vs. other criminal syndicates.

However, I just want more single player story driven action rpg (similarly Yakuza 5 and onwards ain't coming westwards :().

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Shanakin posted:

Let's not get too pessimistic before we actually know anything about it.

A free to play pc game is the complete opposite of anything I could possibly hope for in the continuation of the series.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Sure if that's the case it's not a great sign but as far as I know FTP, MOBAs etc is all just idle speculation of this thread unless I missed something.

"Online PC Game" is pretty broad.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
It could be just like GTA Online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bloodnose posted:

It could be just like GTA Online.

If it's between being GTA Online and being a MOBA I'd say shut down the studio and don't make it at all because both of those are terrible and would make me sad.

• Locked thread