Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I may be committing an act of automotive sanity.

HELP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 215 days!)

cursedshitbox posted:

I may be committing an act of automotive sanity.

Hmm, let me check the flowchart..

Think about what you're saying, man.. that is like Motronic not being Motronic. IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN THAT WAY.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Is that code for selling the Land Rover?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Viggen posted:

Hmm, let me check the flowchart..

Think about what you're saying, man.. that is like Motronic not being Motronic. IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN THAT WAY.

You know what, you're alright.

Details under wraps till the sane choice is in the driveway.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Always wanted to try that. How long do you think it'll take to see results?

I am completely electrically retarded, and admit to only vaguely understanding the science behind it so I really don't know. I'm going to leave it going overnight, rotate it around before I leave for work tomorrow, and see where it's at when I get home. I'll post a comparative shot with the other drum when I get some results.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Is it a Miata?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I am completely electrically retarded, and admit to only vaguely understanding the science behind it so I really don't know. I'm going to leave it going overnight, rotate it around before I leave for work tomorrow, and see where it's at when I get home. I'll post a comparative shot with the other drum when I get some results.

Time to find a couple of rusty cast iron pans at a yardsale and throw them in there and get them reseasoned. You can probably flip them for profit if you can find some vintage stuff.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'd never trade my pile for a miata unless said miata had the same amount of cylinders under the hood.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Well, the Miata probably has the same compression across all cyls as the Rover.

E: Oz really sucks. It comes off as some strong poo poo, and wait, no, its just prison assrape with a gimp for cut scenes. Woop-de-loving do. Its trying too hard to be edgy. I think I'm done with this series at S1E4.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 29, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

cursedshitbox posted:

I'd never trade my pile for a miata unless said miata had the same amount of cylinders under the hood.

You got a Camry didn't you.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

CharlesM posted:

You got a Camry didn't you.

I got a snip at birth but it was just the tip, so I didn't go full conservative cube boy.

E: viggen: yeah probably this week.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

cursedshitbox posted:

I got a snip at birth but it was just the tip, so I didn't go full conservative cube boy.

volvo wagon?

(volvo wagon is the correct answer to most questions, fyi)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

should I finally post a thread about a stupid project to keep me motivated and on track???

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Viggen posted:

E: Oz really sucks. It comes off as some strong poo poo, and wait, no, its just prison assrape with a gimp for cut scenes. Woop-de-loving do. Its trying too hard to be edgy. I think I'm done with this series at S1E4.

Sorry to see that, because there is a lot more to it than the prison rape.

bend
Dec 31, 2012
Right, I've chucked up an OP on prospecting over in ask/tell http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654010, sorry it's not brilliant I'll add more info whenever I get a chance.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Got pulled from the bucket truck job to start a job site in CT today. Except no one told me it's an 8AM start and not 7AM as usual. I showed up and the place is a ghost town. Oh well, at least I get to sleep in an extra hour the next two weeks.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Rockauto 5% off good until 9/28: 2396280122213747

Enter in the "how did you hear about us" box.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

NitroSpazzz posted:

Driving home and see a car pulled onto the shoulder with a flat front passenger tire, decide to be nice and pull over to see if they need a hand. Got bitched out for stopping to help by some crazy bitch since I obviously only stopped because it was a woman. "Nevermind, go gently caress yourself" then drove away.

Something something no good deed goes unpunished. I hope she's still sitting there trying to figure out how to use the widow maker jack.

To balance this out, yesterday I stopped and helped a delightful old man unseize the front caliper on his minivan.

He offered to hook me up on a date with his daughter. With his daughter standing right there. When I showed him my wedding ring he said "well that's too bad, how about a coffee with me instead" :haw: and gave me the biggest grin ever while his daughter died of embarrassment.

Made my week.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Are there any android apps that can be used to track mpg? Or do you guys just use a spread sheet?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

mariooncrack posted:

Are there any android apps that can be used to track mpg? Or do you guys just use a spread sheet?

Fuelly works pretty well and you can use the website to look up the average mpg for any given vehicle, year, engine and transmission.

I'm moving today and I always forget how loving terrible it is. Hopefully this will be the last time for 10+ years

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

mariooncrack posted:

Fuelly is what I've been using, apparently they now have an app but I usually just text in updates. Simple and works good enough.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Dashcommand and an obd2 dongle seems to do a great job of fuel mileage.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

Fuelly is what I've been using, apparently they now have an app but I usually just text in updates. Simple and works good enough.

I think they bought aCar, which is what I've been using for years.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

8ender posted:

To balance this out, yesterday I stopped and helped a delightful old man unseize the front caliper on his minivan.

He offered to hook me up on a date with his daughter. With his daughter standing right there. When I showed him my wedding ring he said "well that's too bad, how about a coffee with me instead" :haw: and gave me the biggest grin ever while his daughter died of embarrassment.

Made my week.

That's hilarious. I hope you took him up on it!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Oh the movers aren't showing up until 2-4 PM? Glad I got up at 5 to do a bit more packing

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

You Am I posted:

Sorry to see that, because there is a lot more to it than the prison rape.

After I reminded myself this is from the late 90s, I decided to give it a bit less jaundiced eye. Hell, this was edgy then, even if it is a bit trite at times. I'm up to S2E1, and we haven't had the annoying crackhead in the wheelchair as our "Guide on the Jailhouse Ride" every 3 seconds, so, eh.. I may sit it out.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I had a bad idea in the shower last night... K24 swap into a 190E.

I'm not sure if I like that idea more than turbocharging a Civic RT4WD.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Phone posted:

Why stop at 4 cylinders?

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Phone posted:

I have long considered a F20c in a 240d. Surprisingly, the 240d is only 200lbs heavier than the S2000, and I'm guessing a good chunk of that weight comes from the iron block iron head OM617 diesel engine. Can you imagine a W123 screaming to 9000rpm? I can, and it makes me feel good in my pants.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

8ender posted:

Dashcommand and an obd2 dongle seems to do a great job of fuel mileage.

I use a receipt, trip odo, and a keen memory

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

trouser chili posted:

I have long considered a F20c in a 240d. Surprisingly, the 240d is only 200lbs heavier than the S2000, and I'm guessing a good chunk of that weight comes from the iron block iron head OM617 diesel engine. Can you imagine a W123 screaming to 9000rpm? I can, and it makes me feel good in my pants.

I didn't think this could possibly be right until I looked it up too. I don't know whether I'm more astonished that the Merc weighs so little or that the Honda weighs so much.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I know CSB was wanting to stuff a Mercedes V12 into a 190e. It would be terrifying and awesome. :getin:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Viggen posted:

After I reminded myself this is from the late 90s, I decided to give it a bit less jaundiced eye. Hell, this was edgy then, even if it is a bit trite at times. I'm up to S2E1, and we haven't had the annoying crackhead in the wheelchair as our "Guide on the Jailhouse Ride" every 3 seconds, so, eh.. I may sit it out.

It is still, I would argue, the most accurate (though still flawed) tv portrayal of prison in the mainstream us.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phone posted:

Just hurry up and do it to a Miata so I can learn from your mistakes :colbert:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Dunno if anyone remembers but last month I think I posted about the etiquette of leaving notes on others car. Ive been seeing this MR2 lately but its always there when I come in so we must have different shifts. I left a note saying "Nice car - 'black mustang'".

Today, probably over a month later I had this under my wiper:

Car friends!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMAy7Z6zys

Matt Farah gets to drive the most awesome stuff.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

T1g4h posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMAy7Z6zys

Matt Farah gets to drive the most awesome stuff.

Jesus I'd drive the gently caress out of that thing. Of course I'd take that mountain road as my morning commute too.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

cursedshitbox posted:

So you have a dickey instead of a turtleneck?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Phone posted:

I've been thinking that it sounds perfect for my e30 318iS. Too expensive though as far as I can estimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm currently in a discussion on FB with a former coworker. He's convinced that the Mustang is gonna go to FWD eventually, because "fuel economy" and "investors" and "the market is changing".

Also a used GT-R is a better deal than any American sports car.

• Locked thread