Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Illudere posted:

I, Illudere, oath 12 Hearthguard from Splintered Light Miniatures in 15mm and one female giant from Ral Partha.

Accepted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo posted:

Additional oath! 2 Shadow Dragon from Descent 2. Edition by FFG.
Zenithal primed.

I don't know if this'll fly, but since I oathed the dragons 5 hours ago, I'd like to claim speed painting on this guy.
Complete with lovely base to match all the other lovely bases I have in my Descent set.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Before MSP has an aneurysm....

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 2x Melta dudes, 2x Plasma dudes and 2x Sargent dudes. All made by Mantic, 28mm, on 25mm bases, uh... used probably for GW Imperial Guard/ Astra Militarum and Themed Group most likely. I think that's everything? One of the guys is primed white, others unprimed with 'restic' bodies and plastic/metal guns. A few have cork in bases and others have red aquarium rocks.

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
I Oath a big Plague dude from Deadzone/Mantic

single color basecoat, just poor coverage.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm on my phone so I'll get to the Accepted post later, but I forgot to post that we're approaching the deadline for Oaths! So get em in while you can!

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oh what the heck.

Additional oath: Two (2) Hobbit Great Eagles from Games Workshop

Maybe these are a tiny bit past due but I leave that to the judges, I'm not in a hurry.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I Black_Nexus am oathing one pistol wraith from privateer press!

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Willy Miniatures Human Super-Star:

(The cleft chin is not part of the sculpt fyi)

Also claiming box art on this guy:

http://willy-miniatures.blogspot.com/2011/11/star-player-human-super-star-8.html

I am going to probably use him as a Griff Oberwald, but this guy is big enough to be Mighty Zug.
Here he is with my 2nd edition Norse team that I painted like 10 years ago:

Chaos Space Marine captain with sword and pistol Jurnal entry:
I tried to make it kind of subtle, I don't know if it worked.

Here he is hanging out with the guys I painted last month in a Themed Group:

As a bonus here are the chaos cultists from the same set I painted before I started doing oaths:

Just the hellbrute and two more chaos marines and my half of the Dark Vengeance box is done!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Before MSP has an aneurysm....

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 2x Melta dudes, 2x Plasma dudes and 2x Sargent dudes.

Derlix posted:

I Oath a big Plague dude from Deadzone/Mantic

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Oh what the heck.

Additional oath: Two (2) Hobbit Great Eagles from Games Workshop

Oaths Accepted!

:siren: Three hours and 20 minutes remaining to get any oaths in! :siren:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!

:siren: Three hours and 20 minutes remaining to get any oaths in! :siren:

Welp, There goes my plan to speed paint over the weekend...
Ah well, There is always next month! And I should really base up what I have already oathed.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
I may best get a move on to finish off my last model.

Anyone have any tips for painting when it's really warm and humid? Paint keeps drying on my palette

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

gilljoy posted:

Anyone have any tips for painting when it's really warm and humid? Paint keeps drying on my palette

Wet palette!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

gilljoy posted:

Paint faster! :argh:

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...

moths posted:

I used the plaster of Paris in this silicone hot pad / duvet:

To create a lifetime supply of hexagonal bricks:

Oh you smart son of a bitch! This is awesome, and I am definitely going to do the same. Ordered one type off ebay (square) and another off Alibaba (hexagonal). This solves the problem I was having of finding something suitable like that. Brilliant! Cheers mate!

Here's where I ordered mine if anyone is looking for one cheap -

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pie...1756278935.html

The Dark Project fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 25, 2014

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Le Mini Grande Battery

240 French Line Infantry, 16 to a base, 15 bases.

Scourge Annihilator in transit mode.

The same, ready to rain death upon my foes.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
July Oath Complete

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

One Bones Callie, Human Rogue (weapon swapped because... well, bones are super-flimsy) and one Bones Gravedigger:

Claiming OSL jurnal. Pretty pleased with how this came out, all told, though I don't think it's perfect. It was pretty terrifying midway through, as it was just feeling like it had all gone wrong. it's true what they say, you just can't judge a mini til the last brushstroke hits it. I have to say also that the gravedigger has probably been my favourite human-sized Bone to paint thus far. It's a really characterful, detailed figure, it was great fun, and felt really quite easy, to paint.

The archer was a bit meh, the face scuplt in particular was dodgy, and there was way too much tiny detail on the cloathes that just felt like I was smearing the poo poo out of it. I tried a new technique, though, dotting with a cocktail stick per this tutorial: http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/tutorial-making-skin-with-dot-grain.html - the cloak is supposed to look like leaves, and as it is it kinda looks camo-y. I'm not that pleased with the mini, or the effect, but it's do.

Also, backstory for the gravedigger as below:

Geraghty swore, he could hear noises out in the cemetery. Most of the people around had learned, but apparently not all. He hoped... but no, he could hear other noises, as uninvited guests attracted the attention of the locals. He sighed, swore again, and threw on his duster. He picked up the shovel; it wasn't much, but it was soaked in the earth of this place, and held a certain power over those who were supposed to remain within that soil. He stepped outside into the deceptively warm orange light of his lanterns. These were corpselights, given to him by the mage-lord of the town, and in their light, the insubstantial was corporeal. His shack was ringed by four of them, with a fifth above, and a sixth within. The seventh, he pulled down from its hook, and snapped his fingers. The nearest permanent light flickered, almost seeming to cough, and its light split in two. One half stayed, guarding the shack from unwanted approaches, whilst the other leapt into the lantern in his hand. By the glare of the corpselight, Geraghty stepped out into the graveyard.

Was this job really worth the money? he wondered, with a grimace.

Also, thereby claiming Double the Fun.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 27, 2014

Germ
May 7, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

Geraghty swore, he could hear noises out in the cemetery. Most of the people around had learned, but apparently not all. He hoped... but no, he could hear other noises, as uninvited guests attracted the attention of the locals. He sighed, swore again, and threw on his duster. He picked up the shovel; it wasn't much, but it was soaked in the earth of this place, and held a certain power over those who were supposed to remain within that soil. He stepped outside into the deceptively warm orange light of his lanterns. These were corpselights, given to him by the mage-lord of the town, and in their light, the insubstantial was corporeal. His shack was ringed by four of them, with a fifth above, and a sixth within. The seventh, he pulled down from its hook, and snapped his fingers. The nearest permanent light flickered, almost seeming to cough, and its light split in two. One half stayed, guarding the shack from unwanted approaches, whilst the other leapt into the lantern in his hand. By the glare of the corpselight, Geraghty stepped out into the graveyard.

Was this job really worth the money? he wondered, with a grimace.

I really enjoyed this backstory. You nailed the theme of the mini perfectly!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Thanks =)

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE :catdrugs:

Figured I'd go for backstory with these, if this isn't acceptable for being a fair departure from the usual stuff, tell me:

In an alternate 1940, Operation Sealion went ahead as planned in September. Despite strong opposition from the RAF and the Royal Navy, several platoons made it to shore in the south and east of England, where they engaged Home Guard and regular British forces in attempts to establish a beachhead for further invasion forces. These troops represent part of such a platoon.

Anyway, on with the pictures:

Command squad:

Mortar team and spotter:

Sd. Kfz 251 'Hanomag' half-track:

Infantry squad with MG34 team:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

I am also Claiming:

Fly your flag, for the Phoenix guard banner.

Speed Painting:

Inquisitor Jurnul:
The skull is glowing blue to do the OSL challenge.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH (SUCH AS IT IS) COMPLETE

Jurnal is the glow of the volcanic ground on the Terror Tots. Same idea, technique and army as I used for last season's OSL jurnal. :effort:

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
I'm officially throwing in the towel on my oath this month OATH FAILED! I could finish it if I could put the rest of my life on hold but that is not going to happen this month. I'll be looking forward to Savin da Whales next month. Which reminds me, what is the protocol for saving a failed oath?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just post (after the 1st of the month) that you're gonna try and Save da Whales, and then post an Oath Complete that shows the completed Whales stuff, along with a link or quote of the original oath that you failed. If you post an Oath Complete post that also includes your August oath stuff, be sure to keep your August stuff separate from the Whales (so it's clear to Iris what to credit you for and where).

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Just FYI, I've been ill most of this weekend. I still owe :sun: Hot June Prizes :sun: for the thread. Hopefully I can roll them tonight!

muskets posted:

:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE :catdrugs:

Figured I'd go for backstory with these, if this isn't acceptable for being a fair departure from the usual stuff, tell me:

You're cool. I'm of the opinion that history lessons count just fine. :)

Leperflesh posted:

Just post (after the 1st of the month) that you're gonna try and Save da Whales, and then post an Oath Complete that shows the completed Whales stuff, along with a link or quote of the original oath that you failed. If you post an Oath Complete post that also includes your August oath stuff, be sure to keep your August stuff separate from the Whales (so it's clear to Iris what to credit you for and where).

Thanks for the assist. :) :respek: :)

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

All done with my first oath!

Will try and take better images tomorrow as the light has gotten a tad rubish here.

Warders

Rok, what a lovely sculpt, I don't think I've done it justice but I like how it turned out.

gilljoy fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 28, 2014

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren:OATH COMPLETE, ONE PISTOL WRAITH from privateer press:siren:

Jurnal is the trying to make a glowy eye effect

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
:siren:koreban's July 2014 Oath Complete - Claiming jurnl, Fly Your Flag, and Parts List:siren:

Jurnl - For headlamps OSL on the Rhino.

Fly Your Flag - Hand painted sergeant's banner.

Parts List

2x Space Marine Combat Squad - GW part number: 99 12 01 01 006
10x Champ Industries Industrial Bases
10x GW Tactical Squad Shoulder Pads 2
9x GW Crimson Fists Shoulder Pads
1x GW Mk2 Rhino + Razorback TL Heavy Bolter

Primer:
Krylon Extra Flat Grey spray primer (models)
Krylon Extra Flat Black spray primer (rhino)

Base Coat:
Army Painter Deep Blue (all models)

Colors:
Citadel Mephiston Red
Citadel Abbadon Black
Army Painter Gun Metal
Citadel White
Army Painter Skeleton Bone (chest aquila, purity seals)

Highlights:
Citadel Dark Angels Green (eyes)
Citadel Warpstone Glow (eyes)
Citadel Nihilakh Oxide (lamps)
Citadel Shadow Grey (edge highlights on armor)
Army Painter Shining Silver (edge weathering on vehicle)
Citadel White (edge highlights on purity seals, chest aquila, lamp OSL)

Washes:
Citadel Brown Ink 9pouches and pistol holster)
Citadel Nuln Oil (chest aquila, weapons)
Citadel Agrax Earthshade (red spots on armor)
Citadel Seraphim Sepia (purity seals, melta barrels)
P3 Armor Wash (bases)

(Sorry again for the poo poo lighting, all I've got is my desk's LED lamp and I'm going out of town for work until after Aug 1, so I won't have a chance to submit with natural light photos. I'll plan my time better next month.)

Germ
May 7, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

One converted Soulgrinder of Nurgle. Getting so close to getting done with my Nurgle army I can taste it!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

FFG plastic is poo poo so all the pole-arms warped right back when the temperature hit 30-35o.
Why not have a small back story about that?

"Hey sarge, me and the guys where wondering... What's with the new pole-arms? They're all floppy and weird."
"A small misdelivery, private. Our supplier, Fantasy Fight, accidentally sent us a bunch of larp equipment instead of the new steel gear that we ordered. The brass says that we'll use it since we have nothing else."
"They know that we're going to fight all sorts of crazies and demons tomorrow, right? What are we supposed to do!? Our weapons are rubber and our shields are foam!"
"You're supposed to do your job! Fight the enemy, kill the enemy! Now go shine that axe, it looks like poo poo."

Unsurprisingly, casualties were very high the next day. Both for the army and for the Dragon's Tooth Live Role-playing Club downtown.
~fin~

Achivements this month:
Journal on the dragons.
Back story
Speed painting.
Posted here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=142632#post432632091
Apprentice

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Time for :siren: June Prizes :siren: finally!

June Oath Thread, Springer-Pinsel Set 1d68: 27
http://orokos.com/roll/210627
This goes to Phoon!

June Oath Thread, $10 OpenBookShelf credit (from goon Dagon) 1d68: 26
http://orokos.com/roll/210628
This goes to Galaspar!

June Oath Thread, Troll Trader 1d68: 32
http://orokos.com/roll/210629
This goes to counterspin!

June Oath Thread, Dragon Forge 1d68: 67
http://orokos.com/roll/210630
This goes to Derlix!

June Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize 1d68: 61
http://orokos.com/roll/210631
This goes to Esser-Z!

Congrats to all winners!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Woah. Wasn't expecting that. Awesome! How do I go about claiming it? The wiki is blocked at work; may have to wait 'til I get home.

Annoyed at myself I didn't oath this month. Will for next.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Congrats, everyone!

If you need to get in touch with me, drop me an email at krushgroove169 at gmail.com!

Phoon - let me have your address so I can get your Springer-Pinsel brushes to you!

Galaspar - get in touch with Dagon to get your $10 credit to OpenBookShelf!

Counterspin - choose your Troll Trader prize here: http://sa-tg-oath-thread.wikia.com/wiki/The_Troll_Trader

Derlix - go here for instructions on how to claim your Dragon Forge Designs prize http://sa-tg-oath-thread.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Forge

Esser-Z posted:

Woah. Wasn't expecting that. Awesome! How do I go about claiming it? The wiki is blocked at work; may have to wait 'til I get home.

Annoyed at myself I didn't oath this month. Will for next.

Where are you located: North America, or UK/EU? I think you're in NA?

Also, the June prize winners:
Mt. ORourke
- I need your address, I don't think I have it?

Haydrian - have you talked to Dagon to get your prize?

WhiteOutMouse - Have a look at the Troll Trader prizes and pick a prize! http://sa-tg-oath-thread.wikia.com/wiki/The_Troll_Trader

moths - go here for instructions on how to claim your Dragon Forge Designs prize http://sa-tg-oath-thread.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Forge

lovestick - you've gotten your Grab Bag prize now, yes?

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 29, 2014

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Yeah, United States.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
FYI, Krushgroove, my grab bag contributions haven't arrived yet because apparently I never addressed it properly. :doh: Pardon me a few days on that while I re-buy postage.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Galaspar and Haydrian, you can reach me via PMs here or chris@lees-lists.com.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Can I go for the paint rack?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

counterspin posted:

Can I go for the paint rack?

You could...if it were December :) That's a big 'un I've reserved for the Christmas prize! WhiteOutMouse has to make his pick first, so if you want to email me your first choice and second choice just in case, and your current address, I'll get yours sent out next week.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Poked around a bit. I saw you got the Euro grab bag linked in the starting post, but not the US one yet. It still in the process of being compiled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Esser-Z posted:

Poked around a bit. I saw you got the Euro grab bag linked in the starting post, but not the US one yet. It still in the process of being compiled?

Yeah, our US Grab Bag sender-outer is swamped with work but Iris of Ether has stuff as well, I am trying to coordinate things to get at least a few pictures for US goons to go through.

• Locked thread