Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Geez, that is so far from me. :smith:

Oh well.

20-hour flight. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Seriously why don't you guys be in cooler places.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

TontoCorazon posted:

Seriously why don't you guys be in cooler places.

where F Plus Live is posted:

Minneapolis

Uhh we're already in cooler places?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Djeser posted:

Uhh we're already in cooler places?
Isn't Minneapolis the city so cold it has a human habitrail so that it doesn't have to close for winter?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
poop.computer is live!

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Have you all considered live streaming F Plus Live? I'd easily pay for access.

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

Bean posted:

Have you all considered live streaming F Plus Live? I'd easily pay for access.

Extremely unlikely. We're doing this in a bar and won't have a lot of time to set up and test these things. After getting the sound equipment working for recording and live sound, we're not going to want to add anything else to that mix.

We should be able to put it up in podcast form pretty quickly like the last two times. There's a lot less editing required for live recordings than our regular episodes.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Are you going to record video? I remember you guys said Live 2 was recorded but the tape got corrupted and hosed.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
drat, 20-hour road trip. Although if there's stuff to do in Toronto, Detroit, and Chicago along the way...

*consults all sports schedules*

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
I'm pretty sure I live within walking/biking distance of that place. AKA, I will be there if it isn't 21+.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Cool, that's local to me. I'm a little confused, though--which Grumpy's? Downtown I assume?

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Pick posted:

Cool, that's local to me. I'm a little confused, though--which Grumpy's? Downtown I assume?

Downtown, yeah. Grumpy's on the post is a google maps link to the location.

Bunnybread
Feb 16, 2012

Invisible Ted posted:

I'm pretty sure I live within walking/biking distance of that place. AKA, I will be there if it isn't 21+.

Yeah, sorry. Grumpy's is 21+ which sucks cause it prevents me from participating since I'm a skinny 19-year-old white hipster.

I recommend getting a fake ID or just aging really quickly before Oct. 5th.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Bunnybread posted:

Yeah, sorry. Grumpy's is 21+ which sucks cause it prevents me from participating since I'm a skinny 19-year-old white hipster.

Wow, I would not have guessed that from your voice.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

alcharagia posted:

His 'little baby bunnybread' voice is actually his real voice!

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
You were 14 when the first episode of the F Plus came out. What the gently caress.

My mind is blown.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Finnankainen posted:

You were 14 when the first episode of the F Plus came out. What the gently caress.

My mind is blown.

I literally cannot wrap my head around Bunnybread being a 19 year old hipster. Like, awesome voice aside, he seems a bit more mature than 19. But then, it's been a few years since I was last 19. Maybe they're making them different these days.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
You guys are not getting the joke. I read that Bunnybread is actually a 16 year old girl.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

His 'little baby bunnybread' voice is actually his real voice!

Bunny Bread is like a superhero but instead of saying shazam and gaining superpowers he drinks a glass of cognac and gains 20 years and three ex-wives.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Guys it was only a page ago. This podcast demands you remember jokes from 4 YEARS ago, cmon.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

alcharagia posted:

Finnankainen posted:

My mind is blown.

Sitting Here posted:

I literally cannot wrap my head around Bunnybread being a 19 year old hipster. Like, awesome voice aside, he seems a bit more mature than 19. But then, it's been a few years since I was last 19. Maybe they're making them different these days.
You guys can't possibly be this dumb. Amnesiac?

TetsuoTW posted:

A lot of people don't realize that Bunnybread is actually a skinny 19-year-old white hipster and Stog is Kenyan.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I too am astonished to learn that Bunnybread is, IRL, just a giant pair of lips.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I guess on some level I just want it to be true because it would be hilarious.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Bunnybread is too cool for Minneapolis.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Sham bam bamina! posted:

You guys can't possibly be this dumb. Amnesiac?

Yeah, that about covers it. :downs:

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
I knew there was a reason to move near Minneapolis. Looks like I'll be able to make the next live show as well.

Edit: In the end.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I tried so hard and lost it all but in the butt, it doesn't really matter.

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

So that's why they call it butt rock.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
I'm catching up with the newer episodes and the idea of someone eating piss butter is the only thing that has made me physically gag out of everything that's been covered

Bunnybread
Feb 16, 2012

TontoCorazon posted:

Bunnybread is too cool for Minneapolis.

While this is the truest statement that the English language is capable of, I will still be heading up there for the festivities. It'll be about nine hours of travel time but it's worth it to have the opportunity to drink some beer and read some dumb writing aloud while a bunch of nerds make geeky in-jokes. I mean, when am I gonna have another chance like that?

Great Orb!
Feb 4, 2009
If I don't end up working that weekend, I'll definitely drop by, considering I'm only ~20 minutes from that Grumpy's. :buddy:

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
F+ Live has been officially announced here, and the announcement is accompanied by an episode about Patreon. Go listen!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Squint posted:

F+ Live has been officially announced here, and the announcement is accompanied by an episode about Patreon. Go listen!

I hate this episode. Not the content, the bile towards the idea of Patreon. Oh no, this guy that consistently makes a thing that people apparently enjoy wants a consistent income so he can pay his rent. You lazy rear end in a top hat, that's what jobs are for! Because if there's one thing this economy is known for, it's how easy it is to get a job. I mean, I have to fight off four desperate businessmen every day just to get the mail. I don't see how anyone could have trouble getting one.

What I'm saying is, I hate people who hate the idea of Patreon. Is there stuff to hate? Yeah, this episode is an hour and twenty minutes long, there's got to be something to it besides bog standard Patreons for dumb but theoretically competent webcomics. That doesn't mean that the ire they have towards it doesn't make me want to punch them in the face.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I don't see it as all that different than how they acted about Indie Gogo, that Mars bullshit or Kickstarter.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Lurks With Wolves posted:

What I'm saying is, I hate people who hate the idea of Patreon. Is there stuff to hate? Yeah, this episode is an hour and twenty minutes long, there's got to be something to it besides bog standard Patreons for dumb but theoretically competent webcomics. That doesn't mean that the ire they have towards it doesn't make me want to punch them in the face.

Okay, I've calmed down a bit, I've listened past the first fifteen minutes, and yeah, now we're getting into the people that are exploiting the Patreon system that I can feel good about laughing at. That's good. Now if they just lead with them I wouldn't have spent ten minutes wanting to punch Portaxx.

(I know it's gauche to doublepost, but I've made a big enough change in opinion since making that post that it'd be weird to just edit this in.)

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Tracula posted:

I don't see it as all that different than how they acted about Indie Gogo, that Mars bullshit or Kickstarter.

The problem is that the first thing they read is the example of what a decent Patreon is. Someone's making a thing, they want to get a somewhat steady income from it, so if you like it just toss them a few bucks a month and they'll give you a little bonus as a thank you present. It would be the least mockable thing if it wasn't for a dumb webcomic. Then the second piece was dumb but honestly dumb and the rest of the pieces I've heard so far were actually mockable as hell, so I can listen to it without feeling like a complete rear end in a top hat and I'm actually having a good time with the episode now.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Okay, I've calmed down a bit, I've listened past the first fifteen minutes, and yeah, now we're getting into the people that are exploiting the Patreon system that I can feel good about laughing at. That's good. Now if they just lead with them I wouldn't have spent ten minutes wanting to punch Portaxx.

(I know it's gauche to doublepost, but I've made a big enough change in opinion since making that post that it'd be weird to just edit this in.)

You might enjoy their episode for JustRage.com

Or you may not get why they are laughing at those people either

Reivax
Apr 24, 2008

The problem is that the first thing they read is the example of what a decent Patreon is. Someone's making a thing, they want to get a somewhat steady income from it, so if you like it just toss them a few bucks a month and they'll give you a little bonus as a thank you present. It would be the least mockable thing if it wasn't for a dumb webcomic. Then the second piece was dumb but honestly dumb and the rest of the pieces I've heard so far were actually mockable as hell, so I can listen to it without feeling like a complete rear end in a top hat and I'm actually having a good time with the episode now.

Well done, you've described Kickstarter in Installments. It can be used properly, like Kickstarter, but there's always going to be a bunch of idiots.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer
New episode is up, you may not have seen it since somebody dated it for July 1st rather than August.

Patreon, motherfuckers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

A Long Way Down posted:

New episode is up, you may not have seen it since somebody dated it for July 1st rather than August.

Patreon, motherfuckers!

Squint posted:

:rolleye: